Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 11:59   Link #2581
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
Nah, Yuji actually agreed with Sairei no Hebi's ideals.
Hecate was/is ignored up til this point.-.-
Sabrac died, refusing to be rescued by Bel Peol.
Fecor died guarding the gate, the last reprieve the Tomogaras had against the surge of Flame Hazes.
Well fortunately, it's those Flame Hazes who are feeling the shitstorm now.
Old 2010-09-09, 16:41   Link #2582
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well fortunately, it's those Flame Hazes who are feeling the shitstorm now.
Yes we have a 500-1000 foot tall God-Like powered Snake running around the world

Also, wasnt SotF sorta close to being like Alastor? I mean being like a sorta god figure that you make a contract with, and they lend you powers and such..
Old 2010-09-09, 17:06   Link #2583
~Avant~

SotF is the only other known God of the Crimson realm besides Alastor

How many Flame Hazes are there? And who's the head of Outlaw again?
~Avant~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 17:22   Link #2584
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Avant~ View Post
SotF is the only other known God of the Crimson realm besides Alastor

How many Flame Hazes are there? And who's the head of Outlaw again?
There is never a complete estimate on how many Flame Hazes, but I would guess around 500-1500.

I don't think they revealed who was head of Outlaw.
Old 2010-09-09, 17:48   Link #2585
~Avant~

Oh wait I remember now, Outlaw is headed by the Four Native American God Flame Hazes. Only one of them was revealed though
Old 2010-09-09, 20:19   Link #2586
Elf song

They lead major Outlaws in North and South America while in other parts of the world are led by many groups.

Europe part was led by "Dorel's Party", Dorel Kubelík's group and his organization is called "Kubelík's Orchestra". The known members in this group are Dorel Kubelík(dead), Paweła Kletzki(dead) and Bode(dead).

China part is led by the "Kairinkai (Gui Lun Hui)" group. The known members in this group are Yu Xuan(dead), Ji Zhong(dead), Fan Xun(dead), Liu Yang(dead), Xiang Xin(human,dead) and Dong Ming(human).

According to Atwiki, the Flame Haze participated in the second Great War is about 4000 people.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:18   Link #2587
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

One thing I never understood though, from the novels there's no description of any fuzetsu or anything in the current war....are they all fighting under massive fuzetsu or what?
Old 2010-09-09, 21:30   Link #2588
OmniDragon

Someone opened a fuzetsu in vol 18 I remember something about Shana flying out of it before it could completely open.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 23:39   Link #2589
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Someone opened a fuzetsu in vol 18 I remember something about Shana flying out of it before it could completely open.
But that wasn't at the China battle site was it? Anyway I wonder who could open a fuzetsu large enough to fight an entire freaking war in
Old 2010-09-10, 00:48   Link #2590
~Avant~

Maybe a multiple Fuzetsu from any number of combatants. That would make for a tremendous battle field
Old 2010-09-10, 01:48   Link #2591
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
So basically after the battle with Sabrac Yuji goes all emo about being weak and then SoF tell him he'll give him power and explains his ideals and plans to Yuji, which he agree's to.

On another note, to me SoF Yuji sounds like a Flame Haze. Think about it, SoF tell Yuji everything and Yuji agrees to it, that sounds like a contract. The artifact that SoF uses to connect with Yuji is the Reiji Maego, similar to how Alastor's is the Pendant. Then we have Yuji's physical appearance transformation, similar to how Shana goes Red-Haired-Burning-Eyes on us.

More evidence to that is the fact that SoF's real body is seperate from Yuji's own.
After the battle with Sabrac (in the novels SoF took him right after that fight instead of like in the 2nd season of anime where they made another ending not in the novels) Yuji was planning to finally go and meet one of the two girls to choose, but he felt a key that wasn't in his pocket before, then a dark sillhouette of Yuji popped up and took him away, as the SoF basically said he has chosen Yuji as the only human that is allowed to accompany him on their quest. Yuji cannot even defy the words as the key activated a spell and took him away, being too shocked by the powerful existence that has contacted him. Though SoF did state subconsciously Yuji wanted someone like SoF to appear, though for all we know SoF was not telling the truth.

About how Yuji is similar to a Flame Haze, it's mentioned the King of Guze that makes a contract with a Flame Haze has their real body inside the Flame Haze in hibernation form, with the Flame Haze as their vessel. In Yuji's case, it's a bit different since SoF's real body isn't in Yuji.
SoF's real body isn't in Yuji, but the 'Silver Tomogara', aka 'Tyrant' or 'Tyrant II' made by the Seeking Researcher as the temporary vessel for SoF. Yuji is similar in the sense he's a vessel for SoF, like a Flame Haze to its contracting King of Guze. But the Reiji Maigo is not a artifact that allows conversation between him and SoF, they can do that already via a telepathic link that doesn't depend on the Reiji Maigo (something Flame Hazes can't do without a item like Shana's pendant) - Reiji Maigo is just a power source for the 'Tyrant' mechanism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Also, wasnt SotF sorta close to being like Alastor? I mean being like a sorta god figure that you make a contract with, and they lend you powers and such..
Alastor is known as the 'God of Divine Punishment', and SoF is the 'Creator God' in the novels. Though you can argue the Tomogaras are all lesser gods of some sort, as there's not really much difference between a tomogara and Alastor or Sof, except the power difference. Flame Hazes basically make contracts with Tomogara (or King of Guze) that stays in Guze instead of joining the other Tomogaras that come to Earth anyway.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:19   Link #2592
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Maybe a multiple Fuzetsu from any number of combatants. That would make for a tremendous battle field
Or they stopped bothering....
Old 2010-09-18, 00:19   Link #2593
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Alastor is known as the 'God of Divine Punishment', and SoF is the 'Creator God' in the novels. Though you can argue the Tomogaras are all lesser gods of some sort, as there's not really much difference between a tomogara and Alastor or Sof, except the power difference. Flame Hazes basically make contracts with Tomogara (or King of Guze) that stays in Guze instead of joining the other Tomogaras that come to Earth anyway.
Which is a very low possibility (but still countable) with the number of Tomogaras that run freely across the world getting hunted down.
Old 2010-09-18, 07:50   Link #2594
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Need help in fixing or adding the translations in this category:

Spoiler for List of All Unrestricted Spells by Volume:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 23:09   Link #2595
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Need help in fixing or adding the translations in this category:

Spoiler for List of All Unrestricted Spells by Volume:
Spoiler for Some spells are misread:

Last edited by Elf song; 2010-09-20 at 04:54.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 14:53   Link #2596
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

I've re-read volume 10 of the novels 3 times, so unless contradictory information was released in later works(like the manga, then please feel free to correct me), i thought i had to point out some minor stuff out from a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But he got owned by Wilhelmina. (Though she needed to lose an arm for that.)
That already tells that not everyone is powerful as it might sound.
Wilhelmina won due some last minute, very desperate tactics(and she won! as expected of the Dancing Princess of Unparalleled Tactics) by slamming Illyanka against a tower and having it pierce through his iron hide.

Quote:
Ilyanka was the most disappointing. His Jizaishiki is known as the best defensive Jizaishiki in his time, yet...
To be fair though, Illyanka's Jizaihou worked better from a range to form a wall with his flames. It's defensively useful for strategic practices where you need to form a great wall to stop enemy forces, but not in real time tactics.

Quote:
Actually, to be frank, Chernobog was in a rage, since her lover Molech just died, so she went on this rampaging blitz taht somehow managed to hit Mathilde
She sneaked up to Mathilde and Wilhelmina who were both recovering and exhausted after defeating Illyanka and Merihim and stabbed her from out of nowhere before Wilhelmina chased her down and killed her. In fact, Wilhelmina had a moment of self-discovery when she noticed Chernobog hiding her grief behind her manic grin just like she always does the same behind her poker face.

Quote:
Remember how Chernobog hit Mathilde's vitals in ONE strike? (causing Mathilde to blow herself up, thus killing Asiz...)
Above. Mathilde was also resolved to use Tenpa Jousai since the start of the novel, and expending her too much of Power of Existence on the battle with Merihim and destroying Molech convinced her that summoning Alastor was the only way to stop Asiz. Chernobog's hit did not cause the Mathilde to blow herself up, it just slowed her down from doing so because she needed to get right up to the tower housing the Kugai Tenbin to directly confront Asiz and pass a message to the Spiral Organ.
Old 2010-09-24, 15:34   Link #2597
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Thanks for all the question answering and the info Nya~n , I'm sure once people read up on this. They will also give thanks
Old 2010-09-25, 01:35   Link #2598
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Wow thanks @ Above! I actually went back and re-read the parts you highlighted. Again, mighty thanks, and a free internet for you sir.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 16:32   Link #2599
yuiichi9

Can anyone translated moments before & after keisaku kiss margery and confessed his love for her. Also how they parts way when margery join the other flame hazes, that is if the author portray that scene. I hope keisaku someday become a flame haze so he doesn't die of old age or an illness leaving behind a sad margery. I know this won't happen but I wish yuji absorb all the sof powers and become the most powerful mistes when the battle again sof is at the end.

Last edited by yuiichi9; 2010-09-28 at 16:46.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 23:24   Link #2600
Dr. Casey

Wait, never mind what I said on the last page. J.C. Staff said that the third season of Shana would be the last one, not that it wouldn't follow the novels. Memory got mixed up. Though I wouldn't expect too faithful an adaptation seeing as the third season is supposed to cover 10-15 volumes or something, I don't know how far the second season reached.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen