Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-15, 13:09   Link #41
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I doubt that they would take the risk of being discovered just for this,maybe she explained it to him and because our Luffy is genius he won't need any training to control his Haki.

And i wouldn't take Phenomenal serious,everyone admits that Naruto is loosing it,some people just don't like to admit that OP is just better
Yeah that's what i meant for the most part...I really don't see how you would train haki anyways. I think if she explained it to luffy he might get it enough to channel it in certain situations.

I really wanna see him stun the whole marines with his hakoushaki(WTF?) Haki
Old 2009-09-15, 13:19   Link #42
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

what if luffy's dad suddenly come into the mix too?
Old 2009-09-15, 13:23   Link #43
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

A few pics are out. Kuma is in this chapter too, but apparently he doesn't have any lines...

Boa is really adorable when it comes to Luffy, it never ceases to amaze me. I’m curious as to how Oda will handle this from now on… I hope she doesn’t disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrexe View Post
I think it's a fantastic chapter. It's ok if phenom and the moldy dude doesn't think so. I guess it's just your loss if you cannot appreciate good manga
You like what you like, can't be helped... But really, if the current events don’t do it for you then what does? It's the freaking One Piece All Star Game right now, how can you not be jumping in your chair?
Old 2009-09-15, 13:26   Link #44
andy

Saw some of the pics look like great chapter , Croc tries to attack WB behind his back lol. That best chance he was going to get at WB. Kuma face is same as always .
Old 2009-09-15, 14:01   Link #45
james0246

So 6 pages are out (not counting the mini-story opening page), and about 2/3s of the known info is found in those 6 pages. So, unless Oda wants to fill up the other 10 pages with the story of how Luffy's boat got to be frozen above Whitebeard, there is still something else currently unknown about the chapter...
Old 2009-09-15, 14:37   Link #46
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Ace showing WB Luffy's wanted poster reveals the fact the his whole pursuit of BB & all that happened was very recent. I imagined Ace had been searching for several months, but it was only a few at most.

Luffy has gotten alotta attention and now everyone from 2 of the Admirals to Smoker & Moria have a score to settle with him. He's in quite a bit of trouble now.
Old 2009-09-15, 14:57   Link #47
Prestige

Kinda funny that Coby is very happy of Luffy's arrival, Coby aims to be marine admiral and Luffy pirate king, I wonder how long their friendship can go on?
Old 2009-09-15, 16:37   Link #48
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

"Sengoku: Garp, it is your damn family again!"

"Doflamingo: The Shichibukai, old and new, the whole set!"

I guess another chapter with full of laughs...
Old 2009-09-15, 17:27   Link #49
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
1. ... but Crocodile decided to take this opportunity to take a shot at snuffing out Whitebeard.

2. (amusingly, Akainu talks about killing Luffy, heh. Moria seems to have gotten pretty pissed at the sight of Luffy, as well....).

3. -Whitebeard asks Luffy if he's there to rescue Ace. Luffy tells Whitebeard that he intends to become Pirate King before he does. Newgate simply calls him cocky and tells him not to get in his way....

4. Kizaru asks Sengoku if it's alright to execute all of the new arrivals, to which Sengoku merely responds, "Of course".......
#1: Because we all know Crocodile is a boss.
#2: I was interested in seeing how Moria would react to Luffy when he arrives, and I maintain that I'd like to see him take a few cheap shots at Luffy.
#3: Best part of the WHOLE chapter
#4: Finally Kizaru is in action. I wonder why the Admirals aren't putting their lives on the line? It's kind of 'Bleach-esque', like Aizen not bothering about Ichigo and about 3 or 4 more captains skulking about Hueco Mundo, and playing it off as no big deal.

I kind of expected a huge clash immediately. As in: As soon as Whitebeard comes out, he just starts attacking left right and center, and the three admirals jump into the fray, flattening the pirates, while Whitebeard just keeps blasting Haki left and right.

If Whitebeard had just leapt up onto the bay as soon as the Tsunami was coming, like God of War style, it would have been EPIC!!! But he's kind of standing there. Why isn't anyone directly trying to actually save Ace? They're all aimlessly jumping out into the fray, attacking marines. Great war, but...Where's Whitebeard? Why hasn't anyone so much as lifted a blade to Ace yet? It's like they're waiting to let him slip out of their fingers.

It would have been better if Ace were being attacked right now, and Whitebeard just got there in the blink of an eye, and stopped Sengoku's blade, or whatever, and they immediately engage in an epic clash...

I'm slightly disappointed to see that Sengoku is just standing there.

And OMG: I forgot to mention this last chapter: WTF is Akainu doing prowling around trying to kill people running away? Doesn't he have anything better to do? Gaaah. I really don't like Akainu at ALL so far. I want to see him just bludgeoned by Whitebeard so bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
...whats up with you tossing up Bleach every time phenom has a problem with a One Piece chapter? it must be that inferiority complex, One Piece fanbois get when every One Piece is in yet another dry season...
I admit I'm guilty, but Bleach does deserve its bashing. It's REALLY lame...

Quote:
That's a plus.
I concur. Who cares about Akainu? He's just taking up panels. Lame.

Quote:
Luffy is no threat to a Kizaru or a Whitebeard, ect, you feel me?
He does offer a political threat beyond that of most other pirates in the whole OP world, to be fair. And to be honest, with how lame Akainu is right now, Yea: I really think Luffy can beat him if he's fast enough to get in a REALLY bad Gear 2 blow. And Luffy IS very fast. Don't forget the CP9 arc. OMG that was my fav.

Quote:
Nah, that would be for Naruto chapters!! as Kishimoto is whooping your boy Oda up and down Entertainment lane...Oh, Kubo brought out the street sweeper too this week that's double trouble!
Whoa, whoa, whoa: I confess Naruto was great, and has been for quite some time now, but Bleach? Now that's another story. I'll take that up next week in the actual Bleach forums. I haven't been around that side for quite some time now.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2009-09-15 at 17:42.
Old 2009-09-15, 18:42   Link #50
Vree

Eh, a kind of meh chapter. Just Luffy acting badass. But ultimately just lots of talking. (The fact that you have to show this many characters at the same time really slows down the progress too.)

But at least, a Tashigi have been sighted! About time we've seen a shot of her and Smoker. Even if it is apparently only one panel...
Old 2009-09-15, 19:30   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
And to be honest, with how lame Akainu is right now, Yea: I really think Luffy can beat him if he's fast enough to get in a REALLY bad Gear 2 blow. And Luffy IS very fast. Don't forget the CP9 arc. OMG that was my fav.
I highly doubt that. Luffy is still not ready to take on an admiral because the disparity between him and them is too big. The admirals are the marines ultimate assault force, and one of the 3 alone is more than adequate to dispose of rookies on Luffy's level (like Kizaru effortlessly did to the 4 supernovas at the archipelago). Also, if Akainu really is a logia (most likely the case just for the sake following the trend of the other two admirals), the only way Luffy can harm him is if he utilizes his King's Haki, and we know that he still cannot control it properly nor use it adeptly/proficiently.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:31   Link #52
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
#4: Finally Kizaru is in action. I wonder why the Admirals aren't putting their lives on the line? It's kind of 'Bleach-esque', like Aizen not bothering about Ichigo and about 3 or 4 more captains skulking about Hueco Mundo, and playing it off as no big deal.
There's only 20 pages a week, thats why. I mean Oda can only show so much.

Well I spoiled myself silly this week, and from what I've seen this chapter looks awesome!

I love how Luffy stopped Croc in his tracks, not that whitebeard would've needed the help, but it was still cool.

And finally we see SMOKER! bring on Luffy vs Smoker!
Old 2009-09-15, 19:33   Link #53
marvelB

Ha ha, I love Moria's reaction to seeing Luffy. I'll bet he wants to tear him apart for all the trouble he caused him at Thriller Bark! Also,, Doflamingo actually looked pretty interested in Luffy, judging from the pics. I wonder if he, like Bellamy, will attempt to convince Luffy to join him in his "New Age"......

Anyways, I thought Luffy looked pretty badass standing next to Whitebeard. As I already said before, I'm pretty certain that Luffy will avoid as many unnecessary battles as possible in order to reach Ace, so I guess ol' Newgate will back him up, despite telling him not to get in his way. If so, then I guess him and the stronger commander (Marco, Jozu, etc.) can keep the admirals at bay. But no matter what, I'm definitely sure that there will be at least one battle that Luffy can't avoid on his path to rescue Ace. The question is, of course, who will be the last person to stand in Luffy's way......?
Old 2009-09-15, 19:35   Link #54
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I highly doubt that. Luffy is still not ready to take on an admiral because the disparity between him and them is too big. The admirals are the marines ultimate assault force, and one of the 3 alone is more than adequate to dispose of rookies on Luffy's level (like Kizaru effortlessly did to the 4 supernovas at the archipelago). Also, if Akainu really is a logia (most likely the case just for the sake following the trend of the other two admirals), the only way Luffy can harm him is if he utilizes his King's Haki, and we know that he still cannot control it properly nor use it adeptly/proficiently.
Um.. more like Luffy doesn't even know about it. He's just a huge bundle of potential that has yet to be discovered or realized.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:38   Link #55
Big Daddy

So you guys really believe that hancock and Luffy did NOTHING on the way to impel down? I bet my top dollar luffy knows a lot more about haki now than he did before. Hancock had to know that the only way luffy would be able to save ace was to utilize his haki.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:52   Link #56
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
So you guys really believe that hancock and Luffy did NOTHING on the way to impel down? I bet my top dollar luffy knows a lot more about haki now than he did before. Hancock had to know that the only way luffy would be able to save ace was to utilize his haki.
Then maybe he should of used it in Impel Down instead of getting completely owned and nearly dying...
Old 2009-09-15, 19:58   Link #57
marvelB

Actually, I sorta did figure that Hancock may have given Luffy some sort of explanation of Haki during their voyage to Impel Down. Any sort of training wouldn't be possible, seeing as they were aboard a marine vessel (and Momonga already proved at Amazon Lily that he was able to resist Hancock's Mero Mero powers, so petrifying the whole lot of them wouldn't work). But in the end, I think that Luffy may at least be somewhat aware of his own "ambition", even if he doesn't know how to consciously utilize it, yet......
Old 2009-09-15, 20:08   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Um.. more like Luffy doesn't even know about it. He's just a huge bundle of potential that has yet to be discovered or realized.
Whether he knows about it or not, that still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't know how to use it to proficiently. Hancock even commented that he hasn't mastered his King's Haki yet.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:12   Link #59
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I doubt that they would take the risk of being discovered just for this,maybe she explained it to him and because our Luffy is genius he won't need any training to control his Haki.

And i wouldn't take Phenomenal serious,everyone admits that Naruto is loosing it,some people just don't like to admit that OP is just better
Of course, theres a reason OP outsells Naruto and Bleach in Japan.
Old 2009-09-15, 21:21   Link #60
Rainbowman

Quote:
Ha ha, I love Moria's reaction to seeing Luffy. I'll bet he wants to tear him apart for all the trouble he caused him at Thriller Bark! Also,, Doflamingo actually looked pretty interested in Luffy, judging from the pics. I wonder if he, like Bellamy, will attempt to convince Luffy to join him in his "New Age"......
That's something I'm looking forward to.

Quote:
Anyways, I thought Luffy looked pretty badass standing next to Whitebeard. As I already said before, I'm pretty certain that Luffy will avoid as many unnecessary battles as possible in order to reach Ace, so I guess ol' Newgate will back him up, despite telling him not to get in his way. If so, then I guess him and the stronger commander (Marco, Jozu, etc.) can keep the admirals at bay. But no matter what, I'm definitely sure that there will be at least one battle that Luffy can't avoid on his path to rescue Ace. The question is, of course, who will be the last person to stand in Luffy's way......?
I would have to guess Sengoku as he would not allow his reputation to be spoiled by anyone inferior than him. If only we had a history flashback on Sengoku himself then we could probably see how corrupt he had to be to lead up to this.
Closed Thread