AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 15
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 24.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 46 25.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 49 27.07%
7 out of 10 : Good... 24 13.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.10%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-15, 17:11   Link #381
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
No, fuck no, just no, get me out of NTR online.
I have to say, I don't see any ntr >_>

I think people have really expanded the definition of NTR overly broad lately, you can have one random dude give the female lead an extra look, and you'd get a crowd screaming OMGWTFNTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
The doujin of real life. >.> As any pretty girl can tell you, having only one boyfriend is boring (which is why I typically have two or three).
I'm just gonna assume you're trolling there

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
fixed that for you
Please list one
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 17:57   Link #382
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I have to say, I don't see any ntr >_>

I think people have really expanded the definition of NTR overly broad lately, you can have one random dude give the female lead an extra look, and you'd get a crowd screaming OMGWTFNTR!
We ran into the same problem before, recently. You are correct, and I for one also find it annoying.

But the only point I will concede is that you have to imagine that our crazy villain isn't actually doing anything unbecoming to Asuna while she lies there in the coma (and that he hasn't done anything in the past). But then again, to be honest, I'm still not really sure if he cares at all about Asuna, or if all he's really after is control of the company. He could have been just doing that to piss Kirito off, knowing that they were a couple in the game.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:00   Link #383
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah... not a big fan of this ep. It was good and nicely done but I feel really bad for Sugu and hate the new villain with a passion. The girl is comatose, you pyscho! Glad Kirito walked over and stopped him.

And spoiler OP not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
We ran into the same problem before, recently. You are correct, and I for one also find it annoying.

But the only point I will concede is that you have to imagine that our crazy villain isn't actually doing anything unbecoming to Asuna while she lies there in the coma. But then again, to be honest, I'm still not really sure if he cares at all about Asuna, or if all he's really after is control of the company. He could have been just doing that to piss Kirito off, knowing that they were a couple in the game.
It's not NTR but it gives that feeling, so it's labeled as such by so many people. It's rage inducing.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:02   Link #384
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's not NTR but it gives that feeling, so it's labeled as such by so many people. It's rage inducing.
It might actually make me "rage" if I had any inclination whatsoever that the story was actually going to do anything other than make him a disposable villain; here, I'm quite sure he won't actually do anything. No doubt he'll be annoying, but he's living on borrowed time.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:05   Link #385
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't NTR kind of require the antagonist successfully stealing the heroine/winning her over to actually qualify as NTR?
Old 2012-10-15, 18:05   Link #386
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

You know, if folk in this thread already find Sugou one of the worst human beings ever born with only this, they certainly haven't been around enough. He could be waaaaaay worse than just a cocky attitude and a simple sniff of hair.

He's still petty slimy, but not quite scummy.~
Old 2012-10-15, 18:07   Link #387
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't NTR kind of require the antagonist successfully stealing the heroine/winning her over to actually qualify as NTR?
Yes, it does, and it's clear as day that she'd never consent to anything (he even said so). So if he did do anything, it'd be sexual assault (etc.), and not NTR. As DragoZERO said, people use the word because "it gives that feeling"... but it's really not at all the same.

And yeah, as SilverSyko said, at this point he just said what he needed to say to piss Kazuto off. Let's see what he actually does from here on.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:08   Link #388
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It might actually make me "rage" if I had any inclination whatsoever that the story was actually going to do anything other than make him a disposable villain; here, I'm quite sure he won't actually do anything. No doubt he'll be annoying, but he's living on borrowed time.
That is true, it isn't much to rage over. But it really depends on the viewer. If I didn't watch/read/play other stories that had some serious NTR and rage, then this would bother me a lot more.

Quote:
Yes and no. We could talk about this forever and it's not worth derailing the thread. There is probably a thread here somewhere (tried searching quick but couldn't find anything) and plenty of resources on the web. I think I remember HongFire having something at some point, so check there if you want.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:09   Link #389
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Yes, but these days some people would tag that label on anything and everything.

The current situation in SAO is as much NTR as a foul pop fly behind home plate is a grand-slam homerun
Old 2012-10-15, 18:11   Link #390
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Yes, it does, and it's clear as day that she'd never consent to anything (he even said so). So if he did do anything, it'd be sexual assault (etc.), and not NTR. As DragoZERO said, people use the word because "it gives that feeling"... but it's really not at all the same.
Not ntr, but 'rape'. Same difference really. We're playing semantics. Who cares what's it called if it's rage-inducing all the same?
Old 2012-10-15, 18:16   Link #391
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Not ntr, but 'rape'. Same difference really. We're playing semantics. Who cares what's it called if it's rage-inducing all the same?
It's not playing semantics, because the meaning of the word IS different, it'd be like someone saying running is the same as walking.

And that's without pointing out that no rape, nor any sexual assault of any kind has actually occurred here, which makes the whole premise even more laughable.

I shudder to think how many of the classic animes would get the NTR label today, it's quite ridiculous IMO.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:20   Link #392
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
It's not playing semantics, because the meaning of the word IS different.

It'd be like someone saying running is the same as walking.
For someone as chubby as me, you wouldn't notice the difference between me running and walking!
Anyway, point is, why are people making jabs for people not liking what they don't like?
Old 2012-10-15, 18:23   Link #393
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Anyway, point is, why are people making jabs for people not liking what they don't like?
I never said they have to like it or that they're wrong for no liking it, it's their own opinion and frankly I couldn't care less.

However, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, they're not entitled to their own fact, you don't get to label white as blue just because you like blue better.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:25   Link #394
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So does this make Sugou analogous to both:

Spoiler for Accel World Comparison X2:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:25   Link #395
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Anyway, let's try to get back to things that actually happened in Episode 15; this tangent could probably go on forever, and it's not really leading anywhere.

Edit: To be fair (due to timing):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So does this make Sugou analogous to both:

Spoiler for Accel World Comparison X2:
Spoiler for Comparison to Accel World:
Old 2012-10-15, 18:28   Link #396
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You know, if folk in this thread already find Sugou one of the worst human beings ever born with only this, they certainly haven't been around enough. He could be waaaaaay worse than just a cocky attitude and a simple sniff of hair.

He's still petty slimy, but not quite scummy.~
I think we could’ve gone without introducing Sugou as the new antagonist right away. That was pretty fast and pretty in your face.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:28   Link #397
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Anyway, let's try to get back to things that actually happened in Episode 15; this tangent could probably go on forever, and it's not really leading anywhere.
Yes I agree, and while we're at it can we possibly ban or severely restrict the use of the word NTR in the forums. Joking of course, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired of seeing it crop up every time there's even the slightest hint that a character might have to work a little harder to get back together with love interest. Isn't it just much easier to suggest that Kirito has been given a new quest now?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:29   Link #398
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
However, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, they're not entitled to their own fact, you don't get to label white as blue just because you like blue better.
Except, a genre isn't something as definite as a color. There is a thread of discussing the meaning of "slice of life", "drama", "tragedy" or even what accounts to "tsundere" and the like in this very forum, several times over. If anything definite coming out of those threads is that the meanings do evolve over time.

And this man speaks sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZERO
Yes and no. We could talk about this forever and it's not worth derailing the thread.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:03   Link #399
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Just to change the subject.

Yay at Yui being back and in the opening and for being........fun sized? When I mentioned back in Episode 11 that Kirito should make a small device for her to live in and carry her in his pocket... I didnt think I'd be so close.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 19:10   Link #400
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Yay at Yui being back and in the opening and for being........fun sized? When I mentioned back in Episode 11 that Kirito should make a small device for her to live in and carry her in his pocket... I didnt think I'd be so close.
Yeah, I've been trying to avoid dwelling on the OP/ED too much because it seems to give away a lot of little things... (ah crap -- didn't do that on purpose!). But there's certainly a lot that could be speculated about -- probably best for the Speculation thread, I guess.