AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-07, 16:53   Link #2381
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You're not presenting good reasons for me to not start writing crack...

So Keroko impulsiveness + Rune pervertedness = Crack!

The hard bit is Vivio... But maybe just Keroko will do...

*Runs*
Just tell Vivio she isn't allowed to play so she'll become so determined to play she'll beg By the time she realizes she's been tricked it'll be too late.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 16:55   Link #2382
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Just tell Vivio she isn't allowed to play so she'll become so determined to play she'll beg By the time she realizes she's been tricked it'll be too late.

Well in Arc-en-Ciel Vivio is Rune's student... She calls her Rune-sempai
Maybe I can find a way to trick her... Kukukukukukukuku
Old 2008-07-07, 16:57   Link #2383
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Well in Arc-en-Ciel Vivio is Rune's student... She calls her Rune-sempai
Maybe I can find a way to trick her... Kukukukukukukuku
Rune: Sorry Vivio this is a game for adults

Vivio: H-hey I'm adult... enough!

Rune: If you insist...

30 minutes later

Vivio: *Now nearly naked* TT-TT not fair
Old 2008-07-07, 16:58   Link #2384
krisslanza

Quote:
Rune: Sorry Vivio this is a game for adults

Vivio: H-hey I'm adult... enough!

Rune: If you insist...

30 minutes later

Vivio: *Now nearly naked* TT-TT not fair
Exactly!
Though a strip poker crack is... Hard. See with yakyuken crack I can use dice to determine who wins (Assigning 2 numbers to each symbol per character and rolling dice to see who wins and stuff)

But how can I find a way to do that with poker...?
Old 2008-07-07, 17:30   Link #2385
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
*Imagines Comar sitting under a cardboard box in the middle of an abadoned construction zone, looking utterly bewildered*

*runs*
*Corrects the image to depict Comar sitting under a tree on a barren lakeside lot adorned only by a motor home, a fire pit, and a few dozen other trees, with a bear looking over his shoulder at the AS homepage displayed on his browser*

*...then runs from the bear*

Quote:
Your evolutionary purpose is nothing before anime's Three Exalted Words:

Rule. Of. Cool.
And on the 8th day, God created awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
On the subject of devices and bodyguards:
Seems like it'd be a bit easier in Nanoha to avoid the henshins. If your BJ takes whatever form you want it to, then someone who expects to need it at any moment could force it to assume the form of his casual wear; a magical pair of jeans and a t-shirt or something, for instance. And since magic doesn't need a device in order to be used, the split-second it takes to transform your device out of its' storage mode should be rather negligible.

On a completely unrelated topic, has anyone tried to do a Neo-Mid system?

Neo-Belka takes the groundings of AB and applies Mid techniques to them; an idea I had for Alex (since Cinque went and hijacked the Steel Mage concept) was to reverse the process, and make a Mid system with Belkan concepts applied to it.

Since Alex has grown up in the Saint Church, he idolizes the Church Knights and decides to make up his own style while still playing to his strengths (energy manipulation instead of pseudomatter manipulation). The result is a Mid-type user who specializes in melee and short-range combat using lots of energy blades and an array of other spells like binding spells that can be used like whips, energy daggers and blades used as projectiles, etc. Anyone have any similar systems I could use for additional ideas and inspiration?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 18:26   Link #2386
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Figured I'd share this here, too :3

Don't ask where this came from because not even I know...

Spoiler for Bump in the Night:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 20:19   Link #2387
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
I think this might be quite the prudent litmus test for Mary-Sue tests :3

Linkage
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 20:27   Link #2388
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post

Linkage
Hmm. Noland scored a 16. Yay.

I would also point this one out:

Linkage

Got an 8 with that one :3
Old 2008-07-07, 20:28   Link #2389
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Linkage
I wonder if it'd blow up if I selected them all :3

Mary Sue Litmus Test: That's not a sue it's an Uber Sue! Save the children!
Old 2008-07-07, 20:45   Link #2390
krisslanza

Quote:

Linkage
I've taken those. I think all my OCs scored as being Mary-Sue or Uber-Sues.
Old 2008-07-07, 21:36   Link #2391
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
So they like beating each other up during their sparring 'dates', huh...?
>_>
It was a trait Fate picked up from Nanoha, and Kha's always following Fate's lead...

OH SHI--

Quote:
The cat's out of the bag...
<_<
*looks at empty bag*

Erm, what cat?

Quote:
Should have kept my mouth shut!
>_<
That's how Khrack grows.

But to be honest its really difficult to pull that stunt outside of Knight's Garb, and it's not very practical. If ya kicking already, might as well just slice him.

Quote:
In a sense, yes.

I don't like how 7arcs seemingly made Hayate as a helpless solo combatant. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I hate the concept in itself, I just hate the insanely high degree they used the glass cannon nerf-bat. -_-

Being a spellcaster type is a pretty difficult class to be in. But in Hayate's case, she has so much potential in managing to circumvent such. (Potential wasted in StrikerS.) But then, I can at least have my say.:3 And for me, she's quite honestly the most multidimensional of any of the Canon Aces. There's so much untapped character development and possible field dynamics to explore. *holds back another mention of my unspeakable hate for 7arcs* To me, she's the most 'human' and least static of the three. There's also the fact that I just love her occasional bouts of mischievousness that adds a great twist to her Main-character (Though the treatment she receives is even worse compared to side-characters. -_-) mandatory 'nice girl' personality. Oh, and of course I find her more attractive compared to the other two, almost forgot to say it.

I've always had the tendency to have a lot of interest in uncommon stuff. Same applies for the characters I make and how I develop some Canon Characters. Easiest example would be Aurion's device, which is a prosthetic arm. XD

Though some times I may have the tendency to try making my work too radically different whilst at the same time trying to stick as much as possible to Canon...

In any case, I hope I've done relatively well so far...^^;;
Yes you have!

Quote:
EDIT: I just watched Slayers Revolution episode 1. I think I'll be liking the show a lot despite this being the first season I watch in the series. XD
Watching it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
We all feel atracted to different things. Kha seems to have gone the most mainstream of us three.
I guess it was how Kha was made. Back in AlternateS, he was designed as the 4th Ace, and so had traits, skills and powers modelled after the others, but geared towards what they lacked (tank, less DPS, healing, buffing-- Hence the Paladin choice). And after learning a few lessons in OC, and adapting for Keroko, Kha became even more entrenched.

It was a really scary adventure, because for the first time, a Ces'rauva was not only a primary character, he was directly affected by major events in the timeline, and rose as a powerful figure in an organization. When all along, Ces'rauva just nudged things along on the side, while the story focused wholly on the main character from the series.

Quote:
Let me spell it out:

Keroko. Is. Impulsive.

As long as it doesn't involve the lives of people that can't take the amount of punishment she can, what she does has a tendency to register a few key seconds after she did it.
*readjusts aggro balance*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Figured I'd share this here, too :3

Don't ask where this came from because not even I know...

Spoiler for Bump in the Night:
AMV parody of Vampire Fate from FF thread much?

Quote:

Linkage
Doing a quick run through, and I found the majority of my OCs land in the 20s, with the frontliners like Artei, Sophia, and Allie hitting the 30s. But plugging in CCs, the only CC below 40 was those we have little detail of, like the bridge bunnies. Vice is a Mary Sue for his past, and so are the Wolkies. Except Zafira, who's shafting has shielded him from Sueism. Nanoha and Hayate hit the 60s, which was expected.

Basically, the more detail you cram into a character, the higher the OC will climb.

So who's the biggest Mary "CC" Sue? Fate topped off at 74, the only CC to be an Irredeemable.
And needless to guess, the biggest Mary "OC" Sue, is Kha, scoring 81 and probably is the highest score for the whole thread.

Kha and Fate REALLY are meant for each other.

And not just that, this test proved that I only have 1 Mary Sue. Which is good; I wanted a character to fulfill each archetype due to group mechanics, and it was designed to be like that.

...yeah right. I'm deleting Kha and reroll fully into Sophia. He's hopeless and fundamentally flawed from day 1, ever since I decided to use a German play of my online persona instead of Thomas Kluize. More than 40 points of the score were attributed to changes happening from input in the OC thread itself, and as Kha being a very old character, predating the OC thread itself, the sheer amount of detail into him and the logical extensions of it all blew the results through the roof. Despite all the nerfing for 5th ed, he still scored 80++, due to his naming (20 pts alone), his Holy Belka magic (it's only fixed in StrikerS, which is still wrong), his involvement in Fate's past (major historic event), the Harem Hero archetype. And once again, 40Kism is a curse, though I find glee in that overt militarism is atypical in this universe and would push rational characters higher in Sueism.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-07-07 at 21:51.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:53   Link #2392
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Doing a quick run through, and I found the majority of my OCs land in the 20s, with the frontliners like Artei, Sophia, and Allie hitting the 30s. But plugging in CCs, the only CC below 40 was those we have little detail of, like the bridge bunnies. Vice is a Mary Sue for his past, and so are the Wolkies. Except Zafira, who's shafting has shielded him from Sueism. Nanoha and Hayate hit the 60s, which was expected

Basically, the more detail you cram into a character, the higher the OC will climb.

So who's the biggest Mary "CC" Sue? Fate topped off at 74, the only CC to be an Irredeemable.
And needless to guess, the biggest Mary "OC" Sue, is Kha, scoring 81 and probably is the highest score for the whole thread.

Kha and Fate REALLY are meant for each other.

And not just that, this test proved that I only have 1 Mary Sue. Which is good; I wanted a character to fulfill each archetype due to group mechanics, and was design.

...yeah right. I should just delete Kha and reroll fully into Sophia. He's hopeless and fundamentally flawed from day 1, ever since I decided to use a German play of my online persona instead of Thomas Kluize. More than 40 points of the score were attributed to changes happening from input in the OC thread itself, and as Kha being a very old character, predating the OC thread itself, the sheer amount of detail into him and the logical extensions of it all blew the results through the roof. Despite all the nerfing for 5th ed, he still scored 80++, due to his naming (20 pts alone), his Holy Belka magic (it's only fixed in StrikerS, which is still wrong), his involvement in Fate's past (major historic event), the Harem Hero archetype. And once again, 40Kism is a curse, though I find glee in that overt militarism is atypical in this universe and would push rational characters higher in Sueism.

There's no escaping the Sue, so I'm following advice in the test and give up. Nanoha hated guys anyway, in fact, the test proves that shafting actually protects them from Sue. I'm sure Goose is rejoicing at this. Thus I go down in flame, oh thy dagger, how sweet thy pain!
Wow. 81. Just... Wow. Yet at the same time... I'm not that surprised

Yeah you blew it out of the water there. Not even my first OC ever scored that high (21), and I've used him ever since I started writing back in 2002. Heck, Noland is a derivative of him.

Man. I'm getting DJ Croft flashbacks now. X_x

*Tempest goes to boil some tea... and maybe his brain to get rid of the bad memories*
Old 2008-07-07, 21:54   Link #2393
krisslanza

Let's see... Rune got 66. Aegina is, shockingly, a 42.

And no Kha. I beat you. My first OC ever, Kristena Einhart Dargoth scores... 170.
Old 2008-07-07, 22:12   Link #2394
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
*throws confetti into the air*

YAY! XD I'm being noticed! Even if it is just because I had posted a Mary-Sue litmus test XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:31   Link #2395
TheShinySword
*Author

Who is this Ghaz person who keeps speaking?

(Just kidding Ghaz we pay attention to you not that often but we definitely do)

Btw I'm leaving you guys all with this

Spoiler for RebelS profile: Falling Soul:

Short profile but he's a device so how long can I make it
Those who hang out in the FFT will recognize him :3. Falling Soul is Vivio's (RebelS version) device. RebelS is the OC fic I have stirring in the FFT (I might start duel posting it over here but the idea still scares me )
Old 2008-07-07, 23:04   Link #2396
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Quote:
Says who? Link me to a profile and I'll see what I can do.
Quote:
You would need to ask Shou or Saint They OC'd me so they have the profile...
Yessss

We are pretty busy here...

If you want we can share the GDOC document that holds her profile.

Quote:
Quote:

Linkage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Hmm. Noland scored a 16. Yay.

I would also point this one out:

Linkage

Got an 8 with that one :3
Quote:
I wonder if it'd blow up if I selected them all :3

Mary Sue Litmus Test: That's not a sue it's an Uber Sue! Save the children!
To me, Mary-Sue tests are just relative to the creator and hence, somewhat biased- so i don't trust them.

I'd rather use the judgment of other people instead of a standardized test.

But that's just me, because to each his/her own.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:21   Link #2397
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Every time I come across a Mary Sue Litmus Test, I like to run myself through them.

58 points, without checking "Does the character have the same name as you". That brings me, as in Real Life me, to Uber-Sue territory.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:46   Link #2398
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hmm... so long as I'm waiting for comments on the Neo-Mid system....

Alex got a 26, but he's not completely developed at present. Let's see here:

Spoiler for Test Results:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:55   Link #2399
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ninjaposting...

I once ran 3 potential OCs into this. All were haxxed. One was an army officer, a paratrooper, well-known and well-honored officer who lead and planned and assault that 65 years later was still being studied, who was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross. The other was a Marine, a sniper in Vietnam, who was also honored and respected, and known by his nickname, who had a rifle named after him.

Both were considered irredemable sues.

Their names?

Lt. Colonel Richard Winters and Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock. No more words are nesscesary.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:59   Link #2400
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

How about some words telling us who the hell those guys are? I see nothing in your description to distinguish them from being mary sues in a military setting, not that it really matters all that much; it's not like we judge characters by this thing.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content