Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 22:21   Link #321
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Why can't she just get a kitchen knife?
Because a kitchen knife is readily available, preventing the second round, and the awl is probably more painful. Plus Nisio is just weird, lol.
Old 2012-03-01, 03:36   Link #322
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler for Was advised to spoiler tag for blunt language:
Well without a direct question, to answer "it's OK", Karen could be refering to something else, say "it's OK to continue brushing my teeth", "it's OK to sit on me", "it's OK to touch me"... that said, I also first thought of your interpretation
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 15:05   Link #323
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Because a kitchen knife is readily available, preventing the second round, and the awl is probably more painful. Plus Nisio is just weird, lol.
i think she just watch fatal attraction too many times.
Old 2012-03-03, 09:45   Link #324
redgrnbluylw

To anybody who has read the novels: What was Shinobu's reaction to the toothbrush scene? Since she feels what Koyomi feels, and I'm guessing that means sexual feelings too. :P
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 18:37   Link #325
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
An awl.

awl

noun
a pointed instrument for piercing small holes in leather, wood, etc.

ah, thank you, never heard of that before
Old 2012-03-04, 09:26   Link #326
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I'll quote someone and ask few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Spoiler for snip:
They did? Was it mentioned in the novel? As nise goes, I'm getting more and more disappointed and feel sorry for Hitagi at the same time. Oh well
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 13:18   Link #327
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I'll quote someone and ask few things.

They did? Was it mentioned in the novel? As nise goes, I'm getting more and more disappointed and feel sorry for Hitagi at the same time. Oh well
Maybe they didn't, haven't read the source material but heard it wasn't explained in novel as well so it is subject to interpretation. You can feel free to believe that they haven't done that yet. For me I'm going to assume they did until proven otherwise. I also heard someone said future material not yet animated prove they haven't done it yet, but don't want to spoil myself. Anyway, I sincerely appologized for misleading you.

What I really meant to ask is why is Araragi seems more and more pervert these recent episodes? Is he always been like this in the novel or just in Nise. Hope its the latter.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 01:41   Link #328
Makall

I can't remember too well from the first series, but have any of the girls actually interacted with each other before?

Thinking about it now, in this series it's just Araragi going around having one-on-one talks with each of the girls.
Makall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 02:06   Link #329
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
I can't remember too well from the first series, but have any of the girls actually interacted with each other before?

Thinking about it now, in this series it's just Araragi going around having one-on-one talks with each of the girls.
They did but mostly off screen.

Since we seen the anime from Araragi's POV, and he rarely look at other people interaction
Old 2012-03-06, 03:31   Link #330
Morisato

Gahara hates Mayoi? Did I miss something cause I thought only Koyomi could see her.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 19:09   Link #331
kantou

Gahara hates children
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 22:33   Link #332
Demoned Away

Question to the novel readers: will the Kizumonogatari movie be worth watching for someone that doesn't give a crap about fanservice? I know that I'm going to get hated for this but the monogatari universe has so much potential for awesomeness, but a lot of screen time is wasted on tits and ass.
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 22:42   Link #333
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Question to the novel readers: will the Kizumonogatari movie be worth watching for someone that doesn't give a crap about fanservice? I know that I'm going to get hated for this but the monogatari universe has so much potential for awesomeness, but a lot of screen time is wasted on tits and ass.
If you don't mind ecchi*... yes, it does worth learning what's the deal with Tsubasa and Shinobu, as well as get a better understanding of Koyomi and Mememe.

But, if you hate ecchi* or guro, it will just drive you into a frenzy, like Nise- did for some blocks.

* what you probably mean by fanservice
Old 2012-03-12, 22:42   Link #334
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
There will be tits and there will be ass.

And by that, I mean ass-kicking.
Old 2012-03-12, 22:49   Link #335
Demoned Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
If you don't mind ecchi*... yes, it does worth learning what's the deal with Tsubasa and Shinobu, as well as get a better understanding of Koyomi and Mememe.

But, if you hate ecchi* or guro, it will just drive you into a frenzy, like Nise- did for some blocks.

* what you probably mean by fanservice
I don't really hate it, but as a gay male it does nothing for me at all. It might as well be filler. Considering Nise is ending next episode that means that Tsukihi's arc will be ~2.75 episodes of filler and ~1.25 of actual plot. Ridiculous.
Demoned Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 22:55   Link #336
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I don't really hate it, but as a gay male it does nothing for me at all. It might as well be filler. Considering Nise is ending next episode that means that Tsukihi's arc will be ~2.75 episodes of filler and ~1.25 of actual plot. Ridiculous.
Well if you're gay then Araragi can provide some fanservice.

In the form of his new and improved body.

Well, chronologically old...
Old 2012-03-12, 22:58   Link #337
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Nah... the arcs in Monogatari Series are not bound to tell exclusively the story of the title character. Kizu- is handling Tsubasa and to a lesser extent Shinobu, but definitely not Koyomi, the title character. Also another example is Tsubasa Cat (Bake-/shita), it was practically split between Tsubasa and Hitagi (which unfortunately attracted the wrong audience).

Also ecchi and RL-preference are irrelevant IMHO, anyone can appreciate a good drawing, whether he/she can project it into a RL-equivelent
Old 2012-03-13, 01:01   Link #338
Shadow5YA

When did Shinobu take a liking to donuts again? I know it was sometime in Bake, but I don't remember her being this conspicuous about it at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:44   Link #339
Shikijin

Quote:
Considering that this series has a ratio of 1:4 male/female ratio and that it revolves mostly around hetero relationships (with the only exception of some lesbianism), I don't even know how you managed to stick around this far.

Anyway, Kizu has the most action of the series, so probably you will like it.

The problem with Nise is that fanservice was meant to be the source of gags, and yet they cut down most of the gags, so it became pointless.

And I wouldn't count the start of the plot from the moment they introduce the antagonist or the conflict. In Japanese dramatic theory the story is meant to start slow and then accelerate near the end. The book was meta about foreshadowing, but the anime ruined it all.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 04:02   Link #340
BlueWitch
In two worlds

This probably isn't related, but I wasn't sure where else to ask, is it just me, or is Kanbaru the only one without a character thread?

Tags
q&a