AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 17:36   Link #481
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
external electrical control? well we haven't seen her fight an opponent with the same element and no one is dumb enough yet to use an electrical attack at her. So I think she had perfect control.
True, we haven't seen her in a proper fight with another Electromaster (I think there was one in Volume 8 in Musujime Awaki's group, but they fainted upon seeing what Mikoto could do).

What I've noticed is that when she does things such as hacking, she tends to make physical contact with the machinery (however she didn't appear to be in contact with the security cameras when she sneaked into that facility to confirm the clone rumours and erased her presence from the footage, nor the security bots - perhaps they don't need so much effort). Also, when she wants to deliver a shock to someone, she sends a discharge at them.

What I was thinking about, was the possibility of manipulating electricity without making physical contact or sending out a discharge, instead inducing it remotely.

Quote:
Bio electricity? like what Accelerator is doing? She could had done that to enhance her speed if she could so utilizing it might be helpful.
Maybe if she could sense and influence bioelectricity remotely, then perhaps she could use it to affect an enemy's movement or thought processes, or perhaps use electrical telepathy.

Quote:
Well her name is the railgun so if it's a power up then it should be her ace attack that needs more tune up.
I wonder how she could enhance her railgun without simply increasing the size of the projectle. Perhaps some sort of magnetic effect to arm herself (and to avoid fumbles like in the Graviton case)? Or perhaps a way of rapid firing railguns? Or perhaps affecting the air in the projectile's path to minimise friction?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2010-09-21 at 16:10. Reason: Meant to say 'electrical' not 'electronic'
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 18:34   Link #482
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post

I wonder how she could enhance her railgun without simply increasing the size of the projectle. Perhaps some sort of magnetic effect to arm herself (and to avoid fumbles like in the Graviton case)? Or perhaps a way of rapid firing railguns? Or perhaps affecting the air in the projectile's path to minimise friction?

The graviton's case is one of the epic failure that I can't seem to understand She should have manipulated it with magnetism but she didn't well if she did Touma wouldn't had time to shine.

And don't say it too me that she's not using her ability to magnetize it before. If you look at the other pictures or scene where she flips up and down or ready to flick it. You could see the entire electricity being store in it and ready to lunch. So her power should had act on it.
Old 2010-09-10, 01:24   Link #483
Flere821
Lurker

I've read in a Chinese forum that they speculated if Mikoto ever reached Level 6 she might be able to control electromagnetic forces that holds atoms together and erase someone from existence. Like that Doctor Who episode finale a few years back?

But I have no clue whether that's even plausible, since I'm no good with physics ^.^;
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:24   Link #484
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've read in a Chinese forum that they speculated if Mikoto ever reached Level 6 she might be able to control electromagnetic forces that holds atoms together and erase someone from existence. Like that Doctor Who episode finale a few years back?

But I have no clue whether that's even plausible, since I'm no good with physics ^.^;
Nah, it won't erase them from existence.....just disintegrate them on a subatomic scale. And the forces that hold atoms together is not EM but rather the strong nuclear forces involving quarks and gluons.

She could still cause them to detonate by simply ramping up the EM repulsion between protons such that they overcome the strong force though.
Old 2010-09-10, 08:49   Link #485
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah, I have a feeling that any Esper reaches Level 6 would no longer be limited to just the nature of their original power... That's why it's called [SYSTEM].
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 08:52   Link #486
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah, I have a feeling that any Esper reaches Level 6 would no longer be limited to just the nature of their original power... That's why it's called [SYSTEM].
True....level 6 should be around Hyouka's level
Old 2010-09-10, 09:12   Link #487
stillmissing

Just to clarify, the strong nuclear force operates on the subatomic scale, binding the components of the nucleus of an atom. The force that binds the electrons to the nucleus, as well as the force that binds one atom to another is indeed the electromagnetic force. And it scales up from there, as the same force binds molecule to molecule. So it isn't even necessary to operate at the atomic scale.

What Flere821 is proposing actually isn't all that different in principle to what Mugino already does with her electron collapse with meltdowner.

