AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-13, 09:38   Link #61
sayde

Some people assume it might be because injecting past memories of beings directly can take time for the effects to fully set in (as was the case with Orihime). So it might not be practical to use during a battle. I don't know how true that is though.
Old 2011-11-13, 16:58   Link #62
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Byakuya has no memory of training with Tsukishima. You can see that when Byakuya asks Tsukishima where he heard the term "no-damage range". Tsukishima points out that he heard it from Bya himself when they trained together.

Tsukishima's powers don't actually change the past, but kind of create an alternate past that he can apply to whoever he cuts and it seems like he can choose whether or not his victims have memories of the past he creates. In this case, it looks like he didn't change Bya's memory but still used the knowledge he gained from inserting himself in his past.
not quite...he doesn't create an alternate past. He overwrites the people in your past. Once he's in your memories, he can pick and choose whom he wants to replace.
With Orihime he replaced Ichigo and Sora

He doesn't change anything--he merely inserts himself in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
One thing...

Why didn't simply Trollichama made Byakuya his friend upon cutting him, only to slice of his head when his guard was down?
I am assuming that it doesn't take effect right away...although I found it odd when Byakuya asked him about "training" as though he was starting to believe they had trained together

Also, Byakuya would have killed his sister that he loved...he'd fight a friend too.

Looking at old chapters today made me realize that Tsukishima's powers are a lot like Grandfisher

He used on hand to look into your memories and then created the person you'd be weak against with his other hand
Old 2011-11-13, 20:57   Link #63
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyways, to remain on-topic, what do you guys think happened to Rukia? I'm kinda expecting her to be taken over by Riruka or otherwise "stored" in some manner.
Yeah, probably. Her main two powers seem to be changing the size of things and transporting bodies to other objects so either she shrunk down to microscopic size and hid or she transported herself in Rukia's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
not quite...he doesn't create an alternate past. He overwrites the people in your past. Once he's in your memories, he can pick and choose whom he wants to replace.
With Orihime he replaced Ichigo and Sora
He doesn't change anything--he merely inserts himself in it
Right, except it's broader than that. Yeah, Tsukishima's ability allows him to replace other people with himself in memories, but he's not limited to replacing memories. He can use his abilities on inanimate objects too, which don't have conscious memories to replace. He was able to set the trap for Bya not by replacing a memory, but by making it so he actually did visit the place they were fighting in the past (well, "a" past is probably more accurate here)

When Tsukishima inserts himself in the past, he basically creates a separate past, one that's only "real" for himself and whatever he cuts--everything else remains unaffected. When he cut Bya, he created a past where he and Bya trained together, but the original past still exists, which is why Bya can still remember training alone.

But now that Tsukishima's defeated, everything probably goes back to normal like Ginjou said. Probably.

Old 2011-11-14, 00:57   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

It doesn't make sense. Like a lot of things in Bleach.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:45   Link #65
AvalonCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This^ nuff said

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-11-14, 18:20   Link #66
White Silver King
The Isley

I'm looking forward to Riruka/Rukia. I've been hoping Riruka doesn't just possess Rukia like some are speculating (who would she fight?) but instead "permits" herself into Rukia's inner world. I wanna see Sode no Shirayuki freeze her ass for trespassing.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:04   Link #67
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Like a lot of things in fantasy

That said, Kubo could really take a cue from Togashi when it comes to explaining how these things work. HunterXHunter has a lot of characters whose abilities are flat-out nonsense. But the explanation of their powers is so detailed that it ends up sounding downright academic.

Old 2011-11-15, 04:42   Link #68
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I've been hoping Riruka doesn't just possess Rukia like some are speculating (who would she fight?)
She'd go over to Ichigo and betray Ginjou, having a mighty Ichiruki combo that is secretly Riruka's fangirlism
Quote:
HunterXHunter has a lot of characters whose abilities are flat-out nonsense. But the explanation of their powers is so detailed that it ends up sounding downright academic.
There really are limits though...for example, in air gear, OG! goes to great lengths to explain supernatural effects with a strictly scientific premise, but in the end you still got kids creating snowstorms and vacuum space with their roller skates
Old 2011-11-15, 04:58   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Riruka's only fangirlism is with Orihime, and Orihime alone (she caved so easily at the donut scene ).
Old 2011-11-15, 14:57   Link #70
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

They'll probably all ending dying... the bad guys that is.. or even if they do survive.. you'll never find out what happens to them afterwards. Kubo is dumb and lazy like that.. characters tend to just disappear and you never hear from them again..

Still annoyed that he didn't do anything about Niel >:|..
Old 2011-11-15, 15:50   Link #71
Xagzan

Quote:
Riruka's only fangirlism is with Orihime, and Orihime alone (she caved so easily at the donut scene ).
I'm still hoping Riruka has some good development. She's one of the very few things I've really liked about this arc in general. But knowing Kubo, she'll go completely to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
Still annoyed that he didn't do anything about Niel >:|..
Amen. My favorite Bleach female character got put on a bus without even a proper goodbye.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:17   Link #72
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm still hoping Riruka has some good development. She's one of the very few things I've really liked about this arc in general. But knowing Kubo, she'll go completely to waste.

Amen. My favorite Bleach female character got put on a bus without even a proper goodbye.

I really hope so! Maybe Kubo will have a change of heart and actually do SOMETHING.. Rukia came back though at least. If she hadn't then I would of probably quit reading Bleach after this arc haha

Nell's up there on my list even though she wasn't really there for that long. He does that with too many characters....
Old 2011-11-16, 07:03   Link #73
sayde

The thread for chapter 473 has been created here. So please keep relevant discussion regarding the next chapter within its appropriate thread.
Closed Thread