AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 07:12   Link #421
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I never called you as such nor attempted to do so.
I apologize. I did not mean for you to take that seriously. I was attempting to inject a bit of ironic humor to liven up an otherwise serious discussion. I thought it was pretty funny.

Quote:
So in summary Tsubaki should not attempt to talk to, be in the presence of, or enjoy hanging out with girls other then Urabe at all?
Where did this come from? Are you asking? Or is this what you assume I think?

Really, we actually agree on almost everything regarding the particulars of how the situations occurred or who was behind what.

We agree about the Hayakawa situation, we agree about Matsuzawa, the kicker, and how Suwano influenced Tsubak into taking on the role in the movie, and how Oka, the little she-devil (and I'm not saying that affectionately) prodded Urabe (and may have been a driving force behind the movie itself).

I think what we might be disagreeing most about is whether or not Tsubaki is completely blameless in all of this. My biggest gripe with him is that he continuously lies to Urabe. Of course, this helps the dreary plots crawl along, but it is oh so annoying to me. I do not fault him for the situation with the kicker, and I don't have a problem with him talking with Matsuzawa or other female classmates, or having a friendly conversation with Oka (though he should be on guard while talking to her). But the situation with Hayakawa could have ended differently if he had not lied to Urabe, and the same goes with his bewilderment about the situation with Suwano.

Quote:
This manga is the furthest thing from a Harem manga you could get while still being involved in the romance genre...
I guess I should be more selective when trying to be funny in my replies. Really, it was only a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Yes, the issue about Urabe's being tasteless and the other girl's being sweet has not been resolved yet.
Nor the issue of why the movie was basically a copy of Tsubaki and Urabe's relationship, or how the script came about.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 07:51   Link #422
niyaAkira

I kind of have mixed feelings on the ending, it came across as rushed it basically just left you making inferences from what happened. Well at least thats what it did for me even though i got what happened i was just left with some questions. As for tsubaki there relationship would work out a lot better if he was just more up front with urabe. Im hoping they make oka and ueno have some issues but knowing her she will just tell him her favorite line " I'm gonna break up with you"
niyaAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:15   Link #423
Gohan78
Awakened One

Chapter 68 was good if taken standalone (Urabe's smile was soooo cute!) but disappointing as a conclusion of the movie arc. The problem I have with this ending is that it doesn't involve Suwano at all. We still don't know if she's genuinely interested in Tsubaki or just toying with him. I hope we'll get to see more of her in the next arc.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 11:22   Link #424
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Chapter 68 was good if taken standalone (Urabe's smile was soooo cute!) but disappointing as a conclusion of the movie arc. The problem I have with this ending is that it doesn't involve Suwano at all. We still don't know if she's genuinely interested in Tsubaki or just toying with him. I hope we'll get to see more of her in the next arc.
I think that the problem is in considering this chapter to be the end of the arc. It is clear that the cultural festival arc will be where the reaction to the movie will be uncovered as well as hopefully the motivations of all the girls who arranged to put Tsubaki and Urabe through this.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:53   Link #425
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't know why people keep saying the "movie arc" is over when the movie itself hasn't even been shown.

The filming and Tsubaki's personal doubts are the only thing that have "concluded" here.
I am quite certain the festival itself, along with the airing on the film, is supposed to conclude this arc.
Old 2012-07-04, 19:29   Link #426
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
I think that the problem is in considering this chapter to be the end of the arc. It is clear that the cultural festival arc will be where the reaction to the movie will be uncovered as well as hopefully the motivations of all the girls who arranged to put Tsubaki and Urabe through this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I don't know why people keep saying the "movie arc" is over when the movie itself hasn't even been shown.

The filming and Tsubaki's personal doubts are the only thing that have "concluded" here.
I am quite certain the festival itself, along with the airing on the film, is supposed to conclude this arc.
How about we say that the "Mysterious Movie Production" arc is over, then?

I am not a soothsayer, and I don't happen to have any clairvoyance handy, but I'm pretty sure that the next chapter is not going to be named "Mysterious Movie Production 8." If it is, then I will agree that the arc is not over with, otherwise, it will be the beginning of a new arc, or even just a stand-alone chapter.

For all we know, the next chapter might not even have anything to do with the movie or the cultural festival, considering how non-linear the time framing of some of the episodes has been. Maybe it'll be another beach episode, or perhaps a hot springs episode. Who knows?

Nonetheless, there's nothing to say that the mangaka can't (or even will) answer all those questions, or explain the black holes of logic in a new arc. Whatever some of those answers may be could be the inspiration, or instigation, for some new plot twist that takes us through the next arc, and that could be why we've been kept in the dark.

If the "Mysterious Movie Production" arc is ever produced as part of the anime series, I hope that we will not have to suffer through a whole episode of just the movie itself, like we had to do with that other anime.
Old 2012-09-05, 21:47   Link #427
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Chapter 69:
Old 2012-09-05, 23:52   Link #428
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well now, this is surprising.

Spoiler for Chapter stuff:
Old 2012-09-05, 23:57   Link #429
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah shiznit..., I didn't think of that either Myssa. I smell ultimatum for the near future.
Old 2012-09-06, 00:08   Link #430
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
On one hand, it might just be harmless curiousity. On the OTHER hand it might be that she's now got a vested interest in Tsubaki now. Either way, things are moving forward a tiny bit. Will this break the endless recursion of time?

Also, LOL Momoka Imai. What the heck?
Old 2012-09-06, 06:21   Link #431
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Oh, dreary day. After a much-needed two month respite, I was hoping that the "Mysterious Movie" and all the shenanigans that went with it would be long forgotten, but, no, the dreariness continues.

Either Tsubaki hasn't learned his lesson yet or, despite what he claims, he just loves to play the field. A girl invites him to go eat lunch with her (and not just any girl, but the girl who he has been having wet dreams about) and does he refuse? Of course not. Is his first thought, "If I eat lunch with a girl, it should be with my girlfriend." Of course not. Or, "How is my girlfriend going to feel if she finds out that I'm eating lunch with another girl and not her? Especially that girl?" Of course not. Off he goes like a mindless idiot. Or, more aptly, like a lamb to the slaughter.

And, as usual, Tsubaki lets himself get manipulated by a girl. And not just any girl...

As expected, this chapter did nothing to explain the black holes of logic of the last arc, or answer any of those questions that were left unanswered, such as, to quote Starshipw, "the motivations of all the girls who arranged to put Tsubaki and Urabe through this." Except, perhaps, that Suwano might not have been involved if she really did not know that Urabe and Tsubaki were a couple and drool was their thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On one hand, it might just be harmless curiousity.
Someone whose intent is harmless presumably would not threaten to use revealed information unless the victim agrees to conditions.

Quote:
On the OTHER hand it might be that she's now got a vested interest in Tsubaki now.
Just what do they all see in him?

Quote:
Either way, things are moving forward a tiny bit.
Forward? Backward? Sideways? More like more of the same old idiot Tsubaki to me.

Quote:
Will this break the endless recursion of time?
I doubt it. Maybe the mangaka wants Mysterious Girlfriend X to be the 21st centuries' Archie Comics (Archie's been around for over 60 years, yet he, and the rest of the crew, haven't aged a day).

Quote:
Also, LOL Momoka Imai. What the heck?
At least she's never dull and boring.
Old 2012-11-08, 09:11   Link #432
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 10:53   Link #433
ragez2010
TamingSari

Spoiler for spoiler:
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 11:12   Link #434
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for moles:
Old 2012-11-17, 19:16   Link #435
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Chapter 71: The Mysterous Mole

Another dreary chapter. Has the mangaka, for lack of anything better to write about, gone into the "fetish of the month" mode? What will it be next month? Belly-button lint? Earwax? Toe cheese? With so many fetishes out there (and new ones appearing every day on the Internet), the mangaka could milk this franchise forever!

This chapter did nothing to advance the relationship between the two main characters. Rather, it just reinforced the notion that Tsubaki is immature and frivolous.

On the plus side, this chapter seems to sound the death knell to the Movie arcs. Thank goodness. I, for one, no longer care if we ever get any explanations for those black holes of logic of those miserable chapters. The sooner time fades the memory of reading all that gobble-dee-gook [e.g. rubbish], the better. Nine chapters of utter crap, and now, just a few weeks shy of a year since the first Movie chapter appeared, our favorite couple is pretty much the same as they were back then, with no appreciable progress in their relationship.

It also seems like almost everyone has dropped this manga, as judged by the huge drop in posts here in this forum. Frankly, if this chapter hadn't quickly changed from Movie mode to mole mode, I very well may have dropped it too if the movie had been the main focus of the chapter.

Before that movie fiasco, I looked forward to reading each new monthly chapter. I really enjoyed it. It was fun and refreshing. Then, as the movie fiasco progressed (if you can actually call it that), I dreaded reading each new chapter. But now that that's over, I look forward to each new chapter again. However, it's not because it's fun and enjoyable, but now I wanna see just how stupid and ridiculous the mangaka can make each new chapter. And if stupid and ridiculous are the standards, this chapter is a great success.
Old 2012-12-06, 00:36   Link #436
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for 72:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 02:51   Link #437
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 72:
Old 2012-12-06, 03:24   Link #438
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Spoiler for 72:
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 07:51   Link #439
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Mysterious Girlfriend X 72: The Mysterious Fruit

I think there is one word that sums up this chapter best: boring.

Perhaps, like many readers, I became jaded after that fiasco that was the "Mysterious Movie" arcs. I think Tsubaki was right, the drool tasting ritual has lost its special meaning as a bond between the two of them. Urabe doesn't know that her drool lost all flavor during that fiasco, and that, in replace of hers, Tsubaki found Suwano's drool very sweet, indeed, to the extent he was having wet dreams about her.

So, this month's fetish was grapes. I wonder what it will be next month?! It might as well be milk, as milking is what the mangaka is doing with this franchise. It is no longer innovative and exciting. Just boring.
Old 2012-12-06, 18:08   Link #440
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

I gotta say, every chapter is at the least entertaining, but overall I can best put my thoughts into imagery:

Now, I like the series, but chapter 72 may as well have been chapter 10
and sometimes I think they already did 3 schoolyears

I mean, whatever happened after chapter 20 in their relationship progressing?

Tags
romance, seinen