AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 11:33   Link #101
leokiko

It's nearly impossible for me to hate an manga with an smart protagonist.

Also, this is like Index + Iris Zero. The amount of magic stuff explained in just 1 chapter proves that. But that could change afterwards.

Forgot to say: Yandere sister can't go wrong.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:34   Link #102
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It's nearly impossible for me to hate an manga with an smart protagonist.

Also, this is like Index + Iris Zero. The amount of magic stuff explained in just 1 chapter proves that. But that could change afterwards.

Forgot to say: Yandere sister can't go wrong.
Man! I dislike those Bloom folks, just Nuke them already!
Even a blind people have a 'talent' no one know except their kind

Once upon a time I see a blind old lady, sniff money and then separate it exactly as each of their value. I ask her how did she do it without her sight, and she said by feelin the surface of the money, using her nose, and when I see her money not all of them is in good condition. I kiss the back of her right hand to praise her talent before parting.

And our ancestor always use Blind people to works as Blacksmith assistant to heat the fire, since their blindness, make them can stare infront of the fire without needed to turn their face, always turn on the oven, and make work to heat the metal finished faster

my point is:
don't underestimated people just because they're not up to your 'standard'..Bloom folks

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-28 at 18:35. Reason: Do not link to that site here!
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:54   Link #103
Xion Valkyrie

Well, after reading chapter 3, it's obvious that he doesn't have the ability to use 'normal' magic because he'd be god like if he did.

It's a handicap so he doesn't roflstomp everyone else.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:14   Link #104
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

So is this a new monthly series? I just read all three chapters and it was pretty good, and definitely something to look forward to.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 10:49   Link #105
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, after reading chapter 3, it's obvious that he doesn't have the ability to use 'normal' magic because he'd be god like if he did.

It's a handicap so he doesn't roflstomp everyone else.
I'd be careful with this, for one reason: Miyuki. It's absolutely clear that she is exceptionally capable and reasonable, and I get the impression that she _really_ ranks herself way below Tatsuya. And not just because she's doting on her brother, but because she _really thinks so_.

In other words, there's more to him than we get to see at the moment. And more than just a bit of hand-to-hand combat skills. That alone wouldn't cause Miyuki to be THAT impressed.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 12:12   Link #106
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'd be careful with this, for one reason: Miyuki. It's absolutely clear that she is exceptionally capable and reasonable, and I get the impression that she _really_ ranks herself way below Tatsuya. And not just because she's doting on her brother, but because she _really thinks so_.

In other words, there's more to him than we get to see at the moment. And more than just a bit of hand-to-hand combat skills. That alone wouldn't cause Miyuki to be THAT impressed.
It could just be a combination of his older brother role, his hand-to-hand training, and the fact that he's a genius at magic (and apparently pretty much everything). He definitely has a lot of things he hasn't revealed, but unless he has a special hidden power that only activates at certain times, he probably won't be using magic.
Old 2012-03-01, 12:49   Link #107
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

He is special in some way, since he didnt want Mizuki to look at him too long (i wonder if they have been tampered in some way to augment/give them magic by their father).
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 14:57   Link #108
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
He definitely has a lot of things he hasn't revealed, but unless he has a special hidden power that only activates at certain times, he probably won't be using magic.
uh, he was doing just that on their way to their master's place, magic to decrease friction or some other stuff like that to move faster....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 15:08   Link #109
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
my point is:
don't underestimated people just because they're not up to your 'standard'..Bloom folks
but your not getting the point.... a blind clearly has a disadvantage against someone who isnt.

However this dude is probably so IMBA, that even the bloom people dont stand a chance period against him in anything.

We dont know if he really cant cast magic... all we know is he has a secret which is so big, he doesnt want anyone to find out.

I dont think his little sister would be that scared of him either unless he was this great maou type person.
One word from the brother, and the sister shrivels up in fear from a backlash.

So in short... the blooms are bragging and bosting to someone who is already in a class above them, yet pretends to be in a class below them.

Its like a toy poodle trying to act big against a pitbull it see's on a 5inch TV screen because that's all they see. Little do they know the pitbull in real life is 10x its real size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
He is special in some way, since he didnt want Mizuki to look at him too long (i wonder if they have been tampered in some way to augment/give them magic by their father).
Yeah this is what i totally thought as well.
He was worried about her checking him out without her glasses.
The glasses nerf'd her power, without them, she would be able to tell clearly something is wrong.

This is why i think he's hiding something BIG.
And only the sister knows, which is why she shrivels in fear everytime he yells her name.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 17:09   Link #110
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
And only the sister knows, which is why she shrivels in fear everytime he yells her name.
I really don't think fear of his secret something power is why Miyuki is so submissive to him.

Unless you only mean that she's afraid of revealing the secret, and not that she's afraid of him or his power (if he has it).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 18:21   Link #111
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I really don't think fear of his secret something power is why Miyuki is so submissive to him.

Unless you only mean that she's afraid of revealing the secret, and not that she's afraid of him or his power (if he has it).
As of the 3 manga chapters the only fear that Miyuki has shown towards the MC is that of "losing his praise", thus she totally shrinks when he is to rebut her on something

About the current discussion, I think that there hasn't been any signs that Tatsuya can't use magic.... I mean, he wouldn't have been nominated to magic school exams if he couldn't.
Old 2012-03-01, 19:06   Link #112
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
uh, he was doing just that on their way to their master's place, magic to decrease friction or some other stuff like that to move faster....
Ah. For some reason, I led myself to believe he just couldn't use magic at all. My mistake.
Old 2012-03-02, 03:45   Link #113
shishio

I believe his magic is super strong and take a lot of his magic capacity. Therefore, he cant use other type of magic. Most probably, the magic is not destructive strong but technically it is hard to control but versatile and can be used to react to different kind of situation
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 04:13   Link #114
giorno

i think he might just be TOO powerful, as in, he doesn't actually have anything to learn at school, and is only going for miyuki, hence his disinterest for being classified as a weed

that, and either the way he uses magic is unconventional and thus can't be properly analyzed, or he uses some kind of uber-powerful but uber-dagerous magic and doesn't want people to know about it....possibly both

edit: actually, from the way he talks, i think he's effectively average or below average at magic, except for one specific type of magic at which he is godly(and this magic is probably something combat related and extremely overpowered and dangerous)
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 17:41   Link #115
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

This is borderline spoiler. Let them find out themselves as the story progresses and make their own judgement.

Not addressing to anyone in particular, but this is not the thread to 'show off' your future knowledge from the LN. There is already an LN thread here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109655

So stop talking about things, events, or clues of what will happen and how the characters are which are not shown in the manga yet. Show consideration to the manga-only readers who don't want to be spoiled. You can however post events or information present in the LN but missing from the manga, but only up till the timeline of the manga and in SPOILER tags. eg.
Spoiler for comparison with LN on explanation of Yakumo's Ninjutsu:

Please read the spoiler policies of the forum here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?..._spoilerpolicy
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post3328978 (especially point 3).

Man, I feel like a mod.
Actually, I'm aware. That's why I was extremely vague without giving anything specific away. If anything, I'm merely following along with what other people said. The Lelouch comparisons and hints about his ability are all deducible from the first three chapters, which others before me have already done so.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 10:14   Link #116
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Hey! Any news from this series?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:53   Link #117
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

With all that's shown thus far, I'm beginning to think that despite the fact that the school makes a big deal with the practicals (to which the main protagonist evidently failed at), it doesn't seem to thoroughly test those who take the test. Not much is shown yet (if anything) about what exactly happened during the practical test, so I can't really verify my thoughts on the matter. But with Miyuki giving hints and that person with the special eyes has indicated (and of course, the Tatsuya's reaction), the test probably didn't take into consideration what Tatsuya was good at. This would mean that anything obscure or is relatively complex that is not expected to be known by the students enrolling, would not be taken into consideration (after all, it's implied that Tatsuya is good at magic, if only looking at the theoretical applications).

Well those are my thoughts on the matter at least from what I've seen in the third chapter of this manga...
Old 2012-03-12, 22:19   Link #118
whsie

It's not too much of a spoiler and it doesn't have much of a plot device, so I guess I can mention his test. If not, the mods can feel free to delete it.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by whsie; 2012-03-13 at 01:31.
Old 2012-03-13, 01:12   Link #119
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

background on student council president?
Old 2012-03-13, 01:31   Link #120
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
background on student council president?
That... you'll need to go dig out the lightnovel thread, which is left pretty deep in the manga/lightnovel section (~ page 3-6).

The only reason I was willing to write a spoiler before was because it has utterly no purpose to the plot. Further, if you read the first three chapters, you can tell that Tatsuya didn't test out well on the practical. I just merely gave the details of that test.

Background info on the president by comparison has some plot device (related to the clans) and as such, I might get slammed if I go in detail here.

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei