AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 19:07   Link #661
potchip

Realizing, and acting on that realization is different things.

Rika is simply out, doesn't matter what she says Kodaka just ignores, realising she has 'serious' moments notwithstanding. And admittedly, Rika's actually one of the more empathic person in the group, she actually understands other people's feelings, unlike the 2 main girls. She's overly undulgent on herself and less concerned about other's perceptions yet I don't think she's one to force herself upon another.

Both Sena and Yozora have already asked Kodaka out. The key issue is it has to be recognised by both parties as a date, with an objective from the beginning.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 21:11   Link #662
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i do hate open endings like that, its the author the one that dont have the balls to make the decision, and so far as i remember there are only 2 manga/animes that havent ended with the "main heroine" first dragonball, second true tears(hell i hated that one).
Add to your list Shuffle and Mashiro iro Simphony. And as I said before, yes, the author is gonna milk the triangle as long as he can cause he doesn't have the balls to do so and sure doesn't even has a damn idea about what do with the series if that ever happens.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 03:41   Link #663
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Add to your list Shuffle and Mashiro iro Simphony. And as I said before, yes, the author is gonna milk the triangle as long as he can cause he doesn't have the balls to do so and sure doesn't even has a damn idea about what do with the series if that ever happens.
then i guess i gotta finish watching mashiro

im recalling that someone said before that past novels of this author tended to had some crazy plot twist so who knows, still i root for yozora.
Old 2012-02-16, 12:46   Link #664
novalysis

Quote:
Isn't this rather clearly lampshaded in King of the Riajuus. Kodaka's reluctance to break out of the love-polygon is motivated by fear. Once he does that, what then? Will their incipient friendships fall apart once he commits? Does he feel secure enough in his friendships to break the hearts of all of his friends save the one he reciprocates to?

In a way, that's analogous to the author's dilemma, I suspect.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 14:29   Link #665
mironicus

You can also write your own ending.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 22:41   Link #666
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Isn't this rather clearly lampshaded in King of the Riajuus. Kodaka's reluctance to break out of the love-polygon is motivated by fear. Once he does that, what then? Will their incipient friendships fall apart once he commits? Does he feel secure enough in his friendships to break the hearts of all of his friends save the one he reciprocates to?

well the author has done some analogies like that in the past, but here i think it plays a mors plot factor, you know its never coincidence a new characters show up.

also anyone heard anything about the next novel?
Old 2012-02-17, 07:30   Link #667
mironicus

A new female transfer student will appear that also refers to Kodaka as "Taka".
She will claim that she already had sex with him and that she still likes him...

Old 2012-02-17, 15:12   Link #668
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's... A comedy scene... You know that right... ?

Anyway if we go with that conversation he had with Rika, unless something changes in his personality, it's more accurate to say that Kodaka is all too conscious of his own personal happiness because he doesn't want to disrupt the status quot and just wants everyone to stay as friends because he's afraid of change.
The vibe i get from him he doesnt really harbor proper feelings for any of them kodaka seems like the kind of guy that is better of ending up with the warm friendly nice girl due to his rather cold but still kind personality after all opposites attract kinda thing. Whether it be sena or yozora their both kind of... annoyingly cold? i dont know what you'd call yozora shes not a tsundere but shes not nice either shes just really... bland? kodoka sort of is as well but hes a nice guy hes just misunderstood. Then sena if you want me to choose between sena and yozora even though i dont think either are really a good match i'd pick her. Shes a tsundere to kodaka atleast when things get a bit mooshy and lovey dovey but shes cute aswell the astaroth chapter at the end her saying they have to date first was kind of cute. So yeah out of those two who i guess are the most likely romances for kodaka if he gets any at all sena would be the best bet and yozora stays as his best friend thats how i'd see it going, but i kind of hope its neither. Plus if he dates either he'll probably never make any male friends since their both apparently babes lol.

But in saying that i think its to late in the novel to introduce any new main characters so maybe he just confirms his feelings and stays friends with all of them? its honestly the only route i see logically.

Additionally whats the story with the student council president that yozora hates? could there maybe be some story behind that? maybe they were friends in the past afterall yozora did say she went to that theme park with a friend from middle school and it wasnt kodaka so?

i hope yusa aoi and student council prez get more involved and constant recurring characters it gets a little borin sometimes with just the neighbours club girls need some more variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

Like i was saying in the previous post i think it would be better if he remained friends with all of them and got "miss. outsider" That none of them knew seems like the only option to keep all the friendships stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Realizing, and acting on that realization is different things.

Rika is simply out, doesn't matter what she says Kodaka just ignores, realising she has 'serious' moments notwithstanding. And admittedly, Rika's actually one of the more empathic person in the group, she actually understands other people's feelings, unlike the 2 main girls. She's overly undulgent on herself and less concerned about other's perceptions yet I don't think she's one to force herself upon another.

Both Sena and Yozora have already asked Kodaka out. The key issue is it has to be recognised by both parties as a date, with an objective from the beginning.
What wait so they have both confessed their feelings and asked him out? interesting... but the fact he didnt recipricate says something... Maybe they'll introduce a new character next volume only kodaka comes into contact with for a while and he builds feelings for her that would be interesting

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-02-18 at 01:09. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double/triple posting...
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:33   Link #669
mironicus

Quote:
kodaka seems like the kind of guy that is better of ending up with the warm friendly nice girl due to his rather cold but still kind personality
Kodakas impression of the girls:
Rika = warm friendly nice girl, she is Kodakas ideal type, but her personality grosses him out
Sena = high class lady, hard to approach
Yozora = distant, hard to approach

On the other side:
Kodaka = calm, friendly, dependable, distant and... hard to approach

Quote:
What wait so they have both confessed their feelings
No, they haven't. They both can't express their feelings directly to him.
Being loners, they share the same problem to approach others. In the novel, Kodaka is very critical and there is really no person he actually accepts for being themselves. This is the reason why those kind of people are unable to make friends. They can't express their feelings for another directly because of the fear of rejection.

However... look at the movie script chapter in volume 7. Yozora made a script where some childhood friends (played by Kodaka and Yozora) ends up together. Sena and Rika protests and wants to rewrite the script so the guy Kodaka plays ends up with them instead. This chapter is so hilarious!

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-02-17 at 17:27.
Old 2012-02-20, 21:55   Link #670
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Vexed released released 2 chapters

Spoiler:

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-02-20 at 22:06.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 08:45   Link #671
Miraluka
Banned

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7508.html

The author is suffering some illness and was admitted to the hospital because it was an emergency.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:33   Link #672
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

^ Any announcement that the series will be put in haitus? I hope not.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:35   Link #673
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why is all novel writer tend to have health issues?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:36   Link #674
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
^ Any announcement that the series will be put in haitus? I hope not.
This announcement implies there is a hiatus.
Old 2012-02-21, 16:02   Link #675
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
This announcement implies there is a hiatus.
Thinking about it and based on release frequency, we should have had heard something about volume 8 preview text in December or January....

Now we are hearing about it, but it's sadly not good news. Let's hope that a long hiatus doesn't affect negatively the popularity of this series... Heck, better yet let's hope that there is no long hiatus at all
Old 2012-02-21, 21:25   Link #676
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why is all novel writer tend to have health issues?
A better question is why do they all seem to work for Media Factory...?

I guess writing Harem comedies does affect your health...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 22:48   Link #677
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Rika kinda ruined giant mecha series for me, and now she will make me thing everyone whom like spicy food are masochist XD

Quote:
It kinda feels like we're a group of friends who stopped by a fast food joint or something on the way home from school.
So he realized it

And Rika's trying to beat Krausser from DMC with all those f*cks? XD
Old 2012-02-22, 08:46   Link #678
Miraluka
Banned

Wasn't it "rape"? Guys, you shoud try the PSP game thread.
Old 2012-02-25, 19:17   Link #679
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

You know, looking at the chapter where Yusa Aoi is introduced, I like how Kodaka kept on denying the accusations that he's Sena's boyfriend until he's called handsome. Afterwards, he's all too pleased to receive any comments.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:16   Link #680
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
You know, looking at the chapter where Yusa Aoi is introduced, I like how Kodaka kept on denying the accusations that he's Sena's boyfriend until he's called handsome. Afterwards, he's all too pleased to receive any comments.
If you've lived your entire life as a "dangerous delinquent outsider" i can undertsand his reaction lol.

The most annoying thing with LN writers is when they do get sick they never tell us what its with or how long their going to be out for. But if its enough for him to mention and be emitted upon emergency its most likely life threating just like the author of ZnT

Its terrible that hes sick dude but i hope this doesnt get a rushed finish like ZnT this is such a good LN
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen