AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 13:14   Link #41
HandofFate

Enjoyable 1st episode.
I liked it. Shrine Maidens and japanese spirits are a great medium for storytelling.

Reminded me of Natsume.

And also the main girl being Kotoura-san..
Same voice and even the character design is pretty much the exact same lol.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 15:00   Link #42
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not sure what to make of this yet. The first episode didn't grab me but it wasn't bad by any means, and it's usually the type of anime I love so I should end up liking this unless it commits a huge misstep.
I feel the exact same way I want to like this, normally I'm a sucker for Shinto focused series but like with you it didn't grab me.
I'll wait till the entire cast gets introduced before making my final judgement.
Old 2013-10-08, 05:25   Link #43
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

If this were an RPG, Gin would be the grumpy old dragon in the cave outside town that does nothing but give quests
Old 2013-10-08, 21:18   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This seems like it mite be a good one both Makoto and Gintarou look like a good team
Old 2013-10-13, 06:04   Link #45
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
That was a cute 1st episode, I am looking forward to the next, featuring the class rep.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 12:42   Link #46
erika4dsl

Second episode is a great episode especially the ending interaction between Gintaro and Makoto since it shows that they both love each other.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:14   Link #47
sikvod00

I'm really enjoying the "old-school" vibe this show gives off. Unfortunately, some of the animation this episode was a little too old school. That gym scene with the girls was pretty bad. But other than that, the show feels quite sincere and there's no hint of irony.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:29   Link #48
ookamigirl

Now I see how this is going to go.
Looks like each episode the girl will use the fox to solve her problems.
So far the most interesting character is the fox.
I just don't have the heart to drop this, it's too sweet and innocent.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:33   Link #49
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

I liked Episode 1 and Episode 2 was even better. I'll watch the show to completion. Laid back, feel good and flows well with nice characters.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:42   Link #50
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This would fill my seasonal need for SoL animes cause Non Non Biyori is not for my taste
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:48   Link #51
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Looks like each episode the girl will use the fox to solve her problems.
I have to raise a small disagreement with this, I don't think she used Gintaro to solve anything. She told him her problems, and he offered some useful advice, but that in itself didn't solve anything. The girls resolved their differences through purely natural means!

Which is great, as the show would lack a bit if every episode was "...and then Gintaro used his powers".

The bit at the end with the foxfire was just Gintaro reading spoilers.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 16:22   Link #52
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 2

I still hate it.

No just kidding. Same as last episode: nice and laid back albiet formulaic. I don't mind it so much at the moment but I do hope it becomes less formulaic later on.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 17:00   Link #53
Tenzen12

I actualy didn't like this episode much. Drama was both too forced and too easily solved. But Gintaro and Saeki are great together so I can't helped but forgive it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 17:03   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, I think I get why I'm not loving this as much as Natsume Yuujinchou or Kamichu: the problems are too mundane and have nothing to do with the supernatural. Gintarou himself was barely present in episode 2, and this episode wasn't as good as the first for that reason. Going by the preview, it looks like the formula will change next episode.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:29   Link #55
Kirarakim

I actually really loved this episode (even more than the first, which I also enjoyed). I have always been a sucker for friendship stories and I think this was a really good one. Yes it's been done before but it was still quite sweet. I loved the part when Mako asked the girl with glasses to stay over too. It was a small gesture, but for her it was probably a huge deal.

I like all 3 of the girls and from the opening it looks like Mako's two friends will continue to be part of the series.

I am also looking forward to meeting the male character shown in the opening.

On another note I learned a few things from this episode. I never realized you aren't supposed to go up the middle of the shrine and you should stay to the left. I will try to remember that when I am in Japan next.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:57   Link #56
HandofFate

episode 2 story resolved way faster and smoother than I expected.

Kind of grinned at the old school yankee girl hair styles of the group in the bathroom.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 22:28   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things did resolve quickly, but for some reason I really enjoyed the episode. Was a cute little friendship tale and everyone came together nicely there. Plus was a pretty nice moment when Makoto gave that sneak attack against Gin at the end of the episode .

I don't think the show will go down as anything super special, but it's something that should be nice and relaxing. Makoto really gathered an interesting couple of friends there.
Old 2013-10-14, 03:00   Link #58
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ah, I think I get why I'm not loving this as much as Natsume Yuujinchou or Kamichu: the problems are too mundane and have nothing to do with the supernatural.
Honestly sometimes I wish Natsume Yuujinchou was more mundane so it would focus more on Natsume's friendship instead of the youkai all the time.
I do think Kamichu had a more balanced approach compared this episode or Natsume Yuujinchou.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:38   Link #59
Dop
Mmmm....

A random playlist selection and the thought "What did that song come from?" finally reminded me what it is this show reminds me of.

Sure, everyone's made the comparisons to Natsume Yuujinchou and Kamichu, but this show (so far) lacks the same quiet melancholy and depth that Natsume had, and isn't as wacky as Kamichu.

But there was another show which this show can be compared to. 2007 series Mokke, about two sisters who are sent to live out in the sticks with their grandparents because the youngest sister can see spirits and is prone to possession (and their grandfather is the local priest).
That too was a gentle relaxing slice of life show with no major conflicts or large danger.

I liked Mokke, and I quite like this show too. What we don't know yet is whether this show has any hidden depths but even at this level I'm going to enjoy it!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 11:50   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show is not anything great, but I am still enjoying it after episode 2. Maybe even enjoying it a bit more than I did after ep1. I have to say the situations and their evolution make me think the show is intended for kids -- although the 1:05 am start time contradicts that.

In any case, Kanemoto Hisako and Miki Shinichirou are weaving a nice spell. Akasaki Chinatsu as the formerly nasty girl is great, too. And how nice to hear Koshimizu Ami twice in one season (as the assistant class president here, and as the main character in Kill la Kill).

I must admit that I never got into Natsume Yuujinchou. Something about it seemed wooden or lacking humanity to me. Maybe I like it that here the wooden plot development involves humans, lol.

Thanks to Dop for mentioning Mokke. I'll take a look.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shrine maiden, slice of life