But Cosmic Eagle is absolutely correct in stating that something affected in such a manner won't technically cease to exist. That's not possible after all due to the conservation of mass. A target would indeed disintegrate though at a fundamental level back into its basic components.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:48   Link #488
Phibrizzo
Honos628

And yet accelerator manipuate matter on a quantum lvl already, so her breaker the laws of energy conservation is posible, hell she already break the law of energy conservation generating so much power without a actual source (and no human body cant generate that much power).
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 21:33   Link #489
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
And yet accelerator manipuate matter on a quantum lvl already, so her breaker the laws of energy conservation is posible, hell she already break the law of energy conservation generating so much power without a actual source (and no human body cant generate that much power).
But she still can't completely erase someone Fianma style
Old 2010-09-10, 22:14   Link #490
tsunade666

well fianma is more like
Spoiler:

what's the use of using physics against a broken guy.
Old 2010-09-10, 22:29   Link #491
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
well fianma is more like
Spoiler:

what's the use of using physics against a broken guy.
I mean she can't completely obliterate someone unlike what Fianma can do with Holy Right
Old 2010-09-10, 23:14   Link #492
tsunade666

ah.... okay. well that guy is broken so who cares. His an imagine breaker without limits on erasing.
Old 2010-09-11, 09:11   Link #493
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
all espers break the laws of physics one way or another, still, acceleretor's power doesn't just break a couple laws, it actually completely rapes physics as a whole...heck, he should even be able to isolate particles...

and btw, he may not be able to erase someone from existance, but should be able to come close: break his body down into fundamental particles, then either "freeze" said particles(by redirecting energy exchanges between them and isolate them) or rebuild them into something else...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 11:13   Link #494
Phibrizzo
Honos628

If we want to really see a broken character if she ever get to lvl 5 (not likely) Uiharu power has lots lots of potential
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 11:39   Link #495
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She could still cause them to detonate by simply ramping up the EM repulsion between protons such that they overcome the strong force though.
That might help to even the odds a little bit...

(I'm a little bit worried about what would happen if Mikoto were to run into one of these 'broken' characters)
Old 2010-09-21, 10:09   Link #496
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
external electrical control? well we haven't seen her fight an opponent with the same element and no one is dumb enough yet to use an electrical attack at her. So I think she had perfect control.

Bio electricity? like what Accelerator is doing? She could had done that to enhance her speed if she could so utilizing it might be helpful. but really I'm no good at those terms and ideas so I can't really answer on what can she do if she get stronger other than blast a lot bigger bullet for railgun and a lot faster than 3 x the speed of sound railgun. Well her name is the railgun so if it's a power up then it should be her ace attack that needs more tune up.
I'm already suggested about Mikoto power up attack, couple pages ago, while she call upon Thunderbolt Rain as improvement of her normal Railgun. Instead flick the coin with her thumb to her opponent, she throw a bunch of it (or other metal fragment) to the air above her enemys head and call the thunderbolt to strike down through each one.

Or if she evil enough, she can replace the coin with any iron sand particle that can act as conductor to sent Zeus Whip to anyone....indiscriminately

Misaka evil mode > blow iron sands particle to the air > make iron sands coin/flock above the head > call thunderbolt
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 16:17   Link #497
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I'm already suggested about Mikoto power up attack, couple pages ago, while she call upon Thunderbolt Rain as improvement of her normal Railgun. Instead flick the coin with her thumb to her opponent, she throw a bunch of it (or other metal fragment) to the air above her enemys head and call the thunderbolt to strike down through each one.
Sorry, I don't quite get it.

Is it that she is using the metal fragments as a lightning rod, or is she replicating the railgun effect from afar?

If it is the former, is it for precision? (I thought she could call down lightning anyway without need for metal)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2010-09-29 at 13:42.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:27   Link #498
Seihai
スマイリウム

Vote for Misaka-sama as long as you still can in ISML... not like she's gonna win, though.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:37   Link #499
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Vote for Misaka-sama as long as you still can in ISML... not like she's gonna win, though.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:06   Link #500
Seihai
スマイリウム

Oh, I'm actually really excited about it. I'm sorry if my post gave the wrong idea, I haven't been used to posting in forums lately so I usually cut it short.

I told everyone in my msn and facebook about the voting today, if they knew / cared about it or not. (and made them vote Misaka :P)

And if it's about "not like she's gonna win" part, it's what I really think as a fact. Many others think that, too. After all, just the last battle she lost with a difference of 622 votes or something like that.
I really wish Mikoto will win, and I would be surprised and happy if she did.
It's just the facts are against her I think.