AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 13 39.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-03, 19:20   Link #21
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

OMG i love this ep especially Yagari had some scenes at the beginning but man is Maria starange.10/10
Old 2008-06-03, 21:31   Link #22
Avisch
Reality Blender

I will need to see this for Nakahara as Maria from all the good vibes I'm hearing.

Why are people complaining about Shizuka's anime appearance (the way she looks). I heard atleast 2 people now say it looks different......the only difference I see is that her hair is slightly...shorter (and I don't know if that's possible)

And
Spoiler for A question for those like myslef who have read the manga:

One crazy B****
Old 2008-06-04, 13:38   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So happy they finally showed Shizuka animated i have been waiting for this. I knew they would probably draw her in a Ghostly beautifully manner and they did. Anyone else find it funny that as a vampire they state Maria has been sick since she was a child? Given the multiple sources and vast differences in how vampires are portrayed there are only a few reasons why a vampire would be sick. Not to mention she can go into sunlight for a extended amount of time with apparent trouble. Pay attention people Maria's characters gave a lot away to what will be happening soon and im as excited as a kid who just discovered bittorent.

I dont see anything wrong with how Shizuka looks actually they did a pretty good job reflecting her status and personality into her physical looks. Her hair is really a mute point its pretty long in the manga and its pretty long in the scenes that we have seen. So whats the issue?

Spoiler for For Avisch/Slight manga spoilers.:
Old 2008-06-04, 14:21   Link #24
LKK

I could tell that episode 9 is the start of a new story arc. You want to know how I could tell? The humor was back. Given the ominous overtones of the episode with regards to Maria, I don't expect the humor to survive for very long. (Certainly not as long as the humor survived at the start of the series, at any rate.)

I thought this was one of the better animated episodes. I don't remembering going "ugh, what horrible drawing" at any time this episode. (Except for the instances in OP that have been bad since ep 1.) My pet peeve about VK as a whole has been the inconsistent character renderings. Such a relief to have an episode where the renderings were been consistently good.

I think I'm going to rate this episode a 9 which may be the highest ranked episode to date.

One question for manga readers. I can't remember, was Zero's vampire hunter master in the manga at this point?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-06-04, 15:01   Link #25
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So happy they finally showed Shizuka animated i have been waiting for this. I knew they would probably draw her in a Ghostly beautifully manner and they did. Anyone else find it funny that as a vampire they state Maria has been sick since she was a child? Given the multiple sources and vast differences in how vampires are portrayed there are only a few reasons why a vampire would be sick. Not to mention she can go into sunlight for a extended amount of time with apparent trouble. Pay attention people Maria's characters gave a lot away to what will be happening soon and im as excited as a kid who just discovered bittorent.

I dont see anything wrong with how Shizuka looks actually they did a pretty good job reflecting her status and personality into her physical looks. Her hair is really a mute point its pretty long in the manga and its pretty long in the scenes that we have seen. So whats the issue?

Spoiler for For Avisch/Slight manga spoilers.:
That's so true. A sick vampire in the sun.....PLOT HOLE.

Yeah I really don't know what's the issue. She looks fine to me. People really need to describe "what is wrong" rather than juts saying "it's bad".

They made her pale and elegant. Which is exactly how she looks in the manga.
Spoiler for spoiler response:

[snip]

One crazy B****

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-06-05 at 10:23.
Old 2008-06-04, 15:22   Link #26
zetsubousensei
zoku!

I didn't mind the speedsub that much either. I guess I'm a more of a watch first, screw waiting kind of a person. Though I do like the OP/ED translated, but it's ok.

Interesting episode. So a new student eh? Finally here, yay for an introduction to a new story arc! They changed the OP right? I was half paying attention to the OP, but I think they did change it. Interesting...
Old 2008-06-04, 19:22   Link #27
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
That's so true. A sick vampire in the sun.....PLOT HOLE.

Yeah I really don't know what's the issue. She looks fine to me. People really need to describe "what is wrong" rather than juts saying "it's bad".

They made her pale and elegant. Which is exactly how she looks in the manga.
Spoiler for spoiler response:

[snip]
Wait, Maria is sick specifically in the sun? =O Based on the anime and manga, I don't think I've ever heard that being mentioned -- I think she has always been sick in general.

I so agree that Shizuka looks perfectly fine! I thought she was well-drawn and she has that mysterious feel to her like in the manga. I also thought her eye and hair colors were especially spooky, and those colors actually made her appear more mesmerizing than in the manga.

Spoiler for response to your spoiler response xD:

Wow, your post had everything I wanted to add on about this episode. xD Sorry I went quoting-crazy. ^^;;

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-06-05 at 10:24.
Old 2008-06-05, 23:53   Link #28
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

hanabusaXyuuki? O.O
LOL yuuki-chan is so funny in this ep...
Old 2008-06-06, 04:05   Link #29
indicatoto101

When Ichijou talked about Kaname, I got a sense that it was more than just about respecting a full-blood vampire. Maybe it's the shounen-ai fan in me, but Ichijou saying that he would obey anything Kaname ordered was just... so homoerotic for me.

Maria's servant looks like Zero. Is there a connection?
Old 2008-06-06, 09:14   Link #30
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
When Ichijou talked about Kaname, I got a sense that it was more than just about respecting a full-blood vampire. Maybe it's the shounen-ai fan in me, but Ichijou saying that he would obey anything Kaname ordered was just... so homoerotic for me.
Glad Im not the only one who thinks that its the servant fetish I have

/TMI

Quote:
Maria's servant looks like Zero. Is there a connection?
That should be explained next epi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-07, 15:01   Link #31
Ashura666
Ignite the blue flame

Location: Cymru.. though I'm not Welsh I like living there ^.^
Send a message via MSN to Ashura666
I liked the arrival of Maria and her 'servant' as I was waiting to see how they would animate it ^.^ she seems even more creepy in the anime here than ever...

I personally liked the bits when Aidou dragged Yuki away from everyone and then Zero grabbed her back again... that was really well done
Old 2008-06-10, 09:08   Link #32
FuzzyWuzzy

sppped sussub >>> quality sub
Nothing happening in this episode. It wasn't that interesting.
I want more Kanami and Zero interaction with Yuumi.
Old 2008-06-11, 10:41   Link #33
lovelyshopper

awesome episode I think its the best one since the begining of the anime I think its the first time I feel that an animated version of a manga is almost as good as the initial work(the manga)

Last edited by lovelyshopper; 2008-06-11 at 10:42. Reason: none
Closed Thread