AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-01, 14:05   Link #81
NekoYousei
-Trichy-

Send a message via AIM to NekoYousei

Has anyone heard/seen the OP/ED CD anywheres???

Edit: I know it doesn't come out till December, I meant for "preorder"
NekoYousei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 01:51   Link #82
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I really like the style of the ED of the show, the little poems and the beautiful scenes mix up with the start of the ED music, feels great I'd say!

It seems from all those little poems
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 02:23   Link #83
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Are you serious...

Well that'll make things interesting. But all I can say is "Akane... you're an idiot."
Old 2004-11-06, 18:50   Link #84
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well,
Spoiler for episode 5:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 19:22   Link #85
Miyuri

oh i had beenlooking forward for this anime for a while when i discovered the plot was similar to that of FY. Unfortunetly it did not give me the same impression...although i still have to wait and see. i was a bit dissappointed at Akane..(to be the honest i liked Miaka's personality =p)

she does not stand out and the characters son't seem to be surprised by their new surrounding...what's with that???? well i am still going to keep at it for a while but it better pick up some pace..it does not seem too interesting
Miyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 20:51   Link #86
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
oh i had beenlooking forward for this anime for a while when i discovered the plot was similar to that of FY. Unfortunetly it did not give me the same impression...although i still have to wait and see. i was a bit dissappointed at Akane..(to be the honest i liked Miaka's personality =p)

she does not stand out and the characters son't seem to be surprised by their new surrounding...what's with that???? well i am still going to keep at it for a while but it better pick up some pace..it does not seem too interesting
They aren't surprised because they all saw anime/cartoons or read books about people getting sucked into different worlds. It's not exactly a unique concept. And the characters had a warm up during the encounter back home. I think they might trouble getting used to living without modern conviences and food though.

Akane probably doesn't have a choice about loving Ashrem. Presumeably, the guy isn't a moron, and the dragon priestess is supposed to help defend the city. He's not going to force her appearence on the scene unless his summons also imparts some measure of control.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 05:52   Link #87
Wolfsbane68

Episode 6: Another ep and yet another idiot hopelessly in love with Akram BTW, is it just me or
Spoiler:
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 12:00   Link #88
batpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
Episode 6: Another ep and yet another idiot hopelessly in love with Akram BTW, is it just me or
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
batpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 13:39   Link #89
Sakuya
*Artist

We're up to episode 6 already? Aoi-Anime is still at 3. I wonder what happened?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 14:08   Link #90
batpig

Aoi-Anime hasn't been active for awhile it seems (even in their forums). The only other group doing Haruka is Anime-Keep but they are only up to episode 2.

If anyone is curious about the plot for the un-subbed episodes up to episode 6, I'd gladly do a summary.
batpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:29   Link #91
Sakuya
*Artist

Aoi-Anime just released episode 4.

Spoiler:

When Akane dressed up in that tradional garb, anyone know where the extra hair came from? I never knew they had wigs back then. Also, didn't Akane dress up for the festival? Then how come we see her return to her uniform later?
Old 2004-11-15, 17:03   Link #92
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I noticed that too... Extentions? Magic?

Series still moving slowly imo. Adding scenery shots for half a minute make it even slower at times. :/
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 17:14   Link #93
domino
デレデレ

Episode 4 was cute~. Yasuaki is still so cool!

Akane's hair/outfit thing confused me (though I thought the scenes about them were adorable). I'm guessing that the hair is extentions and I bet she changed her clothes because it looked like she couldn't walk at all in them (much less climb stairs and stuff). And she dressed up for the meeting, not the ceremony, right?

Spoiler for ep 4:

And yeah, the spelling of "Akran" was a little strange ^^; Since his name is "a ku ra mu". I usually see it as Akram or Akuram, but never Akran...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 18:29   Link #94
Sakuya
*Artist

When Yasuaki pronounced his name, it really did sound like "A-ku-ra-n" and he didn't seem to pronounce the last "mu" sound (if he did, then it was a seriously short and inaudible).
Old 2004-11-15, 19:28   Link #95
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
When Yasuaki pronounced his name, it really did sound like "A-ku-ra-n" and he didn't seem to pronounce the last "mu" sound (if he did, then it was a seriously short and inaudible).
It did sound that way, but I meant that the official spelling of his name is "A ku ra mu". Here's his character page on the official site:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/haruka/cha.../1_10acram.htm

(and even though the filename spells it Acram, it's not the official English spelling of his name, since the filename for his profile in Haruka2 is Akuramu.htm .... just a random bit of info ^^; )
Old 2004-11-17, 01:19   Link #96
Sakuya
*Artist

I just saw some screencaps of the opening for the OVA. I want! The art is so much more beautiful which is beautiful x100000!!!! Anyone know where I can download the sub from Oretachi Media Group via BT? It's weird that Animesuki doesn't have it despite that they have the group listed.
Old 2004-11-17, 04:37   Link #97
Wolfsbane68

So
Spoiler:
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 18:38   Link #98
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig
Aoi-Anime hasn't been active for awhile it seems (even in their forums). The only other group doing Haruka is Anime-Keep but they are only up to episode 2.

If anyone is curious about the plot for the un-subbed episodes up to episode 6, I'd gladly do a summary.
Could you please discuss the going-ons of the latest episodes? Thanks in advance.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 10:48   Link #99
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just watched the 5th episode... Perhaps it's just me but the pace felt reeeeally slow yet again. I could probably have skipped this episode and not really miss anything of the actual story. Sure, some of the characters were fleshed out a bit but nothing of real consequence happened.

Spoiler:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:20   Link #100
domino
デレデレ

Ooh, episode 5 is probably my favorite so far. I love how it focused more on emotion than action (since that's what makes shoujo anime shoujo). It made me like half of the characters at least twice as much (especially Yorihisa!!). ^^ I think these kinds of episodes are useful to the story, though in a less obvious way. Like for Fullmetal Alchemist, I could've probably skipped most of the early filler episodes, but those episodes gave me more appreciation for the characters. If FMA didn't have filler to put meat on their characters, I probably wouldn't have cared so much about them by the time something serious happened.

The next episode looks like it will be a little darker... But episode 5 was great. I laughed a lot through it just because it was so... cute. But one of my favorite things about the end of this episode is....

Spoiler for episode 5:

The poems at the end of each episode... I wonder what meaning they have to the overall picture. Episode 5's poem seemed especially vague (but I'm not good at understanding poetry...). It would be interesting if someone posted all of the poems and what they think each one means in relation to the story. :p