AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-07, 07:00   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Was it just me, or was walking robot man 100% random? Still a nice see-up for things to come --- especially the woman with the robot.

It may be a bit to obvious, though straight away i had the feeling that Akechi was Twenty Faces. Not only from his appearance, though from the way he was talking about Twenty Faces still being alive. Like i said a bit obvious, though i'm gonna keep this thought in my head for future episodes.
Old 2008-06-07, 07:09   Link #322
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Another spectacularly beautiful episode from our friends at L-E.

Spoiler for ep 7:

Despite my misgivings, I'm pretty sure I'll watch this show to the end now unless some of the sillier parts become dominant themes. Chiko's such an appealing heroine that she alone, and Hirano's performance, make this show worth watching for me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 07:42   Link #323
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

The Ep Really Was Awesome To me...I Can't Wait To See The Next one
Btw...The Ed Song Is Really Awesome...I Love Hirano Aya Voice
Old 2008-06-07, 09:38   Link #324
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow the Ep 7 is just great, have no other word to describe it

In other episodes, i often found illogic incidents, or events that ruin my moods, only find 1(as i remember) in Ep 7...
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2008-06-07, 10:04   Link #325
Queeny
<3

hmm , I also thinks it's kinda fast ..

Spoiler for Ep 7:
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 10:34   Link #326
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Did Hirano Aya really speak those English lines? Sorry, if my question insults anyone, but the English voice do sound like those learning-English tapes. Which really focuses on the pronouncing but not so much into the emotions and situation.
Hm... good question. When I listened to it again I couldn't notice Hirano Aya's voice in that line.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 11:26   Link #327
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yes, and i dont know if it was just me but... those English Lines sound... weird... i couldnt said that it was English the first time i listened....
Spoiler for And i think that the detective is:
Old 2008-06-07, 11:34   Link #328
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Just a question for Tofu, does all the episodes have any previews? If so, why are they removed? Pardon me if this was asked before. I just want to have an idea of what happens in the next episode...
Yeah, the raws we're getting (we have our own person capturing them) do not include previews. From what I understand, they really don't add anything to the experience and might even detract from it. I kind of like having no idea what's going to happen each week! ^^;

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 12:00   Link #329
king12354

I laughed at the english part but it was still a good episode. By the way didn't someone in previous posts mention of a timeskip, is it true?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 13:16   Link #330
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
Yeah, the raws we're getting (we have our own person capturing them) do not include previews. From what I understand, they really don't add anything to the experience and might even detract from it. I kind of like having no idea what's going to happen each week! ^^; -Tofu
I usually would agree with that, but in this case, there is the weekly "Ojisan" by Hirano Aya at the very end that is an important part of this particular show. Not having those is a serious minus to an otherwise good sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
That last scene makes me once again question just what time period this show is suppose to be set in....
I think it's kind of mixed and impressionistic, myself. But Hirano Aya mentioned in an interview that is is supposed to be the "Showa 30s," which would be mid-1950s to mid-1960s.

The robot did seem kind of out of left field to me, too, but there is a history there we will find out about.

EDIT: I've just been looking at the 2channel thread where people are watching episode 8.
Spoiler for ep8 2channel reaction, including animated gif:

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-07 at 14:37.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 13:46   Link #331
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I don't think Akechi is really Twenty Faces, just because he was shown several episodes ago in Japan while Twenty Faces was escaping with the rest of the crew. I doubt they'd be the same person now, although I can see it's a possibility. At the very least, there really is a person named Akechi who's separate from Twenty Faces, even though that doesn't mean that this Akechi is the real Akechi. Still way too early to tell.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 14:36   Link #332
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I usually would agree with that, but in this case, there is the weekly "Ojisan" by Hirano Aya at the very end that is an important part of this particular show. Not having those is a serious minus to an otherwise good sub.
Not having seen the previews myself (like I said, my captured raws don't have them. It's possible they aren't included in every zone it airs in), I cannot comment on it. All I can say is, if anyone wants them that bad, go watch sudo's

-Tofu
Old 2008-06-07, 14:43   Link #333
Wuster

Woah, episode 8 is going to be awesome. Thanks for the animated gif, Kaoru Chujo.
Wuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 15:12   Link #334
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I don't think Akechi is really Twenty Faces, just because he was shown several episodes ago in Japan while Twenty Faces was escaping with the rest of the crew....
Exactly. I can't see any way that he's Nijuumensou -- although I had the same thought myself when I first saw him.

And as for Chiko's sinking back into depression, I agree completely with what SeijiSensei said: she had decided to die rather than live on without her ojisan. Then she discovered he might still be alive and her whole mood changed. But as Hirano said in her recent interview, Chiko is a very contained person, so the change in mood was not expressed clearly in words, just indicated by what she did. Hirano said that she had to be careful when the script called for a sound of surpise that she wasn't too exuberant with it, since Chiko is so contained.

The "robocop" did seem random at first, but there is a story there. As usual, this show doesn't explain everything all at once, but introduces things before they are explained.

As for the final "ojisan," there are compilations of them floating around, for those of us who can't get enough of Aya's voice. In any case, I just realized that since this is an MFI show, we are probably talking about subs too much.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-07 at 15:38.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 16:55   Link #335
Tofusensei

Hey, guys. We had some technical difficulties with the capture this week. If anyone can get a high-quality HD resolution raw of episode 8 and wants to help us out, please send me a private message here or on irc (#live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com). Thanks!

-Tofu
Old 2008-06-07, 20:40   Link #336
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Episode 7, nyaa ~ !

I loved it. Chiko in a sailor uniform is always going to make my day. The robot I don't get, though, but the next episode will have an explination (I hope ~ !).
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 20:42   Link #337
nanafan
horo fan

this episode was great, and it gave me many questions. for one, is akeichi as good as he looks, or is his friendliness an act? or maybe he was a friend of twenty faces? also, who was the woman, and i also notice at the end the robot had human eyes, so who's in that suit? i know that when i saw chiko with such sad eyes it made me feel bad for her. i hope that twenty faces is alive, and some of the gang are still alive. wait i think i remember the woman she helped twenty faces in one of the earlier episodes, but she ended up being a spy and wanted to get rid of twenty faces and his gang.

Last edited by nanafan; 2008-06-07 at 22:35.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 22:00   Link #338
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Spoiler for Ep 7:
Old 2008-06-08, 01:44   Link #339
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
EDIT: I've just been looking at the 2channel thread where people are watching episode 8.
Spoiler for ep8 2channel reaction, including animated gif:
Yes, that's certainly limiter off. GO CHIKO!
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 02:48   Link #340
alldren

is that mean girl from her school one of the 3 girls in the ed?
alldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen