AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 6 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 7.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-20, 03:35   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pretty much going to echo what people are saying here, and i'm pretty damn sure i've never been this disappointed with an anime adaptation before in my life..

Fabio standards though, this episode was QUALITY.
Old 2009-09-20, 04:23   Link #22
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
*Looks at Poll*
*Punches Sassarai*
*Walks out....*
Are you mad because Fabio is winning? o_O HATER!

Welp... for most non- video game players, I think this ep was pretty good.

Fabio saving the day yet AGAIN!!?? That's so Fabio-like!
Old 2009-09-20, 04:34   Link #23
kalbron

What's the Fabio rating?

I think that sniping one handed must count for something yes?
Old 2009-09-20, 04:43   Link #24
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
What's the Fabio rating?

I think that sniping one handed must count for something yes?
Sniping with one hand while driving with the other! I'm pretty sure it was probably a manual transmission car as well!
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Fabio
Old 2009-09-20, 04:49   Link #25
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'm really starting to hate Faldio's voice actor.

First Neeba from The Tower of Druaga, now Faldio from Valkyria Chronicles. It's like he's always voicing characters that the viewers will surely hate or that are caught in a love triangle.

Eiji Kai(KimiKiss), Neeba(The Tower of Druaga), Yuuhei(Cross Game), Suzaku(Code Geass).

When he voiced Zwei(Phantom OVA), it was a total disaster(not his fault) since the OVA's sucked, but still...poor guy.
Old 2009-09-20, 04:58   Link #26
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Fabio
That sums up the reaction script writers are having. The are having hard-ons just from a single thought about him and how more awesome the can make him.

Sniping one handed and driving made them squirt in their pants for a week now.
Old 2009-09-20, 05:34   Link #27
reaper_unique

ok reading the comments I'm wondering what exactly did they change? I've seen how it is in the game and that was just >_< so how did they ruin it ?
Old 2009-09-20, 05:54   Link #28
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

So they dropped the best scene from the game. That is rather... disappointing... isn't it.

It's also very ironic that Emile is the one getting shot and not Oscar. It's so backwards.

On the other hand Squad 7 gets to go deep into action and not just for 5 seconds. That is... without the iconic Edelweiss.

Let's look at the bright side! SuperFabio+ gets to outshine the rest of the cast with his unbelievable superhuman actions once again! His missing from episode 24 was just there to build up our anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
ok reading the comments I'm wondering what exactly did they change? I've seen how it is in the game and that was just >_< so how did they ruin it ?
Spoiler for missing game scene:

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2009-09-20 at 06:09.
Old 2009-09-20, 06:38   Link #29
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I'm really starting to hate Faldio's voice actor.

First Neeba from The Tower of Druaga, now Faldio from Valkyria Chronicles. It's like he's always voicing characters that the viewers will surely hate or that are caught in a love triangle.

Eiji Kai(KimiKiss), Neeba(The Tower of Druaga), Yuuhei(Cross Game), Suzaku(Code Geass).

When he voiced Zwei(Phantom OVA), it was a total disaster(not his fault) since the OVA's sucked, but still...poor guy.
Sakurai Takahiro's forte is bishounen boys. I have yet to hear him voice an ugly character. Doesn't hurt that he IS good-looking in real life.
Old 2009-09-20, 07:24   Link #30
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Spoiler for missing game scene:
I know how it is in the game but how is it in the anime? I'm afraid to watch the raw
Old 2009-09-20, 07:36   Link #31
Chrono Helix

It's not even in the anime. Which is why everyone's disappointed.
Old 2009-09-20, 07:52   Link #32
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this with subs. Not really that disappointing though.
Spoiler:

Looking forward for the last, even if it looks like a death flag for the major crew.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:04   Link #33
justavisitor

just watched the subs...10/10!!! the pace is quite good, action paced episode..

now I fully aware that a scene is missing...I got spoiled by that already back in episode 1 ..got to admit I was waiting for the scene for few months...it sure disappointed me a lot that the scene got cut...but if you just watched the anime, everything is fine in this episode..well I hope the staff will make up something in episode 26 to compensate that
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-20, 09:39   Link #34
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

now I fully aware that a scene is missing...I got spoiled by that already back in episode 1 ..got to admit I was waiting for the scene for few months...it sure disappointed me a lot that the scene got cut...but if you just watched the anime, everything is fine in this episode..well I hope the staff will make up something in episode 26 to compensate that
Yes they will - they will show Faldio winning a war in nothing but swim-trunks in the end. This is the only thing they are capable of thinking of.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:54   Link #35
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yes they will - they will show Faldio winning a war in nothing but swim-trunks in the end. This is the only thing they are capable of thinking of.
This...

The show doesn't even warrant full responses from me anymore. So much epic fail. I hope the writers are tarred and feathered...
Old 2009-09-20, 09:57   Link #36
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Considering it's street fighting with enemy troops already lurking by, using Edelweiess isn't really a good idea; and since attacking the fort is an ad hoc change in plan, I can see why they don't have Edelweiess along.
They need to have Edelweiss, because it has something called smoke. In the game, the mobile fortress was successfully assaulted by Platoon 7 under a smokescreen with the Edelweiss providing cover for the troops. That is how that fortress was taken out. Instead, over here we have Platoon 7 pretty much blindly charging in with guns blazing and Fagio shooting magic bullets from behind. Yeah, very fucking convincing. No.

As for street battles. Keep in mind that the Edelweiss is essentially a heavy tank. In urban combat, utilizing tanks such as the Edelweiss wisely could turn the tide of the battle and easily become an enemy's worst nightmare. Just because the producers of this anime knows shit about combat strategy does not mean we have to level ourselves to their stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The show doesn't even warrant full responses from me anymore. So much epic fail. I hope the writers are tarred and feathered...
And burned! Dammit, BURNED!

But not before we use their bodies for target practice!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:42   Link #37
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Finished this with subs. Not really that disappointing though.
Considering it's street fighting with enemy troops already lurking by, using Edelweiess isn't really a good idea; and since attacking the fort is an ad hoc change in plan, I can see why they don't have Edelweiess along.
Aside from what Tak said, the only reasonable explanation was that they weren't planning on bringing it in the first place. However that still doesn't excuse them and Welkin could've gone, "Go get the Tank Zak, we'll hold off the Imps"

In fact, if they had brought in that city battle they had in the opening that would've been great.

What was apalling to me was the fact that we got these soldiers standing in the middle of nowhere shooting with zero cover. Emile should've had his head blown off.

Quote:
As about the missing Epic scene......Since Alicia isn't trying to sacrifice herself unlike in the game AND 7th is actually quite a distance from the fort, I can accept its dissappearance here. I'm optimistic that they'll save it for the last.
The epic scene existed because she was going to sacrifice herself, therefore it's not saved for last. She's the damsiel in distress right now.

Quote:

Hardly,

Ignoring the game, by the end of this I'm beginning to wonder what Welkin would've achieved. So far Faldio's been taking the spotlight and leaving the most impression. What was Welkin done?

Jaeger? What purpose did he served? Why was he in the show at all? Selvaria' and Alicia knowing each other....why? I thought that was an interesting development but nothing happened.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:48   Link #38
Runty

Tak, chillax and just wait. That scene will come in the next episode, I guarantee it. Stop being such a bigot because the anime isn't playing out like the game scene for scene.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:03   Link #39
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
I agree that the fort's assault is a bit meh, but I can agree 0% with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As for street battles. Keep in mind that the Edelweiss is essentially a heavy tank. In urban combat, utilizing tanks such as the Edelweiss wisely could turn the tide of the battle and easily become an enemy's worst nightmare. Just because the producers of this anime knows shit about combat strategy does not mean we have to level ourselves to their stupidity.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/ne...-tactics01.htm
I don't even want to quote (from the passage) that Russia lost most of a 120-tank brigade within hours against Chechen rebels, or the famous M1A1 got nailed by Iraqi by just one shot. Armoured units in urban warfare are, in most cases, canned food and turned to junk minutes later.
I'm not saying Welkin is incapable to command Edelweiss well, but odds are odds.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:05   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Tak, chillax and just wait. That scene will come in the next episode, I guarantee it. Stop being such a bigot because the anime isn't playing out like the game scene for scene.
He's just expressing his opinion. There's nothing wrong with that.

& you can guarantee it? Lol.