Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 01:08   Link #10361
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Didn't help Raven Tail against Luxus. And I'm still mad about that
Laxus was always in a class of his own. And he also had Nakama/plot-power. Lets just say RT vs Laxus was a weird match.

Quote:
But then Second Origin let Natsu steamroll the Twin Dragons without even powering up. And Erza got the same treatment. You can argue it might not have boosted her as much, but then she had that 100-monster showing with the (supposedly) Wizard-Saint-level boss monster.
That Chin guy from RT and Rufus wtf-pwned Gray in the beginning who had 2nd-Origin too. And it didn't seem like Erza was holding back in that 100-monster rally. She really went all out. Pump-king may have just been messing with Jura about the WS-level monster. But WS have different "tiers" too. Perhaps that WS-monster was of the lowest of power levels. Then again we really don't know much about the title of WS and how one qualifies to be one. I guess the characters are only as strong as the story needs them to be.

Quote:
It's just jumbled with the other contradictory powerlevel things Mashima's been doing since the timeskip
I always thought that Mashima's theme for FT was the power of friendship>"whatever/anything/everything power". Isn't that why Minerva had Sting go through the whole "fight for Lector" power-up?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:59   Link #10362
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Next chapter surprise reveal: Simon is still alive and he's arrived just in time to take the blow for Erza. He spent all these 7 and something years recovering from his near death.

P.s: this is just a joke...
After Lisanna turned out to be alright, I don't expect anyone to actually die in FT. Ever.

Next up, we'll find that Jude was only "mostly dead" and his love for Lucy will bail her out of trouble.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 04:48   Link #10363
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just seem the animated fight between Yukino vs. Kagura and the fight was beautiful. Can't wait for the animated fight of Erza vs. Kagura.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:01   Link #10364
ImperialFlameGod8190

Lets just put the power level display in perspective. Pre-2nd origin Erza was an S class wizard and she had probably been one for at least 2 years. Laxus was in a class of his own after all he managed to fight off Gajeel and Natsu together early in the series as well as fight master hades by himself. 2nd origin may have increased their power severely. The 2nd thing to remember is Kagura before that is already really strong i'd wager that Kagura is Mermaid Heel's S class wizard. Plot armor and all of that doesn't matter I think u guys are just mad that Kagura is beating the tar out of erza when we really never saw her true power
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 05:15   Link #10365
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Lets just put the power level display in perspective. Pre-2nd origin Erza was an S class wizard and she had probably been one for at least 2 years. Laxus was in a class of his own after all he managed to fight off Gajeel and Natsu together early in the series as well as fight master hades by himself. 2nd origin may have increased their power severely. The 2nd thing to remember is Kagura before that is already really strong i'd wager that Kagura is Mermaid Heel's S class wizard. Plot armor and all of that doesn't matter I think u guys are just mad that Kagura is beating the tar out of erza when we really never saw her true power
I am not mad. I'm actually glad that she that powerful and I hope Erza pull something off her sleeves.

and DUH she a S-class! ROFL
Old 2013-01-12, 08:18   Link #10366
kitten320

I don't get why people are not buying Kagura's power level.
She could've been a mage or a warrior before but never took it seriously or applied to any guild. Besides if she really had potential from the start, 7 years is enough to learn and get stronger.

How old was Erza in that Tower arc? Around 8-10? She is 19 now so around 9-11 years had passed. In those 9-11 years she became a power monster but she had normal training and development while Kagura spent the last 7 years probably just training and increasing her powers.

It really isn't that hard to believe that she got that strong in just 7 years. And as I said at the start, she could've been a mage before that but simply didn't take any interest in guilds before.

Though I really doubt that she spent all those years doing nothing. I'm sure she was searching for her brother and for that you need power.

I personally am glad to see Erza dominated for a change and hope that whatever happens, Erza won't suddenly kick her ass as it tends to happen in ANY action orientated movies/series/books/anime.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:48   Link #10367
classic

Quote:
It really isn't that hard to believe that she got that strong in just 7 years. And as I said at the start, she could've been a mage before that but simply didn't take any interest in guilds before.

Though I really doubt that she spent all those years doing nothing. I'm sure she was searching for her brother and for that you need power.
This

Its not like she was nothing 7 years ago.

She could have been a mage since Simon was kidnapped, looking for him and training. So it is about 10 years till she met Millli and after that these 7 years which she could have spent in training supported by rage towards Jellal.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 10:51   Link #10368
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I have a feeling that a lot of Kagura's power comes from her sword. She essentially has a magic item that powers her up, and I bet we'll see her sword get shattered soon and thus greatly weaken her, leaving her with perhaps just gravity magic. This would also be a way to keep her out of the final fight, and symbolically destroy her grudge against Jellal.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 11:39   Link #10369
kitten320

Why? She does perfectly fine without a sword. It only gives supper power when unsheathed, she doesn't even need it in most cases.

Beside she knows gravity magic and if was the one to teach it to chubby woman, she must be good at it.

Erza also depends on her armor and weapons a lot, without them she would be 10 times weaker.
Old 2013-01-12, 12:11   Link #10370
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I have a feeling that a lot of Kagura's power comes from her sword. She essentially has a magic item that powers her up, and I bet we'll see her sword get shattered soon and thus greatly weaken her, leaving her with perhaps just gravity magic. This would also be a way to keep her out of the final fight, and symbolically destroy her grudge against Jellal.
I don't like the idea of that, her being weaker would kind of ruin the image of a strong female rival for Erza and all we have next to love outside of FT guild is Jura.
Old 2013-01-12, 15:26   Link #10371
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

That chapter my friends was indeed a good chapter that left bittersweet flavor on my tongue. I mean everyone is saying in this thread that someone slashed instead of Erza in order to protect her or Minevra is going to some bad twist at some point but anyhow there is no way Erza could get away from that attack. I mean Kagura normally dominates her without unsheating her sword but after all years, holding that hatred in her chest and then Erza saying that she was the reason that killed her beloved brother. Yes she went berserk and unleashed all of her hatred toward her. Anyone who would interefered would be either dead or recieved fatal scar and judging from the faces of the people at the last page. Jellal should be interfered since he is with his guildmates and I also don't think Gray would interfere because he is not that kind of guy who would interefere with Erza's fight. Only Natsu can do that but he is away from fighting arena. So I am guessing that Erza is in drastic situation right now if there is no twist at this point.

Let's think about this way.
Spoiler for Comparison to Claymore:

Lastly I wonder what Kagura going to do since she is done with her avange by slashing Erza. She no longer has a will to beat Minevra but Erza does. Anyways looking for the next chapter for what's going to happen.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-12 at 16:34.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 18:46   Link #10372
Casshern

Erza's biggest strength isn't her skills or armors but her ability to take a beating better than anybody else. It's not a big deal that Kagura is owning her for now.

As for wizard saints, Jose Porla was one too and he kinda sucked.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 22:30   Link #10373
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Don't mention Claymore... its gone to shit and that was the arc that got all kinds of illogical bull**** just to force a plot that made no sense though. The fights used to be very well thought out but now... don't get me started.

Next off and in reply to the timeline comment. I specified seemingly. However the poorly choosen manga panels and talk of searching for her brother everywhere do seem to go againt the put forth notion specified to make the two timelines work with Kagura being in a guild at the time. First off the outline of her outfit matches her "poor" childhood clothes not her new outfit and second its hard to look for someone everywhere when tied down to a guild hall. Natsu for example looked for Igneel when he heard rumors but mostly just worked... same logic should apply to Kagura. So yes, going from shrub to beyond Erza in the about 7 years (actually less by total number of days if you count it out) to beyond Erza level is a bit questionable. Its been stated time and time and time again in this series, guilds are what makes the mage hit those levels. So this talk of a whole decade or more is kinda pushing it.

Erza is seeminly mainly losing this fight since she's letting her emotions get the best of her... both about Kagura corrupting Millianna and lat Simon guilt. When Kagura is fighting with her feelings, not against them like Erza is. Plus we have no idea how her sword works yet, it could be powering up Kagura or maybe she's just good... but recall we've seen Erza "lose" to a sword woman before only to beat her a chapter later. So I'm not buying Kagura being stronger, yet. I think too many are justifying what they've seen before they know exactly what they've seen. I've seen people point at hovering white objects before and called them ufos only for it to be revealed a minute later that it was just some geese flying towards us so they appeared hovering as white objects.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:58   Link #10374
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't get why people are not buying Kagura's power level.
She could've been a mage or a warrior before but never took it seriously or applied to any guild. Besides if she really had potential from the start, 7 years is enough to learn and get stronger.

How old was Erza in that Tower arc? Around 8-10? She is 19 now so around 9-11 years had passed. In those 9-11 years she became a power monster but she had normal training and development while Kagura spent the last 7 years probably just training and increasing her powers.
Second Origin throws everything out of whack. This would be plausible if Erza were the same as 7 years ago (in which case they'd have comparable experience), but she supposedly got a powerup that bumped Natsu from below Max to above Dragonforce Sting+Rogue. Plus it's not like Erza didn't have similar motivations to train hard while growing up.

Last edited by MechR; 2013-01-12 at 23:25.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:07   Link #10375
kitten320

But Erza didn't have one mind set up, it was just training to get stronger and protect herself while Kagura was driven by hate. Even now she is driven by hate and rage and that gives a lot of power.

I saw some angry people and they are scary and able to push around quiet a lot of strong guys.

Don't underestimate rage nor should you underestimate prodigies.

Erza might be a prodigy but nothings says that there couldn't be a stronger and better prodigy. Laxus for one seems stronger than Erza and they are of similar age. Not everyone develops exactly the same.

For each prodigy there is always someone better.

Also Erza is not really trying here. Not saying that Kagura is weak. But if Erza actually tried, the match up could be a bit more even.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:14   Link #10376
Ryus
The One Eyed King

As stated I agree, Erza is holding back and Kagura is being empowered by her rage.

That said kitten, Laxus is 4 years older than Erza. So your argument about them being the same age and that proves they're different levels of "prodigy" is moot since they aren't the same age. Erza is 19 and Laxus is 23 (and Erza is now 3 extra months younger than him )
Old 2013-01-13, 10:28   Link #10377
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Kagura is an antagonist at this point, her power level is irrelevant. Rather see her fight then use some other "plot trick."
Old 2013-01-13, 11:15   Link #10378
kitten320

What about Natsu then? He is younger than Erza but by now he is probably stronger than her. At least he took on far stronger enemie than she.
He was weaker but eventually over took her.
If still not now then he 100% will in near future.
One main problem that holds Natsu back is his idiocy.

So my argument is still in power.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:28   Link #10379
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
One main problem that holds Natsu back is his idiocy.
With great power comes great stupidity.

Scientifically proven by movies and tv series.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:31   Link #10380
Ryus
The One Eyed King

No one knows how old Natsu is, or Gajeel for that matter. He could 17 or 417, so your statement about prodegy levels and ages is still moot (plus he absorbed Laxus's powers and got second origin) since there are too many unknown factors and bull**** logic in play. You can't show cause and effect, plus its still not Clear Natsu is greater than Erza (ignoring LFDS/F for the moment, though I agree its likely or will soon happen). Next off for that matter he's a dragon slayer, not to mention the main character. So plot wise he's destined to overcome a supporting character in terms of power.

You just can't compare them in terms of power growth since main characters follow different rules.

Last edited by Ryus; 2013-01-13 at 13:57.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen