AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-22, 13:59   Link #1
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Unhappy I don't want to stay like that!!!

ok, you might say it's a stupid or funny topic but i don't care, this problem is serious for me.
Here we go, I'm 16 but I'm short. People says that my face looks like a 16 years old but as a body im a bit short. I'm the shortest guy between my friends. They are all 3cm taller than me(I know it's not a lot but they are also kind of short
It pisses me off The thing that pisses me off even more is that I do excercices but there's no change(well of course there is but not really much). Anyway, I think the problem is that I don't eat a lot. So I will work on that but of course eating KFC, hot-dogs and stuff like that, won't help me out. So anyone know what kind of food should I eat?

Please

thanks

Last edited by ShadowX114; 2003-12-22 at 22:15.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:04   Link #2
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
well, you already went through puberty (im assuming). Eat protein (fish, chicken, meat, in that order, preferrably not fried) and work out.
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:15   Link #3
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

hahaha, i thought you were talking about something else there. I was like: "What, you compare sizes with a ruler?> 3 cm isnt that much?"

oh, you're talking about heigher..... dont mind me, im dirty
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:25   Link #4
corp20
Internet God

Hehehe. I never had that prob. I'm 6'1 and 17. What is your height exactly? I know a lot of people how are 5 feet tall. Don't feel bad about your height, unless you are getting your ass beat daily, it really doesn't matter. Well being tall is sometimes a plus with the ladys....... SOMETIMES!

Oh yeah! You being small just make other parts look bit bigger.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:35   Link #5
LynnieS

Do you want to grow in height or what? Height is pretty much a non-issue; I don't know of any way that you can add inches to your height short of surgery, and truthfully, I would, if I were you, stay off of the operating table.

Don't eat junk food too much. All that'll get you is inches around the waistline and ass. IMHO, you're better off eating well-balanced meals and going to gym. I consider free weights better than Nautilus machines, but that's just my opinion. Regardless, just make sure that you're doing the exercises correctly, or you'll hurt yourself. Get a personal trainer for a couple of sessions if you're really unsure of what you're doing.

If you're going to exercise a lot, you'll... damage, I guess that's the word for it - your muscles, so I'd eat foods (protein?) that'd help them recover and rebuild.

Everything above is my $0.02, and if you're not sure about something, ask a professional!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 14:43   Link #6
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

drink lots of milk. i knew this one dude that drank a gallon of milk a day (he also worked out everyday and played sports), and he's about 6'5 and built like a horse, and im not exaggerating.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 15:03   Link #7
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Do you want to grow in height or what? Height is pretty much a non-issue; I don't know of any way that you can add inches to your height short of surgery, and truthfully, I would, if I were you, stay off of the operating table.
Actually there is a procedure to grow taller. Something weird like breaking your legs and add some substance that acts like bone and reseting your bones. Something like that..... I don't full know. But what I do know is that is it nasty.
Old 2003-12-22, 15:47   Link #8
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
yeah i heard about that too
it takes something like half a year after the procedure to be able to move properly again
and you only gain and extra ~2% of your height
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 15:53   Link #9
LynnieS

Really? I haven't heard about the procedure. The only one that I was aware of being practiced deals with:

1. breaking your leg bones,

2. clamping some kind of a holder to keep the pieces steady to allow the break to not heal crookedly and to keep the pieces apart, and

3. your having to manually twist this holder every week or two to make sure that the break remains apart.

The bone basically keep growing at the site of the break till you've reached the target height, and you can let it heal. Like I said, not something you want to try if you're already at a reasonable height.
Old 2003-12-22, 16:01   Link #10
corp20
Internet God

I'm not too sure that the one I mention was in "practical use". It maybe being worked on as we speak.....
Old 2003-12-22, 16:04   Link #11
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Drink milk, play basket ball and don't spend too much time in front of your computer!
Old 2003-12-22, 16:11   Link #12
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
At your local GNC, you can find protein shakes, and body mass builder, etc. Look for the bottles with extremely muscular men on it.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:11   Link #13
LynnieS

Umm, I'm 5'8", and I sit in front of a computer all day... Much to my dismay, I might add.

Re Vulkar's suggestion, don't those shakes and such just provide you with a ton of calories? You'll still need to go to the gym to work them off, or I suspect that you'll gain the wrong kind of mass.

Edit - Whoa. Talk about "Big Brother is watching you." Did anyone know that if you go into someone's profile, you can see what action he's performing at that time? Cool, but scary.

Last edited by LynnieS; 2003-12-22 at 16:24.
Old 2003-12-22, 16:14   Link #14
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Drink milk, play basket ball and don't spend too much time in front of your computer!
My older brother sits in front of the computer all day...... AND I'M TALLER THAN HE IS!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I throw that in his face almost daily.
Old 2003-12-22, 16:25   Link #15
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Umm, I'm 5'8", and I sit in front of a computer all day... Much to my dismay, I might add.
Hmm... Did you sit on front of your comp all day when you were growing?
If yes, then all I can say is that there are some exceptions in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
My older brother sits in front of the computer all day...... AND I'M TALLER THAN HE IS!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I throw that in his face almost daily.
LOL!
Old 2003-12-22, 16:25   Link #16
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
sitting in front of a computer really doesn't have much to do with it, nutrition does a little bit. but the biggest part is genetics.... so until we figure out how to manipulate your genetics, re-grow a body, then transplant your consciouness into it.... you're most likely stuck that way...

but hey.... do whatever.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:28   Link #17
jir0
grumpiest when sleepy

or you can move to a country with relatively short people, make new friends, and you'll be the tall guy. or probably you just haven't hit your growth spur yet, guys have it until they're 22 to completely loose hope, you're probably just a late bloomer, like my cousin, he used to be below my nose, and i see him a year later, he's wearing size 42 shoes and now i'm at his chin level...in btw, i'm like 5'4. so, stop worrying so much, mental stress hurts your growth. also, get sufficient sleep, since that's when your brain secretes the '______' [sorry for forgetting its scientific name...it's just that we never use it in daily life.] on average, the whole secretion thing happens between 11:00pm to 2:00am, just make sure you sleep during that time frame and do a lot of exercise. 16 is way too early to be on a diet.
jir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:28   Link #18
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrihr
sitting in front of a computer really doesn't have much to do with it, nutrition does a little bit. but the biggest part is genetics.... so until we figure out how to manipulate your genetics, re-grow a body, then transplant your consciouness into it.... you're most likely stuck that way...

but hey.... do whatever.
Did you watch First Wave? Sci-Fi.
Old 2003-12-22, 16:35   Link #19
wnkryo
HainShodan

Just keep telling your self...

j/k
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:38   Link #20
corp20
Internet God