AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-22, 22:44   Link #261
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, its which ever end suits your fancy. Besides, there is no they, so they won't be changing anything. Maeda and Kashida both dictated the additional scenarios for Tomoyo After PS2 re-release. So all the changes (or more precisely, add-ons) were the result of Maeda & Kahsinda's decision.

Although keep in mind that the 2005 version of Tomoyo After is no longer being produced. All the adaptations and re-releases will now be based on the extra scenario sans the H content version first released for the Playstation 2, making it all-ages. The PSP and PC re-releases will now include extra scenarios, both the sad ending and the happy ending in addition to Tomoya being fully voiced. Likewise, Planetarian will also include a fully voiced protagonist.

However, the original Clannad, Air & Kanon for PC, which will be re-released alongside Planetarian & Tomoyo After all-ages with KEY's memorial box, will not include a fully-voiced protagonist. Unless something changes along the way, as the release date is still 3 months away.

- Tak
Oh I had thought KEY's head went ahead and did the change not really consulting Maeda. I hope if they have the anime they keep the original ending. So they are extra not really directly saying the happy ending is the actual forcing you to play through it?
Old 2009-04-22, 23:06   Link #262
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Oh I had thought KEY's head went ahead and did the change not really consulting Maeda. I hope if they have the anime they keep the original ending. So they are extra not really directly saying the happy ending is the actual forcing you to play through it?
There were no interference from other members of KEY. Again, its Maeda's decision to alter the game in ways he deemed necessary.

Although unlike you, if they do have an anime on Tomoyo After, I'd prefer they go the Playstation 2 route. I am not keen on seeing a certain somebody being made a martyr, that and Tomoyo in Tomoyo After suffered just as much as Tomoya did in Clannad After Story, if not more so.

On the other hand, the happy ending alongside the original are both choices available to the player depending on the route they choose. But I guess Maeda wasn't satisfied with the original 2005 release, thus all the re-releases will now use the PS2 version as a basis.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-22 at 23:19.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:08   Link #263
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I thought it didn't really matter how the game ends considering as long as the H-scenes are still intact......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:23   Link #264
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

hah...? Of course there weren't included. The ero scenes were pretty bad, but the cosplay instead weren't any better either.

And as for the PS2 decision, I could read before that it was because of the usual Kagikko being overly "outraged" by the "end" of TA, and Maeda was mainly forced to tailor it differently.
In fact, it seems the change wasn't exactly justified so heh.
Old 2009-04-27, 18:07   Link #265
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And as for the PS2 decision, I could read before that it was because of the usual Kagikko being overly "outraged" by the "end" of TA, and Maeda was mainly forced to tailor it differently.
In fact, it seems the change wasn't exactly justified so heh.
Aside from ridding the H-scenes, Maeda didn't really change the original plot. He certainly expanded the possibilities, that is all. He did not change the ending, he simply added another one for players to choose from.

Hell, this is the guy who gave us Kanon & Clannad, with each involving heavy doses of deus-ex-machina, miracles, and most importantly, hope. I was utterly surprised at my first run of Tomoyo After on PC that it did not include any of his trademarks.

But, sure, if you have a morbid fascination for watching Tomoya die, you can still access the PC-version ending.

Though, to tell you the truth, even if the h scenes were sub-par, I can believe that Tomotomo had sex. As for TomoNagi... I am a bit iffy about that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-28 at 01:13.
Old 2009-04-27, 18:13   Link #266
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Though, to tell you the truth, even if the h scenes were sub-par, I can believe that Tomotomo had sex. As for TomoNagi... I am a bit iffy about that.

- Tak
I guess Tomoya was just being gentle Besides, there are times when you get a different person once they're in the mood

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-27, 18:19   Link #267
Tak

I am not worried about Tomoya, I am worried about Nagisa. I am just not convinced that she has the body to withstand that kind of punishment.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-27, 20:37   Link #268
DeX-kun

Quote:
I am not worried about Tomoya, I am worried about Nagisa. I am just not convinced that she has the body to withstand that kind of punishment.

- Tak
Actually, I was referring to Nagisa throughout my last statement >_> Either Tomoya was being gentle with her as to not harm her or Nagisa becomes a different person once in the mood

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-29, 14:10   Link #269
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Either Tomoya was being gentle with her as to not harm her or Nagisa becomes a different person once in the mood
Well we have seen what booze does to her mood, so that's not really all that implausible when you think about it. Besides, isn't it usually the quiet ones that tend to be pretty voracious in that regard?
Old 2009-04-29, 16:38   Link #270
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Well we have seen what booze does to her mood, so that's not really all that implausible when you think about it. Besides, isn't it usually the quiet ones that tend to be pretty voracious in that regard?
We seem to be on the right page here. I remember quite well what happens to Nagisa when influenced by alcohol...she seems to get quite...*ahem* touchy for lack of a better word

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-05-03, 16:03   Link #271
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Please tell me this is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lB826DYDA
(Isshiki Hikaru?! YES!!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-05-03, 16:08   Link #272
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

(Isshiki Hikaru?! YES!!)
A translation would help I have no idea what this is, all I see is Tomoya and Tomoyo talking but I don't know what they're talking about Besides, this looks like it's fan-made video...

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-05-03, 16:12   Link #273
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
A translation would help I have no idea what this is, all I see is Tomoya and Tomoyo talking but I don't know what they're talking about
Oh, (from guess work and from previous playing of Tomoyo after)

Spoiler for spoiler for conversation?:

I find it funny where they zoomed in on the cast on 1:41, saying that Tomoyo's seiyuu is Isshiki Hikaru (the original eroge seiyuu for Tomoyo after PC/PS2 ver, woot!). It's like Kyoto Animation wanted to explicitly indicate that.

Old 2009-05-03, 16:42   Link #274
Tak

Quote:

(Isshiki Hikaru?! YES!!)
No, that is unfortunately a purely fan-made production. The original VAs are not used and that is not Isshiki's voice.

The title is explicitly clear, its an attempt to animate Tomoyo After to celebrate the release of Tomoyo After PSP edition.

As for triangles, the closest rival Tomoyo would have in love is Kyou, and I for one always wanted to see them duke it out.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-03, 17:45   Link #275
blitz1/2

Quote:
No, that is unfortunately a purely fan-made production. The original VAs are not used and that is not Isshiki's voice.

The title is explicitly clear, its an attempt to animate Tomoyo After to celebrate the release of Tomoyo After PSP edition.

As for triangles, the closest rival Tomoyo would have in love is Kyou, and I for one always wanted to see them duke it out.

- Tak
Where was it said that it was fanmade? Did I miss something?

And yes, that is both Yuuichi Nakamura and Isshiki's voice as Tomoyo in that clip. (maybe you are right for PSP since I didn't play it yet) (I recognise Tomoyo's voice in the clip, it is NOT houko, I am sure others can support my statement)

Old 2009-05-03, 18:12   Link #276
Tak

Quote:
Where was it said that it was fanmade? Did I miss something?
Er, it says quite explicitly in the video's title, disclaimer, and the user description:

動画作るのは2回目です。智代アフターPSP版発売を記念して少しアニメ化してみました。朋也の声も手に入りましたしね。まぁア ニメ化するなら智代視点で展開していっても面白いでしょうが。そのうちちょっと色塗ってみようかなぁなんて 思ってます。たぶんベ タ塗りですけど。

Although upon closer inspection, that might be Isshiki's voice, but I don't think thats Nakamura's voice as Tomoya.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-03, 18:19   Link #277
blitz1/2

Quote:
Er, it says quite explicitly in the video's title, disclaimer, and the user description:

動画作るのは2回目です。智代アフターPSP版発売を記念して少しアニメ化してみました。朋也の声も手に入りましたしね。まぁア ニメ化するなら智代視点で展開していっても面白いでしょうが。そのうちちょっと色塗ってみようかなぁなんて 思ってます。たぶんベ タ塗りですけど。

Although upon closer inspection, that might be Isshiki's voice, but I don't think thats Nakamura's voice as Tomoya.

- Tak
ummm, I can't read that. (I am japanese illiterate)

Old 2009-05-03, 18:22   Link #278
Tak

Quote:
ummm, I can't read that. (I am japanese illiterate)
Well, you asked where it said it was fan-made. So I showed you.

動画作るのは2回目です。智代アフターPSP版発売を記念して少しアニメ化してみました。

This is my 2nd time making an animation. I have decided to make a short anime in celebration of Tomoyo After PSP edition.

On the video's disclaimer, its asking the viewers to overlook the fact that its an amateur production.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-04, 01:19   Link #279
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Well nonetheless, it's very impressive. O.O
Old 2009-05-04, 20:06   Link #280
Seitsuki
Onee!

theres gonna be a psp edition? o.o