Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-07, 08:41   Link #161
Dernhelm
High on Jin

always a pleasure!
and it seems i haven't shared the ripped dramas here yet (just #7), so here they are!

Spoiler for Audio Dramas Only:

here's this week's radio broadcast, in case anyone's interested
Innocent Venus Radio 09 (40.9 MB)
FLEET were guests.

re: Dogs---no word yet on the 3rd volume, no? i think the 2nd just got released... last year? so maybe two or three more years..? ._.
LOL, is there a thread for Dogs anywhere? XD i think there's going to be something that will link Naoto and Heine XP

Jin really looks like the charismatic type. he has won Jo's loyalty, Sana's trust, and even Toraji's, Sana's father and the skeptical grandfather's favor (sort of). but you're right about a lot of things, i also thought that Jin was someone Jo thought could match up to him. he might've thought that Jin was a competent rival that he simply could not "chicken down" on, to use the term lightly. but more importantly, is how he feels and appreciates being respected by Jin.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-09-07 at 08:56.
Old 2006-09-09, 01:43   Link #162
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Wow... 5 episodes and I am already totally hooked. It's been a long while since i was able to watch five episodes of an anime without skipping anything (I usually skim most anime). I hope the quality keeps up.

Sana already has a crush on Jin, it's pretty cute, even if I hate pedophilia.

Jo is awsome too, of course. I love all the characters in this show so far, even the crazy Chinese guy.
Old 2006-09-09, 04:27   Link #163
Sana chan
Kisssub Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm
anyway, it's become quite a huge mystery why Jo is going out of his way so much for Jin. Zephonith, i liked when you said that there is some uncanny relationship dynamic between the two.
I guess the reason I highlighted it is because it's so strange that Jo, who is either disrepectful to or ignores basically everyone (the guys in ep 5, Drake in the audio drama being good examples) has absolutely no problems with Jin's authority and takes orders from him. In fact, I think the only other person he actually makes an effort to talk to properly is Sana in ep 2 in the truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
i really nead to work on my conversational vocabulary so this kind of misunderstanding doesn't actually happen when trying to talk to someone! lol
I hope this doesn't mean you'll be having conversations in Japanese about killing people!
Old 2006-09-09, 06:51   Link #164
kuromitsu

Dernhelm: wah, thank you~~ *downloads like mad*
(As for Dogs, it's still on its first volume. The series was restarted in Ultra Jump last autumn, and so the first volume was reissued around that time. As far as I know -sadly I've no access to UJ magazines so I have to rely on the official site for info- it's been appearing somewhat irregularly in UJ, so I guess there's not enough chapters yet for a second volume. According to the UJ official site, the story finally reveals something about Giovanni and Heine's backstory... gah, I really want to read it. >_>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Sana already has a crush on Jin, it's pretty cute, even if I hate pedophilia.
Does it really count as pedophilia? ^^;; I don't think Jin feels particularly attracted to Sana or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephonith
I guess the reason I highlighted it is because it's so strange that Jo, who is either disrepectful to or ignores basically everyone
I don't think he's disrespectful per se, it's just that he doesn't really care to make an effort to be polite. Besides, I'm getting the impression from the anime and the drama that he simply doesn't know how to interact properly with people. Like in the drama when Jin scolds him for being disrespectful with Drake, I can see him not quite understanding what he did wrong. (Like, "I didn't insult him or anything..." :D;;) Maybe it's just my shoujo roots showing, but there seems to be some kind of air of innocence about him. But I'm also wondering about his absolute and unconditional trust in Jin. I mean, apparently he doesn't even know what they're doing and why... he just accepts Jin's words without a question.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2006-09-09 at 07:13.
Old 2006-09-09, 10:53   Link #165
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
Does it really count as pedophilia? ^^;; I don't think Jin feels particularly attracted to Sana or anything...
Well by supporting the pairing I meant feelings on both side, as in I would approve even if Jin ends up developing feelings for Sana in the future.

But then again... there's only an 8 years difference. It's not all that bad if Sana is older.
Old 2006-09-09, 14:06   Link #166
Dernhelm
High on Jin

*i'ma pm you about something re: Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
Besides, I'm getting the impression from the anime and the drama that he simply doesn't know how to interact properly with people.
this is what i've been thinking too. it's too apparent how Jo can't seem to handle other people besides himself. he doesn't know how to talk straight to Sana, or at least had a very hard time trying. he was shaking or "handling" Gora like a doll or animal when he interrogated him, sort of. he also didn't seem to know how to help his previous partners properly (which earned jeers and sneers), according to the dramas. and when he held Gora by the "scruff of his neck", it was like a clueless grownup who was suddenly left with a kid and had no idea how to treat that kid decently. this ignorance also brings indifference, which changed when Jin entered the picture. i'm partly accepting what was said before that Jin was the first to accept Jo for who he was thus earning gratitude and respect as a cause for this blind loyalty. but it's not yet enough. :\

as much as i hate to say it, he looks something like a puppet now, or a bodyguard or dog following his master's orders without question or throwing himself into danger so as to protect him, more than as a real friend. Jo, being the type that rarely speaks, it's all up to Jin to show us (his side of) the story of this peculiar trust.

Old 2006-09-12, 08:20   Link #167
Dernhelm
High on Jin

sharing Drama #8

http://www.box.net/public/auhg60k66t

yay, anime's back tomorrow!

Old 2006-09-12, 08:31   Link #168
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

it's been 3 weeks already?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-09-12, 20:25   Link #169
Dernhelm
High on Jin

i thought i heard them say it's back tomorrow? or at least it felt like it.
some interesting stuff that happened in this drama episode, it was the kidnapping scene on the plane. me and my friends are puzzled whether it was a split second decision for Jin for him and Jo to turn their backs on Phantom, wherein they didn't have time to notify Nobuto.
Spoiler:
or did they receive instructions/permission to take down the crew and betray their own? i dunno, i want to wait for Zephonith's take on this before assuming anymore.

Old 2006-09-13, 01:25   Link #170
kuromitsu

Yes, episode 6 is supposed to air today... and apparently in this episode Jou will talk! xD;;; Nojima sounded so enthusiastic. xD (But then, they've been joking about Jou's reticence since the beginning.)

As for the radio drama, I could only listen to it when I was already half-asleep so I probably didn't get everything right, but
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-13, 03:10   Link #171
Dernhelm
High on Jin

whoa... Jin... looks like there really is something more to him. something that might not be so pleasant after all. >_<

edit: great, this is making me think/assume/theorize a lot.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-09-13 at 03:34.
Old 2006-09-13, 04:03   Link #172
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i smell the actual height of drama in the series...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephonith
I hope this doesn't mean you'll be having conversations in Japanese about killing people!
you never know... i might at least have conversation about jjamming my finger in a guy's ear during a life and death fight
Old 2006-09-13, 18:04   Link #173
Cilia

ep 6

Damn, i wish i have the time to post something decent about this episode. University is killing me...

Spoiler for screenshots and few words:

Does anyone know when the OST will be released ?
Old 2006-09-14, 00:24   Link #174
Sana chan
Kisssub Translator
*Fansubber

Ok, I've done the final audio drama writeup. It sheds light on some things, yet at the same time, it doesn't really answer the questions we want answered. The problem is that the dramas are from Vikro's point of view, and she doesn't know anything! It's all still very ambiguous...
Old 2006-09-14, 00:57   Link #175
Dernhelm
High on Jin

final!??? did they say it's the last audio drama there will be?

edit: i take it back. it makes sense. it's the last time the army gets to document their movements, which Vikro i think is charged with. hopefully there will be a "second leg" which will change POV's this time. oh no, don't tell me it'll be Gora if that's the case. XP

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-09-14 at 01:14.
Old 2006-09-14, 01:09   Link #176
Sana chan
Kisssub Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Technically not the last, because there's a bonus one on the Audio Drama CD releasing 21st Sept, but yeah, this one is the last that will be broadcast.
Old 2006-09-14, 02:13   Link #177
kuromitsu

Quote:
Well, they did catch up with the anime...

As for ep 6, it was cheesy in many different ways but it was fun, as usual. Except, Jou didn't talk after all, dammit. xD;;; (Or did they promise he'd talk in another ep? I must've been almost asleep at that point...)

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-14, 22:41   Link #178
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rampage

Feels good to return watching this series after it's relative short hiatus.

The title says it all. The theme for this episode that regarding how well organized or put into effective combat strategies, small groups are fodder to the bigger powers that employ powerhouses using a superior technology (i.e. Gladiators, Phantom elite soldiers)

The flip side of the coin is that the blood-hounds and foot soldiers under the ministry of the bigger power can never escape the inevitable fate- being the expendable pawns as a means to attain an end.
Spoiler:

On the other hand, it causes a devastating trauma of grief and contempt on the other side that cares just to live on an ordinary life with their loved ones.
Spoiler:

Moreover, I have read everyones' posts regarding Jin stubborn disposition to continue onwards with his vengeance, and his yet ambiguous intentions towards Sana.
Spoiler:

Lastly, Jo. He might not had talked but he feels and remembers. He's a soldier but not an automated machine without soul and neither a blood hound that lusts for carnage.
Old 2006-09-18, 10:27   Link #179
Dernhelm
High on Jin

lol, i refuse to say that it was a kiss. i think it was an affectionate nuzzle more than anything.

and... what else :\

EDIT: Chinran's actually put on some pretty cool and slick martial art moves back there. he might win me over just for that XD

and LMAO, a friend made me notice that quite on the contrary, Jo didn't talk AT ALL. XDDDDD; i think he had the most lines in the next episode preview, lolol. (he's being paid big, just to "gasp" XDDD)

Old 2006-09-18, 10:46   Link #180
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Feels good to watch Innocent Venus again. It is just such a pity that not many people are talking about it. Much like Black Lagoon... or ARIA. Sigh.

Spoiler for Episode 06:

Cheers.

Tags
action