AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-08-13, 06:18   Link #281
TurtleMarlowe

So I've been watching Turn A on blu-ray as of late. I'm about a quarter of the way through it. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm intruiged by the fact that war could break out at any time between Earthers and the Moonrace. Loran is a pretty good protagonist, too. Possibly my favorite Gundam protagonist so far. I've only seen Wing, G Gundam, 00, and part of SEED, though. It'll be tough for a Gundam to beat 00 as my favorite, but I'm willing to stick it out and see if it turns out well.
TurtleMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 08:17   Link #282
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Started watching Turn A Gundam but I think I made the worst mistake by trying the movie version. The editing feels so weird. It's like the pacing is ridiculously past and the characters are always talking like .hack/sign with no breathing. Not even a song to relax
Old 2023-08-08, 09:34   Link #283
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Started watching Turn A Gundam but I think I made the worst mistake by trying the movie version. The editing feels so weird. It's like the pacing is ridiculously past and the characters are always talking like .hack/sign with no breathing. Not even a song to relax
Fatal mistake. The 2 Turn-A movies are compilation events from the series with all gas & no brakes
Old 2023-08-09, 06:28   Link #284
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Okay. Restarted from the tv series. Already the beginning was awkward with all the nudity. Loran also takes a lot of abuse like a comedy series. He piloting the White Doll also had that insane comedy as he was naked and hits his crotch. He even crossdresses! Guess Yasuhiko didn't work in this series as character designer.

Harry really feels like a direct reference to Quattro from Zeta. Something that surprised me despite the early battles is that there are not that many wars and instead Loran is fighting just to avoid the beginning of one which sure is different from previous works from Tomino.
Old 2023-08-10, 06:57   Link #285
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm really surprised with the tone sometimes. The whole "princess mess" starts just because of a game like an old movie from the 90s. Still, the part that confused me the most was when am ilitary woman starts seducing Loran and almost every man in a certain episode. There was nothing subtle about what she did to the point it reminded me of "prostitude" from Mushoku Tensei. It's like if Tomino started putting more sexual content into his works after Char's Counterattack though Double Zeta had a random woman who kept pushing Judau into her cleavage for no reason.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-08-10 at 08:05.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 12:05   Link #286
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Got to the half. Gotta say my biggest attention is the handling of romance considering the big gap between an engaged couple. I'm confused about Loran's own feelings too as he downright admitted he was in love with the Queen yet their relationship feels like just a knight and her protect. I mean, the most notorious thing they did when Loran told her about his thoughts is dancing. Guess the age gap is also big too considering the her real nature