AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 15:57   Link #321
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Hmm, so it looks like there will be at least one more filler episode since, well, the manga moves a lot faster and I don't remember it taking that long to transition from the first arc to the second.
The anime is definitely dragging out the Mikage arc. Does anyone know how long this series is going to be? If it's 26 episodes, I'm guessing they'll stop at the end of the second arc then.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:21   Link #322
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Cute~:
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 06:28   Link #323
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Hmm, so it looks like there will be at least one more filler episode since, well, the manga moves a lot faster and I don't remember it taking that long to transition from the first arc to the second.
By the looks of it, they are going to stretch out the fighting and drama, doesn't look like there will be some XYZ filler insert to me. Or at least, will be filler scenes with the main plot going. But yeah, it's still slow. But then again, there is not much manga material to cover the 26? I think, epis.
Old 2009-05-24, 04:12   Link #324
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
By the looks of it, they are going to stretch out the fighting and drama, doesn't look like there will be some XYZ filler insert to me. Or at least, will be filler scenes with the main plot going. But yeah, it's still slow. But then again, there is not much manga material to cover the 26? I think, epis.
not enough at all. Just an anime made to promote the manga - which is heaps better than the anime. We might get an open ending with this. Still, with the pace this anime's going, I wonder whether it's having the reverse effect of chasing away viewers rather than attracting them.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 03:09   Link #325
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

After my marathon re-viewing of the 7 episodes so far, I think perhaps this is the most entertaining series this season. Yes, even more so than Eden of the East at this point.

What I am even more amazed at is the fact that I care about and immensely enjoy the characters, even though they are largely just stock characters duly delineated into evil/good. Usually, cliche characters drag down a show, but for some reason, the cliche characters in this series have an extra oomph, making them fun.

Maybe it's the odd humor? I think making them eat all the weird foods and eyeballs is a nice touch.

Actually, I'm very pleasantly surprised at how good this show is -- it certainly has exceeded all my expectations.

In addition, I think the animation is first rate. The characters don't blink that much, but at the same time, the animation is candy for the eyes (not as much as Macross Frontier was, but at least the characters have better haircuts in this one). I love the glean and shine they apply to every frame, and hopefully the production values remain at this level throughout the 26 eps. This extra effort is visible in the way the sun shines down on the bright church grounds (thereby establishing the setting succinctly), as well as on the lips, eyes, and cheeks of characters. I also love the color palette, as well as the over-the-top scoring. Overall, everything is just pretty and pleasant to look at. Moreover, the world and story lines created have drawn me in.

I also noticed after my rewatch that there's a lot of mythology and details to the show that I missed the first time around. I have questions and comments on some of these, so I'll just wrap it all in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler for Random Musings and Questions on First 7 Eps.:
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 04:11   Link #326
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

*sorry for DB* :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raa View Post
I find Mikage slightly annoying, he's too stupid for the person he is. How he survived as a slave being that stupid? It doesn't make sense, no?
What exactly about him do you find stupid?

If there is any stupidity, then it's largely due to writers forcing the plot. What looks stupid from a decision-making standpoint is necessary to further the plot. For example, should he really have taken Mikage as hostage during the escape? Should he not have realized that Mikage would be a suspect, making his life so much harder than that of a fugitive? Of course not -- they should have fallen into the plane and escaped together -- but this is not the plot.

But, no, I don't find Teito (I think you mean Teito, not Mikage) annoying. He's just full of angst and unwilling to divulge info because we still have 19 eps. to go, heh.
Old 2009-05-25, 04:31   Link #327
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Shuuri has called Mikage a slave once or twice, that could be where Raa got it from. I don't find Teito annoying, but I can see how some people may find Mikage annoying.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:39   Link #328
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

They were talking about Mikage.

Well...

I like Teito. He's awesome I want to hug him.

Mikage is awesome and funny. Yes, maybe slightly annoying, but I don't feel that annoyed by him. Why am I getting Gino vibes from him? Maybe that's why I don't hate hime. I think he's an even better, sexy version of Gino with a few changes here and there. Gino a meh character. Didn't love him, didn't hate him.

Ayanami is a bastard for what he did D= Okay, he is kind of awesome and sexy, but if he wasn't so mean I'd probably like more. It's the purple that are attractive.

Frau. Lol. Frau is badass. He said my most favorite line.
"May the grace of god be with you, asshole!"
From Vol. 2, Kapitel. 7 Reincarnation.
Frau is awesome and funny. I wouldn't be a fangirl of him, but I have a friend who is.

Castor hasn't really made an impression yet. He's okay.

Labrador looks cute. And he's funny.

Aya's group really hasn't made an impression yet. Kuroyuri is lol. Kind of cute, but not the type I'd fangirl.

Also, they're making Ayanami seem stupid in the anime. I expected him to be smart.

Nothing more really. Lazette/Razette is cute. I can't remember the nun's names.

Oh! Hakuren.
Hm...I haven't seen enough to judge yet.
Old 2009-05-25, 14:51   Link #329
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
1. So I didn't catch this the first time around, but it seems the ax that comes out of Frau's wrist belongs to someone else -- someone who is still alive, as the Kor said. I wonder where and how he got that ax,
Well, I believe it's a scythe actually and I was wondering something along those lines as well. As far as I can remember, even the manga hasn't really explained where it came from or did I miss something?
Oh, I saw a cute Tetio cosplayer this weekend at Animazement! I'd post a picture but she was carrying a very cute pink spoiler...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:06   Link #330
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
are there any groups making yaoi doujinshi's of this series yet? D:
if anyone can name some that do frauxteito then I'd be grateful uugh I hate waiting tomorrow the ball finally starts rolling
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 21:42   Link #331
Aurelie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for About Frau's scythe.:

The only doujinshi I know about is Supreme Sugar, but I don't think there are any pairings.
Old 2009-05-26, 03:08   Link #332
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
Spoiler for About Frau's scythe.:

The only doujinshi I know about is Supreme Sugar, but I don't think there are any pairings.
Supreme sugar is more of a gag doujinshi with Frau being Teito's mom lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 05:42   Link #333
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, I believe it's a scythe actually and I was wondering something along those lines as well. As far as I can remember, even the manga hasn't really explained where it came from or did I miss something?
Oh, I saw a cute Tetio cosplayer this weekend at Animazement! I'd post a picture but she was carrying a very cute pink spoiler...
Spoiler for Scythe:

=O I WANT TO SEE THE REALLY CUTE PINK SPOILER!!!

And Teito =3

That cute pink spoiler is better though.
Old 2009-05-26, 06:01   Link #334
Aurelie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
=O I WANT TO SEE THE REALLY CUTE PINK SPOILER!!!

And Teito =3

That cute pink spoiler is better though.
Will Frau do?
Spoiler for Click the thumbnail to get the full version.:
Old 2009-05-26, 12:38   Link #335
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
Will Frau do?
Spoiler for Click the thumbnail to get the full version.:
UWAH~!!! So CUTE~! <33333333333

I love it so much -glomps-
Old 2009-05-26, 16:30   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Has that eyecatch always been and I just missed it, or did it appear for the first time in #7? Certainly caught my attention.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:17   Link #337
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
There's something about the ED theme that makes me like it so much...must be the soothing starting verses but it always leaves the episode ending on a high

ep 8
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 22:51   Link #338
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
I thought they said the scythe was originally Aya's, or did I misunderstand the question?
From what I have seen so far, in the anime (I have not read the manga) I don't know if it is Aya's, but for sure he knows about the scythe and where it comes from because in the last scene of 7, right after Frau destroys the Kor, it cuts to Aya and he says, "I see. Fascinating." Or something like that.

It would be awesome if these two had history.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:14   Link #339
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I've been curious about the title of this series and manga for a while now. 07-Ghost, with Ghost being singular, seems to imply something like the 7th Ghost. Hmm, I wonder if it means something like the 7th Ghost - who is a specific person? It seems that Teito holds a great mass of power. Frau, Castor and Labrador seems to hold special powers of their own - powers that I don't see the other Bishops show.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:33   Link #340
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^Hmmm, I hadn't really thought of the title that much -- but that makes sense. If so, then the 7th Ghost has to be Mikage -- otherwise it wouldn't really make sense for the main character to not be the title character.

Episode 8 -- WOW! XD

Spoiler for Ep. 8:

Tags
fantasy