AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 14:59   Link #29041
Justin_Brett

So backstabbing someone Susano is fighting = bad

But when he sneak attacks someone carrying a wounded soldier in a way that makes her slam into pavement at high speeds, that's perfectly alright?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 15:21   Link #29042
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
I meant to put in a snippet that makes it clear he's working on the mechanical aspects of Nove, but it was slow going because he couldn't find a base appropriate to use them on yet, and I totally forgot to add it. I'll put it in later.
I would suggest you change it to one of the older Numbers instead. There would be reasons why there'd be no point in working on the mechanical aspects without a proper base (such as you might end up redesigning the whole thing once you do get the base) You'd get bogged down in explainations.
The information on when each Number was completed actually exists, I think someone here can tell you which Number Jail might be working on in MC0066.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 15:34   Link #29043
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So backstabbing someone Susano is fighting = bad

But when he sneak attacks someone carrying a wounded soldier in a way that makes her slam into pavement at high speeds, that's perfectly alright?
Hey, I never said he wasn't a hypocrite. But in his mind, he used basically non-lethal force (or close) and he was preventing them from ganging up on Tsukuyomi, so he's okay with it. Ammy was trying to kill Vita and, more importantly: He was totally fighting that one! Seriously, what the Hell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I would suggest you change it to one of the older Numbers instead. There would be reasons why there'd be no point in working on the mechanical aspects without a proper base (such as you might end up redesigning the whole thing once you do get the base) You'd get bogged down in explainations.
The information on when each Number was completed actually exists, I think someone here can tell you which Number Jail might be working on in MC0066.
Unfortunately the only Numbers activated in proximity to 0066 were Wendi and Nove in 0069. All the others are either already complete, or won't be activated until 0075 when they're put into service against Riot Force Six.

Last edited by Moczo; 2011-02-06 at 16:12.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:21   Link #29044
Justin_Brett

Still, that situation was arranged such that no-one can actually call him out on it. Considering everybody goes on and on about how crazy Ammy is, why should he get away with that? And Nanoha was DONE, dude; a trained warrior like him should have been able to see that, I think.
Old 2011-02-06, 16:24   Link #29045
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
You know, I really hate the way you have to end almost every chapter in a way that makes me want to see what happens next right now.
Don't be fooled! He actually ends every scene like that, so that no matter where he inserts the chapter break that happens!

Quote:
Blaaaah, you're right... I meant to put in a snippet that makes it clear he's working on the mechanical aspects of Nove, but it was slow going because he couldn't find a base appropriate to use them on yet, and I totally forgot to add it. I'll put it in later.
Isn't Nove supposed to be Subaru's genetic twin (except for minor palette-swapping tweaks?) so, wouldn't he still have access to the material for her? Or was it established in canon he had to wait for Zest, Quint, and Megane's failed raid to get the necessary samples from Quint to re-start things?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:27   Link #29046
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Don't be fooled! He actually ends every scene like that, so that no matter where he inserts the chapter break that happens!
You know me so well.

Quote:
Isn't Nove supposed to be Subaru's genetic twin (except for minor palette-swapping tweaks?) so, wouldn't he still have access to the material for her? Or was it established in canon he had to wait for Zest, Quint, and Megane's failed raid to get the necessary samples from Quint to re-start things?
I was under the impression that Subaru and Ginga were, while based on Scaglietti's research, actually made by someone different. Is that wrong?
Old 2011-02-06, 16:36   Link #29047
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

I think is implied that they were "made" by other person and that was why Jail wanted them. Itīs being I while though so I donīt remember very well.

Also also nice avatar Moczo~
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:40   Link #29048
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Longer part than usual.

This replaces the canon incident for Zest and Co.

Shine Parts 1-30

Shine Part 31

Shine Part 32

Shine Part 33

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 34:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2011-02-07 at 10:18. Reason: Edited for clarity
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:42   Link #29049
Justin_Brett

I'm kind of disappointed Ammy didn't hit him back, honestly. Even if he doesn't like it, they have a duty to fulfill, and punching her for trying to focus on that goal just seems like him being a brat. He's been asking for it for a while, really.
Old 2011-02-06, 16:44   Link #29050
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I was under the impression that Subaru and Ginga were, while based on Scaglietti's research, actually made by someone different. Is that wrong?
Subaru and Ginga are based off Quint. Someone got her genetic material and created them, but it's unknown whether they were created as babies, or rapidly grown to the age 5 or so when Quint finds them. I'd have to look up exact dates. Some think Quint may have even donated her material since she couldn't have kids, and then "rescued" them later. But yes, this is from someone else's work.

Nove is based off of Quint, too, but from Jail's doing. He extracted genetic material from her, but then presumably left her dead body to be recovered by the TSAB. Which is a bit interesting, considering he took Megane at least; unsure if he actually took Zest, though.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:52   Link #29051
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Longer part than usual.

This replaces the canon incident for Zest and Co.

Shine Parts 1-30

Shine Part 31

Shine Part 32

Shine Part 33

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 34:
Y'know, that last line pretty much sums up the entire chapter. The fact that they didn't die makes me kind of happy though, it was an unfair end really.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:54   Link #29052
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
I think is implied that they were "made" by other person and that was why Jail wanted them. Itīs being I while though so I donīt remember very well.

Also also nice avatar Moczo~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Subaru and Ginga are based off Quint. Someone got her genetic material and created them, but it's unknown whether they were created as babies, or rapidly grown to the age 5 or so when Quint finds them. I'd have to look up exact dates. Some think Quint may have even donated her material since she couldn't have kids, and then "rescued" them later. But yes, this is from someone else's work.

Nove is based off of Quint, too, but from Jail's doing. He extracted genetic material from her, but then presumably left her dead body to be recovered by the TSAB. Which is a bit interesting, considering he took Megane at least; unsure if he actually took Zest, though.
Thought so! Thanks for the confirmation, guys.

And thank Kuroi Hadou for the avatar, he made it for me.

Quote:
I'm kind of disappointed Ammy didn't hit him back, honestly. Even if he doesn't like it, they have a duty to fulfill, and punching her for trying to focus on that goal just seems like him being a brat. He's been asking for it for a while, really.
*shrug* She makes up for it by generally being impossible to live with. And yeah... he's not all that great a person, when you get right down to it. He's got weirdly paradoxical morals and does not take his work seriously enough. Amaterasu is a bit heartless, but she was doing her job. He was taking care not to kill anyone, but he wasn't. And yes, he is a bit of a brat; Ammy's rather tolerant of her baby sibling's eccentricities because she wants to get them into bed because of how long they've been together. She knew this was coming, eventually.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:25   Link #29053
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

*Checks Calendar* Huh?

Quote:
Next chapter of Infinity is up! A bit shorter than the norm, but it brings back what you really all read the story for: the kickoff to several straight chapters of exposition! Whoo-hoo!
I'm waiting for the whole exposition actually, not just a kick-off . But it's nice that Jail finally enters the picture; I'm eagerly awaiting for the train-wreck

Wait, where did the blueprint for Jail came from? Was it something I missed or something yet to be revealed?
Old 2011-02-06, 17:56   Link #29054
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
*Checks Calendar* Huh?

I'm waiting for the whole exposition actually, not just a kick-off . But it's nice that Jail finally enters the picture; I'm eagerly awaiting for the train-wreck

Wait, where did the blueprint for Jail came from? Was it something I missed or something yet to be revealed?
Hey, sometimes I'm awesome like that.

I first mentioned the blueprint awhile back, in this chapter. So it didn't come out of nowhere, don't worry.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:59   Link #29055
Justin_Brett

In what section of it, pray tell?
Old 2011-02-06, 18:01   Link #29056
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

I think it's more likely that Regius, as the one spearheading the project, saw a member of his close friend's squad whose combat style and special abilities were deemed ideal for the combat cyborgs and so decided to use her as the basis. Wouldn't be difficult for him to get her DNA via records or by ordering a blood test. Jail probably had access to the same material.

Though some one else did make the type 0s, I'm not sure if it's the same case as Project Fate or not, with Jail doing the fundamentals, but another person perfecting it.
Old 2011-02-06, 18:11   Link #29057
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Hey, sometimes I'm awesome like that.

I first mentioned the blueprint awhile back, in this chapter. So it didn't come out of nowhere, don't worry.
So I guess we won't be seeing another Infinity or Chaos Theory for another six months?

Ah, yes, now I remembered. Chekov's Guns are fine, Asspulls are not
Old 2011-02-06, 18:13   Link #29058
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
In what section of it, pray tell?
Spoiler for Not sure if this needs spoiler tags or not, but what the hey.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
So I guess we won't be seeing another Infinity or Chaos Theory for another six months?

Ah, yes, now I remembered. Chekov's Guns are fine, Asspulls are not
Naaah, three months, tops.

I try to pull my plot twists firmly from Chekov's Armoury; at least I have made the attempt to subtly foreshadow most of the major plot twists to come, though if I've done my job right, the foreshadowing won't become obvious until after the event in question has already happened.
Old 2011-02-06, 18:15   Link #29059
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I think it's more likely that Regius, as the one spearheading the project, saw a member of his close friend's squad whose combat style and special abilities were deemed ideal for the combat cyborgs and so decided to use her as the basis. Wouldn't be difficult for him to get her DNA via records or by ordering a blood test. Jail probably had access to the same material.
While Jail might have had it from Regius, if you use this line of reasoning, Jail (or whatever researcher made Subaru and Ginga) had Megane and Zest's as well. Why not do combat cyborgs out of them? Zest was pretty bad ass even while he was half-dying.

The only difference I can see is that Quint couldn't have kids. Thus, impetus to have children.

But really, either theory would work.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 18:27   Link #29060
Justin_Brett

Oh right. Not sure what just the power source will do without being connected to the Master Gate itself. Seems like the sort of thing that might blow up in their face, and prevent them from affecting actual canon. >_>

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha