AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 21:19   Link #681
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I love Cersei. Lena Headey has portrayed her perfectly beyond my wildest dreams. I recall her saying in an interview that fans hate Cersei so much that they translate that hate to her as a person when she goes to the various Cons, etc. That's a sign you're doing a good job.

Most of the "worst" characters in this show seem to have the best acting performances. Joeffery, Cersei, Jaimie, Tywin etc. It's the more "pure" characters like John Snow who I feel are poorly acted. Kit Harrington, to me, is another Orlando Bloom/Legolas in the making, and I just cringe every time he's on screen (though I'm very aware that he-like Bloom-has a legion of female fans). I actually really enjoy him in the books. Though Harrington had a few nice moments in this last episode, so there's hope for him yet.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 23:53   Link #682
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I love seeing Tywin knock Cersei down a few pegs. She's such a hate-able character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I loved that. That was awesome. I literally laughed out loud. She was reveling in Tyrion's situation and then get's slapped in the face.
I've really been looking forward to a confrontation between Tywin and Joffery. He showed in episode 4 that he was quite confident he wouldn't let Joffery walk all over him as he has others. I really enjoyed the way Tryion has handled him, especially the time Joffery was about to have the knights guard cut Sansa in front of everyone. But Tywin just has his own special way of putting people in their place, and leaves them speachless.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 00:02   Link #683
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I love Cersei. Lena Headey has portrayed her perfectly beyond my wildest dreams. I recall her saying in an interview that fans hate Cersei so much that they translate that hate to her as a person when she goes to the various Cons, etc. That's a sign you're doing a good job.

Most of the "worst" characters in this show seem to have the best acting performances. Joeffery, Cersei, Jaimie, Tywin etc. It's the more "pure" characters like John Snow who I feel are poorly acted. Kit Harrington, to me, is another Orlando Bloom/Legolas in the making, and I just cringe every time he's on screen (though I'm very aware that he-like Bloom-has a legion of female fans). I actually really enjoy him in the books. Though Harrington had a few nice moments in this last episode, so there's hope for him yet.
Oh, I could never hate Lena Headey if I saw her at a Con Might not be able to get her name pronunciation right, but couldn't hate her, no matter how despicable her character is.

And I also can't wait to see Tywin take a crack at Joffrey. That exchange between him and Cersei was badass.

"Maybe you should try stopping him from doing what he likes."

"I will."

With authority, man
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:05   Link #684
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Arranged marriages are commonplace in this sort of setting. Both in the real world and the fantasy world.
Yes, but what Tywin did was way overboard. He's having his daughter marry a man whose sister is marrying his grandson.

That's gonna cause a Hasburg type problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And I also can't wait to see Tywin take a crack at Joffrey. That exchange between him and Cersei was badass.

"Maybe you should try stopping him from doing what he likes."

"I will."

With authority, man
So how will grandfather treat his unruly grandson?
Scream at him? Slap him? Or punch him?
Old 2013-05-01, 21:21   Link #685
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The circumstances behind this are far less common though, at least with Tyrion, what with Sansa being a hostage from a family they're at war with. Though it was still technically something on the table with Joffrey, so it's not that big of a changer.
This, also though if cersei hadn't opened her big fat mouth about the Whats her face Tyrell, Tywin wouldn't have found out about it and forced her into an unwanted marriage. So its more egg on her face then anything.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:28   Link #686
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That's a bonus in terms of inheritance. It means that wealth/power gets more concentrated.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 11:30   Link #687
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

8 Game of Thrones characters who are better on TV than in the books
Old 2013-05-04, 15:46   Link #688
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

You're completely right - Joffrey and Cersei have been portrayed marvelously. I love to hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I've really been looking forward to a confrontation between Tywin and Joffery. He showed in episode 4 that he was quite confident he wouldn't let Joffery walk all over him as he has others. I really enjoyed the way Tryion has handled him, especially the time Joffery was about to have the knights guard cut Sansa in front of everyone. But Tywin just has his own special way of putting people in their place, and leaves them speachless.
Yup, I've been looking forward to it too. Hopefully we get to see this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yes, but what Tywin did was way overboard. He's having his daughter marry a man whose sister is marrying his grandson.

That Hapsburg problem was due to inbreeding - this scenario doesn't involve any. The ironic part about your comment is Joffrey himself is the result of inbreeding (and genetically, potentially the 'worst' kind between siblings), whereas this isn't...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 15:50   Link #689
Xagzan

Still, what would that make Cersei if she married Margaery's brother? Joffrey's mother, aunt, and sister in law?
Old 2013-05-04, 15:58   Link #690
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Still, what would that make Cersei if she married Margaery's brother? Joffrey's mother, aunt, and sister in law?
And that's the problem i have with Tywin's plan.
Clearly he doesn't realize he just mess up the family tree by a doing an "I'm my own Grandpa" problem.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:26   Link #691
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I dunno, when your parents are also your aunt and uncle, I wouldn't be worried about any further family title additions.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 12:47   Link #692
Midnight Commander

This week's episode wasn't that exciting, but still I still enjoyed it. The best part to me was the brief conversation between Tywin and Olena; I thought it was very entertaining. That Petyr Baelish is really beginning to show his horns... Was that his ship(with the mocking bird on the sail) leaving without him?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 13:15   Link #693
GDB

I don't think it left without him, but rather he left on it. Assuming it was his, of course (and given how Sansa is crying at its departure, I'm sure it is).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 13:44   Link #694
killer3000ad

From what I gather, Sansa is crying cause she missed her chance to get out of that place, and now she's being forced to marry a dwarf when just earlier she thought she was going to marry a dashing (albeit gay) swordman.
Also episode 7 preview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-06, 14:32   Link #695
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
From what I gather, Sansa is crying cause she missed her chance to get out of that place, and now she's being forced to marry a dwarf when just earlier she thought she was going to marry a dashing (albeit gay) swordman.
I think the prospect of having to hang around the capitol is probably the biggest issue. Loras is a nice bonus, but after the disappointment with Joffrey, I don't think romance is her biggest concern.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 16:08   Link #696
Xagzan

Poor Ros
Old 2013-05-06, 20:54   Link #697
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I think those who were wondering about the Cersei x Loras pairing likely got their answers as to why the writers did it that way in this last episode.

Spoiler for Speculation, but also one major spoiler for non-book readers.:

Anyways, my favorite moment in the episode was Tyrion and Cersei (what else is new), almost...bonding as actual siblings over their "cruel" fate their father thrust upon them. Though, as a whole, this was more akin to episodes 1-3, than episodes 4 and 5, ie: almost on the boring side. Oh, and of course, Theon's predicament is about as deliciously sadistic as I could imagine it.

Spoiler for Spoilers? I guess?:

Edit: The scene I'm discussing in the last spoiler tag did not occur in the books, and I personally do not think it's a spoiler in any way, but I agree that it's less about the poster's intentions and more about the reader's impressions.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-05-07 at 11:43.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 04:01   Link #698
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really think you should spoiler tag your last paragraph.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:41   Link #699
GDB

I don't see how it's a spoiler. Anyone with half a brain can tell that was foreshadowing out the wazoo. The difference is just that we non-book readers don't know what it's foreshadowing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 09:17   Link #700
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I really can't respond to that without making the problem worse, so...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo