AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 16:52   Link #1121
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I don't play the game but i like the anime .
Well , the battle was fast but still good .
With the ed we saw that the main characters is Alicia , Welkin , Isara , Jann and Largo .
Normally , are they some class for each character or they are all the same ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:29   Link #1122
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
No. There are at least half-dozen classes in the game, and they are represented by the various characters you have in your platoon. Largo and Rosie for example, are responsible for different functions within your platoon. Although they all carried rifles in the anime, Rosie specializes in shock, and Largo is anti-tank.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:18   Link #1123
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
...his outward appearance does not match his brain power the guys i super smart and thinks outside the box which is what allowed him win. No one else could have thought of this plan but the tank also helped.
Well, the guy understands the outdoors and wildlife very well, which comes in pretty handy as a leader and scout.

That's his main asset in battle. As Welkin practically plays the role of leader and strategist of Squad 7, knowledge of the terrain and the field of battle definitely has its uses.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:55   Link #1124
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

I'm surprised Jann has such a large role, does he really have that much of a fanbase?
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:59   Link #1125
mikoo
Banned

Freebies

--

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 22:04   Link #1126
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
I'm surprised Jann has such a large role, does he really have that much of a fanbase?
Dude how can you not like him!?

Though if we are to believe the ending and opening he'll be providing some comic relief with him chasing after Largo (though that doesn't seem to be happening yet)

Quote:
I hope we'll soon learn why the Darcsen are discriminated against, since this hasn't been clearly explained yet.
It's because they were greedy and oppressed the people until the valkyur came and free the land from them.

That's the story given at the beginning of episode 1
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 22:23   Link #1127
velvet nightmare

is the anime going to follow the game story line exactly?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 22:32   Link #1128
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
is the anime going to follow the game story line exactly?
I for one honestly hope it doesn't exactly follow the game, sitting through it all again would be quite the waste of time tbh.....much like most anime is but meh

I know most peeps tend to want it that I do too most of the time but not here so much.
They have done a pretty good job so far and I don't mind the changes.

One can only expect there would be changes made and I see no reason to not expect them here.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:14   Link #1129
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

The more I watch the more I dislike Alicia. I LOVE her in the game, but she's so whiney in the anime. I hope that changes soon.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 23:41   Link #1130
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Really? I find her more likeable compared to her game counterpart though XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 00:26   Link #1131
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Really? I find her more likeable compared to her game counterpart though XD
I second that. In the game, she's good, but I find her even better in the anime because she's more expressive.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 00:32   Link #1132
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Her facial expressions never cease to amuse me too XD

In the game, Alicia is way too serious. Anyway, I wonder if we'll see Freesia in the anime as well. >__>
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:27   Link #1133
kalbron

Expressive? Yes. A human being with a shred of intelligence or logical sense? Hell no.

I think I'm going to take the advice I saw on another forum and regard the anime as an alternative universe version of VC. At least then I can take comfort in the false belief that this train wreck in slow motion isn't really honestly attempting to be a re-telling of the game's plot.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:34   Link #1134
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I guess I like the serious version Alicia better then. The game had great animation and pacing in it's story. It essentially doesn't need an anime. So I was hoping that when they announced that there'd be one, that it would flesh things out here and there while delivering some cool battles.... and lots of Selvaria. I still hope they do that. I also hope they can make Rosie more likeable and show the way she grows as she did in the game.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:10   Link #1135
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Rosie is not likable in the game at all at the beginning. Also, I would like them to flesh out the battles as well.

They got a pass this week because that battle wasnt all that special, the real point of it was o show how clever the Gunther siblings can be, and how Welkin gains control of the squad.

Next week is character developement, and then after that a battle that I hope will be portrayed better.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:16   Link #1136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Dude how can you not like him!?

Though if we are to believe the ending and opening he'll be providing some comic relief with him chasing after Largo (though that doesn't seem to be happening yet)
It gets better in the English version of the game since his English Voice Actor is John DiMaggio!

Clueless people:Who?

Me:You know The John DiMaggio.

Clueless people:I have no idea who our talking about. I bet he's not famou...

Me:He voiced Bender from Futurama.

Half of Clueless People:OH MY GOD! JANN IS BENDER! I love Bender!

The other clueless people:So? He still doesn't impress me and i think he's a wimp which i think Japanese VA are...

Me:John voice Marcus Fenix.

The other clueless people:better than(look at post above)HOLY ****!!!!! He's Marcus Fenix?!?!?! The badass hero from Gears of War!!!!! I'm a fool for not knowing that. Hail John DiMaggio!!!!!!
Old 2009-04-22, 05:19   Link #1137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Rosie is not likable in the game at all at the beginning.
I like her at the start of the game. Are you saying she's not likeable because of her dislike for Darcsens?
Old 2009-04-22, 05:32   Link #1138
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I like the tsundere twist they gave to Alicia, I do hope they stop adding in the clueless part as well. The first episode had her down just the way I like her, headstrong, clever and with a nice tsun twist, but she went down-hill in the later episodes... I don't mind her being expressive (that's what tsunderes are all about, after all) but I do wish they would stop making her a dumb tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
I think I'm going to take the advice I saw on another forum and regard the anime as an alternative universe version of VC. At least then I can take comfort in the false belief that this train wreck in slow motion isn't really honestly attempting to be a re-telling of the game's plot.
That's the approach everyone here advised as well. I myself hope that they really will treat this as an AU and move away from the plot in the game. Like I said earlier, I'm not interested in Valkyria Chronicles animate 1:1. I'd play the game if I wanted to see the story again.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 05:42   Link #1139
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The other clueless people:better than(look at post above)HOLY ****!!!!! He's Marcus Fenix?!?!?! The badass hero from Gears of War!!!!! I'm a fool for not knowing that. Hail John DiMaggio!!!!!!
I guess I really am clueless, since I have no clue who either Bender or Marcus Fenix are. But the English cast was quite good overall, so I hope they hire the same people when (well, if) they license the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Tank Commander, Scout, Shocktrooper, Lancer, Engineer, Sniper.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 07:15   Link #1140
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
instead of skipping some battles,
Spoiler for Game difference, early on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Ayako uses some US terminology ("Imps") that I really dislike since they were an US invention for the game.
...You dislike US localization stuff? Official US localization stuff? *shrugs* I guess their subs won't be for you, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& Edy was only on screen for about 5 seconds. Wth.
Actually, I missed her entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
(Where's Psycho Jane, Dallas the Lesbian, Lovely Freesia, Pirateboy Vyse, Cool Lynn etc..) and their roles in combat weren't right (Jann and Largo are Lancers not scouts or Homer's an engineer not a front line trooper and he didn't even bring his engineering backpack).

In short, as a fan of the game, the anime is a great disappointment but i still hope it'll get better in time.
Yeah... I'm not happy about the lack of distinct classes so far, especially when the OP had Largo's anti-tank lance. Near the end of the episode we saw Rosie Brigette with a machine gun (or at least, a shorter rifle than everyone else's), but I didn't notice a difference until then.

The lack of Vyse and Aika will always make me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
I can haz for other site?

Also, the Minami-ke references were amusing as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While I like the tsundere twist they gave to Alicia, I do hope they stop adding in the clueless part as well. The first episode had her down just the way I like her, headstrong, clever and with a nice tsun twist, but she went down-hill in the later episodes... I don't mind her being expressive (that's what tsunderes are all about, after all) but I do wish they would stop making her a dumb tsundere.
She's getting smarter, at least. I'm hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I guess I really am clueless, since I have no clue who either Bender or Marcus Fenix are. But the English cast was quite good overall, so I hope they hire the same people when (well, if) they license the anime.
Bender? Futurama?

Tags
sega