AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Rozen Maiden characters? (Multiple Choice)
Suigintou 361 55.28%
Kanaria 67 10.26%
Suiseiseki 362 55.44%
Souseiseki 150 22.97%
Shinku 282 43.19%
Hina-Ichigo 140 21.44%
Kirakishou 78 11.94%
Barasuishou 71 10.87%
Jun Sakurada 54 8.27%
Nori Sakurada 39 5.97%
Tomoe Kashiwaba 68 10.41%
Mitsu Kusabue (Mi-chan) 12 1.84%
Megu Kakizaki 71 10.87%
Shirosaki and/or Laplace no Ma (Laplace's Demon) 16 2.45%
Detective Kun Kun 70 10.72%
Others (please specify) 11 1.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-16, 10:36   Link #141
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
As for Asshat Rabbit, I hate him. He basically orchistrated the Alice Massacre, convinced Enju to make Barasuihso murder the other dolls, knowing that she would be destroyed in the process. Either he did it to because his true loyalty lies with Kirakishou, or he is just did it out of sadisim. I certainly don't see him helping Kira out of loyalty, he probably is manipulating her too.
I wouldn't exactly say that Laplace 'convinced' Enju into making Bara Suishou for the sole purpose of gathering all the Rosa Mysticae into herself..

Enju himself had the desire to overthrow (,sort of speak) Rozen, as a Maestro... surpassing his once master in terms of acomplishments within the same field..; this beeing.. achieving a creation that would be superior to those of Rozen.

The result of this (in Enju's eyes) was Bara Suishou.., however it just didn't feel like it was enough... Despite the fact that any of the Rozen Maiden could one day become Alice, each had something that Bara Suishou did not (or we assume that she didn't); a Rosa Mystica.
..And Enju knew this, but even still he was determined to prove that his creation was far superior to those created by Rozen..., hence he instigated Bara to engage in the Alice Game for the sole purpose of gathering each Rosa Mysticae that existed...; thus not only rendering Rozen's creations as defeated and now obselete.., but also showing as how Bara was superior in every way to that she alone could hopefully even become Alice.

The entire point behind Enju's intentions was purely to prove that Bara was superior to all of Rozen's creations, by overcoming these, surpassing them and at least defeat them. Obtaining each's Rosa Mystica as a throphy more then rather hopeing that the chance of once she obtained all, she could reach Alice.

And Bara whom blindly loved her Father, would, and did not as we saw.. stop at any obstacle to achieve her Father's desire...; in fact we can clearly say that Bara's only reason & prespective was that of Enju's... for the love she had to him, she wanted to be what he desired her to be at any cost.
..which ended up beeing the reason why she did not release the Rosa Mysticae when Enju asked her, as he noticed she could no longer contain them..., even though.. it would end up destroying her.

Now.. all of this because.. Enju himself was not of pure heart, it is possible that at times he once was, however at that point in time the choice to having followed this path was mainly his own; his own desire to surpass his master drove him to the actions that we saw take place.

It is possible that somewhere arround the lines in times past Laplace might had "some" sort of influence on Enju, more like instigating that 'feel' of that he could be one day better then Rozen..., but at that moment Laplace was mearly a spectator, pulling the strings whenever it was necessary to drive the events into following a certain path (that he desired).

However what we can say is that he toke advantage of the situation; situation this beeing Enju's own desire to surpass Rozen.. and then as a puppeteer, always behind the curtains, orchestrated it according to his own personal agenda & goals.

For Laplace, like he himself said... all the events that unfoled in ~Traumend~ where nothing but a 'stage play', that later came to a conclusion...; and if we are to look on this from his prespective we can conclude in those exact same words that that was what it was all about..

There seem to be inumerous possibilities as to how Laplace can actualy manipulate the chess pawns to follow his own desired path, in this particular case he simply saw that Enju's situation could prove itself to be rather amusing.., and that in the end, one way or the other he could take his own profit... apart from the amusement itself of course.

Judging Laplace's caracter.., he clearly would not have it any other way that would not involve bringing some form of (to us) twisted amusement based on the tragedy of all those involved.

His loyalty to Kira now.. unfortunatly is a subject that we cannot state many afirmations..
..clearly as I stated previously we can come to a certain conclusion regarding his role in ~Traumend~, and the reasons that lead him to take on such... however when it comes to the choice of handing Sousei Seki's and Hina's Rosa Mystica over to Kira in the end.. all we can do is speculate if Kira is in fact the one that holds the reason as why Laplace did what he did, or if in fact Kira is just one more pawn that Laplace will use in a now 'new stage play' that is about to unfold.

Clearly either way Laplace is not without having his amusement, the question now lies in if Kira is actualy the main goal behind his actions, or if she is just another puppet.

Aspects that 1 year from now I hope Season 3 will answer us , however now in ~Ouverture~ we will see if Laplace had or not any influence in instigating the shift that happened between Gin & Shinku.
Old 2006-12-16, 11:35   Link #142
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu View Post
The entire point behind Enju's intentions was purely to prove that Bara was superior to all of Rozen's creations, by overcoming these, surpassing them and at least defeat them. Obtaining each's Rosa Mystica as a throphy more then rather hopeing that the chance of once she obtained all, she could reach Alice.
But notice that Enju at one point really did want Shinku to win. And also, he did not expect Bara to break up; meaning that he expected her to turn into his Alice. So I believe that just to add insult to injury, he desired not only to destroy the other creations of Rozen but also steal Rozen's Alice from him. I.e. he did want Alice to be realized too, that would be the cherry on the cake of revenge.

Quote:
And Bara whom blindly loved her Father, would, and did not as we saw.. stop at any obstacle to achieve her Father's desire...; in fact we can clearly say that Bara's only reason & prespective was that of Enju's... for the love she had to him, she wanted to be what he desired her to be at any cost.
..which ended up beeing the reason why she did not release the Rosa Mysticae when Enju asked her, as he noticed she could no longer contain them..., even though.. it would end up destroying her.
Thats a good point of view, I never thought of it like that. I always tot once taken in, they could not be released by will. Either that or she was too greedy for them
Old 2006-12-16, 11:44   Link #143
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Hmm, while I do agree with what you said, I think Laplace merely fanned the flames of Enju's hatred. While Enju is eaten up with envy of Rozen, I wouldn't be suprised if Laplace was the one he convinced him to create Barasuisho, or at the very least, use her to battle the Rozen Maidens. While the desire to surpass Rozen was there, im pretty sure Laplace was the one who gave him the idea of destroying the Rozen Maidens with Barasuisho. Enju's finest creation vs Rozen's (I think that was why he wanted Shinku destroyed, as she seems to be Rozen's masterpiece out of his materpieces)

In the same way Barasuisho and Sugintou manipulated Soseiseki into starting the Alice Game, taking advantage of her pure desire to make Father happy. While Soseiseki had the desire, she was tricked into attacking her sisters as a result, legitimately starting the Alice Game.

There is a lot of manipulation in Traummend..........

Bstd Bunny manipulates Enju, who manipulates Barasuisho, who manipulates Sugintou, who manipulates Soseiseki.

That's a lot of trickery.
Old 2006-12-16, 14:23   Link #144
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
But notice that Enju at one point really did want Shinku to win. And also, he did not expect Bara to break up; meaning that he expected her to turn into his Alice. So I believe that just to add insult to injury, he desired not only to destroy the other creations of Rozen but also steal Rozen's Alice from him. I.e. he did want Alice to be realized too, that would be the cherry on the cake of revenge.
Enju wanted Shinku to win at one point ? Enju doesn't exactly express his emotions in the best of ways.. so I can understand why you may think this..; however lets see if I can find words to explain as to why I belive this is rong..

Enju admires Shinku, he admires her as (very probably) Rozen's finest creation, also viewing her as that whom has the more potential in reaching Alice. His admiration comes essencialy from a creator's point of view, he views Shinku as having a more special beauty when in relation towards the other dolls, there is something in Shinku that makes her superior to all the other of Rozen's creations.

Hence now as a creator of a doll himself, doll this that is created to for the sole porpuse to surpass those of Rozen, including his finnest; he sees Shinku as the ultimate goal to overcome in the process..., he admires Shinku for he wants his doll to be like her, as beautiful as her, and then.. surpass her.

The reason as to why Enju shows the desire to see Shinku fight is because like I previously said, he recognizes her as a goal to reach, but this goal can only be surpassed if Shinku is in her entire potential..
..If Bara where to have defeated Shinku, with this showing no will to fight; in Enju's prespective Bara would have failed to prove herself as a superior creation to that of what he considers Rozen's finnest.

Thus his admiration towards his master's creation.., he desires for her to rise to her full potential, to become stronger and fight; so that when his creation defeats her, his creation will truly have surpassed that of his master's on its highest level.

Beeing because of this the reason as why he stopped Jun from interfearing.., for he was afraid his words would have some influence as to how Shinku might respond.., and if this was to mean that she would forfeit, that was not the outcome that he desired.

However we can clearly see a cringe on Enju's expression as when it seemed as if Shinku was about to defeat Bara in episode 13, probably the thoughts that went through his mind at the time where that maybe he should not have instigated Shinku into her full potential.., for he deep inside might have reconized that Bara would not be able to surpass her..
..which is why after that he clearly just became content with the fact that Bara came out victorious, seeing how close she came to lose, probably his prespectives on that matter immediatly changed, and now he was nothing more then extreamly happy that his creation had surpassed all of his master's, regardless of how that came to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Thats a good point of view, I never thought of it like that. I always tot once taken in, they could not be released by will. Either that or she was too greedy for them
I belive that every Rozen Maiden & Bara alike have the ability to "release" they're Rosa Mystica if they're desire is to do such..., often have we heard Gin mencione towards Shinku, Suisei Seki, etc. for them to " hand over " they're Rosa Mystica before they engage in combat.

So.., taking this in mind.., Bara could have probably released all the Rosa Mysticae that she had contained in herself, this to prevent her detriment from going beyond repair.
However, even though Enju noticed this and asked her to do such, Bara knew that if she where to release the Rosa Mysticae she would have failed in having become superior to Rozen's creations.., even though probably upon seeing his doll crumble into pieces, Enju no longer cared for such.., it was Bara's choice that came into play..
She herself chose not to release them, for she herself for the love and blind devotion she had to her Father, would rather crumble then to show that she had failed in achieving her Father's wish..., releasing the Rosa Mysticae would be like admiting defeat towards Rozen's creations over Enju's.

It is clearly a fact that Enju did not know that the doll he created could not contain the Rosa Mysticae, hence why I stated that there always was the possibility that he might even have expected to see Bara reach Alice once she had all the Rosa Mysticae in her possession; but this seemed more of something extra, as a bonus in the end rather then the last objective itself..
To me Enju's only objective at first was simply and purely for his creation to surpass those created by his master.

-

A small note now..
..Just because that Enju views Shinku as Rozen's finnest creation does by no way mean that she is in fact to be considered as such
Old 2006-12-16, 16:07   Link #145
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
Hello Rozen Maiden fans.

Kinda hard to narrow down to just one or two votes, as I love all of the RMs. Anyways I voted for both Suiseisuki and Sugintou.

Sugintou - Definitely one of my favourite antagonists now thanks to her excellent performance in season one. As Shinku had put it, Sugintou desire to meet Rozen is definitely the strongest and the purest of all the RMs. Little wonder she could easily cast aside their sibling bonds and having no qualms about extracting the others Rosa Mystique by any means possible. Then, when I saw the scene when she was engulfed in flames, and the truth about her appearance/body came to light, I cannot help but sympathized with her, yes I guess part of her immerse inferiority complex also fueled her desire to became Alice. Truly a tragic heroine in her own right...V_V

I truly hope even more shall be revealed in Ouverture about this already deep and complex RM and the great animosity between her and Shinku.

Suiseisuki - Really love every single interaction scene of her and Hina, and of course her ~desu at the end of almost every single sentence. Despite her somewhat mean, childish and almost evil personality, apparently she also has a another soft and some what vulnerable side that I find it totally endearing. Her bed time story reading scene with Jun best describes this. And yet her unconditional love for her twin sister is one of the strongest I have ever seen in an anime. The scene whereby she explained her resolution about the Alice Game to Souseiseki really pulled my heart strings. It's sad that in the end even Souseiseki was ultimately manipulated and was forced to initiate the Alice Game. I cannot help but wonder IF Souseiseki and Suiseiseki were last ones standing in the Alice Game, since knowing that Suiseiseki would only surrender without a fight against Souseiseki, would Souseiseki still have the heart to swing down her blade at her own sister? I really hope IF there is ever a season three, they would spent as quickly as possible to resurrect both Souseiseki and Hina. I cannot help but feel sad looking at Suiseiseki's already crestfallen face. Yes she is my favourite RM too...^_^

Anyways I think I have talked too much so please ignore me while I go off and steal more Suiseiseki images in the other thread.
Old 2006-12-16, 16:37   Link #146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
~snip~

A small note now..
..Just because that Enju views Shinku as Rozen's finnest creation does by no way mean that she is in fact to be considered as such
wow...another wall of text O.o but its incredible how you are able to analyse to such depth and express them soo well ^_^ i have to agree with the points because they are all true ^_^ (or did you screw with my head to make me agree soo? [/spoiler]

neways i consider all the RM dolls to be great but gin sama is greater

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-20, 15:24   Link #147
-Wapanese-

Alu, are you a Psychologist or Sociologist by any chance? Lol, but seriously I love knowing that if something is ever hidden within metaphors or character-traits, you'll be there to interpret the situation.....smarty-pants
Old 2006-12-20, 15:30   Link #148
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

I voted for the following in order:

Shinku - The most lady-like of them all. Sure, she can be cold sometimes, but she can be incredibly sweet, too, if she really wanted to be. Also, the prettiest of the dolls.

Suiseiseki - Second on the list. If you are on her good side, she can be very sweet. Almost as pretty as Shinku.

Hina Ichigo - She's just extremely cute, kinda like a little sister.

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-20 at 15:31. Reason: Once again, confusing the names of Suiseiseki and Souseiseki
Old 2006-12-24, 08:03   Link #149
lucy06

i voted for Suigintou cause shes so cool every body likes a evil little doll right?
Old 2006-12-26, 03:41   Link #150
devilgirl11
nosebleed from hot anime

Send a message via MSN to devilgirl11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy06 View Post
i voted for Suigintou cause shes so cool every body likes a evil little doll right?
we all luv Suigintou but she's not that evil
Old 2006-12-26, 10:26   Link #151
ChibiAurora
The Chibi Phoenix

Gin-sama's still in the lead X3 After the OVA, that's not likely to change XD
Old 2006-12-26, 11:26   Link #152
devilgirl11
nosebleed from hot anime

Send a message via MSN to devilgirl11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiAurora View Post
Gin-sama's still in the lead X3 After the OVA, that's not likely to change XD
we all gin fans hope so
Old 2006-12-27, 17:10   Link #153
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilgirl11 View Post
we all luv Suigintou but she's not that evil
Kira is the only doll that seems truely evil to me.
Old 2006-12-27, 18:32   Link #154
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
As far as I know about her... she wants to help Suigin tou doesn't she (I read that shewanted to give to Gin her own Rosa Mystica) ?
Old 2006-12-27, 18:47   Link #155
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
i dont think shes evil ~ from what ive heard she is just crazy ~ for gin sama

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-27, 18:57   Link #156
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ooooo didn't know that... But if that is the case how about this for a theoretical twist. Kira was the Rosa Mystica meant to occupy Gin's body, but Gin animated on her own leaving Kira without a physical body.... Nah maybe too far fetched
Old 2006-12-27, 22:04   Link #157
Megu-chan
Is not junk!

Send a message via AIM to Megu-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Ooooo didn't know that... But if that is the case how about this for a theoretical twist. Kira was the Rosa Mystica meant to occupy Gin's body, but Gin animated on her own leaving Kira without a physical body.... Nah maybe too far fetched
That sounds just crazy enough to be true though...who knows!
Old 2006-12-28, 10:43   Link #158
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

After seeing Overture, I will have to change my top 3 characters from Rozen Maiden.

1. Suigintou
2. Shinku
3. Suiseiseki
Old 2006-12-28, 11:19   Link #159
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
As far as I know about her... she wants to help Suigin tou doesn't she (I read that shewanted to give to Gin her own Rosa Mystica) ?
Crazed fangirl.

They are always, always evil.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan

My Junk brings all the Dolls to the Yard!

You know, I think Sugintou and Kirakishou would probably be a LOT nicer, if Rozen wasn't such an asshat and finished them. He was so evil in the opening of Overture, leaving her naked and unfinished, while cuddling and loving the other dolls right in front of her face. He dosn't seem like such a nice person, as he was blatently rubbing her nose in it. As for poor Kira, she had no physical body and dumped in an N field, for a rose for a left eye.

Of course she's going to have issues.
Old 2006-12-28, 11:27   Link #160
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Sure is a lot of "my doll musst win/kicks all other doll's asses" fanboyism/fangirlism here. Exactly the same as what you'll find in fanboys of Kanon and Da Capo and To Heart and other shows like them. This "Gin kicks Stinku's ass" or "Gin is pure evil" or "Stinku rapes Gin" crap is pretty entertaining

I can just see Gin and Shinku shaking their heads at their fans and giving out a heavy sigh of disappointment Seems very few people understand their dillemma and the emotional pain that they both have felt.
Closed Thread