AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 05:29   Link #5601
Javiersansano

But in zero's case, are there any major differences between oroto and tv?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 21:51   Link #5602
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
But in zero's case, are there any major differences between oroto and tv?
Yes. Proto Zero can't be labeled as the standard MG treatment.

The Wing Gundam is still very much Okwara's design in almost everyway. The only thing that changes is only minor detailing and preportions.

Zero on the other hand has completely redesigned elements.

1. Rastor Wings - Style, shape, and just overall design is different.
2. Shield - Completely restyled and molded in a much different look then the original.
3. Buster Rifle - The inclusion of Machine Canons/Guns on the Side of the Rifles instead of being on the Shield when they are combined.
4. Legs - Completely new Transformation mechanic and overall leg design is redesigned.
5. Cockpit - Completely new location.

Compare that to Wing.
1. Big Triangle on Shield Removed.
2. Added connection between large and middle wing.

That is it as far as removal and additions go. Everything else was proportion changes.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 19:29   Link #5603
Davidex950

sorry a curiosity, what exactly frozen teardrops?
Davidex950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 19:31   Link #5604
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidex950 View Post
Frozen Teardrop?

Click the link:
http://bit.ly/1aWtJ0D
Old 2013-11-03, 21:22   Link #5605
Knight_SV

in january or february we will finally see debut of altron and d-hell
i'm curious on altron lineart with the re-added tail beam cannon+wings
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 21:23   Link #5606
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
in january or february we will finally see debut of altron and d-hell
i'm curious on altron lineart with the re-added tail beam cannon+wings
Maybe then we will see Bandai put out the MGs for the rest of the Wing EW kits? But they're putting back the tail beam and wings? How many times did it even use it?
Old 2013-11-04, 09:52   Link #5607
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I always found those wings to look horribly ugly. Never saw the point in them.
Kinda odd. I love TV Shenlong to pieces, but TV Altron is my least favorite Gundam of the bunch. The paint job and being overstuffed never did it for me. You can imagine how delighted I was to see it had lost the wings and goofy shield on the shoulder in EW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidex950 View Post
Frozen Teardrop is a bad fanfic novel by one of the show's head writers, Katsuyuki Sumizawa. It was originally marketed as a sequel to the TV series, which takes place on Mars, but Mr. Sumizawa has thrown in so many flashbacks that it qualifies as a prequel, too.

The Mars time line (the sequel) tells the story of the next generation of Gundam pilots, who, along with the older pilots, find themselves in the middle of a civil war on Mars, as the Lanagrin Republic under the command of a hologram of Zechs Marquise declares war against the Martian Federation. To make matters worse, Relena, who is still young due to being frozen, is used as a trigger to kill 3 billion people on Mars. Heero, who was frozen too, is woken up and given the mission to kill Relena by Earth President Dorothy T. Catalonia.

The AC time line (the prequel) deals with events that happen before the series starts, such as the politician Heero Yuy's connection to the Peacecraft family or Treize's heritage and upbringing, which in turn intertwines with the Gundam pilot Heero's origins.

I find it difficult to read, since it is paced poorly and lots of stuff is simply of-the-wall. To complicate things further, the author jumps to and fro in time lines, makes every character look virtually the same and has a ridiculous fondness of the name Catherine. His penchant for "twists", claiming something one chapter and cancelling it the next, doesn't help matters either.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:06   Link #5608
gordol
Banned

Daily reminder: 2013 is ending and we still haven't seen any new suits bar Prometheus.

While it's obvious the Proto Wing Zero is the base for the future MG Snow White.

M-maybe next year, right guys?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:08   Link #5609
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Daily reminder: 2013 is ending and we still haven't seen any new suits bar Prometheus.

While it's obvious the Proto Wing Zero is the base for the future MG Snow White.

So I guess "Snow White" will be the 2.0 for MG Wing Gundam Zero EW?
Old 2013-11-05, 19:20   Link #5610
FalsePrime

Quote:

I wouldn't be so sure it will be. As it stands they have released both Crossbone X2 and X3 using the old X1 Ver Ka frame and design. It really come down to if Bandai believes that Snow White and what would likely follow with a Zero EW (Given Snow and Zero are likely very close if not identical outside of color) to make them a good amount of money.

As it stands Crossbone X2 and X3 as well as Crossbone in general are quite popular yet they didn't feel the need to release them to stores. IF Snow White is how we all imagine it is, it isn't without consideration that we could very well see a recolor with small additional parts added in and released online.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 20:48   Link #5611
Sefira-P

Hello guys I am new in the forum and i am a huge fan of Gundam wing since i was 7 years old i readed frozen tear drop in littel part so i know that you guys traslate the novel and can i ask you guys send me what you have of the novel so far or send a page were i can read it, because the paga i found just have unit Nocturne of Sorrow V so i will apriciate if you can help me with that.
Sefira-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:53   Link #5612
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I wouldn't be so sure it will be. As it stands they have released both Crossbone X2 and X3 using the old X1 Ver Ka frame and design. It really come down to if Bandai believes that Snow White and what would likely follow with a Zero EW (Given Snow and Zero are likely very close if not identical outside of color) to make them a good amount of money.

As it stands Crossbone X2 and X3 as well as Crossbone in general are quite popular yet they didn't feel the need to release them to stores. IF Snow White is how we all imagine it is, it isn't without consideration that we could very well see a recolor with small additional parts added in and released online.
But we know the following about Snow White:
-same face as Proto WZ
-WZC wings
-new designed twin buster rifles

Besides we have a MG Epyon that hints at both Epyon White(just add another dragon head as dragon fang, plus a beam trident from MG Shenlong) and Epyon Repaired(just add a green arm and beam cannons at the dragon mouths that already open as a gimmick)

Also MG Tallgeese, already got 2, 3 just needs a new head, shield and mega cannon. Heaven is also supposed to reuse this frame

Katoki has the designs at 95% down, he'll finalize them for the MGs next year.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 19:59   Link #5613
Davidex950

ok thanks IkuzeMinna, a question, now how can I do to read frozen teardrops? there is a kind that sends me all the chapters of frozen publicati to date? or at least tell me how do I find it?
E grazie per tutto quanto spece ad Elioblue
Davidex950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 20:42   Link #5614
Blazer-X

Quote:
But we know the following about Snow White:
-same face as Proto WZ
-WZC wings
-new designed twin buster rifles
Uh, where did we get this confirmation? Please link pictures too, if there are any. Thanks.

And CrossBone X2 and X3 were not nearly popular enough. There's a reason why they became online exclusives rather than a full release. That's why Bandai had no qualms using the older frame.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 20:44   Link #5615
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Uh, where did we get this confirmation? Please link pictures too, if there are any. Thanks.

And CrossBone X2 and X3 were not nearly popular enough. There's a reason why they became online exclusives rather than a full release. That's why Bandai had no qualms using the older frame.
Probably making observations based on:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-07, 20:45   Link #5616
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Probably making observations based on:

Spoiler:
Face looks more WZCish to me than Proto WZ. In fact, that just looks like WZC in a cloak... which is largely uninteresting if that happens to be the case.
Old 2013-11-07, 20:47   Link #5617
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I think we could think of it as a repair version of Wing Zero EW (i.e. Wing Zero Custom) since we know that in the movie, it was never detonated, but it did get severe damage from firing it's Twin Buster Rifle at max power after duking it out with Shenlong Kai EW (i.e. Nataku).
Old 2013-11-07, 20:49   Link #5618
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I think we could think of it as a repair version of Wing Zero EW (i.e. Wing Zero Custom) since we know that in the movie, it was never detonated, but it did get severe damage from firing it's Twin Buster Rifle at max power after duking it out with Shenlong Kai EW (i.e. Nataku).
It was never manually detonated. I think after that spectacular explosion at the end of EW, it was in just as bad shape as any of the other detonated Gundams.
Old 2013-11-07, 20:51   Link #5619
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
It was never manually detonated. I think after that spectacular explosion at the end of EW, it was in just as bad shape as any of the other detonated Gundams.
Regardless, I think it looks so similar is because it wasn't detonated and needed repairs.

Wyvern
Warlock
Prometheus
Scheherazade

Those are like the next evolution to the Heavyarms Kai EW, Shenlong Kai EW, Sandrock Kai EW, and Deathscythe Hell EW because they were detonated.
Old 2013-11-07, 22:22   Link #5620
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Face looks more WZCish to me than Proto WZ. In fact, that just looks like WZC in a cloak... which is largely uninteresting if that happens to be the case.
That is not WZEW's head. Anyone who says it is has no idea what they are talking about. That is WZTV's head. Look at the chin and the cheeks.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing