4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-15, 16:34   Link #41
zero7090

so now shiroe can make contract for ppl joining his guild instant lv up to 90 (lvl up is nothing compare to class change/grant)
Old 2014-02-15, 16:56   Link #42
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Even though I kinda knew what was going to happen, I almost teared up with the Magical Girl Rudy contract signing scene. Our favorite golden retriever has grown up. :'D

Also Krusty is somewhat like a psociopath, smiling that Berserker smile of his while cutting down the goblin mobs. XD

I wonder if Issac is the opposite, Impulsive in normal situations, but calm and collective in battle as we're seen when we saw him clean the Log Horizon base.

And that Souji...might be playing his harem instead of that Shonen character obtuseness he exudes. XP

That ending, poor Akatsuki. Part of the whole romance issues with Shiroe's harem. XD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL

Last edited by Netto Azure; 2014-02-15 at 17:11.
Old 2014-02-15, 17:46   Link #43
HandofFate

Question about when Rudy woke up in the cathedral. He manipulated his user interface. Is that something People of the Land have? I don't think I ever seen one made any motions or glances at it. Or is it something that Rudy suddenly noticed when he woke up, and started poking at it.
Old 2014-02-15, 17:53   Link #44
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Question about when Rudy woke up in the cathedral. He manipulated his user interface. Is that something People of the Land have? I don't think I ever seen one made any motions or glances at it. Or is it something that Rudy suddenly noticed when he woke up, and started poking at it.
It was brought up in the LN after his revival; People of the Land do have a UI, but it's much simpler.
Old 2014-02-15, 18:49   Link #45
ellessarr
Banned

this is why this show is countless time better than the trash of sword art online where is just another "generic harem mc overpower who have godly power and can cheat and have all the womans in the world"

is sad who the otakus like more the trash sword art online than this one who in plot and history is much superior, even when the mc "cheat" is not a "godly cheat" (like turning in a gm who only him can have the power to control the world) is sad who we are near the end i really wish we can get a second season from this show cuz i gonna miss him and when the second season of the trash sao come we make me sad remember how a much better show is not anymore being showed.

well now this means who the adventures can have the power to true change this world, any one with the right amount of the knowledge(like shiro) and with the right profession/skill can literally turn in a god.

i liked how shiro "using game mechanics" could "cheat" like a real mmo, where you can use some "cleaver mechanics to turn a boss fight more easy or turn a hard quest more easy to do and things like that, not just "i'm harem shounen mc" then i can go god in everything at any time with anything.

really awesomen episode.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-02-15 at 19:24.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:09   Link #46
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
this is why this show is countless time better than the trash of sword art online where is just another "generic harem mc overpower who have godly power and can cheat and have all the womans in the world"

is sad who the otakus like more the trash sword art online than this one who in plot and history is much superior, even when the mc "cheat" is not a "godly cheat" (like turning in a gm who only him can have the power to control the world) is sad who we are near the end i really wish we can get a second season from this show cuz i gonna miss him and when the second season of the trash sao come we make me sad remember how a much better show is not moring being showed.
Don't trash SAO here, not that it really flares up into something big, but some people on this board do enjoy both series. Some also dislike the comparison in general, since these two shows only have the setting in common and little else.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:12   Link #47
The Green One

There's also no need to insult people who like it too. Everyone has different tastes.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:18   Link #48
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Don't trash SAO here, not that it really flares up into something big, but some people on this board do enjoy both series. Some also dislike the comparison in general, since these two shows only have the setting in common and little else.
yep and i'm fine with others peoples liking but i dont like i really hate generic, harem animes cuz their are too much copy of each other, this is why i prefer shows like log horizon who try to avoid or reduce the amount cliche things making really a good show for all type of peoples, not only targeted to a specifically type of "peoples".
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
There's also no need to insult people who like it too. Everyone has different tastes.
was for me??? where i was insulting anyone O.o???? i just say who for me SAO is trash/generic this is my opnion if others peoples dont agree fine i dont have problem, i not insulted anyone or otaku is a insult??

log horizon for me is being a much better developed and worked plot than SAO, where actually we are being showed to the world and all the things and not just the mc is the completly the focus and everything regards him is pointless or just dont need be take in regards.( i'm talking about anime not LN who i never read and dont know if what their dont did in anime their did in LN, what can be very sad).

i really liked the way of shiro used what he learned from the guy to find a cleaver way to "cheat" without sounds like he really is cheating, he still using the rules of the game(but rules who for now only him know).
Old 2014-02-15, 19:27   Link #49
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
yep and i'm fine with others peoples liking but i dont like i really hate generic, harem animes cuz their are too much copy of each other, this is why i prefer shows like log horizon who try to avoid or reduce the amount cliche things making really a good show for all type of peoples, not only targeted to a specifically type of "peoples".

was for me??? where i was insulting anyone O.o???? i just say who for me SAO is trash/generic this is my opnion if others peoples dont agree fine i dont have problem, i not insulted anyone or otaku is a insult??

log horizon for me is being a much better developed and worked plot than SAO, where actually we are being showed to the world and all the things and not just the mc is the completly the focus and everything regards him is pointless or just dont need be take in regards.( i'm talking about anime not LN who i never read and dont know if what their dont did in anime their did in LN, what can be very sad).
Calling SAO trash and saying that it's sad that otakus like SAO more is indirectly insulting anyone who likes SAO, which some people here, who like Log Horizon, do.

Random thing I noticed: next episode isn't following the name of the LN chapter like it normally does.

Also, BD 2 (Limited Edition?) has been put up for sale. Seems as though LE includes another bonus drama CD. Not sure about the details though, can't trust Google Translator.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-02-15 at 19:41.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:40   Link #50
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Calling SAO trash and saying that it's sad that otakus like SAO more is indirectly insulting anyone who likes SAO, which some people here, who like Log Horizon, do.

Random thing I noticed: next episode isn't following the name of the LN chapter like it normally does.
lol man this is crazy, when i said who "otakus" like more SAO than Log Horizon, this dont have nothing to do with the peoples here, i say that cuz in japan SAO is record of sales because is the most popular LN in japa while Log Horizon no, just that and when i talk about otakus i talk about japaneses and even i dont consider "otaku" a insult i have otaku friends, what the problem for me is who we have "otakus"(peoples who like anime/manga/LN) and hardcore "otakus"(crazy ones who live for Animes/mangas/LN) the second is the one who give me nervs cuz their are the most creep ones with too much disturbin fetiches if i wanted to insult anyone i could told others things.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:41   Link #51
Entravity

I wonder if Rudy will live longer now? Interesting that adventurer is his subclass. Is he stuck with it or will he be able to take up another subclass later?

Good stuff.
Old 2014-02-15, 20:27   Link #52
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I love both SAO and Log Horizon. Does that mean I am trash? I enjoy Mamare's writing on the Political Economy of MMO-esque worlds and Kawahara' Reki's more intimate psychological aspects of MMO's.

I seriously do feel hurt when people criticize a show without throughly thinking about what they are saying and the implications of such opinions.

As have been pointed out. Everyone has their own tastes, and SAO hating doesn't redeem oneself in the end and doesn't advance discussion at all.

In the end I'd rather constructively criticize rather than blathering about the same things week after week after week as if saying it makes it true.

Old 2014-02-15, 20:47   Link #53
ellessarr
Banned

a thing who i dont get or maybe failed to see is in what moment minori find about ruden being a npc???, isuze we see but minori i dont see any hint about her find about him being a npc not a player, this was showed in anime?? if not was showed in the novel??? in what moment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I love both SAO and Log Horizon. Does that mean I am trash? I enjoy Mamare's writing on the Political Economy of MMO-esque worlds and Kawahara' Reki's more intimate psychological aspects of MMO's.

I seriously do feel hurt when people criticize a show without throughly thinking about what they are saying and the implications of such opinions.

As have been pointed out. Everyone has their own tastes, and SAO hating doesn't redeem oneself in the end and doesn't advance discussion at all.

In the end I'd rather constructively criticize rather than blathering about the same things week after week after week as if saying it makes it true.
i like some crap things too but this dont means who i'm creep, just say what i thing about the anime based on what i watched and SAO dont give me anything better than any other same type show "insert any random generic harem ln action".

for me log horizon deal much better with both social and psychological than SAO with just psychological specially on the second part where we go to the "faeries world" where was even worse and more generic than when was in the SAO world where actually we get really something in the beginner before go to the "generic harem path".
Old 2014-02-15, 20:49   Link #54
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wonder if Raynesia will one day have Subclass: Adventurer too?

It is inevitable that someone will try to kill her one day.

And who's the chick with Krusty and Rieze?
Old 2014-02-15, 20:53   Link #55
ices
Working Hard

@ellessarr Probably at Episode 14. After this scene below.

Minori reactions after that seems pointing that she knows that Rudy is Landers.
Old 2014-02-15, 20:56   Link #56
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
See the first page.

Spoiler for tidbit you will find out on the first page:
Old 2014-02-15, 21:03   Link #57
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It was posted somewhere else here but basically this was a fanfic turned canon character.

Anyways to each their own, ellessarr. My views on SAO get conflagrated with the subsequent arcs of GGO, Mother's Rosario and Caliber anyways, so much of the truncated writing in SAO and ALO gets papered over.

I just don't really subscribe to this idea that either series is superior over the other. They deal with very different social mechanics. (SAO's Introspective vs. LogHora's expansive Group multi actor interactions) That one could take something very different in the end.

Old 2014-02-15, 21:09   Link #58
Nvis
Where are the good animes

<-----my reaction

Quote:
See the first page.

Spoiler for tidbit you will find out on the first page:
Old 2014-02-15, 21:27   Link #59
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
@ellessarr Probably at Episode 14. After this scene below.

Minori reactions after that seems pointing that she knows that Rudy is Landers.
I agree. This is when Minori realized that Rudy was a Lander. She had an odd expression on her face like she had noticed something. My reaction to her face was that she noticed that the colors were different even though I didn't understand the significance of the colors until I came here. Later, whenever the party discussed doing something dangerous, she would almost say "But you can't do that. You're ...." or she would look very worried. Minori was the first to know. She discovered it the same time we did.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-02-15, 21:29   Link #60
Ickarium

I actually do think Log Horizon is superior, but don't think SAO is a bad show. There are certain elements not for me, though. I get annoyed with the main character a lot and didn't like the sister arc in the second half as I found it squicky for instance, though this is subjective.

From a semi-objective narrative level: the first half is very strong. The second half leaves us with Asuna being fridged and a villain who is Evil(TM) without being /fun/ about it, so he doesn't feel very interesting. As a character, he's a cardboard villain without anything to grab the watcher's attention. It also was basically was a repeat of the first arc in many respects, too. It would have been better done differently.

As an example, if the author wanted to focus on Kirito's relationship with his sister, it could have been explored in other ways.