AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-30, 10:24   Link #1481
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well if that's true then it's awfully dumb. A week is seven days (obviously), so using the term "sold in week 1" makes everybody think "in seven days" as per the definition of "week." Then again, it would be far from the first time that people were dumb like that...........
It's the first (begun) week of sales. Nowhere does it suggest 7 days. Shinji, you should relax a bit when it comes to DAL. I've never seen anybody complain about this issue before you today.

Quote:
What do you mean the same release date as volume 1? All anime volumes are released towards the end of the week like that.
It was also released on Friday. So volume 2 has 8% less sales in the same time span, therefore I don't know where your confidence comes from that it will surpass volume 1. For nearly every anime there is a drop after volume 1. Depending on the series and whether gifts were included (best example Love Live) the drop will be bigger or smaller. And by the way, there are two major release days during a week. Wednesday and Friday. It's pretty much balanced between those two.
Old 2014-07-30, 12:38   Link #1482
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I think you're significantly misinterpreting the feelings and intentions of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It's the first (begun) week of sales. Nowhere does it suggest 7 days. Shinji, you should relax a bit when it comes to DAL. I've never seen anybody complain about this issue before you today.
It's not complaining complaining, it's casually pointing out how it's stupid that they call it a week when it isn't a full week. It's not supposed to bring up a response.
And I don't see how I'm being uncalm about it.

Quote:
It was also released on Friday. So volume 2 has 8% less sales in the same time span, therefore I don't know where your confidence comes from that it will surpass volume 1. For nearly every anime there is a drop after volume 1. Depending on the series and whether gifts were included (best example Love Live) the drop will be bigger or smaller. And by the way, there are two major release days during a week. Wednesday and Friday. It's pretty much balanced between those two.
You're pretty much saying what I said in the manga thread yesterday.
I'm not confident about anything. In fact, I'm worried that after the significant drop in sales between season 1 and 2, and the huge drop in sales between Rinne Utopia and Ars Install, that they won't green-light a third season. I was only saying "it might sell better than volume 1" because at the time I still thought that "the first week of sales" actually meant the first week, as in up to this Friday.
Old 2014-07-30, 12:46   Link #1483
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Here is some mana art. I wonder if kotori would approve this ending .
I would approve of incest between Shidou and Mana
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 17:05   Link #1484
Miraluka
Banned

Usually when I post the sales number I wait for a whole week to pass to avoid these problems.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 17:45   Link #1485
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think you're significantly misinterpreting the feelings and intentions of my post.
Then I'm sorry for that.

Quote:
It's not complaining complaining, it's casually pointing out how it's stupid that they call it a week when it isn't a full week. It's not supposed to bring up a response.
And I don't see how I'm being uncalm about it.
Well, just the calling of things and people "awfully dumb", which for a minor issue does sound a bit spicy. Then again, different people, different standards of using certain phrases.

Quote:
You're pretty much saying what I said in the manga thread yesterday.
I'm not confident about anything. In fact, I'm worried that after the significant drop in sales between season 1 and 2, and the huge drop in sales between Rinne Utopia and Ars Install, that they won't green-light a third season. I was only saying "it might sell better than volume 1" because at the time I still thought that "the first week of sales" actually meant the first week, as in up to this Friday.
Haven't looked into the LN thread for quite some time, so I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Usually when I post the sales number I wait for a whole week to pass to avoid these problems.
Only that it isn't a problem, as the week 2 numbers are usually far lower than the week 1 numbers, despite being a full 7 days. To remain at DAL, the week 1 numbers for volume 1 was 5,563. Week 2 only added 741 more copies to that, or not even 12% of the total number up to that point. If the reporting dates were moved to the anime release dates (which is a problem in itself due to the existence of two major release dates) the only result would be that many shows would be listed for a single week and then drop out due to the numbers falling below the reporting threshould.
Old 2014-08-03, 05:43   Link #1486
LoveYouSaber

Is anyone able to identify Kurumi's battle theme in DAL II (such as the one that starts playing at around 4:30 of episode 8, where Kurumi hugs Shidou and flies over to Miku)? I want to know if it's included in the season 2 OST or whether it's from season 1? I tried to find it, but couldn't. Thanks!
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 08:07   Link #1487
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I would approve of incest between Shidou and Mana
- So it'll be Mana: My Little Sister, then? Complete with the sister dying at the ened?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 00:52   Link #1488
AP24

BD/DVD vol 1 sold 6,304 and vol 2 sold 6,068. So it looks like this season will average around 6k per vol. Looks like the chance of getting a 3rd season is better than I thought.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:05   Link #1489
LoveYouSaber

Not bad news, but in addition to BD/DVD sales, I think we'll need to wait for the theatre version and its reception to know whether a third season will be likely. Hope at least they have news on the theatre version soon.

