AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 14:14   Link #6361
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Than there are what a half dozen Maus around the world if you managed to use all the bodies under construction as full tanks?

Also that means Black Forest Peak and/or Miho's family has got some big buck and influance to get that many high profile tanks.

Tiger IIs, Tiger Is, jadgtiger, Ferdinand, and Maus are not common. Panthers and jadgpanzer IV, sure, but those other six tanks? No. Panzer IIIs are fairly common as well.

Ooarai having Tiger (P) is uncommon as all getout. Either they have the only combat model, or a converted recovery tank or a Ferdinand converted back to a Tiger (P). The StuG III, M3 Lee, and Panzer IV are common. The Char B1 and Type 3 might be uncommon. The Type 89 is probably common and unpopular. The Panzer 38(t) seems common enough for the conversion kit to be popular.
Old 2013-04-26, 20:11   Link #6362
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also that means Black Forest Peak and/or Miho's family has got some big buck and influance to get that many high profile tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Interesting info there, though yes also wondering why they can't just make replica tanks with the same specs as the originals, modernization improvements for safety notwithstanding.
To be fair, they didn't exactly rule out all possibility of replicas, just that second handers and restorations are the rule (主流). Further, those buyers able to get any tank really makes you wonder...

Nevertheless I have mixed feelings over this solution to the problem. It is canonically consistent - Yukari won't be quite so moved to see rare tanks like M4A4 (only 75 made!) and Maus if they can just be "punched out" new from a factory. However, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have tanks of "genuine lineage" as the norm. Sure, it might be a plus point for mania or "high class" Senshado clubs like a pedigree dog, and I can understand a market where they are sold for tens of times of a "replica tank", but for the public high school level certainly this is un-necessary and replica tanks are good enough.

One must turn to rather dark theories involving certain people who want to protect their trade, to include the second-hand dealers and old-time Senshado organizations wanting to preserve their superiority by keeping a hold-down on the more powerful tanks (they can't stop the Shermans but at least they can keep people from getting large numbers of higher tiered vehicles to challenge them).
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 21:07   Link #6363
Gravitas Free Zone

Some vehicles would still be rare; it would be easier to find replacement parts for the more commonly-used Sherman variants versus the rare ones like the A4s. It's possible to reverse-build parts (and possibly in the GuPverse people have done a better job of preserving blueprints than in our world), but there's still the matter of scale; turning out highly-specific individual pieces is extremely expensive compared to just running a line.

That said, this is a world with city ships half the length of Manhattan, so why wouldn't they have a CNC plant doing random tank parts for little more than the cost of electricity and materials?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 21:19   Link #6364
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Even if they did make replica tanks for sports, some would be high price item just to be high price. A company that makes new replica tanks would have to have massive factories to keep up with demand of new tanks for world coverage and spares for all the existing tanks that get beat up each battle.

You'd run production lines for the common and/or popular tanks, but the others would be specialty items. I can't see anyone setting up a production line for Maus and keeping the price within a profit margin. But as a specialty item, you can charge a lot for one Maus. Assuming it isn't one of the few existing hulls. Even then, you'd have to make parts and a turret for any others save the one complete Maus in the world.

Also makes you wonder what the Automotive team did to their own tank. The speed demon Tiger (P).
Old 2013-04-27, 01:07   Link #6365
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Industrial replicators, dood?
Old 2013-04-27, 01:13   Link #6366
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah, but then everyone would have good tanks.
Old 2013-04-27, 04:54   Link #6367
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Technically, it is entirely possible for a scratch-build tank based off of to be admitted, as long as a prototype exist or that there's plans for it. An extreme example that I have used before would be that a 38(t) mounting the Panzer IV turret with the 8cm PAW 600 hi-low pressure gun, which would utilize planned and existing parts, or that of the Adlerturm E-100.

Modifications such as the Vampir night-vision system on the Panther or the Schmalturm turrets would be fair game.

Building a whole new tank is essentially what many restorations ended up being, as Myssa Rei has said. There is nothing that would prohibit the construction of a reproduction vehicle, as long as the said vehicle is certified by the Senshado association.

I can actually picture Ooarai going the full 9 yard and scratch build their very own IS-3 with sand casted turret...

@arkhangelsk:
Can I use your translation as a source? Would you mind if I repost this onto 4chan and the /ak/ wiki? You've already done such a nice work with it...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2013-04-27 at 05:41.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:52   Link #6368
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@arkhangelsk:
Can I use your translation as a source? Would you mind if I repost this onto 4chan and the /ak/ wiki? You've already done such a nice work with it...
Go right ahead, Panzerfan. Refine it and post it everywhere.

Quote:
Modifications such as the Vampir night-vision system on the Panther or the Schmalturm turrets would be fair game.
But is there not already a dedicated active-IR night vision system for Panther? Why use an infantry set?

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2013-04-27 at 09:44.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 09:39   Link #6369
Gravitas Free Zone

I thought that Naomi was a pettanko, not... this... NSFW.

NSFW
Gratuitous NSFW wrapper.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:29   Link #6370
Silverkite
moetastic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Than there are what a half dozen Maus around the world if you managed to use all the bodies under construction as full tanks?

Tiger IIs, Tiger Is, jadgtiger, Ferdinand, and Maus are not common. Panthers and jadgpanzer IV, sure, but those other six tanks? No. Panzer IIIs are fairly common as well.

Ooarai having Tiger (P) is uncommon as all getout. Either they have the only combat model, or a converted recovery tank or a Ferdinand converted back to a Tiger (P). The StuG III, M3 Lee, and Panzer IV are common. The Char B1 and Type 3 might be uncommon. The Type 89 is probably common and unpopular. The Panzer 38(t) seems common enough for the conversion kit to be popular.
Ooarai's Leopon is the prototype,chassis is different from Ferdinands and recovery vehicles as some details are different from the only production vehicle who served in the Eastern Front.

Just to avoid common and dispersive links

http://henk.fox3000.com/maus.htm

Last edited by Silverkite; 2013-04-27 at 15:25.
Silverkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 12:41   Link #6371
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Silverkite, Ithekro: GuP universe seems to be a place where these tanks may have been in low level volume production after the war. From the OVA material, it seems to me that the Japanese issue is really in that the country is not the center of tank production and refits, so it must compete in an international market for high-profile tanks such as the German animal series.

@arkhangelsk: my bad. Nachtsichtgeraten is what I ought to have said.

This is an excerpt from the Missing Lynx:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Lynx
Minor alterations were made to the Panther G to accommodate this solution. A battery stand and electric generator were mounted in the right rear of the crew compartment by removing the three round ammunition bin stowed there. Also, the right rear external stowage bin was replaced with an armored bin for the FG1250 auxiliary equipment.

MNH were ordered to convert 50 Panthers in September, 70 in October, 80 in November and 100 in December of 1944. In November, MNH received orders to not convert any more Panthers. However, a month later, they received new orders requesting 30 more IR equipped Panthers.

Did they see action remains a constant source of controversy. In Culver & Feist's excellent reference Panther in Detail on page 138 is the following text: "In early 1945, one Panther (Ausf. A) fitted with 'Uhu' and 'Biwa' was ordered to the front at Stuhlweissenburg in Hungary. It was accompanied most probably by a Sd.Kfz. 251 fitted with 60cm 'Uhu' IR searchlight and a Sd.Kfz. 251 'Falke' support vehicle. It is reported that the 'Uhu'/'Biwa' combination worked successfully."
Something like this would've been immensely useful in Senshado matches, since they can continue well throughout the night. Having 700m visibility at night is a massive advantage.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 14:20   Link #6372
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Yukari

Images
Bento

Images
OVA 5

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:12   Link #6373
Dextro
He Without a Title

That Bento looks yummi.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:59   Link #6374
Silverkite
moetastic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Silverkite, Ithekro: GuP universe seems to be a place where these tanks may have been in low level volume production after the war. From the OVA material, it seems to me that the Japanese issue is really in that the country is not the center of tank production and refits, so it must compete in an international market for high-profile tanks such as the German animal series.
well I build models,so since I have some spare kits I'm planning to make some GuP 1/72 models,as for now I just write down a list of what I need for the Hetzer,noticed that I need both Dragon's and whatever maker was for the Maus,Trumpeter Stug Ausf. F with after market winter ketten and T34/76 '42 Cast Turret from Dragon and some other stuff here and there.

Still I have to ask if someone can print me GuP school and individual tank markings,but is on hold cause I need a good scan of Schokolade can as a base for this Panther ,once I get that I'm going to ask to some decal guys to print me them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjT8rCAfhk
Old 2013-04-27, 17:14   Link #6375
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Schokolade tin" in google might get you something.
Old 2013-04-27, 18:26   Link #6376
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverkite View Post
Still I have to ask if someone can print me GuP school and individual tank markings,but is on hold cause I need a good scan of Schokolade can as a base for this Panther ,once I get that I'm going to ask to some decal guys to print me them
I tried some printable decals for my 15mm models, but they didn't come out well at all. :-(

Ended up doing straight adhesive labels.

Lemme know if you need the high rez markings, I have a PDF I put together.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:17   Link #6377
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So we get a new character in the vein of Earl Grey it seems:

Images
Chihatan Commander Nishi Kinuyo

And now, you can buy Yukari's backpack too!

Images
Backpack Backpack!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-04-28 at 03:20. Reason: Added image
Old 2013-04-28, 02:25   Link #6378
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This anime is not only good, its a marketing genius on par with the N7 logo.
Old 2013-04-28, 03:07   Link #6379
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Anime News Network: Girls & Panzer Anime Gets 2014 Film, New OVA, Fan Disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Sunday's Girls und Panzer event revealed that production on an all-new film has been green-lit. Tsutomu Mizushima is once again directing the project for a 2014 opening. In addition, production on an original video anime about the battle against Anzio Girls High School has been green-lit. Finally, a fan disk with footage from Sunday's event will go on sale in September.
So instead of S2, we get MOVIE

Old 2013-04-28, 03:18   Link #6380
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Images
Megami

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks