Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 14:02   Link #1221
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Almost a shining finger; the Banshee can still use the left beam saber through the glove/claw (based on the gunpla).
For the Unicorn the Beam Saber flips over. I don't think Banshee can do the same on its Rifle side, Claw side is fine. But with that glove on it can't reach behind is back and grab a beam saber either. Unicorn just more versatile, I would like it if the Banshee wrist sabers can push out like the Sinanju's.
Old 2011-11-29, 18:47   Link #1222
PzIVf3

Not sure if this part of the next series.
Spoiler for Spolier:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 20:21   Link #1223
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
For the Unicorn the Beam Saber flips over. I don't think Banshee can do the same on its Rifle side, Claw side is fine. But with that glove on it can't reach behind is back and grab a beam saber either. Unicorn just more versatile, I would like it if the Banshee wrist sabers can push out like the Sinanju's.
The right arm beam saber can be flipped too if you look closely, going through the gap of the fin rifle. Banshee's design focused more on firepower (and coolness) rather than versatility. I'm even wondering if the rifle and the claw are actually remote weapons, either wired to the Banshee or fully functional funnels.

--

UC Mechanical Drawing Data

From here -> http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...-mechanic.html
Old 2011-11-29, 21:13   Link #1224
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Spolier:
I believe it's from the Gundam Unicorn game for the PS3

Gundam Delta Kai and Sinanju Stein.
You know, I almost went "What the heck is R-Gun Powered doing here?" when I see the Delta Kai.
Old 2011-11-29, 23:58   Link #1225
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Spoiler for Spolier:
Does anyone know what the name of the rifle Delta Kai is holding and is that cannon from V Gundam on its back?
Old 2011-11-30, 00:04   Link #1226
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Does anyone know what the name of the rifle Delta Kai is holding and is that cannon from V Gundam on its back?
Both are evolved from the original Hyashiki's version as far as I can tell.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:04   Link #1227
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
There's too many differences to be from the V Gundam. It's probably like the Banshee's "funnel cannon": A precursor.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Old 2011-12-04, 14:22   Link #1228
DV04

Is there any information what they did to the Shamblo after the Torrington base attack? I'd assume that the Federation either dismantle or recycled the materials?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:47   Link #1229
OrtadragoonX

Quote:
Spoiler for Spolier:
The second image is definitely the Sinanju. That's what it looked like before Neo Zeon purchased... Ahem, stole it. They painted it red, added a horn antenna, and made some other modifications I believe.

From what I've read about the novel series, the flip-sabers of the Unicorn were taken from the Sinanju. But, in episode 2 when you see a close up image of the Sinanju deploying its beam saber, it's clearly the same "quick-access" design that the Sazabi used. I'm just curious if that was a Neo Zeon modification. Like, the original spec Sinanju had the flip sabers, but Full Frontal, being a Char clone and all, most likely has the same tastes in mobile suits that Char had. Thus, he may have requested that Neo Zeon engineers install a quick access system instead of the flip system.

Another thing that perplexes me is why outside of the Kshatria none of the Federation or Neo Zeon suits have funnels. The Shamblo had reflector bits, but not offensive funnels. I figured the Unicorn wouldnt' have them, since it's a dedicated Newtype hunting suit, but why hasn't the Federation used any funnel suits since the NU Gundam? They have the technology. Considering how bad Neo Zeon kicked ass with their various suits (the Quebely series, Quin Matha, Kyshantria, Jadg Doga line, Sazabi) and the Federation produced the NU Gundam with funnels and a psycommu and psychoframe, why not develop some new funnel use suits?

I'd love to see them incorporate the RX-94 Mass Production Nu Gundam into the story. It could use either INCOM weapons (for oldtypes) or a psycommu (minus the psychoframe) for a funnel suit.

"Damn you to hell... SPACE BELONGS TO THE SPACENOIDS!!!"
OrtadragoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 17:24   Link #1230
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtadragoonX View Post
Another thing that perplexes me is why outside of the Kshatria none of the Federation or Neo Zeon suits have funnels. The Shamblo had reflector bits, but not offensive funnels. I figured the Unicorn wouldnt' have them, since it's a dedicated Newtype hunting suit, but why hasn't the Federation used any funnel suits since the NU Gundam? They have the technology. Considering how bad Neo Zeon kicked ass with their various suits (the Quebely series, Quin Matha, Kyshantria, Jadg Doga line, Sazabi) and the Federation produced the NU Gundam with funnels and a psycommu and psychoframe, why not develop some new funnel use suits?

I'd love to see them incorporate the RX-94 Mass Production Nu Gundam into the story. It could use either INCOM weapons (for oldtypes) or a psycommu (minus the psychoframe) for a funnel suit.
They explain it bit by bit in the OVAs. For the 1st ep. Cardenas explain how the newtype ideology turn from the evolution theory Deikun had in mind to military Aces. Since Zeon promoted the genetic superior of newtypes and showed it off.....alot.

So, since Feddies and Zeeks are enemies.

You have to imagine how counter-productive it would be for the feddies to heavily promote Amuro Ray(a newtype), while bashing the ideas Zeon stand for (the genetic superiority of newtypes) during all the OYW and every Zeon insurgent group afterwards.

I'll admit this reason above just explain feddies attitude toward newtypes. Zeon just treated them as super-soldiers and created cyber-newtypes which are treated worst All this leads to the creation of Psycommu System that repeatedly tends to be run-away system.

In ep. 2 or 3, the tech guy said they are still not sure how the Psycommu system works (they don't even know why it glows when its on) then you have to explain what happen at the end of the CCA with he Psycoframe being overloaded and pushing back Axis.

So these guys not knowing much about how the psycho-frame works allow not one but two MSes with the entire frame lined with psyco-frame tech to exist. Not only that but they are going to fight each other. If you saw ep. 4 you notice how Unicorn and Sambo Psycho-frame reacted to each other. Imagine the damage it can cause if two full-psycho suits lost control fighting each other

The last thing any side should do is pushing out suits like this too much, there really expensive, they don't know how it works, not enough Newtypes to go around, psycho-frames make suits go out of control, and you can't trust the pilots from having mental breakdown during battle.

How this explains alittle, i'll wait for everyone else to jump-in
Old 2011-12-10, 00:04   Link #1231
PzIVf3

It appear the crusher claw and the mega beam rifle is detachable.
Old 2011-12-23, 22:44   Link #1232
bio9205
Reborn

Why didn't the Unicorn didn't revert back to Unicorn mode even after its NT-D deactivated at the end of episode 4?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 01:09   Link #1233
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Why didn't the Unicorn didn't revert back to Unicorn mode even after its NT-D deactivated at the end of episode 4?
The NT-D didn't deactivate. The psychoframe merely wasn't glowing red since Banagher's mind was a complete blank after the events which just transpired.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:32   Link #1234
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
nxt episode 19th May
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=45816

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:54   Link #1235
casval cehack

I assume episode 5 will cover volumes 7 and 8 of the novels.
Old 2012-01-24, 18:25   Link #1236
PzIVf3

Updated official site. Shining sleek black knight.
Old 2012-01-27, 18:14   Link #1237
Vash1306
Pancakes

Any news if they will redistribute the first four episodes (blu-rays) in the US? Or people who haven't bought them forced to import the Japanese version?
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 20:13   Link #1238
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Spoiler mag:
Old 2012-02-23, 20:24   Link #1239
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What the....?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:17   Link #1240
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The pink suit is from the manga adaptation of Unicorn.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote