Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-09-10, 16:10   Link #5201
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Badass? She's just become more responsible toward those around her instead of just being a spoiled brat and dumping all the work to others like in Negima. In the prequel, she just made Negi do almost everything while laughing haughtily and looking down all everyone, including her classmate. While here in UQ Holder, she tries to shoulder all the burdens to protect Touta and her people from dangers. Maybe that's why she looks weak to you. People tends to become tired when taking care of their family instead of fooling around, after all.
LOL. Evangeline trained Negi. Dumping work on others? That is called training.
"Tries" is a key word. She tries and ultimately fails, and Touta has to step in. The equivalent of useless, except for the part where she keeps Touta in the dark, which is more a problem now than solution.
I loved that Evangeline. The one who could hold her own ground. The one who gradually warmed up to everyone because life as a prisoner isn't fun but once you've got a gang of friends it can be. She offered a darker perspective on solutions. She balanced out Negi. Perhaps the character you describe is not at all bad on her own, but she is no Evangeline. I simply don't see how a fighter like her could have evolved into this. And no, "tired" doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also MILF is better than VAMP, that's basic knowledge.
Best argument yet. Would it have been that hard to write her as both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Agreed. She's a shadow of her former self.
Thank you. It's more disappointing than aggravating, to be honest.
SleepingTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 21:13   Link #5202
AstroNerdBoy

I like Eva. She was another tsundere type in Negima, who played up the evil vampire-mage bit out of guilt over the things she'd done in the past.

That said, I do like the more "mature" Eva, but I do remember being a tiny bit disappointed she didn't go full mama bear on Nagumo, but I will say that Eva's true form shows more attitude than her UQH form does. As Yukihime, Eva often looks tired to me, as if worn by years of worry. As her true self, she has attitude. To quote myself from my review of chapter 29.

Quote:
Seriously, while I’ve not had a problem with Eva in her Yukihime guise, Eva in her true form sitting back and observing things, only helping when it suits her purposes, is the Eva I love. That attitude of hers is what I’ve always liked about her.

For the entire fight, she was perched on that large boulder-rubble, watching. With Touta right in front of her, she was in a position to defend him if needed. So, when Touta got tossed the Gravity Blade, mama bear watched with keen interest to see what her cub did. When Touta defeats Nagumo, mama bear is proud, but with her usual “hmph.”
As I've said, I don't have a problem with the Yukihime guise. But Eva's true form is the one that comes off as more powerful, and certainly has more attitude and sass.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 02:43   Link #5203
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
That said, I do like the more "mature" Eva
Admit it, you're in for the oppai.

-----

Well, I did translate the spoilers for half a year, (ok bad translation),
I shared the Interview with Akamatsu,
and in general just trying to have a nice time.

But when after two years I give my opinion about that annoying special princess overmaster only once, the post gets deleted. And the actual reason I'm so disappointed, no warning, no infraction, no pm. I don't even know why it got deleted.

But hey, everybody has its limits. I'm done. Please perma ban me.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 15:38   Link #5204
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
But when after two years I give my opinion about that annoying special princess overmaster only once, the post gets deleted. And the actual reason I'm so disappointed, no warning, no infraction, no pm. I don't even know why it got deleted.
I'm not even a mod and I can tell you that. It's because the mods are doing their job. No one is interested in your opinions on other forum goers, this is not the place for it, and it's probably against the forum rules. If you've got personal beef with someone, take care of it with them.
Old 2016-09-16, 23:00   Link #5205
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
08/06
Akamatsu Studio after 1.5 months rest, restart drawing UQ.

09/20
first deadline for UQ on BSM
Quote:
UQ 127 progress is slow, but Ken claims he is not worry, which was last week, when all he did is 19 pages total, today he mentions that the chapter is only 1/3 done after a month of works with with half a month to go, and he has to speed up again.

from that I estimate the chapter will should have close to 60 pages? no telling if Ken will cut it short now.
09/14 Ken calculates he needed to do 5 pages a day until deadline to make the quota for the new first chapter

09/16 declaring the new first chapter to be 63 pages, Ken “hopes” he can finish page 40 by the end of the day, OTOH, the color page for the front cover of BSM is done and turns in.

Last edited by Hata; 2016-09-23 at 03:14.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 00:50   Link #5206
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
09/14 Ken calculates he needed to do 5 pages a day until deadline to make the quota for the new first chapter

09/16 declaring the new first chapter to be 63 pages, Ken “hopes” he can finish page 40 by the end of the day, OTOH, the color page for the front cover of BSM is done and turns in.
Well, if he's done with the color cover, they'll be able to finish the rest of the pages that much faster, since that's all he'll have to worry about.
Old 2016-09-23, 03:18   Link #5207
Hata
時の異邦人

09/17 done up to page 39, but finished all backgrounds for all 64 pages,

09/20
finished 50 pages, the rest 14 pages backgrounds all finished and only needs to put in characters,

09/21
due day, going nuclear, but by using a Japan public holiday (09/22 Autumnal Equinox Day) Ken is stealing a day to continue working.
*since none of the editors from the publisher will be working the immediate day after the deadline, turn in the work on time will only mean nothing will be done on it during the holiday, or you can say Ken sacrifices his holiday to get the works done, and this is not the first time Ken using this technique.

09/23
UQ new chapter 129 is finished, magazine cover+front 3 color pages+60 regular pages, including fan service of “all members”.

pre-order for UQ book #12 limited edition on Amazon is over.

10/09
BSM November 2016 with UQ chapter #129 goes on sale.

scheduled UQ animation.

Last edited by Hata; 2016-09-23 at 10:13.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 10:25   Link #5208
AstroNerdBoy

Cool. He did get it done with some last moment push.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2016-10-05, 07:06   Link #5209
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Spoiler 129 has out
That's mean time for Good ol Astro to write daily chapters summary in his blog.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 07:11   Link #5210
amtro
Distro

Daily? I guess you mean weekly. And no, UQ Holder is a monthly now, so expect chapter spoilers once a month at best.
Old 2016-10-05, 08:53   Link #5211
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Spoiler 129 has out
That's mean time for Good ol Astro to write daily chapters summary in his blog.
True! Hopefully, CR is still simulpubbing this. I think October 10 in Japan is when the new chapter is published. Assuming Kodansha sent the pages to CR well in advance, then the Twins would have time to get things translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Daily? I guess you mean weekly. And no, UQ Holder is a monthly now, so expect chapter spoilers once a month at best.
Yep. But there shouldn't be any break months though. Well, in theory.

Old 2016-10-05, 09:05   Link #5212
Hata
時の異邦人

Spoiler for 129:

P.S.
per twitter, Ken just had his meeting with the anime director and script writer, as he said, next year would be busy.
Old 2016-10-05, 10:57   Link #5213
AstroNerdBoy

Thanks for the info!

Old 2016-10-06, 02:26   Link #5214
Robotech Master

I know Yue's got that 'A-cup Angst' and all, but damn that's a shapely torso.

Dat color cover tho. Trying to recall all names and faces: I know that's Makie and Akira there, are the other two Ako and Yuna?
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 02:37   Link #5215
Hata
時の異邦人

Spoiler for 129:
Old 2016-10-07, 03:37   Link #5216
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Spoiler for 129:
Spoiler for response:

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-10-07 at 03:52.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 17:44   Link #5217
AstroNerdBoy

Yeah...

Spoiler for 129:

Old 2016-10-08, 02:48   Link #5218
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Chapter 129
It went from nostalgia to bloody shock.
Did Touta time traveled into the past or he was in illusion world? Hard to tell but Eva reaction made Touta sound time traveled.
Now, i wonder who is Al exactly it turned out gravity sword and Al did not get along well since the sword resented him.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 03:44   Link #5219
Homura7

Admit it guys. None of you expected Eva go from an adult with the body of a loli to a wondrous sex bomb. Even if the later part is a result of age pills.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 04:37   Link #5220
Ultragunner

I really want a chapter where Touta actually went back in time and meet Negi when he was in Mahora

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love