AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 09:05   Link #1
Pell14

any comedies on main lead getting owned?

find it quite hilarious haha, getting bashed up and having hard situation in a funny way

like seto no hanayome, ?? tenshi dokuro chan
Old 2007-09-29, 09:19   Link #2
Echoes

How about Zero no Tsukaima? Saito's been known to take a beating (or whipping) or two
Old 2007-09-29, 10:16   Link #3
lftwgr

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!. The male lead always gets a good whacking from the female's harisen (war fan).

While you're at it, you might like to try the rest of the FMP franchise (FMP! and The Second Raid). However, those are more plot driven and less comedic.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:20   Link #4
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Hayate no gotoku, not only badly owned, it's hilarious as hell.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:21   Link #5
Kyomi
What do I know?

I haven't seen it yet since I'm waiting for it to finish, but I'm pretty sure Hayate no Gotoku
would probably fit in there.
(I mean, being sold to the yakuza because your parents are in huge debt and end up being the butler of the person you kidnap.) Can't be too far from what you're looking for.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:56   Link #6
Frans

He is My Master? it's on the ecchi side though.
Old 2007-09-29, 12:50   Link #7
FLiPMaStAZ

school rumble

the main lead gets owned in a way
Old 2007-09-30, 22:32   Link #8
cheez rocks
Junior Otaku

Strong second of anything FMP! Maybe Love Hina would work for you? Kaibutsu Oujo definitely has what you're looking for, but it almost completely lacks plot.
Old 2007-09-30, 22:53   Link #9
Woodchips
つかれた!

If you're able to watch harem comedies then Nagasarete Airantou might be worth giving a shot, especially in the first half of the season. If you watch the first episode you'll see what I mean.

School Rumble is another one you might consider. The male lead is always encountering trouble and mayhem during his journey. Depends on whether you are talking about getting beaten up in a physical or metaphorical sense.

Then there's always Ouran High School Host Club. I know it's a bit out (there, and it's not exactly the lead character getting owned, but Tamaki who is a main character) frequently gets shot down or beaten up/abused in nearly every episode.

Then, if you can handle ridiculous levels of cuteness and hilarity, you might want to look into Ichigo Mashimaru/Strawberry Marshmallow. I don't handle cuteness well, but this anime was so freakin hilarious that I found myself addicted quickly. It is more than meets the eye. Because it is an ensemble cast, someone is getting physically beaten up/ owned in nearly every episode.

Last edited by Woodchips; 2007-09-30 at 23:03. Reason: Added to post
Old 2007-10-01, 15:33   Link #10
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
C'MON BASHED Dokuro-chan
Old 2007-10-01, 16:07   Link #11
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Maison Ikkoku ?
that takes me back...
Old 2007-10-02, 17:45   Link #12
yepimasissy

i dont know the anime but it had some silly catchy tune that got stuck in my head i thought it had the worst story line ever but for random brutality it was good tune goes like this.
piro piro piro pipiro piro piro somthing like that . (decent amount of blood in this)
Old 2007-10-02, 17:54   Link #13
Moonlith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!. The male lead always gets a good whacking from the female's harisen (war fan).

While you're at it, you might like to try the rest of the FMP franchise (FMP! and The Second Raid). However, those are more plot driven and less comedic.
I've been watching Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, they are great! I'm trying to find TSR in Japanese with english subs though. I ended up downloading an English dub ( Which totally sucks... seriously)

If you like Chidori / Sousuke sort of Interaction, try Inukami. The male lead gets bashed up by the fem lead constantly as well for being 'unfaithfull' Very comedic anime.
Old 2007-10-03, 16:58   Link #14
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
Quote:
Originally Posted by yepimasissy View Post
i dont know the anime but it had some silly catchy tune that got stuck in my head i thought it had the worst story line ever but for random brutality it was good tune goes like this.
piro piro piro pipiro piro piro somthing like that . (decent amount of blood in this)
It was Dokuro-chan
Old 2007-10-04, 09:05   Link #15
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
find it quite hilarious haha, getting bashed up and having hard situation in a funny way
You might try Tona-Gura!

The male lead is something of a pervert, so his girlfriend is always punching him, and his little sister has a collection of air-guns and paint-ball guns she used to "disipline" him when he is bad.
Closed Thread