AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 17:13   Link #1961
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I'm pretty sure the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight should continue pretty soon. I mean what else is there to show in the zanpakuto arc? Would they continue with the Amagai timeline? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Don't get me wrong, I actually like fillers if they're done well. That is, if they're done like the Bount arc or Amagai Shuusuke arcs. Actually, I think I'm one of the few people that actually liked those. The current fillers are okay, but I would prefer a storyline. Canon or not, watching a bunch of disconnected episodes is boring. Where's the tension and suspense? The entertainment factor is what separates good and bad filler. If it's actually entertaining and makes me want to watch it, it's good filler. If I'm watching it just because I feel I have to to remain faithful to the show (e.g. Naruto filler from Part I), then it's bad.
I agree to an extent. Shows about nothing ARE entertaining to an extent(Seinfeld, anyone?). Some would consider them "true fillers", in between story arcs and whatnot. IMO though, I find it too compromising for a fictional world's potential for everything to be jumbled together into arc and stand-alone episodes. If this were more realistic, there'd be tons of other factors in a "story arc", like say a random guy mugging a main character. Shit happens, but stories tend to ignore the outside world for the story at hand.

And I'm starting to ramble

Quote:
but close enough that if something changes in the storyline, the anime-only adaptions don't suddenly run into continuity or canon issues. This is a bg problem with Naruto
Really? How'd that happen?
Old 2010-04-05, 17:44   Link #1962
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I'm pretty sure the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight should continue pretty soon. I mean what else is there to show in the zanpakuto arc? Would they continue with the Amagai timeline? I don't think so.

Really? How'd that happen?
Well, I don't think they would continue those arcs. I didn't mean to imply that. I was only stating that from an entertainment perspective, those filler arcs were actually worth watching. That is, I wouldn't skip them, because they were enjoyable in their own right. Like the Bount arc. Guess what? Ririn, Noba, and Kuroudo (our little Bount-sensor friends ) are still in the series sometimes when we see Urahara's shop, despite the fact that they are anime-only, and filler-original characters to boot.
Spoiler for A brief aside...:

And in Naruto, there's been a ton of ret-conning lately in the anime to try and explain the filler with Utakata, not to mention the jinchuuriki and bijuu in general. While they weren't bad, the filler didn't turn out to be as much of a gaiden as I had originally hoped, that's all. In my opinion, they shouldn't bother trying to explain it because as far as I'm concerned continuity flew out the window a long time ago with any kind of filler episodes.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:52   Link #1963
kamyu

Quote:
It is? Not what I heard. I heard they were doing another season of fillers.
what you heard was an april fools joke.
episode 266 (next week) is titled "Ichigo VS Ulquiorra"
Old 2010-04-05, 18:00   Link #1964
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
Oh, that's nice to hear. I've been both looking forward to and dreading the upcoming fight.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:07   Link #1965
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Well, I don't think they would continue those arcs. I didn't mean to imply that. I was only stating that from an entertainment perspective, those filler arcs were actually worth watching. That is, I wouldn't skip them, because they were enjoyable in their own right. Like the Bount arc. Guess what? Ririn, Noba, and Kuroudo (our little Bount-sensor friends ) are still in the series sometimes when we see Urahara's shop, despite the fact that they are anime-only, and filler-original characters to boot.
Spoiler for A brief aside...:
Ugh. I hate the dub names "Noba" and "Kuroudo". And I'm usually tolerant of dubs. They'll always be Nova and Cloud to me. Sounds less Engrish.

It IS better when anime originals are included in the anime's main timeline though. Makes more of a "complete" story.

Quote:
And in Naruto, there's been a ton of ret-conning lately in the anime to try and explain the filler with Utakata, not to mention the jinchuuriki and bijuu in general. While they weren't bad, the filler didn't turn out to be as much of a gaiden as I had originally hoped, that's all. In my opinion, they shouldn't bother trying to explain it because as far as I'm concerned continuity flew out the window a long time ago with any kind of filler episodes.
Nothing wrong with retconning, IMO. As long as it's done right. I haven't seen Naruto since Cartoon Network stopped airing it though. D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
...and that explains that.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:24   Link #1966
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
It IS better when anime originals are included in the anime's main timeline though. Makes more of a "complete" story.
I agree, that's the reason I kind of like the Bount arc (even though I only watched the last half ). It made it seem like Aizen spent awhile in HM preparing for the attack/practicing saying just as planned in front his mirror.

Quote:
...and that explains that.
Pretty sure it was already explained just a few posts up.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:26   Link #1967
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ugh. I hate the dub names "Noba" and "Kuroudo". And I'm usually tolerant of dubs. They'll always be Nova and Cloud to me. Sounds less Engrish.
I only spelled them that way because that's the way it's spelled on the Bleach wiki. Personally I don't like Engrish either, but I wasn't sure if Nova and Claude were their proper names or just how DB translated it at the time. It's hard to tell with katakana sometimes.
Old 2010-04-06, 05:44   Link #1968
Aqua Knight

Time to start discussion on the upcoming opening music and ending since filler ends this week and we get new OP/ED NEXT WEEK!!

Opening song:

Its going to be sung by Miwa, but the name of the song hasnt been announced yet. (However if you listen to her "Dont cry anymore" song, you might get some type of idea what it will sound like)

Ending song:

'Stay Beautiful' -Diggy Mo:
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:03   Link #1969
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

^ we probably shouldn't be discussing them in the Q & A thread, though.
Old 2010-04-07, 11:17   Link #1970
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Question: When is Bleach Ending?

Yeah, I know. I am mastering in Jackass with a doctorate degree in sarcasm. Couldn't help but ask that though. When I become old and decrepit I'm going to tell my grand children (If?) about the never ending anime called Bleach, then I'll change it to the channel it's usually on, and then there will be a commercial saying "Tite Kubo passed away, no more Bleach."

Then i'll die from surprise that it actually ended. Hazzah!
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:16   Link #1971
kamyu

but kubo is an illusion. aizen is the true author. bleach will exist forever.
Old 2010-04-11, 00:04   Link #1972
kamyu

random question came to mind after switching on cartoon network bleach for noise:

since most dubs bastardize honorifics, what is the dub version of "KUROSAKI-KUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?
Old 2010-04-11, 00:14   Link #1973
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

I've watched up to about 135 of the dub, and all I've heard Orihime call him was "Ichigo".
Old 2010-04-13, 03:47   Link #1974
Ayim

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the correct translation for Eppisode 215 / Chapter 317
when
Spoiler for "aaa:
Ayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 07:32   Link #1975
Langus
Optimus Prime

Spoiler for Reasoning/possible manga spoilers:

Anyhow, I would err on the side of "heart" since ch 317 also bears the title "Six Hearts Will Beat As One". Continuing the theme then, Ulquiorra is talking about the heart. No idea as to why the subbers decided to use soul - perhaps because the idea of the soul is abstract it fit will with the point of emotion being abstract. Who knows.
Old 2010-04-13, 11:58   Link #1976
kamyu

the sub translation of that line is even more dubious when you consider that they translated the same word to heart when orihime says it earlier in the same episode.

also, we were given a set up to the abstract heart idea with rukia's flashbacks with kaien.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:58   Link #1977
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Are the fillers over?please say they are.
If so at what episode should i resume?
Thanks.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:57   Link #1978
Gin
*Artist

No, fillers are still going for a couple of weeks.
Old 2010-04-18, 20:56   Link #1979
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
thnx
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:39   Link #1980
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Fillers ended last week. I mean they started the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight at the end of that episode.

Unless they are going back to fillers after the one episode... Then that's just annoying.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a