Meanwhile, though, it seems there's a picture of Kurumi in a wedding dress coming with one of the future Blu-Ray discs?
Old 2014-08-12, 11:11   Link #1490
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Not bad news, but in addition to BD/DVD sales, I think we'll need to wait for the theatre version and its reception to know whether a third season will be likely. Hope at least they have news on the theatre version soon.

Meanwhile, though, it seems there's a picture of Kurumi in a wedding dress coming with one of the future Blu-Ray discs?
Aahh... I smell OVA is coming...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 11:14   Link #1491
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Aahh... I smell OVA is coming...
The smell of tears from all anime-only fans will be... delicious !
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 17:07   Link #1492
Frontier

Kurumi looks very lovely in that wedding dress .

Hope someone posts a bigger version of that image soon .
Old 2014-08-18, 09:46   Link #1493
LoveYouSaber

Don't know if this should be considered news or information about the movie, but I noticed the below Japanese Twitter feed message on DAL II's website today.

"12/14ディファ有明で開催の「デート・ア・フェスⅡ」劇場版も決定した『デート・ア・ライブ』の最新イベントが先行抽選受付中!優先チケットはBD&DVD限定版第2 巻に封入。第2次先行は8/28までの受付ですのでお忘れなく!詳細はこちら"

(Bold is mine)

What struck me was that it refers to the movie as Date a Live II OVA, so is this an indication that the movie is going to include events or characters that have appeared in the second season of DAL, and at the same time ruling out any possibility of it being a movie adaption of the PS3 games?

Also, would be nice if someone who knows Japanese can make out what the message is about - is it roughly something like an event related to the OVA is going to be held on 14 December? If so, at least we know we're going to hear more about the OVA by then.
Old 2014-08-18, 22:08   Link #1494
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Seems like purchasing the Volume 2 Limited Edition comes with a "Priority" ticket, probably for a special screening.
Old 2014-08-21, 07:35   Link #1495
AP24

BD/DVD Vol 4 (Ep 7 & 8) will have unaired scenes totaling 9 min.

There are 4 min in Vol 1, 7 min in Vol 3 and now 9 min in Vol 4. So maybe Vol 5 (Ep 9 & 10) will have more than 10 minutes of extra scenes.
Old 2014-08-30, 16:41   Link #1496
Rayrex
Bao-Feng-5

Good day, eveyone.
Yesterday I gotten my copy of the third BD volume of Date A Live II (along with selector infescted WIXOSS first BD volume).
I was simply amazed of the improved flow of the home release version over than the TV version. An approximately of seven minutes of added content between episodes five and six.

Fans of Miku will have a nice treat, with this volume.
Miku is Love, Miku is Life
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Update!
http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/season2_dvd05.html
Rayrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 18:11   Link #1497
AP24

The total amount of unaired scenes this season is about 40 min, which is 2 episodes long. So watching the BD version is like watching 12 episodes. I hope the groups that have planned on subbing them will start soon.
Old 2014-08-31, 03:20   Link #1498
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrex View Post
Good day, eveyone.
Yesterday I gotten my copy of the third BD volume of Date A Live II (along with selector infescted WIXOSS first BD volume).
I was simply amazed of the improved flow of the home release version over than the TV version. An approximately of seven minutes of added content between episodes five and six.

Fans of Miku will have a nice treat, with this volume.
Miku is Love, Miku is Life
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Update!
http://date-a-live-anime.com/bldvd/season2_dvd05.html
ZOMG! Those Miku merchandise are spectacular! xD

Yes! Miku is Love! Miku is Life! No Love No Life! xD

Got some extended scenes of both vol. 4 & 5?

PS: Aww, no goodies for the Vol. 4. D:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 00:47   Link #1499
kinematic0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
ZOMG! Those Miku merchandise are spectacular! xD

Yes! Miku is Love! Miku is Life! No Love No Life! xD

Got some extended scenes of both vol. 4 & 5?

PS: Aww, no goodies for the Vol. 4. D:
Here is the extra scene :- http://fs00r612.blog82.fc2.com/blog-entry-1809.html
kinematic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 08:35   Link #1500
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematic0 View Post
The extra scenes made the flow of the episodes a lot better.

Tags
comedy, harem