AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 11 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 14.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 22:53   Link #21
Omniscient

Just to clarify, the two movies aren't coming out together. The King of Eden is November, and Paradise Lost is January 2010.
Old 2009-06-18, 23:00   Link #22
mrclastro

There's only one thing to say:

ALL HAIL AKIRA! :M

EDIT: Has anyone figured out who that old taxi driver is? I don't think that they randomly zoomed back on him after Saki left for the mall.
Old 2009-06-18, 23:09   Link #23
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Did you guys see the silhouettes of the neets in the mall? They all looked like Johnny from his dreams.

Which group subs this show?
Old 2009-06-18, 23:27   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Did you guys see the silhouettes of the neets in the mall? They all looked like Johnny from his dreams. Which group subs this show?
Yeah, the sunken-bellied shadow was a nice touch.

As for sub groups, I'm not sure it's okay to mention them, but here goes: gg, Frostii, Lunar, Darksoul, and Koharubi seem to be continuing. Desire, AonE, sudo, jade and Seito also did at least one ep.

@mrclastro -- I agree the taxi driver looked significant. But I also thought the DC taxi driver at the beginning of ep1 gave an odd glance and snigger, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-06-18, 23:41   Link #25
Raiga
tl;dr

That's it! The whole Game is actually a conspiracy set up by the taxi drivers of the world!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE! =O
Old 2009-06-19, 00:14   Link #26
Weils

Screencaps:

Old 2009-06-19, 00:59   Link #27
Diedrupo

argh! i can't believe nothing of importance happened in this episode! guess we have to wait for the movies for all the answers (not to mention the identities of the celecaos that weren't shown in the series).
Old 2009-06-19, 05:30   Link #28
rpgkiller999

Still don't get why Akira wants his memory wipe this time around.
Old 2009-06-19, 05:47   Link #29
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
Still don't get why Akira wants his memory wipe this time around.
for the same reason he did it the first time. He doesn't want to remember all the people that betrayed him. I want to find out who was the girl that had the dog. Was she his previous girlfriend?
Old 2009-06-19, 09:07   Link #30
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So he got his memory wiped...but this time when he "wakes" up Saki will be right next to him won't she? And she'll realise what he did no?
Old 2009-06-19, 09:55   Link #31
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
argh! i can't believe nothing of importance happened in this episode! guess we have to wait for the movies for all the answers (not to mention the identities of the celecaos that weren't shown in the series).
Wait, what? You call Akira stopping 60 missile strikes and becoming the king of Japan "nothing of importance"?
Old 2009-06-19, 10:21   Link #32
karumofin

its a nice finishing episode i guess, but one question...
he ordered juiz to use all the rest of his money, no? i thought if you use up all money you are dead, or do i remember that wrong?
Old 2009-06-19, 10:30   Link #33
Grif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I think you may want to rewatch that episode. Some pretty important stuff happened there.
Spoiler for final episode:
Old 2009-06-19, 10:30   Link #34
Godslayer
人間・失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
its a nice finishing episode i guess, but one question...
he ordered juiz to use all the rest of his money, no? i thought if you use up all money you are dead, or do i remember that wrong?
Maybe Juiz spend it in some way so that 1 Y is left , just in case what Akira did , had not meet the Supporter's expectation...

Aagh,,, November is still so long -.-
Spoiler for final ep:

wait what? i didnt see that coming in the last minute when he dropped the Noblesse Oblige to Saki's coat...
Old 2009-06-19, 10:33   Link #35
Grif

I think the rule was if you used up all your money, the supporter will come to kill you.

Didn't they say something about having the supporter on his side?

Or maybe, since he is now king he is of higher power than the supporter now.

Meh, hopefully the movie explains some of this.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:51   Link #36
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Well if he becomes the King, doesn't he win the game? Or is this a Battle Royale sort of thing now? The game condition was that you have to change Japan, and I think missiles bombing each other right over your roof is pretty mind altering.

Also, when he orders Juiz to make him the "king" of Japan, since apparently Juiz is some decision making gigantic AI, she could achieve this in several ways. I mean, he could own rights to some big company or some group that heavily influences Japan.

TAKIZAWA AKIRA: LEADER OF THE YAKUZA

Oh, he should have brainwashed everyone via cell phone. They can all be buddies then.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:52   Link #37
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

hmm, so besides being the owner of the doggy with wings who could that lady be....?
Old 2009-06-19, 10:56   Link #38
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif View Post
I think the rule was if you used up all your money, the supporter will come to kill you.

Didn't they say something about having the supporter on his side?

Or maybe, since he is now king he is of higher power than the supporter now.

Meh, hopefully the movie explains some of this.
that he is the king of Japan doesn't mean he can change Japan, he will try but doesn't mean that he will succeed. Remember that if Akira wins, all the other Selecao automaticly lose and losing means your death. #10 was trying to end the game in a way that all the people in the alliance could stay alive. Akira has to find a way to change how people think as the king. will people resist him?

You can die in this game in three way...

you use all your money, someone else wins the game, or you abuse the power of the selecao and the supporter don't agree with it.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:03   Link #39
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
...#10 was trying to end the game in a way that all the people in the alliance could stay alive...
You mean #1? I mean he's the mastermind and all . #10 seemed like he only cares about his revenge mainly.

By the way GG subs are up.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:20   Link #40
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

i just watched episode 11 and i didn't expect it to be the last episode until i was about to check my anime list... the movie in november is a very long wait... hopefully, the dvd release would be quick...
Closed Thread