AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 15:44   Link #241
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubdevoid
I tried getting my PS2 to play import games using that disc magic and one of those special cases, now my reset button doesn't work and the blue light never comes on. DO NOT TRY IT!
Anyway, at least I can still play PES, still got my GC and Naruto Gektou Ninja Taisen 2.
I did it myself and I barely needed a manual.. but yeah I guess you need to be very easy on your hands and stuff. Experience with building a computer (not just adding a harddrive or two, I mean on a deeper level) is very much recommended or you'll end up like ubdevoid, who I pity a lot might I add.

Quote:
Abazou, what's the default button layout for the NGC verison?
I'll steal this question:

Control Stick (don't know if the digital cross works too): move
A: Special Moves and Weapons
B: Ordinary Hits (mixed with the A button for great combos)
Y: Throw
X: Super Special Move (used when full on chakra)
L/R: Sidestep, or Kawarimi if you press it all the way in and have like 70% chakra
Z: Switch target in matches where you have more than 1 opponent

Sounds childishly easy I know, but trust me these controls are pretty neat in battle :]
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:42   Link #242
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
I did it myself and I barely needed a manual.. but yeah I guess you need to be very easy on your hands and stuff. Experience with building a computer (not just adding a harddrive or two, I mean on a deeper level) is very much recommended or you'll end up like ubdevoid, who I pity a lot might I add.

I'll steal this question:

Control Stick (don't know if the digital cross works too): move
A: Special Moves and Weapons
B: Ordinary Hits (mixed with the A button for great combos)
Y: Throw
X: Super Special Move (used when full on chakra)
L/R: Sidestep, or Kawarimi if you press it all the way in and have like 70% chakra
Z: Switch target in matches where you have more than 1 opponent

Sounds childishly easy I know, but trust me these controls are pretty neat in battle :]

Yes, the digital cross works too. Actually i play with it.
Old 2004-05-05, 23:30   Link #243
donna8157

yeah, I got this game. Hehe .. the Gamecube version of course, but after I got it I heard that they had released a PS2 version of the game and with Naruto you can actually summon Gamabunta! That's crazy! And plus you can interact with the environment like standing on the trees and stuff.

Sigh.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 08:19   Link #244
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I always steer clear of the digital cross in pretty much all games, I dunno why :P

The ps2 game is so incredibly stiff, and you have like 2 combos on every character... the jutsu are like doing summons in ff8.. don't expect summoning gamabunta in the middle of the action, it's like a cutscene.
Old 2004-05-06, 08:44   Link #245
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Any 3D fighting game is masher friendly.

Virtual FIghter isn't......
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 12:30   Link #246
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
I always steer clear of the digital cross in pretty much all games, I dunno why :P

The ps2 game is so incredibly stiff, and you have like 2 combos on every character... the jutsu are like doing summons in ff8.. don't expect summoning gamabunta in the middle of the action, it's like a cutscene.

Exactly gameplay wise the GameCube version rules them all, the PS2 Naruto only have some flashy cutscenes for the specials and summons. But not real deep gameplay.
Old 2004-05-06, 12:52   Link #247
pnoy_kakashi

ahh some of those videos.. dont work man.!! i wanna sseee kakashi... lol vs sakura... omg i feel sorry for naruto vs neiji.. Neiji did a 70 hit combo! omg.. reminds me of marvel vs. cap. LOL
pnoy_kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 15:07   Link #248
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
I was finally able to play both the GC and PS2 games

1. I hate the GC game, plays like Bloody Roar lite, was pretty easy. I guess its a cool game if you have friends over, and even then it gets pretty boring to me. Would have done much better as a SSB/Powerstone type game.

2. PS2 game, It was ok, the "cutscenes" you talk about actually take skill to do, you just don't sit back and watch, you have to input buttons as well. After a while, the novelty of the cutscenes wear-off. The general gameplay is pretty fun, reminds me alot of powerstone. I like the countering. So far my friend and I have been able to counter each other for a minute 2 seconds, before one of us messes up and gets owned.

Overall I give the GC 3/5
PS2 3.5/5
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 15:50   Link #249
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
because its newer ^_^

they better make another naruto game for ps2 *shakes fist violently*

12 is the TOTAL characters in naruto for ps2 right?

and im curious about this to:

Spoiler:
Spoilerized to be on the safe side.

Spoiler:
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 00:44   Link #250
Ogata
Underling

sigh... 90 bucks to get the entire package is it worth it?
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 03:00   Link #251
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

about Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 for the GameCube

this game is fun... that's all you need to know... I have had this game since December... and I still play quite often with my friends... it's not the world's greatest fighting game... by that I mean it's not a deep as Tekken or Street Fighter... but the gamecube Naruto 2 is a really fun game... one on one or multiplayer action... the game always feels fast and there are nice looking moves/models... it is very easy to learn... a small child can play this game... but once u master it... it becomes even more fun... imo... it is worth it.....
Old 2004-05-07, 06:45   Link #252
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogata
sigh... 90 bucks to get the entire package is it worth it?
If you got friends that love Naruto anime and fighting games then you'll be playing this game till 2006 or so.
Old 2004-05-07, 09:09   Link #253
csnyder

See its hard to say which Naruto game is better then the other for the fact being that they all have there pluses and minus to them. The one thing that i like the most about the Gamecube is the fact that the replacement is so much easier to do but on the counterside that is what makes the PS2 version different. i think in all ultimate if they would mix and match the 2 games they would own all games ever made. If you add the charka style from the PS2 and then keep the replacement the same, with the special from the PS2, because the specials are cool in the ps2 cause you did things to keep urself busy while at the same time having fun beating the living day lights out of them. overall the ps2 version is fun for 2 or 3 people while the gamecube is better for 3+ people. (Reason for the gamecube being a 3+ is me and most of my friends have mastered each one we litterly go through random selection just so we can maybe have a worthwhile match)
csnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:17   Link #254
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnyder
See its hard to say which Naruto game is better then the other for the fact being that they all have there pluses and minus to them. The one thing that i like the most about the Gamecube is the fact that the replacement is so much easier to do but on the counterside that is what makes the PS2 version different. i think in all ultimate if they would mix and match the 2 games they would own all games ever made. If you add the charka style from the PS2 and then keep the replacement the same, with the special from the PS2, because the specials are cool in the ps2 cause you did things to keep urself busy while at the same time having fun beating the living day lights out of them. overall the ps2 version is fun for 2 or 3 people while the gamecube is better for 3+ people. (Reason for the gamecube being a 3+ is me and most of my friends have mastered each one we litterly go through random selection just so we can maybe have a worthwhile match)

I sure would like to take you and your friends for 1 on 1 matches. I'm a Naruto legend
Old 2004-05-07, 22:31   Link #255
Eemee

I have that game, I love it! I have all of the characters~ Orochimaru is OBVIOUSLY my favorite. D:
Eemee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 06:58   Link #256
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemee
I have that game, I love it! I have all of the characters~ Orochimaru is OBVIOUSLY my favorite. D:
Ya if his special hits right, then the match is yours. No more chakra baby.
Old 2004-05-08, 07:31   Link #257
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

The graphics look great, and no doubt the gameplay is too, but as far as I see, it doesn't really add something new to the whole thing, It's just the whole anime, but then playable. this is of course no problem at all for much people and even I, being very cocky about this kind of things, don't mind it that much. It doesn't drag the game down for me, but it feels like the creators have missed a great opportunity to make a fabulous game. I would seriously consider buying it if every character actually had all kinds of special abilities we have never seen... this game is (again: as far as I've seen, I may be totally wrong) quite the opposite of that. look at Shikamru's attack... do I have to say more? how predictable was that?? I'm almost surprised he doesn't have s special attack where suddenly two holes appear in the floor and he catches you from behind with his shadow...that's just my opinion... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Kabuto Maniac; 2004-05-08 at 07:46.
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:03   Link #258
FreakyEyes

Damn I just can't wait. I ordered on monday, so it's no wonder it hasn't still come, but anyways... I've downloaded all those videos abazou put here, great thanks for him and A Lamer for hosting.
I have to agree that Shikamaru's special in the game is just stupid. So he summons a wall so he can hit his opponent's head to it Very clever. But the game seems so fan-pleasing, moves are mainly fantastic and there is most of the most important characters (and few more). Even most of the jutsus are here.
There are however few things I just can't understand: Why there is some so useless characters (like Mizuki, Akamaru and Karasu) but no Shino, Tenten or Temari? Bad thing, bad.
By the way are shurikens/kunais/ranged weapons useless in the game because no one uses them in those videos? Except Haku uses his needles...
I'm sure I had more questions, but I'm suffering from dementia

EDIT: I am blind or something? Sharingan no Sasuke uses lots of shurikens when fightung against Lee in that video

Last edited by FreakyEyes; 2004-05-09 at 04:35.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 09:29   Link #259
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
Damn I just can't wait. I ordered on monday, so it's no wonder it hasn't still come, but anyways... I've downloaded all those videos abazou put here, great thanks for him and A Lamer for hosting.
I have to agree that Shikamaru's special in the game is just stupid. So he summons a wall so he can hit his opponent's head to it Very clever. But the game seems so fan-pleasing, moves are mainly fantastic and there is most of the most important characters (and few more). Even most of the jutsus are here.
There are however few things I just can't understand: Why there is some so useless characters (like Mizuki, Akamaru and Karasu) but no Shino, Tenten or Temari? Bad thing, bad.
By the way are shurikens/kunais/ranged weapons useless in the game because no one uses them in those videos? Except Haku uses his needles...
I'm sure I had more questions, but I'm suffering from dementia
I agree with this guy on... everything (except that the game is worth buying..). indeed, it is a shame if it's true that there's no Temari and tenten (maybe no Temari cos' the fan was too hard to do, and as they have no weapons, why have a Tenten then??). and shino rocks like hell! he just HAS to be in it! (or his father, I'm cool with that too..). indeed, no kunais is a shame. and, something I impolitely forgot to mention; great thanks to A Lamer for hosting and to the creator of the thread for making it . last point: I can't get the BitTorrnet download to work (infinitely connecting to peers), along with a few other files (haven't been able to see Sasuke-Sahringan-mode yet )
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 21:23   Link #260
Kidd
SD Translator

Actually methinks it's great they don't make up stuff for this game series, it stays really true to the anime.

On the issue of characters, the answer is probably quite simple... not a whole lot of new characters will be introduced between the release of Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 and 3, so they skipped putting some characters into 2 so they can be new in 3. That's what I think anyway. I so have to perfect playing as Tenten if she's in the 3rd game whenever it comes :P

btw kunai are far from useless, I use them all the time. It's just that they don't really do that much damage, so using them is more about cancelling enemy attacks and sometimes getting an extra free hit. Also, they're a great way to break out of enemy combos that bring you into the air, since throwing them in the air is so incredibly fast (this is very vital info when playing against Kyuubi no Naruto.. but remember that Mizuki -can't- beat Kyuubi no Naruto unless the Naruto player screws up completely... there is nothing Mizuki can do on the ground that is faster than Kyuubi no Naruto's attacks and he can't throw his shuriken fast enough when brought into the air either).