AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-26, 22:42   Link #24601
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Don't recall he facing any very good brawler, the toughest was Hamazura IIRC.
B-But Hamazura is good!
Old 2013-03-26, 22:53   Link #24602
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
B-But Hamazura is good!
Enough to level up Kamijou to Tsuchimikado's level?
Old 2013-03-26, 23:01   Link #24603
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Don't recall he facing any very good brawler, the toughest was Hamazura IIRC.
Oriana, Carissa, terrorists in volume 17, Thor...................................

What I'm saying is that this fourth volume of the Old Testament he went through several different situations and struggled against several different types of enemy, those who used this firearm, the Saints (Acqua) even though he lost easily and Carissa that was stronger, etc., So I wonder how much stronger he was, why would a round 2 with Tsuchimikado.
Old 2013-03-26, 23:04   Link #24604
tsunade666

Tsuchimikado knows martial arts
Touma is a city/street brawler and
Hamazura is good at firearms but not really on CQC fighting.
Komaba Ritoku is the only one in skill out who is good at street brawling. With his huge body and hard tapping. Though even if he has huge built. He also still relies on fire arms which is known smart weapon.

Tsuchimikado would still be a good fight but I doubt that he can beat Touma now in pure endurance. Even with skill, I don't think he has enough strength to put Touma down.
Old 2013-03-26, 23:47   Link #24605
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Tsuchimikado would nail Touma on the floor with his knowledge of which body parts that hits hard. Touma's endurance matters little. A few hits on those parts and he will be down for the count.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:33   Link #24606
tsunade666

If tsuchimikado can hit him or if it connects. the current touma can't be hit that easily. If you look at his previews fights. his been hit less this time in NT. Since the revelation of his precog ability.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:52   Link #24607
Acer
Death to the infidels!

much less.
Old 2013-03-27, 05:45   Link #24608
desrtsku
Nympholept

Yeah much less ... and his endurance and resilience also improved a great deal.
Old 2013-03-27, 05:48   Link #24609
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If tsuchimikado can hit him or if it connects. the current touma can't be hit that easily. If you look at his previews fights. his been hit less this time in NT. Since the revelation of his precog ability.
It would depend on the nature of Touma's "precog" ability. If it's a supressed Esper power, then it can work against Tsuchimikado, but if it's an extention of his Imagine Breaker, it won't help with regular attacks.
Old 2013-03-27, 06:45   Link #24610
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Assuming touma has the resilience to endure tsuchimikado's attacks, the next question is, how solid is tsuchi's defence?
Old 2013-03-27, 07:00   Link #24611
tsunade666

In his time with group and the battle with Oriana. He isn't much resilient to attack though his attack is deadly and he also good at firearms and has overall sneaky way to attack. He is a backstabber to begin with. So his way of fighting is tricking his opponent. Just like how he trick Terra on finding out the weakness of his spell. Though he got down with one solid hit but still just like Touma since they don't have any spell in their arsenal (not counting Tsuchimikado's spell because it all needs preparation which is unlike the spell of Styl and the others plus if he uses his spell it will be one sided for Touma to win)

They use the environment or surrounding to their advantage with careful planning and strategy.
Old 2013-03-27, 07:48   Link #24612
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Assuming touma has the resilience to endure tsuchimikado's attacks, the next question is, how solid is tsuchi's defence?
Not solid enough to resist a hand to hand combat expert ex-anti-skill officer ... and on top of that, that officer was actually holding back since he's still a kid. So just like Tsunade-dono said, he strikes hard, but a few well landed punches here and there and he's KO-ed easily ... and Touma is a lot stronger than what he looks like, one of his knee strikes could break a knife made of bone. Man that scene was so badass.
Old 2013-03-27, 08:15   Link #24613
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I wonder if someday Touma will use the combo: halter+ knee in a girl. anyway, it's very nice to know I'm not the only one who wants to see them having a rematch. but more urgent than that, we need scenes that remind the reader that the Hamazura is one of the three (main) heroes.
Old 2013-03-27, 08:26   Link #24614
tsunade666

right right!! I also want to see badass Hamazura scene! I'm working on a fic for the 3 heroes but I'm losing on the edge and motivation here. Rhinoceros beetle a.k.a. Kakine reborn looks more awesome than him. That's why I'm even having second thoughts on having 3 heroes or 4 heroes but hamazura would surely get the short end of the stick without proper scene for him. I want to see dragon rider again!
Old 2013-03-27, 10:40   Link #24615
Haigon

If the Beetle joins ITEM, Hamazura will have trouble, both with Fremea and Rikou.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:57   Link #24616
tsunade666

Beetle won't join ITEM. Beetle is every little girls friend
Old 2013-03-27, 11:45   Link #24617
Miraluka
Banned

Unless Beetle dedices to become a girl....

On a serious note, Kamachi said on Vol.22 afterwords that if there is a new situation Hamazura could beat down Touma and thus his heroes would be in balance.

On other note, Touma is just experiencied in fights against magicians. Tsuchimikado too but he also trains his body a lot(vol.12 reference) so build up his body.

Touma, you can't just beat them biceps and dat sixpack .
Old 2013-03-27, 12:43   Link #24618
tsunade666

lol Tsuchimikado the body builder. Well he needs a strong body because his innards always explode thanks to using magic. And man, this guy is lucky for auto regeneration always kicks in. His ability relies on luck because its not an always active ability. Its more like playing russian roulette for his part.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:03   Link #24619
leukrota

Erm, according to what I understood, his autoregeneration is active all the time.

The russian roulette when using magic would be from having the backlash kill him instantly.

But I guess I could be wrong.
Old 2013-03-27, 16:40   Link #24620
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Erm, according to what I understood, his autoregeneration is active all the time.

The russian roulette when using magic would be from having the backlash kill him instantly.

But I guess I could be wrong.
He doesn't regenerate all the time though, it happens mostly when he's "DEADly" injured. Otherwise he shouldn't be KO-ed in hand to hand combat so easily.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen