AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-16, 14:34   Link #1
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Kenkyo, kenjitsu o motto ni ikite orimasu!

Anyone else read this?

Basic summary is reincarnation story where the mc ends up being shoujo villain character from a manga that she read back in her previous world. Now she's trying hard not to end up in bad end like what happened in the manga

The story is pretty darn cute because the narration is written from female MC perspective. Also even if she's technically an ojou-sama, being a 'commoner' back in her previous world makes some discrepancy in her monologue and her outer appearance. It's not like she tried to live as a commoner though; she actually did properly act as ojou-sama. However there are some hilarious things because of that

The story isn't typical shoujo where it's full of drama or romantic life, but more like a diary of a girl. It tells how she's enjoying the life she has now, whatever cute moments she had and what kind of hardships that she encountered. Those hardships aren't much though considering who she is, but you can see how she's stressed by it.

a-anyway this work is really cute so give it a try!
translation link: https://oniichanyamete.wordpress.com...nkyo-kenjitsu/
web novel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4029bs/

shame that there's no new update though the author updated often back in 2013 but now it scarce. Also I don't think it's been published anywhere so there's only web novel version for now (i.e no illustration ) The translation itself is still only 10 chapters though but I think it's enough to see what's this all about.

Also has anyone make the thread for this before?

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2016-03-07 at 10:15.
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 19:37   Link #2
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

never read it, the thread nor the novel . . .

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 20:53   Link #3
Xacual

I read the translations about a week ago, series seems really cute so far. Certain things make me a little worried like the fact that Reika had a big brother apparently never came up in the "manga story". Our Reika is such a brocon too, worried something will happen to him.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 22:22   Link #4
GodTurtleOm

There are a couple more chapters translated on oniichanyamete's wordpress, as Plebian Tensei, under Miscellaneous. They are Reika's middle school graduation ceremony (chapter 73) and high school entrance (74). Her brother shows up, along with some of the friends she's made in the intervening 60 chapters who I don't know much about. It's a pretty cute series, and very light-hearted. Reika is a fun mix of oujo-sama and energetic idiot (Tomo from Azumanga, or Kana from Minami-ke), without the actual "idiot" part. That translator said that Reika tries so hard to be pleasant and accommodating that she actually scares people away.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 00:52   Link #5
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
without the actual "idiot" part.
No no, I can assure you that she's a genuine idiot when it comes to food, her own romance and diet

Quote:
Our Reika is such a brocon too, worried something will happen to him
Yeah I was thinking that he might die or got into an accident or something too but he's okay for now.
Spoiler:

Old 2015-01-17, 04:40   Link #6
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

cute?.. owkay I'll give a try

is there more chap on this...

Last edited by Prongs; 2015-01-17 at 06:44.
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 05:01   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

New chapter is up https://kobatochandaisuki.wordpress....ouin-takateru/

Onii-sama chapter is always great. IIRC there will be another chapter from onii-sama POV later on too

Old 2015-01-18, 11:07   Link #8
RBomber

You know, it would be funny (in rather morbid sense) if her father, instead of getting bankrupt because of scandals, got kicked from board of director because he was too nice/ honourable.

Of course, par of shoujo rules, she got her laser-guided-Christmas-presents when her father, instead of curling up and dying, actually rises to challenge and opening his own company, with Reika as his PR, and with Reika's friends helps and a cadre of loyal workers,in the end, actually outperforming the old company. And end up bought the old company as afterthought.
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 19:15   Link #9
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggREiS1JMxc
Old 2015-01-18, 20:25   Link #10
DeathMetalBunny

This is really a redicliousley adorable series.
DeathMetalBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 21:20   Link #11
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briollaire View Post
Reminds me of a chapter from Skip Beat!

Where Ren plays the piano while filming a scene for a drama, after all the expectations everyone has for his skill as a pianist, he starts playing neko funjyata. I always laugh at that series.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 04:28   Link #12
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Reika's main love interest is chocolate.
Old 2015-01-19, 07:05   Link #13
RBomber

I've reread chapter 9, and come to a rather horrible conclusion, which is, if my half-assed assessment is true, actually rather prevalent in shoujo manga.

Spoiler for "manga" plot:
Old 2015-01-19, 07:40   Link #14
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBomber View Post
I've reread chapter 9, and come to a rather horrible conclusion, which is, if my half-assed assessment is true, actually rather prevalent in shoujo manga.

Spoiler for "manga" plot:
That kind of development pretty much never happens in shoujo manga.

More like schoolyard bullying, like what you see in that manga where the heroine kicks the bully in the face and tells him just what she thinks of him, and he somehow comes to the conclusion that she likes him and practically stalks her.
I forgot the name of the series, it's a pretty old one.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 08:23   Link #15
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
That kind of development pretty much never happens in shoujo manga.

More like schoolyard bullying, like what you see in that manga where the heroine kicks the bully in the face and tells him just what she thinks of him, and he somehow comes to the conclusion that she likes him and practically stalks her.
I forgot the name of the series, it's a pretty old one.
Actually no, it sort of happens very often. For some reason shoujo manga authors are the most callous and least tactful in their use of rape as a plot device. Sometimes it's just outright brain dead. As for rapist protagonists... well, admittedly it's confined to smut manga, but they're still usually shoujo manga, and definitely not shounen, seinen or josei manga.

But anyway, no, Kaburagi is not a rapist. At all. lol. Having read to the latest chapter, it's actually pretty funny seeing all this hyper-cannon-off-the-mark predictions, lol. I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but
Spoiler:
Quote:
my perverted, horrible mind
dude, srsly... Reika's main love interest is chocolate. in a manga like that, where are you gunna find such a crazy development? and geez, [omitted protagonist name]-chan is an angel. a slightly silly, and shameless one, but an angel. like that'd ever happen to her. i probably cant forgive u if u continue to sully [omitted protagonist name]-chan in that cesspool u call ur mind.

Last edited by Briollaire; 2015-01-19 at 09:33. Reason: got smut and shoujo mixed around
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 08:32   Link #16
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Loving this series. When I started reading this, it was so enjoyable that I can't help but go ahead & start reading the WN raws.

Not only do we have the rare female protagonist, it's also an interesting take on the whole reincarnation themed tale. Over all fun & lighthearted, one of my favorite chapters are from her beloved Oniisama's POV since we get to see her in a very odd & amusing light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briollaire View Post
Reika's main love interest is chocolate.
Seems shes specially fond of "cheap" chocolate at that. (Actually just reached her first sparkly shoujo boy-meets-girl-kyun encounter chapter)

Hmm...just how is the title supposed to be read in English I wonder?
Old 2015-01-19, 08:48   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Kaburagi is a genuine good guy so no way he could've done something like that

He's just a bit...uh, unique

Also I keep hearing Nep voice when I read protagonist-chan lines orz. S-somehow it just fits.

Old 2015-01-19, 08:49   Link #18
RBomber

@Briollaire

So, uhh....

It's actually finished?

And I'm sorry if my... posts is offending you.

Really, really sorry.
Old 2015-01-19, 09:04   Link #19
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Also I keep hearing Nep voice when I read protagonist-chan lines
Jesus, you too, huh?
Quote:
@Briollaire
So, uhh....
It's actually finished?
And I'm sorry if my... posts is offending you.
Really, really sorry.
Goodness, no. I was completely kidding. Sorry if I upset you. And um, it's not finished. It's on... hiatus... sort of. The author used to update very quickly, but for over a year now, the updates have been incredibly sporadic.

srsly tho, from that very first, 'areee~?' its been nepnep all the way OTL

edit: also do you guys think we can start a club for fans of this series!? or am i the only one who enjoyed it that much? if no, then sadface. if yes, then since there's no illustrations out, we can make the picture a photo of a choco coronet, or a picture of some dagashi

edit2:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Briollaire; 2015-01-19 at 09:35.
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 13:22   Link #20
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Isn't this like, one of the most popular WNs at that website or something?

It's absolutely charming. Besides, I've always wanted to be a princess. Too bad Kobatochandaisuki is taking a break.

P.S. Oniisama route best route.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote