AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 12:06   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If you want to have a decent shot at winning, it's good to have a main for each of the 'classes': tank, carry, burst caster, and support, in that order.

You can get away easily without the last two, but the first two is pretty essential. This is because a team of all squishies cant initiate properly, and a team with no ranged carry has big problems if the enemy all builds survivability. Burst caster is really there just so the enemy can't just stack armor against your carry, while support is a force multiplier. Meaning that it's only really good if you already got your other roles filled out, but if you do, adding a support does more to your team than a second or a third of the other classes.

Finally, if you care about playing ranked games, then you need to know how to use jungling heroes. This is because its pretty darn obvious that the team with the jungle has a major advantage against those who dont (they would have 2 level 6 heroes against only 1 for the enemy team). Also, having a 'sub' for each of the classes is pretty much mandatory, as you never know when your main is going to be banned or picked by the other team.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 12:56   Link #62
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If I see a jungler, I'll buy a ward as starting item. You don't know how much I hate jungler.
Old 2010-11-10, 14:13   Link #63
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Mainly using his ult and taunt; ult to protect a CC or burst mage so they can unload their damage, then taunt to allow them a retreat while you're taking the hits. After taunting you can use either Faint or Vorpal blade, doubt you'd have enough energy for both though...If you're up against heavy auto-attackers, get a thornmail and stack HP/armour, if you want to kill rather than assist build up his critical and attack speed a bit (the rest is situational). Best of all, his ulti is a free teleport to an allied hero, so you're free to save the day more than once at the same time.
Oh, thank you very much for the info Kafriel
Old 2010-11-10, 14:25   Link #64
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You're welcome, that's only how I play Shen There's always lots of ways to play any character, I believe that their stats in the learning center represent how well they can adjust to the roles of physical attacks, health and magic; so characters with half life and magic can be mages that focus on survivability, even magic and power tends to be better off as hybrid, etc.
If you want to check out various guides, I'll second leaguecraft, that's where I got a first taste of core builds from.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 20:51   Link #65
killer3000ad

Looks like Sona and Mordekaiser top the votes as most overpowered in the informed opinions of the LoL community. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=332106

EDIT: Search youtube for WCG2010 League of Legends matches. The ones involving US and now world champions, CLG(US) vs SK(Germany/Europe) in the grand finals are really interesting.
Old 2010-11-10, 21:17   Link #66
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Looks like Sona and Mordekaiser top the votes as most overpowered in the informed opinions of the LoL community. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=332106

EDIT: Search youtube for WCG2010 League of Legends matches. The ones involving US and now world champions, CLG(US) vs SK(Germany/Europe) in the grand finals are really interesting.
Sona but not Mordekaiser. For me it is Kog'Maw and Miss Fortune(Before nerf currently). I didn't play Kog til I got to ranked games then I realize how high of a base dps he has. I can land his ult blindfolded. LeBlanc is another story. The poll is obviously inaccurate when you see Lux has more votes than Annie. Morg also got LESS votes than Tryn when she has BLACK SHIELD... Tryn having votes at all is just lol, he is like Urgot/Eve tier. My opinion really.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2010-11-10 at 21:41.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 00:58   Link #67
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Ha ha, Morderkaiser as OP. Funny stuff.

Sona is only strong, not OP, really. People always think it's Sona who wreck their team, but they failed to realize that she only boost up the potential of her team, and nullify the poking game everyone is very fond of.
Against Sona's team, all you need is a good formation and a quick initiator.
Old 2010-11-11, 01:13   Link #68
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I mostly build Sona w/ Soul Shroud. But after several games with lots of poking before the initial fight, my mana runs out fast (even w/ seal of clarity). I switched to Innervating Locket (sigh, I missed the old one).

I always lane with my friend who uses Galio. Fun stuff happens.

Oh, and I just had 4 straight wins w/o deaths using her last night.
Old 2010-11-11, 01:23   Link #69
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Get a Tear of Goddess. That will solve most of your mana issue. Upgrade it later, after you get your core items for a nice amount of AP.

As Sona, all you need to do is maintain your life and your position. Most of the time when Sona died, the whole team will fall apart, and the enemy knows that, so try to live as long as possible. Prolonging battle is one of Sona's advantage, and that's why I never like poking game against her. Don't forget that "Sona stance", where 3 of your fingers are on QWE and just mashing them .
I won 90% time I use Sona, so I feel like dropping her already. I like her appearance, and her skillset, but for some reason it doesn't feel good using her.
Old 2010-11-11, 01:58   Link #70
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure about Tear to Archangel, was never a fan of those items.
Reason why I went for Locket is not only the passive but also the aura, though not as great as Shroud's. Not to mention that the stats are helpful. And of course, I'm more of an aura type Sona than AP.
Old 2010-11-11, 03:37   Link #71
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Truthfully, the only AP item I got for my Sona is Archangel. Tear solve my mana problem with a mere 960 golds, after that I get boots and rushing Mejai's Soulstealer and Locket. A good Sona shouldn't die, and her assists must not below 60% of team kills.
Aegis is nice and all, but Sona shouldn't be the one who's getting it, and Shroud is kinda meh imo. I'd rather get Shurelya for that 15% CDR, and with my mastery, rune, I can reach 30%. After that just a blue pot and it's max CDR.
Old 2010-11-11, 04:52   Link #72
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:

Ahaha, Amumu isn't overpowered? Or at least on the same level/less than Akali and Vlad? What are they thinking? Amumu's ridiculous.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 07:56   Link #73
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Truthfully, the only AP item I got for my Sona is Archangel. Tear solve my mana problem with a mere 960 golds, after that I get boots and rushing Mejai's Soulstealer and Locket. A good Sona shouldn't die, and her assists must not below 60% of team kills.
Aegis is nice and all, but Sona shouldn't be the one who's getting it, and Shroud is kinda meh imo. I'd rather get Shurelya for that 15% CDR, and with my mastery, rune, I can reach 30%. After that just a blue pot and it's max CDR.
Will try Tears next game and build to Archangel after my core. Shurelya is not that cost effective for Sona since she has a low cd ghost-like skill while the item provides a speed boost for 2 secs w/ a 60 second cooldown. I see that as a luxury item. I'll go for deathfire (15% cdr) for the extra burst.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:27   Link #74
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
Will try Tears next game and build to Archangel after my core. Shurelya is not that cost effective for Sona since she has a low cd ghost-like skill while the item provides a speed boost for 2 secs w/ a 60 second cooldown. I see that as a luxury item. I'll go for deathfire (15% cdr) for the extra burst.
Actually, I only take Shurelya as final item, because I prefer Kindlegem (spelling?) for a cheap HP/CDR.
Not sure about Deathfire on Sona, though.
Old 2010-11-11, 13:23   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nah, Sona is OP. After a certain point, having the ENTIRE team have 20 ATK/AP/Armor/MR/Move speed all teamfight long is just stupid. It's like having a second Aegis of Legion that gives MS as well. She also has the same sustained amount of healing as Taric/Soraka, while all the while wins teamfights with her AoE stun ult.

And seriously, Sona is against the poke meta? When she has a really GOOD poke herself, and she boosts the entire teams speed to help her get back to safety? Ah, what?

My sona build goes...

9/0/21
Claivoyance/Flash
Movement speed quints
Mpen red
flat CDR blues
mp5 per level yellows

Meki + 2 pots
Tear
Boots of Speed
(Up to 2 ruby crystals depending on how badly you are being focused)
Mejai
Boots of Swiftness
Soulshroud
(Aegis if no one in your team got it)
Archangel
(If still going)
Guardian Angel
Zhonya

It's really easy to rack up Mejai stacks with Sona, as her E practically guarantees an assist most of the time, while her Q/W helps in those times E is on CD. And with her only really needing to stay in the backlines (unless you know its safe to poke), you're rarely ever targeted if you know what you're doing.

Archangel late because all it does is it gives you more AP. You're better off spending 1235g for Mejai than you are spending 1860g to upgrade your tear, considering how fast it is to get stacks and how easy it is to keep it with Sona.

I also build her this way because with Soulshroud + caster masteries + cdr runes + blue pot, you will reach the CDR cap. Which is essential when you want to keep your three auras up. And many times I don't even need the blue pot, as you can easily max her Soulstealer if you play safe.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 13:49   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Note to self: remember to ambush any and all Sonas if you ever come across a team with one o'those...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:03   Link #77
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Don't worry, Sona is gonna get a nerf and Lux is gonna get a buff.

Quote:
Also incoming…. Sona and Miss Fortune nerfs… Lux buffs. The big thing is… making it so that Sona can’t use what my friend calls “The Sona Stance”. What he literally does is holds out 3 fingers over QWE and just mashes them repeatedly. The problem is that… you can constantly keep all 3 auras up at a time without any thought, just mash away. The changes will force her to put thought into what auras to use, since she’ll only be able to have 2 up at a time.
Old 2010-11-11, 22:37   Link #78
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

When I see Sona, I choose Poppy. Problem solved.

I'd love to see a Sona trying to poke, because she reveal herself from where she's supposed to be hiding.
Btw, I was not saying Sona is against poking meta. I said poking doesn't work against her.
Old 2010-11-11, 22:44   Link #79
killer3000ad

A new champion approaches!
Spoiler:

Bladesurge: Irelia dashes forward to strike her target. If it kills the target, Bladesurge's cooldown refreshes and half the mana cost is refunded.

Hiten Style: Irelia is skilled in the art of Hiten, passively giving her physical attacks health restoration. Activating Hiten Style adds true damage to her physical attacks for a short duration.

Equilibrium Strike: Irelia's attack balances the scales, dealing damage and slowing the target. However, if the target has a higher Health % than Irelia, then the blow stuns the target instead.

Transcendent Blades (Ultimate): Irelia summons four spirit blades which she can fling at her enemies. These blades deal magic damage to enemies that they pass through, siphoning life from them and healing Irelia.

Ionian Fervor (Passive): Each nearby enemy champion (to a maximum of three) reduces the effectiveness of Crowd Control on Irelia.

Source:http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=337330
Old 2010-11-11, 22:45   Link #80
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I don't mind only 2 aura are kept since celerity is less used during the 1st stages of a clash.

As a Sona user, assassin's annoys me to hell.

Tags
league of legends, lol