AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 12:54   Link #761
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What no Q? Q is like, totally created just for Sheen! 2s CD at LV5 means you'll always have a hefty burst just from your little tumble, add the DPS from W+R and E for stun. I pretty much follow the same build, but start with crystal+pots for early sheen. Cleaver+Stark's=65 total armor reduction at full stacks, so the ArPen from SoD is kinda excess. Phantom edge works wonders on her too, still can't incorporate madred's in a safe build though, I just get it in overkill games.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 13:34   Link #762
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , i think i'll say AZERTY instead of QWERTY , i always mistook Q & W...
Madred maybe , have to try it. If it take Phantom edge , i'll buy Infinite Edge too.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:03   Link #763
Velsy

I wouldnt mind trying her (Vayne). But because I been buying dodge runes... Thats where all my IP has been going. But I content to continue playing Irelia. Maybe when she goes free to play and if I am still playing by then O_o.

I think she seems powerful, but not unkillable.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-05-15 at 16:13.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:09   Link #764
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , as every Carry when focused , they die fast.
What is good for her is her Ulti + Q stealth combo to fear the opponent behind them & then play Hide&Seek with Q ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 17:31   Link #765
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I wouldnt mind trying her (Vayne). But because I been buying dodge runes... Thats where all my IP has been going.
I am having the exact same problem, buying runes takes up so much IP it is hardly possible for me to buy a champ these days.
I spend the last weeks getting together armor penetration runs so I could finally finish my Ashe page. Was buying CDR before that, I still have dodge seals to go as well as better quints. After that armor so I can start making a page for a tank, I always had a page for casters specifically.

After that I can save up for new champs, on my list: jax, mordekaiser, morgana, eve, heimer and vayne as well.

Too bad I end up in elo hell all the time, out of 8 matches I win about 1 and only because on the other team there is someone who dc's all the time or leaves. Other than that I am either stuck with idiots, leavers or lagging people. Last time I had 2 people from Poland I guess, both took 1 lane, talked to each other in their own language, fed and quit. Only co ops once a day for the bonus seems worth it to me right now.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 23:36   Link #766
Velsy

yeah exactly ><

I got my 2nd quintessence dodge rune now.. only to find I should have 9 % dodge in runes, then +2 % in masties, only gives me 10 % ingame. I thought 9 + 2 was 11, but I must be real rusty in my maths to get that wrong. Ima sure theres 1 % missing, considering I paid alot of IP, I want my bang for my buck.

btw, I've never understood was elo ment ?

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-05-16 at 23:56.
Old 2011-05-17, 00:20   Link #767
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Elo is the same as ranking stat.

Btw, the stats in the game is all round down. If it's 10.9%, it will be displayed as 10%, while in reality it's still 10.9%, so you don't have to worry.
Old 2011-05-17, 00:21   Link #768
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Elo is based off of Microsoft's Chess matchmaking system with some modifications, if I remember correctly. Basically, winning or losing ranked games adds to or subtracts from your elo, with the idea that you will eventually play enough games to average your elo out to your true rank. There's some other stuff too, like not playing a ranked game for a couple of weeks causing elo decay and you gaining or losing more elo with your initial games.

Edit: Ah, beaten to it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 02:08   Link #769
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The ELO system isn't really representative of a player's true skill though...suppose my first 8 games have leavers/feeders/trolls on my side and I end up with a W/L of 0/8. Then my ranking would automatically place me in the leavers' queue, placing a good chance of leavers in all my games thereafter.
Quote:
I got my 2nd quintessence dodge rune now.. only to find I should have 9 % dodge in runes, then +2 % in masties, only gives me 10 % ingame. I thought 9 + 2 was 11, but I must be real rusty in my maths to get that wrong. Ima sure theres 1 % missing, considering I paid alot of IP, I want my bang for my buck.
Remember that dodge chance is not additive, i.e. if you get 6 ninja tabi you won't reach 72% dodge. It IS a good investment though, how many times have I tower dived only to miss the kill because of dodge...Question, if I got 100% crit and my opponent has some 45% dodge, can he ever hope to evade a hit of mine?
Old 2011-05-17, 02:57   Link #770
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Elo is the same as ranking stat.

Btw, the stats in the game is all round down. If it's 10.9%, it will be displayed as 10%, while in reality it's still 10.9%, so you don't have to worry.
Still sorta confuzzed... all my runes add up to exacly 9 %..... Are you meaning that 9 is a false number and its really 8.99 ? or something like that. But then that cant be true... 8 x 0.75 = 6 , then 2 x 1.5 = 3. So 3 and 6 are 9 then plus the 2 % in masteries should equal 11 %
Old 2011-05-17, 05:12   Link #771
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Still sorta confuzzed... all my runes add up to exacly 9 %..... Are you meaning that 9 is a false number and its really 8.99 ? or something like that. But then that cant be true... 8 x 0.75 = 6 , then 2 x 1.5 = 3. So 3 and 6 are 9 then plus the 2 % in masteries should equal 11 %
Then I don't really know. Could I have a screenshot at your rune page and your in-game stats screen?
Old 2011-05-17, 05:32   Link #772
Velsy

I did an experiment and found where the problem is

I redid my masteries and only put 2 points in evasion (which is 1 %) and played and it remained at 10 %. So its something to do with the masteries. So I posted on the support forum and hopefully I get solution to why 4 points in evasion isnt working.

Also I been thinking for my Gyphs, if I should do Attack speed, Cool down reduction or Magic Resist

Currently have
Mark - Armor piecing
Seals - Dodge
Quintessence - Dodge
Gryphs - ???

Any advice from those 3 ?
I'd normally consider mana regeneration, but on the odd case I play a champion with no mana.... it be a waste.
Old 2011-05-17, 11:56   Link #773
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Almost everyone I know uses MR/lvl or flat CDR glyphs. Back before the big nerf, mp5 glyphs were popular too, but now they're hardly worth it.
Old 2011-05-17, 14:37   Link #774
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Flat CDR? I don't know about that, considering he's using CDR marks. It depends on the character. I would never take it with Ashe for example.

That being said, I use HP and Arpen Quints, so...
Old 2011-05-17, 15:11   Link #775
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Flat CDR? I don't know about that, considering he's using CDR marks. It depends on the character. I would never take it with Ashe for example.
Why did I think he's got ArPen marks?
Quote:
Currently have
Mark - Armor piecing
Anyways, MR/lvl is a safe bet for any and all champions, since most just have 30 MR from levels 1 to 18. Cheap stuff too
Old 2011-05-17, 17:55   Link #776
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Why did I think he's got ArPen marks?

Anyways, MR/lvl is a safe bet for any and all champions, since most just have 30 MR from levels 1 to 18. Cheap stuff too
My bad, I meant to say Arpen marks.
I do agree with the MR/level thing though.
Old 2011-05-18, 01:37   Link #777
Velsy

Thanks for the input... oh and yeah Armor Penatration (I tend to think of it as Armor Peicing, but its the same thing)

Well going to Narrow it down to cool down reduction and magic resist. Because I normally get sheen after my ghost blade... faster cooldowns is a plus. But do I get the .65 % flat ones or the .9 % at level 18 ones. Still considering magic resist like already suggested.
Old 2011-05-18, 01:56   Link #778
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If you want to buy CDR runes, flat ones are usually the ones I see suggested, because you need the CDR early-game to harass or support more. Some champions could use cdr/lvl, for example...masteries + flat runes give you 14.85% CDR, suppose you are Zilean (very CDR dependent) and buy a morello's evil tome, at which point you'll have 34.85% which is sufficient to pull an endless chain of LV5 rewind and LV3 time skip, but until you skill them so, you need LV15, at which point CDR/lvl>flat CDR.
On the other hand, using the same champion as example: Zilean's cooldowns are tough, 10 seconds being the shortest one. As a support champion, you need to have your skills ready ASAP to enable or avoid ganks and control teamfights. Many people don't take this into account and charge right in while I still need some 8 seconds to CD, so in this case flat runes would be better since they are more efficient until LV14, at which point people have broken one or two turrets and are jungle chasing.

Tl;dr: personally I think flat>scaling ones, the champions who absolutely neeeed 40% CDR are few, and even among them, some itemize most of it.
Old 2011-05-18, 03:41   Link #779
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Why there are so many noobs in ranked game, it's really annoying.
I go 1754 ELO to 1579 due to feeders, afkers (really boring), leavers ( o_O), and troll... I'm really tired. This morning, I launch a ranked game: 1 leaver. Another game: 1 AFK. Great!!! I love free lose!
Next game: TROLL, he go free killed because someone says he was an idiot. I hope these idiots will get banned on day, I'm really frustrated!

I will buy Vayne to see if she's OP or not! I saw a lot of people who play her and she looks cool.
Old 2011-05-18, 08:39   Link #780
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Why there are so many noobs in ranked game, it's really annoying.
I go 1754 ELO to 1579 due to feeders, afkers (really boring), leavers ( o_O), and troll... I'm really tired. This morning, I launch a ranked game: 1 leaver. Another game: 1 AFK. Great!!! I love free lose!
Next game: TROLL, he go free killed because someone says he was an idiot. I hope these idiots will get banned on day, I'm really frustrated!

I will buy Vayne to see if she's OP or not! I saw a lot of people who play her and she looks cool.
Normal games are far worse imo. At least when people play ranked they usually won't start picking a fight over who goes to top or bottom, why there are FOUR BLOODY CARRIES IN A TEAM, and I remember back when GP could still deny, people would say "don't kill the soldier minions, omgeeeee!". Ranked may not be too far away, but it's somewhat more peaceful, as long as nobody asks what elo you are.
Vayne's ok. Not weak but certainly fragile and nothing you can't counter if she's fed. Then again, a pro Vayne will snipe you in the jungle and you won't see a thing.

Tags
league of legends, lol