AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-24, 00:16   Link #401
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
This is going pretty fast; it'd be cool if Little Busters can get fully translated before its anime airs (not that an anime is confirmed of course, but I'm 99% certain it will ).

Sigh, and I suggest that you should REALLY stop complaining about it. You can have your morality however you want, but you don't need to announce it every once in a while.
Oh, I guess I did say that before.
Of course there will be an anime, Key would be run over with fans with heavy murderous intent if they didn't(one of those would be me).

Quote:
Out of Air, Kanon, and Clannad, Clannad was the most successful and it didn't have H-scenes. But tbh, I just laugh when I watch H-scenes xD

So far, LB! Limited Edition (original?) installs and works fine when I change the non-unicode to Japanese. Patches normally as well. Only problem is, is there a way I can run it without getting the weird text and have non-unicode set to English? I used applocale for AI Sp@ce and that helped, not sure how to do it with LB!
I actually didn't have the non-unicode programs setting to Japanese when i installed and ran the and patch, so I dunno.
Everyone is a spirit, has a soul, and lives in a body.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks like it'd be fun to be that high up in the sky...
Old 2010-11-24, 00:26   Link #402
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
This is going pretty fast; it'd be cool if Little Busters can get fully translated before its anime airs (not that an anime is confirmed of course, but I'm 99% certain it will ).
Actually, I think they're having trouble getting an adaptation because of the usage of eroge VAs.
Old 2010-11-24, 09:02   Link #403
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, I think they're having trouble getting an adaptation because of the usage of eroge VAs.
Why would that be the case ? Certainly hasn't stopped anyone or Key making an anime from eroge before, and a good number of voice actors star in both 'clean' anime and eroges, albeit under different aliases, and in case these seiyuu wouldn't want to perform in an LB anime (for whatever reason), they can always be replaced. Whatever is the reason for LB not having an anime yet, Key's seiyuu choice for the game has nothing to do with it.
Old 2010-11-24, 13:30   Link #404
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Why would that be the case ? Certainly hasn't stopped anyone or Key making an anime from eroge before, and a good number of voice actors star in both 'clean' anime and eroges, albeit under different aliases, and in case these seiyuu wouldn't want to perform in an LB anime (for whatever reason), they can always be replaced. Whatever is the reason for LB not having an anime yet, Key's seiyuu choice for the game has nothing to do with it.
I think Key's just being lazy, or are too busy with Rewrite or something like that to make a LB! anime, although, we need a LB! an anime more than we need Rewrite, at least, that's what I think, especially if Rewrite is going to be adult(I don't recall reading wether it was or wasn't on the wiki page)>_<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-24, 13:48   Link #405
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Most of the eroge that become anime either have 'clean' console ports with different (or, for older games, added) voice actors, have voice casts composed entirely of anime VAs, or don't have voice acting at all.

Many of LB's voice actresses, (Tomoe Tamiyasu in particular) have never voiced in mainstream anime before, and furthermore, I can't see them replacing the VAs; no KEY adaptation so far has ever done that.
Old 2010-11-24, 13:51   Link #406
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

..."most"? I beg to differ. In fact, most -keep- their original roster, except the voice actors use their true name or another alias, compared to their eroge one.
H2O, 11eyes, Shuffle, Ef, Fortune Arterial, Canvas2, etc.

Unless you are talking about a massive amount of obscure and totally unknown adaptations, I really doubt that changes are that numerous in that kind of things (well, some series like Da Capo).

Furthermore, a unknown eroge voice actor isn't a problem. Actually, it is even easier for a studio to hire them, as they would arguably cost much less than seasoned voice actors.
Old 2010-11-24, 13:57   Link #407
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

*shrugs* I'm just going by things I've heard about eroge VAs not wanting to do anime adaptations.

I suppose I'm wrong.
Old 2010-11-24, 15:49   Link #408
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

I really can't wait for the LB anime (which is going to happen), and I don't say that lightly. I think it's going to come out comparable to Lucky Star, that was how the game seemed to me (until you entered someone's route), mixed with a hint of Clannad and a heap of originality. I'm sure it will be very popular
Old 2010-11-24, 16:03   Link #409
JJDunn
The Basic One

Send a message via MSN to JJDunn
It would be nice if they put a hint in the new Angel Beats OVA coming soon, or that might be for season 2. If an anime of LB was to come out soon, it might not be done by KyoAni since they're already making another series.

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-11-24, 19:23   Link #410
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Better get to makin' that LB! anime, KyoAni :P
But, I hope they use the same VAs, I don't think any other VA would work that well for Rin >_<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-25, 04:33   Link #411
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudfan101 View Post
I don't think any other VA would work that well for Rin >_<
Rie Kugimiya.
Old 2010-11-25, 18:14   Link #412
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

I really hope KyoAni do it, I'd rather wait for them than have someone else do it sooner. They did Kanon and Clannad perfectly, so I completely trust them with Little Busters, If Toei do it instead I'm just going to wait four years for the KyoAni remake
Old 2010-11-25, 18:50   Link #413
JJDunn
The Basic One

KyoAni, or the guys who did Angel Beats, fine with any. Aslong as it's not like the Clannad movie, or Kanon 2002... my god, the chins... the CHINS!

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-11-25, 20:39   Link #414
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDunn View Post
KyoAni, or the guys who did Angel Beats, fine with any. Aslong as it's not like the Clannad movie, or Kanon 2002... my god, the chins... the CHINS!

What in the world...........

@TheRealTRXD Yeah, I'd rather wait also.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-25, 22:15   Link #415
Kudryavka

Hm, I guess Key could revisit Little Busters (which is now three years old) with an anime now, but with each passing day my hope wanes. Looks to me like they've moved onto Rewrite.

And also, the version of Little Busters for PC that doesn't have H scenes and is for sale now is called "Little Busters! Standard Edition". The Limited Edition was only for sale for a limited time back in 2007, and getting a copy of that now would run you well over $100. There's three versions out right now: "Little Busters! Standard Edition" (PC, 15+), "Little Busters! Ecstasy Standard Edition" (PC, 18+), "Little Busters! Converted" (PS2, PSP, 15+).

@JJDunn Whoever you got that image from obviously hates Kanon 2002. They 'shopped the chins bigtime, lol.
Spoiler for Truth:

But regardless, the art style of Kanon 2002 is a result of trying to emulate Hinoue's strange style (eyes that are too wide apart, putting a mile between the mouth and the chin, etc.). KyoAni did a much more aesthetically pleasing job of incorporating her style, but even Kanon 2006 and Air 2005 have gotten criticism for their "bug-eyed people".
Old 2010-11-25, 22:42   Link #416
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
which is now three years old
Doesn't mean much. Clannad was released in 2004 but got its anime in 2007.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:05   Link #417
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Doesn't mean much. Clannad was released in 2004 but got its anime in 2007.
I know, which is why I still have some hope.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:21   Link #418
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

I'm not very optimistic of a person, but I do think that this anime adaption is probably going to happen, I don't see any signs that it wont. KyoAni is just doin the same old thing, it balances Key adaptions and Manga adaptions (and haruhi), so I can see LB being the next thing they work on. Little Busters got a huge refresh with the Ex version, so it's still pretty fresh, not just something that happened three years ago y'no?
Old 2010-11-27, 09:06   Link #419
JJDunn
The Basic One

I did see something about LB in 2011. It might have been manga related, but it was in a list of upcoming anime in 2011.

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-11-27, 13:43   Link #420
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I'm kind of interested to see how Kyoani will adapt the storyline, especially given... what happened before. (Anyone who knows the secret of LB's world and one of kyoani's past work should know what I'm talking about)
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation