AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 15:34   Link #1
Zerowinger

renaming files?

hey there... i have a few anime episodes that some has put a stupid text before name of the series >> !asdlas [animename]XX.mkv xx is the episode number.

now, since it's over 100 files i dont wanna rename them manually, so i wonder if there is anyway to rename all files at once or by automation, so it will become [animename]XX.mkv insteed of !asdlas [animename]XX.mkv
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 16:07   Link #2
arcadeplayer987

I think you need to rename them manually.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 16:22   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It is actually possible to automate this.

There are two methods that you can use. If I understand what you want to do right, the better would be to use a macro renamer. My favorite batch renamer is a free program called ARen. I think that its usage is pretty self-explanatory. Basically you load the directory into the program, and then make use of its simple interface. In your case, you'll basically be telling it to remove the !asdlas from filenames. It will then look at each file name in the directory you've specified, removing only the text you've entered. I presume you want to remove fansub group names from the filename. Most of them come like "[Groupname]" - if you just enter "Groupname", you'll find that all of your files have "[]" in front of them. Make sure to enter what you want remove exactly.

I don't use the latest version and I see that they've changed the interface to be a bit more confusing. If you're really confused, I can download it and give you precise instructions. I think you'll probably be able to figure it out, though.

My main usage for this program was to remove the underscores generated from downloading files in mIRC and to replace them with spaces.
Old 2008-01-31, 12:21   Link #4
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I'm using Adobe Bridge for things like that. Start up Adobe Bridge > Tools > Batch Rename
I use this to remove the underscores and those random [51C434C2] before archiving my anime.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 16:52   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
I'm using Adobe Bridge for things like that. Start up Adobe Bridge > Tools > Batch Rename
I use this to remove the underscores and those random [51C434C2] before archiving my anime.
Cool, I didn't know that Bridge had that sort of functionality. But for simply renaming something, Bridge is definitely an overkill program to use