AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 04:05   Link #1
YGY818
Inactive Member

Angry Ikkitousen

What happened to this anime. Why isnt it up for downloads anymore.
YGY818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 04:17   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I've moved this thread. Does that answer the question?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 05:54   Link #3
gmackenz

Bet you now know what happened See the animenewsnetwork site: LICENSED!

Too bad it happened right before the last subtitled show, the finale of EP 13. Don't worry, as with almost every short (12-13 episode) anime series, the ending totally sucked

I guess they needed somehow end the show as the manga must be no where near finished and the producers probably had to cobble together a real mish-mash. I've only started watching japanese anime shows in the past two years, and I've seen enough to dread the final episode of almost every series I've watched (Azumanga Daioh, Kiddy Grade, Ai Yori Aoshi and Fruits Basket being pretty much the sole exceptions). It's a shame, almost a crime one would hope, the mangling of endings.

Sheesh, the last 5-7 minutes was the worst! They rushed to "tie" up loose ends and made it very confusing to people who might have really thought they were following along the show somewhat closely. Whenever a show requires a montage with a voice-over to "tell" us what's going to happen and who's what and what's going to happen next...Watch out and hold your noses!
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 07:02   Link #4
beanieboy007

an unfortunate event of licencing.

however, it is sopposed to be released in early-mid 2004, so not a bad turn-around.
beanieboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 10:43   Link #5
aquilus
Dismember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmackenz
Too bad it happened right before the last subtitled show, the finale of EP 13. Don't worry, as with almost every short (12-13 episode) anime series, the ending totally sucked
Alas, alas, true. If one desperately wants to see the last episode, it can probably be aquired with even less legal means...but the same applies to pretty much anything.
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 16:58   Link #6
nojevo

ikkitousen licensed ROFLMAO! this is really a sad year for anime industry in the states. First divergance eve and now this. There are much better shows to license but they end up taking something not worth wasting 30 bucks for a dvd. It seems that mainstream anime watchers wants a lot of boobies and fanservice.
nojevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 18:00   Link #7
Akiace

This is shocking! I don't know it's licensed at all!! And with only one more episode to go!!!! I never thought this series would ever get licensed.
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 21:14   Link #8
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
This is shocking! I don't know it's licensed at all!! And with only one more episode to go!!!! I never thought this series would ever get licensed.
Well I did release the subb for episode 13 however I had to remove it as soon as it was lisenced, if your lucky you might be able to find a copy on direct connect or kazaa.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 23:10   Link #9
gmackenz

Don't worry about that last episode...Like I stated earlier...Very stinky mess 'o' stuff not really worth your time, even if you did "like" this show for the first 12 episodes.

I wish Stellvia was licensed, not this, and certainly NOT Divergence Eve...Ugh.

Back to the better shows...

P.S. I have to say it was the most curious thing to go to the official web site for Ikki-T and see for each episode a "Special Shot of the Episode!" of a portion of female anatomy in up close and personal...Fan service to a whole new level. So this was a "historical" anime huh
Old 2003-11-05, 08:41   Link #10
Hast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmackenz
P.S. I have to say it was the most curious thing to go to the official web site for Ikki-T and see for each episode a "Special Shot of the Episode!" of a portion of female anatomy in up close and personal...Fan service to a whole new level. So this was a "historical" anime huh
Heh, that was a funny page. I like that they made three "recommended" shots for each episode as well. Too bad I don't know enough japanese to read the comments. :-)
Hast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 02:07   Link #11
7thMethuselah

can anyone tell me what happened in that last episode?
I just wanna know what the ending was ...

Aargh couldn't they wait to license it a week or two longer
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 02:32   Link #12
Akiace

yeah, can someone provide the spoiler to the ending? How bad can it get?
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 08:34   Link #13
Wolfwood2970

wow im real sad that ikkitousen got licenced.... NOT

man this anime was really really just based on sex appeal and such

Like in the anime randomly clothes would be tourn off by a punch and at random times she'd just be in weird positions saying weird things

oh well anyways im not a big fan of this after watching episode 6 (i was expecting it to get better cuz of course i dont judge an anime in like 3 eps) I was greatly dissapointed at the lack of everything
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 13:08   Link #14
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
heh yeah it was licensed. the manga is going to be called Battle Vixens (crap!) by tokyopop.

It actually wasnt a bad series despite the fanservice (i liked it *grin*). the story i thought was neat.
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 23:33   Link #15
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojevo
ikkitousen licensed ROFLMAO! this is really a sad year for anime industry in the states. First divergance eve and now this. There are much better shows to license but they end up taking something not worth wasting 30 bucks for a dvd. It seems that mainstream anime watchers wants a lot of boobies and fanservice.
Well, they did license Mouse. That has to tell you some of the quality lincenses out there. My guess is it's probably cheap, so companies are probably like, meh, can't be any harm in doing it.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 14:10   Link #16
gmackenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
yeah, can someone provide the spoiler to the ending? How bad can it get?
Well, extremely lame in my opinion

Here's my muddled take on the mess:

I no longer have the show, and it is blissfully fading in memory.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-10, 14:40   Link #17
7thMethuselah

doomo arigato gozaimasu!

at least i know how it ends
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 22:48   Link #18
kamij0

man .. that was a bad ending ...
luckily i never watch
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 00:03   Link #19
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
man .. that was a bad ending ...
luckily i never watch
IMO, the ending wasn't that bad. It's just the story has never been better since the beginning
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 03:20   Link #20
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

I'm also astonished at the crap that's getting licensed this season. Really, I have to laugh - in the race to pre-license stuff sight-unseen, it seems the distributors are really picking up some steaming hunks of cabbit droppings.

I remember starting a joke thread awhile back saying their maybe some U.S. studios are watching this board - so instead of raving about stuff we like (and having it licensed before complete), we should use reverse psychology and be saying stuff "Gee, I hope they license *Mouse* instead of that boring Scrapped Princess - *Mouse* is so kewl!" (SP was still airing then). Now I'm beginning to wonder if it actually worked!
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi