AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 13:10   Link #21
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I LOVE Ranka's new song.

Spoiler for Future titles:

Ranka sings Minmei's song Do You Remember Love. I can't decide which version I like more.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:10   Link #22
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
While I think the "race" is still wide open, this early "getting together" of AltoXRanka does bode well for a later AltoXSheryl pairing.

BTW, was it really Khyron... errrr, Quamzin?
It looks like his name is Temujin in the credits. A little Genghis Khan thing going I guess.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:25   Link #23
Key Board
Carbon

Thumbs up

Ranka unleashed a SUPER MOVE!

It's super effective!!!

and Sheryl's own Super Move Meter is charging up!

awesome
Old 2008-06-26, 13:26   Link #24
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Hikaru was a good pilot. He just had the misfortune of having competent oppenents.
Yeah. Let's not forget that Millia was sent out to meet Max on a misunderstanding, Hikaru was supposed to be the "superior opponent"

Also, Isamu was far from being a Slouch with the YF 19, and I suspect that eventually Alto will be a decent pilot, if he can get his emotions in check.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:27   Link #25
Tsuchiro

After this episode I have a feeling that Grace is the reason why Sheryl is sick.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:30   Link #26
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Yeah. Let's not forget that Millia was sent out to meet Max on a misunderstanding, Hikaru was supposed to be the "superior opponent"

Also, Isamu was far from being a Slouch with the YF 19, and I suspect that eventually Alto will be a decent pilot, if he can get his emotions in check.
Well, he dealt with that Quamzin clone effectively enough, as soon as he got actually got the chance to do something.

As for Rick, errrr, Hikaru... having a super-competent sub-ordinate ( and later also Max wife ) as "ompetition" did make him seem more regular. Nonetheless, he was vastly better than most other pilots.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:30   Link #27
Key Board
Carbon

well, someone is DEFINITELY conspiring with Quamzin clone.

Jeffrey suspected it.
Quamzin clone being contacted by someone confirmed it.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:35   Link #28
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While I think the "race" is still wide open, this early "getting together" of AltoXRanka does bode well for a later AltoXSheryl pairing.
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

It is now Sheryl who looks at the distance as Alto flies Ranka around.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.

Quote:
Ranka unleashed a SUPER MOVE!

It's super effective!!!

and Sheryl's own Super Move Meter is charging up!

awesome
That still made me laugh so hard.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:50   Link #29
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.
I have actually been waiting for the Super Move to hit, but I wasn't expecting it to be so devastating. The pain from not being able to fulfill her promise to let Alto fly in a real sky plus from her powerlessness must really hurt right now. It'll be really interesting to see how she grows after this episode. She was just getting really close to Alto and it seems like she has lost him. The question is whether she will close herself off to personal relationships again or adapt to her new found experience.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:54   Link #30
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:

Well, that was the implication in the eyecatch as well. Fame is a fleeting thing, like imprints in the sand.

That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. That sense of helplessness is quite a devastating experience for someone who is always used to being able to achieve things on their own ability. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.

One positive side effect is that we get confirmation of how intense Sheryl's feelings for Alto have become, without the distraction of the playful undertones that we usually see between them. It's amazing how much a character can be fleshed out on so few scenes.

I'm especially curious to see how this next episode will pan out.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:55   Link #31
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I have actually been waiting for the Super Move to hit, but I wasn't expecting it to be so devastating. The pain from not being able to fulfill her promise to let Alto fly in a real sky plus from her powerlessness must really hurt right now. It'll be really interesting to see how she grows after this episode. She was just getting really close to Alto and it seems like she has lost him. The question is whether she will close herself off to personal relationships again or adapt to her new found experience.
As a Sheryl fan, I know that it's strange for me to say this, but I personally love it. Sheryl's character has the potential to grow even more already, and, from this point on, this could be her make or break point. Let's hope they handle her character nicely.

Perhaps Ranka Super Move is the cousin of

Spoiler for Episode title:

What did Michel and Alto talk about regarding Ranka's birthday present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampstorm
That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.
I don't know if it's a result of her overworking herself, or it's a part of a larger scheme (by Grace, no doubt.)

Quote:
One positive side effect is that we get confirmation of how intense Sheryl's feelings for Alto have become, without the distraction of the playful undertones that we usually see between them. It's amazing how much a character can be fleshed out on so few scenes.
I find it so incredibly ironic that even though Ranka was depicted sympathetically the previous episode, it was actually Sheryl who couldn't deliver her own birthday present. The poor girl.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:56   Link #32
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

This...does not bode well for Ranka...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-06-26, 13:58   Link #33
Tsuchiro

Ranka is definitely falling into the minmei route now...
Old 2008-06-26, 13:59   Link #34
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, that was the implication in the eyecatch as well. Fame is a fleeting thing, like imprints in the sand.

That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. That sense of helplessness is quite a devastating experience for someone who is always used to being able to achieve things on their own ability. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.

I'm especially curious to see how this next episode will pan out.
Agreed. Though I must admit, that I've expected that. Macross Frontier will have 24/26? episodes - they have to fill em somehow. Setting a catalyst so that Ranka can approach Alto again was just a matter of time.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:05   Link #35
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
As a Sheryl fan, I know that it's strange for me to say this, but I personally love it. Sheryl's character has the potential to grow even more already, and, from this point on, this could be her make or break point. Let's hope they handle her character nicely.

What did Michel and Alto talk about regarding Ranka's birthday present?

I don't know if it's a result of her overworking herself, or it's a part of a larger scheme (by Grace, no doubt.)

I find it so incredibly ironic that even though Ranka was depicted sympathetically the previous episode, it was actually Sheryl who couldn't deliver her own birthday present. The poor girl.
Michel: I'll leave Ranka's trip home to you.

Alto: Huh?

Michel: Did you forget? Ranka-chan's first concert is tomorrow, but if you use "that". Don't worry. I'll bring Sheryl back.

Alto: But...

Michel: Ranka-chan went through all that just to come here so think about her feelings.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:35   Link #36
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Spoiler for Fastest Delivery:

This forum is going to explode in like 10 hours once the Chihiro subs start coming out.

And ickem... I think I'm starting to love your subs best of all...
Old 2008-06-26, 14:38   Link #37
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

lol... more like same day air delivery
Old 2008-06-26, 14:39   Link #38
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

This forum is going to explode in like 10 hours once the Chihiro subs start coming out.

And ickem... I think I'm starting to love your subs best of all...
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:39   Link #39
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
oh god.....
Old 2008-06-26, 14:44   Link #40
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I rofled at Ranka's entrance, that was damn awesome.

Eh, Sheryl took a big hit... I mean that short moment with Grace, that was pretty emotionally charged. I'm interested to see how she copes with it.

Honestly I feel Sheryl needed to be taken down a peg to make anything later believable and keep her in check... but I still can't help but feel bad for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Lets not bring that up... but I can tell things will be a mess.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Closed Thread