Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-16, 19:56   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Half of me says yay since even though I havent read the manga yet I love the character design and its been on my to read list for a while. Other half is worried since as stated only 6 vols are out. Course Kuroshitsuji is only at 5 vols and the anime has been great.
Six volumes are out, but who knows when this anime would be release? It could easily be eight or even nine books by then...

Quote:
Well goodness knows I approve of Junko Minagawa and Katsuyuki Konishi Yukari Tamura Im having trouble coping with as Elizabeth in KSS but I loved her as Rika in Higurashi. Im hoping they stick with the cd cast as well.
Don't worry, Yukari Tamura is using her evil, sassy, teasing, and clueless voice for her character... Basically a different person from Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
A little fanservice can't hurt right?
Mah~ The author of the series did like to dress up his characters off screen... Some for better or worse

If there's fanservice, it's gotten be tons of Meido and Goth outfits.

On the issue of fillers, I'm not that bother- In fact I thought the series could use a few, seeing how fast they are at progessing the plot... Just... Just nothing too retarded please...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 19:59   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mah~ The author of the series did like to dress up his characters off screen... Some for better or worse
If we do see more of that in the anime adaptation, then it's the kind of fanservice that you and me both would like to see. :3

& i'll also happy with some filler material. As long as it lets me enjoy the characters as much as i already do.

Also Chaos, you need that Alice avatar back in action!
Old 2008-11-16, 20:14   Link #23
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Half of me says yay since even though I havent read the manga yet I love the character design and its been on my to read list for a while. Other half is worried since as stated only 6 vols are out. Course Kuroshitsuji is only at 5 vols and the anime has been great.

Though isn't Kuroshitsuji suppose to be 13 eps if so then 5 volumes is more then enough for that number of episodes unlike Pandora Hearts if it's going to be 24/26 eps. Plus Kuroshitsuji is done by A-1 pictures a much better studio then Xebec could ever hope to be.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 20:20   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Also Chaos, you need that Alice avatar back in action!
WHich one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Though isn't Kuroshitsuji suppose to be 13 eps if so then 5 volumes is more then enough for that number of episodes unlike Pandora Hearts if it's going to be 24/26 eps. Plus Kuroshitsuji is done by A-1 pictures a much better studio then Xebec could ever hope to be.
Well, if they screw up, we know what will happen to them...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-16, 20:21   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
WHich one ?
Apple one~
Old 2008-11-16, 20:24   Link #26
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Six volumes are out, but who knows when this anime would be release? It could easily be eight or even nine books by then...
Considering that Pandora Hearts is on a magazine that is monthly I doubt that I'll reach vol 9 by next year. Hopefully the anime will air in fall, at best they'll be able to use manga material up to vol 7 and some parts of vol 8 when those volumes are release next year.

Quote:
A little fanservice can't hurt right?
Like panties and cleavage shots? Ugh no thanks not for this series.
Old 2008-11-16, 20:32   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Who is even saying that will appear in this adaptation? The Xebec haters? Sorry but i won't go by that alone, and i'll say this now that i have faith in this anime adaptation not to add fanservice like you have just mentioned.

Also, if this show will end up being 12/13 episodes, then the manga has enough material.
Old 2008-11-16, 20:35   Link #28
FireChick

Quote:
That's what I'm saying! Those? ABSOLUTELY NOT in my book!! That was what I was asking. I don't like undies or bra shots or naked people in general!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 20:40   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Who is even saying that will appear in this adaptation? The Xebec haters? Sorry but i won't go by that alone, and i'll say this now that i have faith in this anime adaptation not to add fanservice like you have just mentioned.

Also, if this show will end up being 12/13 episodes, then the manga has enough material.
Will duh of course 12/13 eps will be enough my worries are if it's 24/26 eps. This series will have the same director of To-LoveRu which wasn't a good adaption of the manga, he's previous work Buso Renkin was alright but didn't care much for it. Anyways gonna keep my expectations low just incase, Xebec hasn't done many anime that has left me impress. Especially when it comes to adapting manga, *looks at Love Hina and Negima anime done by Xebec* sigh.
Old 2008-11-16, 20:40   Link #30
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Considering that Pandora Hearts is on a magazine that is monthly I doubt that I'll reach vol 9 by next year. Hopefully the anime will air in fall, at best they'll be able to use manga material up to vol 7 and some parts of vol 8 when those volumes are release next year.

First of all, I like to say this one thing about Pandora Hearts getting animation.

WOO HOO

Okay, back to reality. First of all, I hope that they can stay true to Manga with like designs and their personally (Oz is one of the most well-rounded Manga male character), not on crazy fanservice like boobies or panties shots. I am like everybody else in here that like fanservice with Meido and Goth outfits and anything else will suck ass. I can finally see my darling Alice animated
Old 2008-11-16, 21:06   Link #31
Falkor

Pandora Hearts was on my must-watch-as-anime-before-I-die wishlist, so the announcement is good news, at least for now…

I really, really, really hope that they choose to use the seiyuus from the Drama CD. With Yukari Tamura doing a tsundere voice and Horie Yui doing ojou-san—among others—, nothing can wrong, at least from that perspective.

(please, for god’s sake, in the worst case scenario they decide to change the seiyuus, please, DO NOT cast Rie Kugimiya as Alice).

I really, really, really hope that they don’t screw around with the character designs. One reason I love the manga is because of the characters, and how they look—plus the wonderful color illustrations—not to mention the settings and the “Lolita/gothic/meido feel” so, if they take all this away, they are basically destroying Pandora's Hearts' greatest charm... me hopes for the person in charge to be up to the task of faithfully conveying this from the manga...

Quote:
thanks for posting... one of my favorite illustrations... the scene is just so charming...

should I edit the the first post and insert it?

People mentioning fan-service… geez… the manga doesn’t have fan-service… at least not the kind that seems to tarnish every other show out there…e.g. panty shots, “boobs jokes”…

But in the worst case scenario the studio decides to insert random/distasteful fan-service (i.e. panty shots, boob jokes), the latter seems almost impossible because the females don’t go past the A cup (unless they receive a body upgrade in the anime), while the former is "unlikely" with the long dresses. I even find it more plausible to have gender-bending "fan-service" than anything like the other two...

Last edited by Falkor; 2008-11-17 at 08:15.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 22:00   Link #32
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This is really good news! The studio being XEBEC, not so much, although I guess I shouldn't prejudge.

I have to agree with Falkor. Please keep the Drama CD VA's, or please do not cast Rie Kugimiya.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 01:49   Link #33
the_firefly

I would be more excited if it wasn't XEBEC. They tend to do rather well with original material but fall flat with adaptions.

Here's hoping they prove me wrong.
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 06:06   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
People mentioning fan-service… geez… the manga doesn’t have fan-service… at least not the kind that seems to tarnish every other show out there…e.g. panty shots, “boobs jokes”…
That's what i was getting at --- the Xebec haters are just jumping at it to quickly. The shows they've done in the past that had fanservice already had a good amount on the original source material, where as with Pandora Hearts, there is none.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:03   Link #35
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I have never read the manga before, but the art looks pretty at least, and I like gothic settings and clothes. To my memories, Xebec doesn't have the best animation. Definately going to give this anime a few episodes.

The only company that has trust from fans is KyoAni or maybe Shaft. J.C Staff haters...Gonzo haters...^_^''
Old 2008-11-19, 08:53   Link #36
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

YAY for Pandora Hearts anime! Now I wonder when exactly it's going to air. I'm so excited *_*

About the company, I don't have much complains on XEBEC. I just wish they won't put too much fanservice and be true to the manga's theme.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 09:18   Link #37
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Since it's animated, alot of things are gonna be change or removed.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:39   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The trick is to know what to change and what to keep.
Old 2008-11-19, 11:26   Link #39
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:

Don't worry, Yukari Tamura is using her evil, sassy, teasing, and clueless voice for her character... Basically a different person from Elizabeth

If there's fanservice, it's gotten be tons of Meido and Goth outfits.

On the issue of fillers, I'm not that bother- In fact I thought the series could use a few, seeing how fast they are at progessing the plot... Just... Just nothing too retarded please...
I read the news about this manga getting an adaptation to anime at Anime Nation, and after I've read the synopsis I definitely found out that this title is of my preferences.
Hence, I started doing some research at Wiki (yea, I know. Bad place to look first), and I'm more than eager to start reading the manga first before the anime comes in.

I love Goth or anything related to goth, and I know that I will enjoy this show like I did with others like, for example, Rozen Maiden (full franchise) and Kuroshitsuji (right now).

BTW, thanks Chaos2Frozen for the beautiful pic.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:56   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
and I'm more than eager to start reading the manga first before the anime comes in.
Translation is rather slow, so i'd say there's no rush. Take your time.

Tags
fantasy, shounen