AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 12:49   Link #3081
Ashaman

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the possibility of a valentine's side chapter yet.
Old 2012-02-06, 06:11   Link #3082
Marty17
Like What You Hate

As a heads up, Godly colouring has produced images of Tear & Rito's aftermath of teleporting.
Old 2012-02-06, 06:33   Link #3083
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the possibility of a valentine's side chapter yet.
Ah, that's true enough actually. At the very least, there may be a valentine-theme cover with the featured girl for this coming quarterly chapter, don't think it'll go any further than that since there were those Yui chapters back in the original series. Add this plus Yabuki's reluctancy to moving the series beyond a year and well... yeah, it's likely not happening.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:54   Link #3084
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
Ah, that's true enough actually. At the very least, there may be a valentine-theme cover with the featured girl for this coming quarterly chapter, don't think it'll go any further than that since there were those Yui chapters back in the original series. Add this plus Yabuki's reluctancy to moving the series beyond a year and well... yeah, it's likely not happening.
what do you mean his reluctancty to moving the series beyond a year?

You mean not aging the characters in the manga, not in like he is quiting darkness soon right?

Also do people really pay attention to that crap. When it comes to stories like this I toss it into the Simpsons file where there coudl be 100 valentines and it wouldn't bother me.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:06   Link #3085
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
what do you mean his reluctancty to moving the series beyond a year?

You mean not aging the characters in the manga, not in like he is quiting darkness soon right?

Also do people really pay attention to that crap. When it comes to stories like this I toss it into the Simpsons file where there coudl be 100 valentines and it wouldn't bother me.
I forgot who said it exactly, but it was said that they specifically made the decision to not move the series forward in time because they wanted to keep Mikan in elementary school.
Also, because Saki would then have graduated from high school.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:49   Link #3086
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
As a heads up, Godly colouring has produced images of Tear & Rito's aftermath of teleporting.
Can't wait till he does the paizuri from this chapter. Two birds, one rock hard stone
Old 2012-02-06, 10:14   Link #3087
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
He got Tearju's eye color right this time (yes, I didn't look only at her boobs). His colorings of the soapland scene from this chapter can't come soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I forgot who said it exactly, but it was said that they specifically made the decision to not move the series forward in time because they wanted to keep Mikan in elementary school.
Also, because Saki would then have graduated from high school.
It was from the interview at the end of volume 18. I posted a summary here.

Saki's pretty much disappeared from the series now, so she's not a issue anymore. Now, if only Yabuki would accept to make Mikan a little bit older... I think there is a possibility it will happen in Darkness based on what Yabuki said. Here's a translation of his answer when the editor asked him why he wanted to keep her as an elementary schooler (keep in mind I'm translating it from French rather than Japanese, so it may not be 100% accurate): "I feared that by changing Mikan's appearance and making her wear a uniform, she'd mature too quickly. I felt it didn't fit TLR's atmosphere at that stage of the story. However, I don't know what would have happened if we had continued a bit more."

Given how much she's been sexualized in Darkness compared to TLR (she's the only girl of the main cast whose nipples were never shown in the original series), I'd think it'd be a good idea to consider making her a middle schooler. To be honest I'm surprised he's managed to get away with showing an elementary schooler naked so far. Does he have dirt on Ishihara or something?

Of course they could also do what Simonsy suggested and simply not care about the timeline anymore. In fact, I believe somebody had already pointed out there had been several winter seasons in the second year. I can't remember if events repeated as well though... There was a Valentine chapter focusing on Lala and Haruna (first year), then one focusing on Yui (second year), and then...? As for Christmas, I can only remember one.
Old 2012-02-06, 11:07   Link #3088
Shadow5YA

So Mikan is the token loli or something?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 15:39   Link #3089
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Of course they could also do what Simonsy suggested and simply not care about the timeline anymore. In fact, I believe somebody had already pointed out there had been several winter seasons in the second year. I can't remember if events repeated as well though... There was a Valentine chapter focusing on Lala and Haruna (first year), then one focusing on Yui (second year), and then...? As for Christmas, I can only remember one.
Two Christmas chapters; One with Saki, where she had a competition for presents. (First 50 chaps, don't know exact num). And of course the one where Lala brings the whole Yuuki family together (the first time all have been in the same room on panel) for Mikan.

And yes, unless I've missed something, this is like the 4th cycle of summer months we've had since the beginning of the manga.

There's a panel where Lala notes the reset of winter back to summer uniforms (or vice versa) without any of the usual trappings.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:46   Link #3090
azziz

perhaps lala used one of her "invention"-should i say power?-to stop time.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 17:01   Link #3091
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I guess so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Two Christmas chapters; One with Saki, where she had a competition for presents. (First 50 chaps, don't know exact num). And of course the one where Lala brings the whole Yuuki family together (the first time all have been in the same room on panel) for Mikan.

And yes, unless I've missed something, this is like the 4th cycle of summer months we've had since the beginning of the manga.

There's a panel where Lala notes the reset of winter back to summer uniforms (or vice versa) without any of the usual trappings.
Ah, I remember now. Since it took place in the first year that means there hasn't been any extra Christmases either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
perhaps lala used one of her "invention"-should i say power?-to stop time.
Or she used one to change the seasonal weather every month or something. It explains everything!
Old 2012-02-06, 18:04   Link #3092
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Soap,tentacles,sucking oppai and lick me all over.

I think that describes this chapter the best.
Old 2012-02-06, 21:45   Link #3093
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Rito tripping i would lick her all over without the incentives
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 01:40   Link #3094
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess so.
Nah, that honor clearly goes to Celine

And if Run decides to order another skunk, they can all be token lolis
Old 2012-02-07, 02:56   Link #3095
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wasn't the last thing we got from TLR Valentine's wise was Yui trying to make chocolate for Rito? What's next? Trying to not beat his ass down with harenji this and harenji that every chance she gets?^^;;
Old 2012-02-07, 03:00   Link #3096
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Wasn't the last thing we got from TLR Valentine's wise was Yui trying to make chocolate for Rito? What's next? Trying to not beat his ass down with harenji this and harenji that every chance she gets?^^;;
He receives Honmei chocolate from every girl in his harem, but will continue to think that it's only Giri chocoloate . The common way to not lock him on one's girl "track" until/if he decides to accept the harem plan.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:55   Link #3097
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Nah, that honor clearly goes to Celine

And if Run decides to order another skunk, they can all be token lolis
Celine is the mascot, not the token loli

She's closer to a baby than a loli anyway.
Old 2012-02-07, 11:52   Link #3098
Miraluka
Banned

In accord to Jump SQ twt there will be an important announce the 18th. TLR Darkness anime maybe?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:17   Link #3099
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

I find it hard to believe that TLR Darkness will ever get animated. How do you animate that?!
Old 2012-02-07, 12:22   Link #3100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
I find it hard to believe that TLR Darkness will ever get animated. How do you animate that?!
In glory my friend... glory.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen