Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 22:37   Link #501
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It might behoove to think of that as more of a catalyst than a premise.
If that's case it sure didn't take long for them to 'get over that dislike'.

Eita doesn't even try to pretend to be a guy who doesn't want a relationship when he received a love letter... Three times.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 00:17   Link #502
takai
Easy Muffin

Seems that the show is really gunning for Eita and Masuzu right now. Especially with the convenient drowning then CPR. That's a classic for romance.

Really took me by surprise that her sister already went in for a kiss, can already tell she'll be back soon enough. Sort of disappointed that they didn't show enough of the new girl. I figured by her look she was another chuunibyou.

I'm really feeling that Chiwa is going to get friend-zoned. Not that I mind, I'm really going for Masuzu right now. I really like her dere side when it shows, it's quite cute.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 02:05   Link #503
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
What the hell was up with that pool scene?

The effect of going from a sort of close up of her swimming to cutting the music and going to a shot of her struggling all the sudden (with no sort of transition in between) actually had a comical effect on me more than anything.

And what kind of person starts drowning but doesn't call for help?

The rest of the episode was all right,but this was one of my biggest "WTF was that supposed to be" moments since I've started watching anime.
Old 2013-02-04, 02:22   Link #504
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

that pool scene was pretty bad.

I think they got lazy or the budget wasn't there for them.

Maybe they didn't want to animate Eita swimming underwater to save her. That would have made the next scene a bit more meaningful and not forced.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 06:09   Link #505
yindesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The CPR scene was just stupid on the animators part, you are supposed to pinch the nose closed otherwise none of the air you blow in will make it to the lungs.
Eita actually does pinch her nose initially, but then the animator decided to teleport his hand to her head so that we can stare at her gaping mouth...
yindesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 22:08   Link #506
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Then let's compare her to someone of similarly small scale. Nichijou's Mai. They both like screwing
So you're saying that Masuzu only wants to get it on with Eita?
That may be one of her goals (hence no panties), but I'd say it's still more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why do I love Masuzu?

Because she's intense, gorgeous, playful, smart and funny, primarily. In an anime world where stifling KyoAni moeblobbing dominates, this alone would already qualify as sufficient to me.

At the same time, however, it's because it's obvious that she is warped. She has obviously undergone the same kind of emotional trauma that Eita has, and I'm looking forward to seeing both of them gradually heal each other.

To those who insist on calling Masuzu a nasty bitch and Chiwa a heroic saint: When push came to shove, it was Masuzu who threw the pole - and Chiwa is the girl who insists on not trying to steal Masuzu's girlfriend while at the same time doing exactly that. Things are a wee bit more gray than some people want to make it.
↑ This, pretty much.
Misuzu must've been badly traumatised in the past, to be the way she is - and, considering the phonecall from her dad at the end of the last ep, I got the feeling that her dad is at least a good part of her trauma
Old 2013-02-05, 06:00   Link #507
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah! that jerk-imouto, Mana has entered the show... I hope they will decide to kick her off soon because or her annoying attitude..

Another rare dere-dere Masuzu's moment... and second kiss between she and Eita

Sweet moment with Chiwa... and finally, that awesome confession by Hime... lol!

Will they put the 4th girl in next episode? is it too fast?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 07:03   Link #508
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I can understand all the hate towards Masuzu, though I don't personally feel as strongly. I mean, compared to the personal trauma that was H2O, her antics look more like comedic relief. And this is coming from a Chiwa shipper like me.

4th girl looks like it would be the disciplinary member (president? not sure) that Masuzu and Chiwa mentioned early in the episode. If so would she be the straight-man to balance all the groups' craziness, or would she eventually succumb as well? I'm betting on the latter
Old 2013-02-06, 01:40   Link #509
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Nao Touyama is doing Mana's voice right?
Is it just me or did she sounded like Ayana Taketatsu in ep.5?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 06:07   Link #510
garbage

well if they're going to redeem Masuzu, they better start soon cause I'm just getting more & more annoyed with her (and unfortunately the show itself since it seems to be pushing Masuzu a lot) as the the new episodes come out. The pool scene and the thereafter I wouldn't even go into. And no bitchiness is never cool, regardless of the past.

Heath Ledger's Joker's was well liked not because of the character but because of the great acting, Light was liked because of his schemes and his dynamics with L. But I hardly think any regular none psychopathic person would want either as a friend or even a regular acquaintance IRL. and yeah in the same vein I would hardly want someone manipulative & bitchy like Masuzu as a friend. Lest she changes for the better I'll definitely steer clear of her.
Old 2013-02-07, 07:27   Link #511
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
And no bitchiness is never cool, regardless of the past.

Heath Ledger's Joker's was well liked not because of the character but because of the great acting, Light was liked because of his schemes and his dynamics with L. But I hardly think any regular none psychopathic person would want either as a friend or even a regular acquaintance IRL. and yeah in the same vein I would hardly want someone manipulative & bitchy like Masuzu as a friend. Lest she changes for the better I'll definitely steer clear of her.
You seem to refer to my post some pages ago, so I’ll reply.

By the same token as the bolded statement, one can like Masuzu because of his bitchiness and her interaction with other characters. See? It’s all up to personal preferences like I said in my previous post. You may hate bitchy characters like Masuzu but there are others who like them and their taste is as valid as yours. You don't have to consider them as friends. These are fictional characters, so people like them partly because they're fictional, not IRL.
Old 2013-02-07, 07:57   Link #512
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, you mean you guys never made bitchy and manipulative friends in real life?

Oh crud, I thought it was normal to have at least two or three of those !!
Old 2013-02-07, 08:04   Link #513
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
By the same token as the bolded statement, one can like Masuzu because of his bitchiness and her interaction with other characters. See? It’s all up to personal preferences like I said in my previous post. You may hate bitchy characters like Masuzu but there are others who like them and their taste is as valid as yours. You don't have to consider them as friends. These are fictional characters, so people like them partly because they're fictional, not IRL.
And sometimes watching their journey to a more balanced and mature individual is the fun part for people. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, you mean you guys never made bitchy and manipulative friends in real life?

Everyone has one. You may have just been greedy.
Old 2013-02-07, 08:05   Link #514
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

Of course we have . And we don't like them. But in fictional world, you can like even the bitchiest of characters as long as you consider them fun .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
And sometimes watching their journey to a more balanced and mature individual is the fun part for people. You never know.
Of course.
Old 2013-02-07, 08:05   Link #515
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Everyone has one. You may have just been greedy.
Hey it wasn't by choice! Certain situations were forced onto us and we kinda bonded... In a totally manly way

Quote:
Of course we have . And we don't like them. But in fictional world, you can like even the bitchiest of characters as long as you consider them fun .
Well I do kinda like them even if I don't agree with them... It's sort of like Lion-Taming you know? You just hope he doesn't bit your head off.
Old 2013-02-07, 08:06   Link #516
Sumeragi
Banned

Obviously people don't live in the real world or lived in sheltered ones.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 08:21   Link #517
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Hey it wasn't by choice! Certain situations were forced onto us and we kinda bonded... In a totally manly way
Wait, you only have bitchy male-friends?
Old 2013-02-07, 08:57   Link #518
garbage

well I'm not really replying to you per se, but rather a blanket reply on what i've read since there has been a lot since last I've been on the thread ( been away for a while)

Quote:
You seem to refer to my post some pages ago, so I’ll reply.

and where may I ask have I ever stated or implied, that their(or your) likes, & opinions for that matter are not valid?? In fact I'm only stating MY OWN TASTE in terms of masuzu. and no being fictional hardly counts as a significant determinant in my eyes, for we all know they are all made up characters. I wouldn't accept an annoying characteristic or an annoying action just because it's done by a fictional character. the act is still the same. would you count something like for example RAPE as acceptable just because it's done by a fictional character?
Besides as of the moment nothing really stands out with her character [Masuzu] aside from the manipulative bitchiness ( oh and yukari tamura < i do like her ). Smart?, Beautiful?, elegant? I don't really see it. Of course the writer tells us, but where's the show? sure she might be great later on (And I suspect a lot of the novel readers are just so, basing their likes more on whats to happen and not what has been shown yet on the episodes).
In terms of Light, no most people don't like him as a person they like his "characterization" and scheming abilities, (BTW I never liked Light) and as a great foil for L, which is not what we are talking about here. In fact that was the point of the paragraph in my previous post.

for the succeeding replies, actually I do know a couple of manipulative bitches IRL ( of both sexes), but they're hardly people I would call friends....somehow I can't just get over my dislike of them enough to make them my friends. But if you can well good for you....well I do have a reputation of being an Iceman, they would be more afraid to approach me... >.<
----
OH and as an addition, Eita really went down in my eyes this episode, He' is definitely sliding to spineless MC territory. bad enough he knew Masuzu was being manipulative and mean to his lifelong friend when that happened in the date episode, but he hardly did anything when a person he hardly knew shoved his friends face into the food. and NO IT WAS NOT FUNNY. If anyone ever did that to a friend of mine in front of me...well I assure you it wouldn't be FUN for that person...

Last edited by garbage; 2013-02-07 at 09:12. Reason: add
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 09:12   Link #519
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
In terms of Light, no most people don't like him as a person they like his "characterization" and scheming abilities,...
The bolded parts sums up my point all this time. Most people like fictional characters as just characters, not more. That's why some people like evil characters (protagonist or antagonist) within a story along with seeing how they develop.

Btw, I never said in my post that evil deeds in fictional world is "acceptable". Like my example, people like The Joker in TDK mostly because of how that character "drives" the story. Of course the audience don't agree with the crimes he's done.
Old 2013-02-07, 09:27   Link #520
garbage

^ yes and that's my point too. so i was wondering why you would reply like that, misunderstanding?

My previous post was about me not liking Masuzu because she currently has a rotten parsonality with no significant redeeming qualities (at the moment) in my eyes. Is masuzu driving the plot forward for Oreshura? yes of course, and she may be good for that, but i don't have to like her, in fact as i've stated as more episodes come out I'm liking her less and less. ( I was actually cool with her in the 1st ep) Is she a good "character" ( pro or antagonist) well just s0-so for me at the moment.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen