AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 16:02   Link #441
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Spoiler for thoughts about events in ep3:
That.. would make sense. Wasn't the MC suffering from some kind of illness for a long(?) period of time? I dunno.

Watching episode 3 was painful and scary for me. And it wasn't just because of the show itself. I was lying down on my couch, fully relaxed, listening to Mei explain the legend or whatever the hell it is. As the music got a little creepier, I became a little anxious. And then, completely out of nowhere, I got a text. My phone is set to vibrate, and the vibration off it always makes me jump up. Which is exactly what happened this time. The only difference this time was that after bolting onto my feet, I remembered that my right leg still hadn't recovered from Saturday. Oh, the pain.

Spoiler for Episode 3 thoughts and speculation:

Gah, I want to continue watching this anime but I don't have the patience to wait another week. I'd like to read the manga but then again, I'd spoil the anime for myself if I were to do so. Decisions, decisions..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:08   Link #442
LKK

What I found most curious about episode 3 was
Spoiler for ep 3:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:26   Link #443
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
Spoiler for I agree:
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:30   Link #444
warita
Dai-Youkai

After watching episode 3.... I think the "problem" arises only around the time Misaki died and thats why they told Kouichi he will find out all about it in one month. I think the only people who can see Misaki are the ones who had a brush up with death such as Kouichi (he almost died because of his collapsed lung) or people who are about to die (the class rep. for example). So to see Misaki is a bad omen, thats why she was so shocked, when she run out of the classroom and saw Kouichi standing in the hallway with Misaki. She probably realised that either she is going to die herself or somebody close to her, because the theory that she was called out of the class suddenly because of some emergency at home sounds pretty plausible to me.

The scene where the class rep. dies was impressively done and looked pretty gruesome, yet not gory enough to make my stomache turn.

So it all starts now.........
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:48   Link #445
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Mei's Eye:
I thought it was simple heterochromia, but the truth was indeed much more interesting. There is more than meets the eye here (hurr). I'm reluctant to believe that eye really has any kind of supernatural power, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I don't even know why anyone would wait for it. She was without the eye patch on novel cover and Young Ace cover too.

Anyway - Le Coup Du Parapluie!
The novel cover only shows the right side of her face, and I've never seen that Young ace cover. I'm trying hard not to get spoiled anything about the story, as the main appeal of this series is the mystery. I love speculating about that kind of show too.

I found the umbrella incident kind of funny. I didn't expect that girl to be first one to die. Congrats to the nurse for not transferring first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Finally, the other shoe has dropped.

Spoiler for Ep 3:
I'm sure everybody can see her and were instructed to pretend she doesn't exist. The blue haired guy clearly saw her on the roof in this episode, and that is why he went to the sports dude. Twintails also saw her last week and was quite annoyed Kouichi went after her. I'm sure there were other instances I'm forgetting about. So far, however, I believe only students from Class 9-3 were shown to notice her presence, so it's possible they are the only ones able to see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Spoiler for Maybe:
I'm not sure Tokyo is that important, but I agree Misaki most likely died on a field trip. Kouichi's talk with Umbrella-chan about field trips seemed like an important clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
My theory is that until the anniversary of Misaki's death has passed, students from Class 9-3 must never talk about nor acknowledge Misaki's existence or else... people die. At least that's what they believe.

Given what happened at the end of the episode, it's getting hard to deny the involvement of something supernatural (hard, but not impossible; it could be a simple freak accident), however I at least remain utterly convinced that Mei is not a ghost. Maybe I'll become the Battler of this thread, that could be pretty fun. Following that line of thought, I'm curious to find out why the teacher called Umbrella-chan out. That was pretty fishy.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:15   Link #446
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Mei's eyepatch covers the eye from her doll look-alike that she has. Wonder why its the dolls eye. Finally we get to hear some part of the story surrounding Misaki from Mei herself since no one will Kouchi. Didn't get what she was talking about with the hollow of the dolls. So Kouchi's mom was in class 3 26 years ago. I loled when there was a test sheet on Misaki's desk.

So that girl bites the dust in a brutal way. So i believe that the reason she turned around and ran the other way from Kouchi was that she saw Mei and freaked out. Now the reason i believe that she was able to see Mei was the reason that a teacher ran into the room and then she took her stuff and wa running out of school. That would be that someone in her family must have died. I think only people that have some connection with death are able to see Mei. Since 26 years ago the whole class were close with her and knew she died. So the reason why Kouchi was able to see Mei from the beginning was because his mother had passed away. Also i think that's why there are old blood stains around the school because kids saw Mei and died.

Interesting that Kouchi's friend was going to tell him next month. Wonder what the significance is of the current month. He also said to not get involved with things that don't exit. Interesting that Mei herself told Kouchi that she didn't exist. Though how could that girl who dies that day in the hospital be her cousin if she died 26 years ago?
Old 2012-01-23, 17:23   Link #447
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Also i think that's why there are old blood stains around the school because kids saw Mei and died.
Hui, i must have missed that totally. Where were the blood stains?

Quote:
Now the reason i believe that she was able to see Mei was the reason that a teacher ran into the room and then she took her stuff and wa running out of school. That would be that someone in her family must have died. I think only people that have some connection with death are able to see Mei. Since 26 years ago the whole class were close with her and knew she died. So the reason why Kouchi was able to see Mei from the beginning was because his mother had passed away.
Yupp, I agree with that. Its the brush up with death..... although I think that In Kouichis case its not because his mother died, but because of his collapsed lungs?
Old 2012-01-23, 17:30   Link #448
LKK

Quote:
I loled when there was a test sheet on Misaki's desk.
I missed that detail. That implies the teacher is honoring the tradition of acting as if Misaki hasn't died just as the original class did 26 years ago.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-01-23, 18:01   Link #449
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Though how could that girl who dies that day in the hospital be her cousin if she died 26 years ago?
Though I have seen a few cases of wide age gaps between cousins (I've got cousins 20 years older than me) I'm with Kanon on this one , Mei isn't a ghost and others just pretend to not see her and what you just mentioned could be one of the little details that point to it.

I know there's a bunch of evidence that points to her being a ghost and all the theories I've seen posted here are interesting but it all just feels too darn obvious.

Even her "I don't exist" line feels like some kind of jedi truth that means " people ignore me so from a certain point of view I don't exist"
Old 2012-01-23, 18:09   Link #450
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, ep 3 was better for me than ep 2.

This ep was much more successful in "sucking me in", so to speak, even though it still feels to me like it is "trying too hard".

To be honest the story is still not particularly engaging for me - prolly b/c I do not enjoy following horror/suspense/mystery series, as opposed to any particular "fault" of its own.

7.5/10 vote from me for ep 3, but to be honest I will prolly be dropping the series for now - maybe I will pick it up later.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:13   Link #451
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Oh, damn! I decided to watch this episode in the dark to try and make it a scarier experiance. Unfortunately this episode didn't seem as creepy as the other two. But what I did get was my hand over my mouth as I squirmed repeatedly when I saw that umbrella impale that girls throat (I'm assuming it's the throat?). It didn't help that they added the choking sound effects once it happened, I was cringing like there was no tommorow.

I was going to say this episode was rather uneventful...until the last few minutes. Now all I can say is that this anime keeps growing in mysteries and that i'm preparing myself for even worser deaths in future episodes. Ouch! In the meantime, i'm going to just stay quiet about what I think until later on when more information is revealed in later episodes.

We at least learned more about Mei and the incident that happened in class three 26 years ago. I really want to hear what happens after they graduated, I personally think it has something to do with the graduates dieing or something.

I'm assuming the empty space in the top right of that black and white picture is where the graduade students say Misaki's pale but smiling face is seen?
Old 2012-01-23, 18:29   Link #452
Utsuro no Hako

Finally, the story goes into full-on horror territory, no more doubt that this is just a dark mystery.

Earlier I compared the story to the Omen, but I couldn't really explain why without spoilers. But now:

Spoiler for The Omen. Mildly NSFW, but tamer than episode 3:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 18:48   Link #453
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Whoa, so much stuff. For some reason, the CR sub was delayed today, and it didn't even have the "Episode X in Y hours" thing showing, hence my fear. Maybe it had to do with why they had to add the "18 or older" thing at the beginning, which made no sense unless nipples on the dolls in the opening shot is somehow supposed to be adult content. Broadcasters are weird.

Spoiler for Mei...Ghost?:

Spoiler for Kouichi's mother:

Spoiler for Eye:

Spoiler for Umbrella:

Spoiler for Timing:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:00   Link #454
Xaturas

Story gets thicker.
That sight of her on umbrella and blood flowing was kinda nice.
Yet now that I think about it, she did indeed bang her head, but shouldn't she um USE HER HANDS so that she would impale them rather than her neck? But its a curse so people need to die stupid way, Darwin Prize for next school kids here it comes.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:02   Link #455
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
^I'm assuming the 18+ warning is for the scene at the end of the episode, it is pretty graphic. I think I saw similar scenes that doesn't get that rating, but CR probably just want to play it safe.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:15   Link #456
Jerseykid

Spoiler for Umbrella:
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:35   Link #457
Demoned Away

Spoiler for Small Theory:
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:39   Link #458
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Spoiler for Small Theory:
I hope not. That would take some of the surprise out of things if it starts to come true.

Old 2012-01-23, 19:54   Link #459
Xaturas

If people would die in the order of ending it wouldn't be that bad either.
You would anticipate how and when each and every one of them would be taken down.
Until the last ep where misaki story would be resolved, just like how the ending goes.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:13   Link #460
warita
Dai-Youkai

I am not sure it really matters, but I thought she fell with her eye on the umbrella.... and if I am right, then there would be a connection to Mei. I could be wrong, but remember the broken glasses lying next to her? One of the lenses had a hole on it. I think it was the eye and that would explain the twitching too as she was dying.

Tags
horror, seinen