AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-18, 12:59   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I'd say that Konata is what Aaya-chan would sound like if she tried to do Kyon....except Kyon isn't half as evil as Kona-chan is.
OT reply, but I guess you haven't heard that one drama CD of Haruhi yet? English translation can be found at http://www12.brinkster.com/stratoct/haruhi.htm, although its meant to be heard (8th track is an absolute riot the moment you hear it XD)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-18, 13:23   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic_Virtue View Post
A nice array of voice actors, gotta love how they got the voice of Haruhi doing Konata and Yuki Nagato as Minami, also this anime has my favourite female voice actor, Inoue Kikuko! *fanboy scream*
The one I'm looking forward to is Sasaki Nozomi, who played Nana-chan in Bokura ga Ita, and will be "Patty Martin." She's one of the most moe voices I've ever heard. She also had a role in Winter Garden.

We have already heard the great Onee-san (Inoue Kikuko), not sounding a lot like herself, as Kagami and Tsukasa's mother.

For Aaya fans, the big rumble on 2channel today is a rumor that she and Sugita Tomokazu are getting married. This is clearly nonsense, just another wave of mass hysteria rolling through the fan community. The same rumor went by a couple of months ago. This time, it appears to be based entirely on the fact that she is wearing a ring on her left ring finger, something that unmarried girls in Japan and elsewhere sometimes do anyway. As I've mentioned before, Aaya said on Sumomo radio that marriage was just a legal restriction and she never intended to get married but would just live with someone if she ever wanted to. Of course, this was also in a sequence where she was asked what kind of wedding dress she might wear and said she might choose to get married at Disneyland, dressed as Jasmine.

And a photo just showed up from yesterday's recording session for Lantis. Note the ring. The recording was of a character song for a character called Minami, who is part of a set of "trading figures" known as "Railway Girls." See how artfully they have avoided showing her bandaged eye. Reminds me that she plays piano somewhat (played for her school church services), as well as guitar. The photo is from the blog of someone who I think is a Lantis producer or A&R guy. He says she is playing piano after the recording session.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-18 at 13:36.
Old 2007-05-18, 14:02   Link #63
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For Aaya fans, the big rumble on 2channel today is a rumor that she and Sugita Tomokazu are getting married. This is clearly nonsense, just another wave of mass hysteria rolling through the fan community. The same rumor went by a couple of months ago.
I know this is just another crazy rumor, but everytime I hear the "Tomokazu and Aaya getting married" line, I can't help but smile and think how awesome that would be. Besides, if they have a kid, imagine the kind of VA he/she could be!

Enough with the crazy rumor.

The ad-lib talk got me thinking if Aaya did that in this scene:

Washu-Washu-Washu-Washu-Ooooh-Washu-Washu... ( )
Old 2007-05-18, 14:23   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The problem with Sugita would be akin to what I'd call the "Robin Williams" syndrome ... it would depend on whether he can be "not on stage" all the time. I understand Mr. Williams can take a lot of energy to be around
As far as Sugita, I have no idea what his offstage persona might be ... but I suspect Aya wants to play around quite a bit longer before anything like settling in with one guy. VAs have a nasty tendency to retire after they get married.
Old 2007-05-18, 15:44   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I know this is just another crazy rumor, but everytime I hear the "Tomokazu and Aaya getting married" line, I can't help but smile and think how awesome that would be. Besides, if they have a kid, imagine the kind of VA he/she could be!
I'd prefer not to think about. She's far more talented then he is anyway in my opinion so even if it did happen we know who would be wearing the pants in the house so to speak. Likely it's just people having difficulty separating the Haruhi and Kyon roles from the real life people that played them that started the rumour. The Seinfeld Curse type effect of these roles still lingers quite a bit around the two.

@Vexx: I would hope he has a better personality than his onstage one. I would like to think the man is less arrogant than he appears to be in his roles and in his photos, although I've never seen an interview with him to know. I still don't know what Aya would see in him anyway even if he is a decent person. Again, I think people are having trouble separating the fictional Kyon and Haruhi from their Seiyuu.
Old 2007-05-18, 15:59   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... fanboiz love to wax emo over rumors like that..... (there's a recent story arc in Megatokyo concerning fan reactions to the possiblity "their idol" might be romantically attached).
Old 2007-05-18, 16:19   Link #67
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
TOf course, this was also in a sequence where she was asked what kind of wedding dress she might wear and said she might choose to get married at Disneyland, dressed as Jasmine.
That sounds hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
VAs have a nasty tendency to retire after they get married.
That didn't stop Megumi Hayashibara though.
Old 2007-05-18, 16:43   Link #68
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
As I've mentioned before, Aaya said on Sumomo radio that marriage was just a legal restriction and she never intended to get married but would just live with someone if she ever wanted to.
*coughs* Way to go, girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The problem with Sugita would be akin to what I'd call the "Robin Williams" syndrome ... it would depend on whether he can be "not on stage" all the time. I understand Mr. Williams can take a lot of energy to be around
When he appeared on Whose Line, I was absolutely annoyed with him - he was hogging all the attention and doing things simply to get attention (like running around in circles, yelling), which I guess a special guest can do, but it just seemed like waay too much over-kill. He was literally on-stage, but there are certain times during the show that you just relax and be "off-stage" ne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffenix Rising View Post
Hmm, I believe that's why he said they have a *tendency* to though. Of course not 100% of VAs who get married would retire (it'd be sad if they all did... No more Megumi?? ).
Old 2007-05-18, 18:41   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffenix Rising View Post
Even if the world exploded, she'd still find a way to carry on. <3
Old 2007-05-18, 19:57   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Hmm, I believe that's why he said they have a *tendency* to though.
O.o ... thank you
Old 2007-05-18, 20:47   Link #71
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
OT reply, but I guess you haven't heard that one drama CD of Haruhi yet? English translation can be found at http://www12.brinkster.com/stratoct/haruhi.htm, although its meant to be heard (8th track is an absolute riot the moment you hear it XD)
For my money the best thing on it is the song "The First Goodbye" which is second only to God Knows in the Haruhi song stable, in fact it even gives God Knows a damn good run for its money.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-05-18, 21:56   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
For my money the best thing on it is the song "The First Goodbye" which is second only to God Knows in the Haruhi song stable, in fact it even gives God Knows a damn good run for its money.
I think it's the best thing she's done as a singer. I also like her character songs for Manabi Straight, especially one called "Ruru de MY Chitsujo."

Here's First Good-Bye on YouTube.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-18, 22:40   Link #73
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah, and for two very good reasons; 1) I'm in Singapore, and wouldn't know where to obtain one, and 2), I wouldn't know what the heck she was talking about, anyway.

Quote:
For Aaya fans, the big rumble on 2channel today is a rumor that she and Sugita Tomokazu are getting married.
'Tis poetic justice, ne?
Old 2007-05-19, 00:18   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I think it's the best thing she's done as a singer. I also like her character songs for Manabi Straight, especially one called "Ruru de MY Chitsujo."

Here's First Good-Bye on YouTube.
Wait seriously! She's not doing songs anymore. I can think of quite a few reasons why should would want to stop doing concerts ranging from wanting to focus on school and voice acting (I still think she's a far better Seiyuu than a singer) to tiring of the concert scene and the raving fanboys who tend to get out of control (and when your that popular personal safety can become an issue).

For the others I Also came up with an idea of what the offspring of Aya Hirano and Sugita Tomokazu might be like. Japanese Russel Crowe (Good actor, but heavily prone to flip out and screaming at the cast and crew of his movies) if it's a boy and Japanese Meryl Streep (Good Actress, but has a way of making your skin crawl as she goes through her typecast manipulative woman roles) if it's a girl.
Old 2007-05-19, 01:15   Link #75
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Wait seriously! She's not doing songs anymore. I can think of quite a few reasons why should would want to stop doing concerts ranging from wanting to focus on school and voice acting (I still think she's a far better Seiyuu than a singer) to tiring of the concert scene and the raving fanboys who tend to get out of control (and when your that popular personal safety can become an issue).

For the others I Also came up with an idea of what the offspring of Aya Hirano and Sugita Tomokazu might be like. Japanese Russel Crowe (Good actor, but heavily prone to flip out and screaming at the cast and crew of his movies) if it's a boy and Japanese Meryl Streep (Good Actress, but has a way of making your skin crawl as she goes through her typecast manipulative woman roles) if it's a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
A quick "what if?" pic:

Quote:
Here are some related pics:

Says it all.
Old 2007-05-19, 01:28   Link #76
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Given your track record, I don't think you have any credibility on this subject and you should quit while you're ahead.

Quote:
Please stop. You are not adding anything to the conversation but veiled insults because of your biases. Can you make comments without insulting the subject? Please?

Old 2007-05-19, 01:33   Link #77
Ascaloth

Quote:
Given your track record, I don't think you have any credibility on this subject and you should quit while you're ahead.

Please stop. You are not adding anything to the conversation but veiled insults because of your biases. Can you make comments without insulting the subject? Please?

Kinda hard for him, I would say.
Old 2007-05-19, 02:41   Link #78
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
They are only guesses. Also things change in regard to one's track record.

Quote:
If you insist...very well, there isn't much more to say.
Old 2007-05-19, 02:43   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Wait seriously! She's not doing songs anymore. I can think of quite a few reasons why should would want to stop doing concerts ranging from wanting to focus on school and voice acting (I still think she's a far better Seiyuu than a singer) to tiring of the concert scene and the raving fanboys who tend to get out of control (and when your that popular personal safety can become an issue). For the others I Also came up with an idea of what the offspring of Aya Hirano and Sugita Tomokazu might be like. Japanese Russel Crowe (Good actor, but heavily prone to flip out and screaming at the cast and crew of his movies) if it's a boy and Japanese Meryl Streep (Good Actress, but has a way of making your skin crawl as she goes through her typecast manipulative woman roles) if it's a girl.
Aaya is doing a big Galaxy Angelune concert on Sunday, as it happens. She recorded a character song Friday for a line of figures ("Railway Girls") and did new character songs for Sumomo mo Momo mo last week. She continues to "do songs." I expect another single or an album to come.

I agree she's a better seiyuu than singer, and can see why "raving fanboys" might be hard to take, but it doesn't seem to be stopping her. She thinks of herself as a multi-talented entertainer, and so do I. And from the amount of work she seems to do, judging from her blog, and from the fact she never mentions school, I think she's concentrating on her career right now, and putting college off.

I have heard nothing of Sugita Tomokazu ever "flipping out." On the contrary, I think he is known as a mild and considerate guy with a lot of friends. I don't see why any child of his would turn into Russell Crowe. And Meryl Streep is the acting goddess, in my book, even if she is more a technical than a method actress, so I don't want to hear any bad-mouthing of her, lol. Yes, there's her role in Devil Wears Prada, but on the other hand there's Prairie Home Companion.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-19 at 03:00.
Old 2007-05-19, 02:47   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

I have heard nothing of Sugita Tomokazu ever "flipping out." On the contrary, he is known as a mild and considerate guy with a lot of friends. I don't see why any child of his would turn into Russell Crowe. And Meryl Streep is the acting goddess, in my book, even if she is more a technical than a method actress, so I don't want to hear any bad-mouthing of her, lol.
That was just a bad and ill considered joke on my part...heh.
Closed Thread