AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-10, 19:00   Link #1041
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I'm a little disappointed that Kitsune decided to ally with her 'son', at least that's what it's pointing to be. Next chapter won't be out till 10/9.
Maybe just a front. Gitsune knows that Seimei doesn't need her anymore and tried to kill her.
And from his reaction, he's not amused.

Last edited by Nvis; 2012-08-10 at 21:08.
Old 2012-09-25, 19:00   Link #1042
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

the new chapter is fantastic

Thanks Sephi
Old 2012-09-25, 19:26   Link #1043
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Love the color pages for chapter 208.

Tsurara & Rikuo being together kind of signal a harem ending. It would be so cruel for him to sack only Kana and maybe even Yura for an alliance's

Just previously in chapter 207 and down, Abe no Seimei decedents were huge antagonist's of the arc, but now they're cannon fodder for the Nura Alliance's. The story feels bit rush though.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:04   Link #1044
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Tsurara & Rikuo being together kind of signal a harem ending. It would be so cruel for him to sack only Kana and maybe even Yura for an alliance's
The best ending would be for Rikuo to pick up where his dad left off. Marry Kitsune's human vessel. The rest of the girls can be concubines if they don't mind.
Old 2012-09-26, 04:13   Link #1045
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Love the color pages for chapter 208.

Just previously in chapter 207 and down, Abe no Seimei decedents were huge antagonist's of the arc, but now they're cannon fodder for the Nura Alliance's. The story feels bit rush though.
Yeah it is rushed even with a final with colored pages. I didn't think the series was doing badly though wonder what happened.
Old 2012-09-26, 05:15   Link #1046
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Weird that they are ending this way. Maybe the problem was that the series started as a cutesy shounen romcom/action manga and gradually metamorphosed into a legitimately frightening action manga with almost seinen level of graphic violence.

I guess this change began with the Hagoromo Gitsune arc and became really pronounced in the seriously nightmarish Hundred Tales Arc.

I think that if this series could have decided earlier which one of these it was, I would have liked it better, but frankly, I think it does a pretty bad job of balancing both aspects.

Also, I get the feeling that the author is gonna do something stupid like pair Rikuo with Kana (because he is supposed to bridge the gap between the human and yokai world :P although I guess the he would be down to a 1/8 of the day as a yokai) even though she's mostly been gone for like all of the last two story arcs.

I guess I'm a Rikuo x Tsurara shipper but Rikuo x Yura would also be better than boring Kana.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:04   Link #1047
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The best ending would be for Rikuo to pick up where his dad left off. Marry Kitsune's human vessel. The rest of the girls can be concubines if they don't mind.
That would be disturbing since Yamabuki Otome is pretty much his (step) mother...

It's Tsurara or nothing.

There's one thing I don't get about the Gokadoin clan: how did they manage to become immortal? I thought even Seimei couldn't do it, hence why he had to die first and be reborn as the Nue.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:17   Link #1048
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Yeah it is rushed even with a final with colored pages. I didn't think the series was doing badly though wonder what happened.
the author had a kid and said he wanted to end it. that's what i read somewhere.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:26   Link #1049
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
the author had a kid and said he wanted to end it. that's what i read somewhere.
He could have ended the manga with chapter 207 with an open end. The final page was actually quite fitting with both sides attacking. And later he could have restarted the manga if he wanted. Better than rushing it.
Old 2012-09-26, 08:08   Link #1050
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Weird that they are ending this way. Maybe the problem was that the series started as a cutesy shounen romcom/action manga and gradually metamorphosed into a legitimately frightening action manga with almost seinen level of graphic violence.

I guess this change began with the Hagoromo Gitsune arc and became really pronounced in the seriously nightmarish Hundred Tales Arc.
Nura was at its highest during the Kitsune arc (tough it fell in popularity at its end). The reasons for fall in popularity are not clear and there is a lot of speculation about it.

Quote:
Also, I get the feeling that the author is gonna do something stupid like pair Rikuo with Kana (because he is supposed to bridge the gap between the human and yokai world :P although I guess the he would be down to a 1/8 of the day as a yokai) even though she's mostly been gone for like all of the last two story arcs.
I doubt Kana has high chances to win anymore. For example if she were that important, she would get the monologue about Rikuo's dual nature (and prayer) during this chapter, not Tsurara.

Quote:
There's one thing I don't get about the Gokadoin clan: how did they manage to become immortal? I thought even Seimei couldn't do it, hence why he had to die first and be reborn as the Nue.
I guess the Gokadoins finished his work and reached immortality... but after Seimei died. It would also explain why he killed his mother rather than protect her so she could give birth to him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
There is no official info on why Nura is ending. Currently, there are only rumors and speculations.

Anyway, getting a kid is a reason to not end it. NuraMago makes money and you need money to bring up a kid.
At best, he would have asked to be moved to SQ and seeing how he is not closing the HM storyline, there is a chance that a sequel or something will start there.
But thats practically a baseless speculation as well.

Most likely, it is pure cancellation... a stupid move IMO as WSJ has yet to get a new series that would be a lasting hit and it would be more logical to hold to a series like Nura which still sold well.

Quote:
He could have ended the manga with chapter 207 with an open end. The final page was actually quite fitting with both sides attacking. And later he could have restarted the manga if he wanted. Better than rushing it.
The sad truth is that WSJ chooses when to end the Manga, not authors. They forcefully cancel Manga that are not doing well enough (we can be thankful we got 3 more big chapters, other ones were not that lucky) and also like to stop successful authors from ending their Manga, instead forcing them to drag them out a much as possible.
Old 2012-09-26, 08:24   Link #1051
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
The sad truth is that WSJ chooses when to end the Manga, not authors. They forcefully cancel Manga that are not doing well enough (we can be thankful we got 3 more big chapters, other ones were not that lucky) and also like to stop successful authors from ending their Manga, instead forcing them to drag them out a much as possible.
I know that's why I hate WSJ. After Psyren and especially Double Arts I have quite the deep seated grudge against them. Beelzebub is all I am interseted in.

The thing I wonder is. Weren't the tankoubon sales quite high for Nura. I always though even if the ranking are low as long as the sales are high enough you are safe or at worst moved to another magazine. Why outright cancel Nura?
Old 2012-09-26, 08:32   Link #1052
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
I know that's why I hate WSJ. After Psyren and especially Double Arts I have quite the deep seated grudge against them. Beelzebub is all I am interseted in.
I started to despise their model as well. To make it worse, they have failed to find new hits... and who knows how many canceled series might have become popular had they gotten more time -_-

Quote:
The thing I wonder is. Weren't the tankoubon sales quite high for Nura. I always though even if the ranking are low as long as the sales are high enough you are safe or at worst moved to another magazine. Why outright cancel Nura?
I guess it was because Tank sales were gradually falling. Still, I think they should have waited to see how well the Gokadoin arc would have sold.

I agree tough it is weird that it wasn't moved to SQ. Now that Ao no Exorcist has become popular, SQ has a lot of readers who like youkai and demons, perfect audience for Nura.

On other hand, Hiroshi isn't trying to even end the HM side of the story and neither is he ignoring them (mind you that he would have known about cancellation weeks and gotten warnings months before). There is a chance that he wants to end the Seimei side of the story and Rikuo's story and start a fresh sequel of spin-off in SQ. Getting a daughter is good enough reason to want to be moved to SQ, not to mention that its audience would be more fitting.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:28   Link #1053
defki

Quote:
I started to despise their model as well. To make it worse, they have failed to find new hits... and who knows how many canceled series might have become popular had they gotten more time -_-
This so much. I can understand if after several years the sales are low and the rankings are constant at the bottom. But cancelling sometimes only after 20-30 chapters is just ridiculous. Not even giving the manga a chance to develop and gain an audience. It's a little bit exaggerated but sometimes I feel like there is no middle ground. High ranking, low sales and you get cancelled. Low ranking but high sales and you still get axed. Unless you have both you always have to fear cancellation. For me that's a broken model. That's why we get such generic crap like Nisekoi.

Sorry for the rant.

Quote:
I guess it was because Tank sales were gradually falling. Still, I think they should have waited to see how well the Gokadoin arc would have sold.

I agree tough it is weird that it wasn't moved to SQ. Now that Ao no Exorcist has become popular, SQ has a lot of readers who like youkai and demons, perfect audience for Nura.

On other hand, Hiroshi isn't trying to even end the HM side of the story and neither is he ignoring them (mind you that he would have known about cancellation weeks and gotten warnings months before). There is a chance that he wants to end the Seimei side of the story and Rikuo's story and start a fresh sequel of spin-off in SQ. Getting a daughter is good enough reason to want to be moved to SQ, not to mention that its audience would be more fitting.
I think it was still top 10 so bleh WSJ. I agree that SQ would have been a good choice. He would have more time to juggle both the manga and his family. It's not like he can stop drawing manga because he has to earn money.

And I noticed that too. HM is not finished yet and there are other plot points that I think can be expanded. A time skip or new generation could be a great idea. I just don't want to see Nura finished like this. Hoping for a part 2.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:39   Link #1054
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post

I still read One Piece, even after like 700 chapters, but I dropped, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and Kenichi a long time ago.

Actually, after One Piece, I'd say Nura was my probably second favorite shounen manga ( along with D. Gray Man, which was quite awesome for a few arcs and is also ending soon after a big drop in popularity).

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a deeply flawed manga, but it's also very unique and the art which started off a little dodgy, has become some of my favorite in manga. All in all, this manga has continued to be entertaining for me. Why cancel a series like this and let something like Bleach continue?

P.S. I know that this series was supposed to end after the Gokadoin Arc anyways, but they could have taken a little more time.

P.S.S. I will say though, I'm glad we're getting these color chapters. They're beautiful.
Old 2012-09-26, 16:35   Link #1055
Nayim

So I came here and I'm glad the series didn't cancelled after hiatus. The chapter feel rushed though but I do hope the author fill more plot without feel any rushing moment.

How many chapter left again? 3 or 4?
Old 2012-09-26, 17:09   Link #1056
Nayrael
The Faceless One

There are supposed to be two more chapters, one in October and one in December. C209 was confirmed to be 60 pages long as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible for it to not be rushed
Old 2012-09-26, 17:25   Link #1057
Miraluka
Banned

Still awesome and the moments with Tsurara were touching.

Now Kitsune seems to want to give a good spanking to his naughty son.
Old 2012-09-26, 17:55   Link #1058
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Still awesome and the moments with Tsurara were touching.

Now Kitsune seems to want to give a good spanking to his naughty son.
Rikuo: "The final palace"
Tsurara: "The final palace"
Tsuchigumo (who just arrived): "It is just a shack."
""Shhhh!""
Tsurara: "Well guys, lets go to Seimei!"
""YES!!""
*Tsurara opens the doors*
Kitsune: "And this is for throwing me into that hot place!"
*POM*
Seimei: "I am sorry mom! T_T"
*POM*
Kitsune: "No sorries will save you you naughty, naughty boy!"
*POM*
*Tsurara closes the gates*
Tsurara: "Actually, lets rather not go to Seimei. He is a silly man."
Old 2012-09-27, 03:28   Link #1059
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Rikuo: "The final palace"
Tsurara: "The final palace"
Tsuchigumo (who just arrived): "It is just a shack."
""Shhhh!""
Tsurara: "Well guys, lets go to Seimei!"
""YES!!""
*Tsurara opens the doors*
Kitsune: "And this is for throwing me into that hot place!"
*POM*
Seimei: "I am sorry mom! T_T"
*POM*
Kitsune: "No sorries will save you you naughty, naughty boy!"
*POM*
*Tsurara closes the gates*
Tsurara: "Actually, lets rather not go to Seimei. He is a silly man."
ROFL, that would be the ultimate middle finger to Shounen Jump.
Old 2012-10-04, 15:10   Link #1060
Miraluka
Banned

Good news guys!

Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen