Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-14, 22:29   Link #861
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Little bit, yeah.

I mean, theoretically, Takeru could somehow permanently seal Sougetsu, change Kiseki's mind, make peace between magic and not-magic, and then go off and live in peace with his girls forever.

But this is DARKNESS the series. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Takeru will be dead by the end.
Maybe Takeru can be the new god?

Here's something I don't get. If Sougetsu's god, why does he want to get rid of magic so badly?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 22:44   Link #862
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post

Here's something I don't get. If Sougetsu's god, why does he want to get rid of magic so badly?
No idea. We don't even know how he became a "god" or what that even means. Is he Loki or Odin or something? A human who did something he wasn't supposed to and got cursed for it?
Old 2015-05-14, 22:46   Link #863
bakato

Quote:
No idea. We don't even know how he became a "god" or what that even means. Is he Loki or Odin or something? A human who did something he wasn't supposed to and got cursed for it?
Well, if he's the god of the world stained by magic, then it would stand to reason he's been around since magic came to be. Thinking on that sentence, maybe he sees magic as a stain on himself, which is why he seeks "cleanse" himself by dying.
Old 2015-05-14, 23:11   Link #864
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:

Little bit, yeah.

I mean, theoretically, Takeru could somehow permanently seal Sougetsu, change Kiseki's mind, make peace between magic and not-magic, and then go off and live in peace with his girls forever.

But this is DARKNESS the series. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Takeru will be dead by the end.
Though there's a lot of darkness in this series, it's not exactly a tragedy story. Takeru dying, or any of his harem members, would just run counter with all the build up so far.

I mean, Takeru and co's wish is to save Kiseki and create a place where they can live happily together. The focus of the story is this. Killing any of the 35th platoon members after all these volumes of struggles, would just feel empty and unpleasant. The author would be digging his own grave by doing that. Besides, I don't think that this type of tragedy suits the author's style.

PS: Just carve mine prophecy into thy heart, young padawan: We'll have a happy true harem end for this series.

Quote:

It says that Sougetsu is the God of their World, the original God of that World before the collision of Worlds. The way I see it, Sougetsu wants to return his World to the way it was before the collision: a World without magic, or fantastical organisms. Or it could be that he just gave up on that and wants to destroy everything.

One thing is for certain: Sougetsu wants Takeru to kill him. I can only think of 2 possibilities in that:

1 - By dying, Sougetsu would bring the entire World with him to oblivion. Like it was speculated by Kazuma
2 - In dying by Takeru's hands, the God-slayer, Takeru would take his place as their World's God and would cleanse it of all magic.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 00:38   Link #865
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Since both Sougetsu and Kiseki want to die by Takeru's hand, I can't help but imagine Sougetsu calling him 'Onii-chan' now....
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 01:22   Link #866
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Since both Sougetsu and Kiseki want to die by Takeru's hand, I can't help but imagine Sougetsu calling him 'Onii-chan' now....
It seems that now everyone wants to be penetrated by Takeru's sword.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 02:25   Link #867
evilgenius

Quote:

Little bit, yeah.

yep, some part of me thinks exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Though there's a lot of darkness in this series, it's not exactly a tragedy story. Takeru dying, or any of his harem members, would just run counter with all the build up so far.

I mean, Takeru and co's wish is to save Kiseki and create a place where they can live happily together. The focus of the story is this. Killing any of the 35th platoon members after all these volumes of struggles, would just feel empty and unpleasant. The author would be digging his own grave by doing that. Besides, I don't think that this type of tragedy suits the author's style.
PS: Just carve mine prophecy into thy heart, young padawan: We'll have a happy true harem end for this series.

ohh i will i will
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 06:08   Link #868
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:

It's very simple, Sougetsu was originally a god of a world without magic. He was the god of the old world.

Magic is the power gods once wielded... it has come from the mythological world, it's power of the Nordic gods (although a part of it might have been Sougetsu's splinter, if he was weakened by the battle). I assume the reason for the world's clash was that the world of Norse mythology attacked the "old" world, which resulted with the clash.

Relic Eaters are not related to mythological magic, they are parts of Sougetsu's own power. That's why they're named after tyrants of "this" world, like Vlad Tepes, Caligula, Nero, Daji and so on. There are some unknowns like "did vampires exist in old world?" which is possible.

As for Takeru becoming a god... it's not unlikely, considering that magic is the power of gods and he together with Lapis can absorb all magic into himself.

As for why Sougetsu wants to die... I think he wants to use the opportunity that a god-slaying weapon exists in the world. He did seem incredibly bored stirring up wars in the world the entire time, but I suspect it might be as Ophis-kun says, that he plotted for Takeru to get rid of magic first so as not to destroy the world or something similar.
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 14:25   Link #869
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
It says that Sougetsu is the God of their World, the original God of that World before the collision of Worlds. The way I see it, Sougetsu wants to return his World to the way it was before the collision: a World without magic, or fantastical organisms. Or it could be that he just gave up on that and wants to destroy everything.

One thing is for certain: Sougetsu wants Takeru to kill him. I can only think of 2 possibilities in that:

1 - By dying, Sougetsu would bring the entire World with him to oblivion. Like it was speculated by Kazuma
2 - In dying by Takeru's hands, the God-slayer, Takeru would take his place as their World's God and would cleanse it of all magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
It's very simple, Sougetsu was originally a god of a world without magic. He was the god of the old world.

Magic is the power gods once wielded... it has come from the mythological world, it's power of the Nordic gods (although a part of it might have been Sougetsu's splinter, if he was weakened by the battle). I assume the reason for the world's clash was that the world of Norse mythology attacked the "old" world, which resulted with the clash.

Relic Eaters are not related to mythological magic, they are parts of Sougetsu's own power. That's why they're named after tyrants of "this" world, like Vlad Tepes, Caligula, Nero, Daji and so on. There are some unknowns like "did vampires exist in old world?" which is possible.
I just finished catching up yesterday.

So basically, this guy turned out to be TAMNI's Aleister? But if Sougets really is god, then there are a few things that are puzzling.

Why is he taking such roundabout methods? He's god. Shouldn't he be all-knowing? Why does he need to rely on human intelligence to know what people are doing? Has the collision dampened his powers?

Also, if Orochi knows this, then why did he even bother trying to take Sougetsu out in a suicide attack?

Quote:
As for Takeru becoming a god... it's not unlikely, considering that magic is the power of gods and he together with Lapis can absorb all magic into himself.

As for why Sougetsu wants to die... I think he wants to use the opportunity that a god-slaying weapon exists in the world. He did seem incredibly bored stirring up wars in the world the entire time, but I suspect it might be as Ophis-kun says, that he plotted for Takeru to get rid of magic first so as not to destroy the world or something similar.
Now that I finished reading everything, Takeru becoming god doesn't seem possible at the moment. Each Sacred Treasure seems to have a specialized function. Mistilteinn and Laeveteinn are god-slaying weapons. They exist to kill gods by fusing with the wielders to become god hunters, which doesn't make them gods. That's Gungnir's function.

It''s unlikely that Sougetsu actually wants Takeru to become god or anything like that. Keep in mind Sougetsu is aware of Mistilteinn's function and the ultimate fate of those who wield it. Following his role as the antagonist of this shounen series, he does not believe that Takeru will be able to fight fate or resist Mistilteinn. Once the fusion is complete, Takeru will become a mindless god hunting machine that will seek out and destroy all gods and magic, ultimately destroying the world.

So it all comes down to whether Takeru can break this lose-lose situation.
Old 2015-05-16, 14:49   Link #870
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
I just finished catching up yesterday.

So basically, this guy turned out to be TAMNI's Aleister? But if Sougets really is god, then there are a few things that are puzzling.

Why is he taking such roundabout methods? He's god. Shouldn't he be all-knowing? Why does he need to rely on human intelligence to know what people are doing? Has the collision dampened his powers?

Also, if Orochi knows this, then why did he even bother trying to take Sougetsu out in a suicide attack?

Now that I finished reading everything, Takeru becoming god doesn't seem possible at the moment. Each Sacred Treasure seems to have a specialized function. Mistilteinn and Laeveteinn are god-slaying weapons. They exist to kill gods by fusing with the wielders to become god hunters, which doesn't make them gods. That's Gungnir's function.

It''s unlikely that Sougetsu actually wants Takeru to become god or anything like that. Keep in mind Sougetsu is aware of Mistilteinn's function and the ultimate fate of those who wield it. Following his role as the antagonist of this shounen series, he does not believe that Takeru will be able to fight fate or resist Mistilteinn. Once the fusion is complete, Takeru will become a mindless god hunting machine that will seek out and destroy all gods and magic, ultimately destroying the world.

So it all comes down to whether Takeru can break this lose-lose situation.
Well, I said it's only one of possibilities.

As for Orochi, his plan is pretty clear, it's not like author is hiding it.

The plan of Orochi's is to beat up Sougetsu, then have Gungnir (Mother Goose) erode him and become the world's new god (odin?). Then rewrite the world as she pleases, in exchange for letting himself be eroded, Orochi had Mother Goose promise that she'll restore Kusanagi Mikoto back to life, or rather "make it as if she never died".
Old 2015-05-18, 14:24   Link #871
Weather
Wonder Wind

http://zakitakubu.com/2015/05/19/tai...igns-revealed/

Some anime designs.

I... honestly can't complain.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 17:40   Link #872
Hiyono

Have to say I'm not a fan.
Old 2015-05-18, 17:44   Link #873
krytyk
幻想生物

Boobies are weird. Kippus boobies were better.

Faces are okay, but Kippus were better.

But like weather-kun said, can't complain.
Old 2015-05-18, 17:51   Link #874
OverNOut
The Obsever

It's better than the manga (new and old) that's for sure but nothing beats the LN's.
Anyone knows whether the director has a good track record or not?
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 17:52   Link #875
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Boobies are weird. Kippus boobies were better.

Faces are okay, but Kippus were better.

But like weather-kun said, can't complain.
Dammit. I just noticed the boobs. I hate it when they drawn like that. I prefer singular bust.
Old 2015-05-18, 20:05   Link #876
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post

Some anime designs.

Other than how the boobs are drawn I have no real complaints.
Old 2015-05-18, 20:22   Link #877
obnuchious

the boobs are smaller than the ones in the LN ... must be hard for for them to animate them . . . or they trying to make it more size-realistic-ish instead of balloons . . .

for Takeru, reminds me of Kyousuke from Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai . . . or it's just me
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 01:27   Link #878
nero12

Too bad Shin Oonuma isnt directing this...That would have atleast guaranteed top-notch action scenes with fluid animation but I cant really complain...
Old 2015-05-20, 18:43   Link #879
hitotake
hage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
the boobs are smaller than the ones in the LN ... must be hard for for them to animate them . . . or they trying to make it more size-realistic-ish instead of balloons . . .

for Takeru, reminds me of Kyousuke from Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai . . . or it's just me
not just you , takeru and ouka design feels like kyousuke and kirino
takeru like kyousuke with his hair grow and more bishounen(?) like

that boobs art give me feeling they not wearing anything under that shirt for some reason ... or that is the gap from decreased cup size by the design?
hitotake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 01:54   Link #880
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post

Some anime designs.

Ikaruga is really hot, though.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags